Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Keshi Begs Nigerians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Begs Nigerians (1053 Views)

Argentine President Begs Messi To Come Back - Pix / Stephen Keshi Is Dead / Mikel Weeps, Begs NFF (Nigerian Football Federation) - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Begs Nigerians by joxxy01(m): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
Stephen Keshi has apologised to Nigerians over his protracted contract talks with the country's football federation.
A very sober coach Keshi in an exclusive interview with AfricanFootball.com also apologised personally to NFF president Amaju Pinnick and entire executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation.
"I have used the last few weeks for a deep sober reflections and I have realised that I have made mistakes," he said.
"I want to sincerely apologise first to Nigerians. Even though I did it when we failed to qualify for the AFCON. But no amount apology is too much for Nigerians, and from the depth of my heart I am really sorry for the pains I may have directly or indirectly caused Nigerians.
“I ask for their forgiveness because I know that once Nigerians are behind you and support the team we will all succeed."
He added: "I want to personally apologise to the NFF president Amaju Pinnick and the executive committee members. I personally like the manner in which they have handled things. I want to ask their forgiveness in anyway I have erred. Like it is said, it is human to err and divine to forgive.
"Now that we have entered a new page, I want to say that the last few years as the Eagles coach was a learning curve for me. I have made mistakes and those mistakes have made me better and I learnt a lot from them.
"I want to also apologise and appeal to the media. They are my friends in the media and I need them to succeed. I ask the media to forgive me and put the past behind because I need them for the Eagles to succeed."
Keshi is expected to soon sign a two-year contract that would take him to the 2017 AFCON.

africanfootball.com/news/525576/I-am-sorry-begs-Keshi

1 Like

Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by Henrypraise41(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
It is well but i hope he used all this vacation to attend course and learn more tactis
Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by Kennywills7(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
The only apology dat is acceptable is for him to win d 2017 afcon!
Not just winning it but playing good football to win d trophy

1 Like

Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by joxxy01(m): 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lets forgive keshi. Evry one deserves a second chance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by nzeobi(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
Keshi you have done your best. I don't see you doing better than you have done.
Go now that the ovation is a bit high

1 Like

Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by denedene(m): 3:21am On Apr 19, 2015
so it took you GEJ's loss to apologise? angry keshi I'm not wicked and i have forgiven you but the more reason you wanna stay, the more reason i don't want you to lead the super eagles. undecided

1 Like

Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by joxxy01(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
denedene:
so it took you GEJ's loss to apologise? angry keshi I'm wicked and i have forgiven you but the more reason you wanna stay, the more reason i don't want you to lead the super eagles. undecided
but keshi isn't as bad as u see him, for a coach that once won afcon for nigeria i tink he stil the best for the job. Lets just surport him.
Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by denedene(m): 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
joxxy01:
but keshi isn't as bad as u see him, for a coach that once won afcon for nigeria i tink he stil the best for the job. Lets just surport him.
bros keshi is not bad o! but he let the afcon victory affect his judgement, he disrespected his employer by releasing silly press statement, he became sentimental in his team selection,how did agbim and egwuekwe still make his team is still a mystery to me, when the nff offered to send him abroad he bluffed them.... so many things bro, he should leave. i won't support the national team if he stays angry

1 Like

Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by joxxy01(m): 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
denedene:
bros keshi is not bad o! but he let the afcon victory affect his judgement, he disrespected his employer by releasing silly press statement, he became sentimental in his team selection,how did agbim and egwuekwe still make his team is still a mystery to me, when the nff offered to send him abroad he bluffed them.... so many things bro, he should leave. i won't support the national team if he stays angry
lol..
Re: Keshi Begs Nigerians by denedene(m): 2:02am On Apr 20, 2015
joxxy01:
lol..
looool. he might still get the job, don't mind my ranting o! grin

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o Wins Golden Foot Award / Manchester United Sign Nigerian Wonderkid / Breaking News!! Arsenal Makes First Summer Signing : (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.