Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love (1343 Views)

10 Categories Of Ladies That May Lose Their Virginity On Valentine’s Day / Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / Why Do People Lose Their Sex Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by thinkdip(m): 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
1. There’s too much emphasis on instant gratification.
We live in an age of high speed everything. High speed internet, high speed 3G phone service; we expect everything to happen for us immediately now, and that’s a problem for love. Love is a slow build up. It’s not an instant thing. You can’t go on 3 dates and expect to be ready to live with each other.
2. Drugs and alcohol are used too heavily.
This is hardly a universal trait among people who have a hard time being in love. It’s not that roasting a bowl after work or having a beer with some friends on the weekend is really all that bad for you and your love life, but it’s when it becomes addiction that it’s problematic. In many cases, drug and alcohol use are on the decline, but it’s still love’s worst enemy in a lot of
ways.
3. Sleeping around is on the rise.
I’d argue that there’s nothing inherently wrong about sleeping around when you’re not in a steady relationship, aside from the possibility that diseases spread. Use protection! Go at your own pace. You don’t owe anyone anything. But in the same way that drugs damage your potential for love when you self medicate,
sex can be a kind of medication too. If you’re fine with sex that isn’t particularly special, that’s fine. But if you’re using it too fill a void in your life, it may hinder your ability to love fully in the future.
4. People are into themselves more now than ever.
More and more, we think about our needs before the needs of anyone else. It’s getting to the point of insanity. No one wants to take care of anything that doesn’t personally pertain to them. This constant self- interest makes it hard to let love into your life.
5. Dating happens because it’s what you think you’re supposed to do.
Everything that I’ve talked about so far pertains to everyone, but this one is a bit more common among the young I’ve found. We feel like we have to date just because that’s what you do. But that’s really not the case. It’s important to be able to love yourself before you fall in love with someone else. Take time to get to know you.
6. It’s harder to make compromises.
From the moment we’re born, we’re told that we havevto go to college and get these jobs and have a career and all of this other ambitious stuff. We’re also told tovhave a family, to have kids, to have that stupid house in the suburbs. The emphasis on success takes away from finding a partner and starting a family. It’s important to remember to compromise with each other. It doesn’t mean giving up everything. It just means making it work.
7. Being in love is a fairytale to some.
Love is different from person to person. Each relationship is unlike the last. It’s important to let it take the form it’s going to take, not force narratives of the fairytale love.
8. We just aren’t that great at loving.
I’ve seen it. I’ve felt it. I’ve experienced it in myself. We’re not that great at relationships and being in love. There’s no reason to be ashamed. It’s important that we grow as people. It’s important to remember that being in love is like being a part of the best team you could dream of. It’s important to remember how to talk to each other. Remember, we’re all people, and we all want to be treated a certain way. So embody that.
www.loverelation.info/2015/04/8-reasons-why-people-lose-their-ability.html?m=1
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nice 1 OP.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by muaa(f): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hmmm. love gone sour
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by Welrez(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
The rise in self-service.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by thinkdip(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
muaa:
Hmmm. love gone sour
really, how dear?
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
Also the Economy
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by Missmossy(f): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
Very true, everything seems bleeped. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel though grin
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by MRBrownJ: 4:43am On Apr 19, 2015
thinkdip:
1. There’s too much emphasis on instant gratification.
you should focus on compatibility before anything else. if you guys aint compatible, because you are not into "instant gratification", so be it but dont automatically assume that we all do. not everybody is in a r/ship in the ultimate aim of being in love.
here is a clue: some people date just in order to get laid.

2. Drugs and alcohol are used too heavily.
ANY addiction is bad for you whether drug/alcohol/food/sex/smoking/gambling/shopping/work etc...
the worst enemy of love is hate/indifference, get your facts right.

3. Sleeping around is on the rise.
why would you automatically assume that having sex with strangers is not special? it isnt to "you" but that doesnt mean it aint to others.
sexual satisfaction is very important when it comes to being in love, and many can achieve that with just about anybody (so long as their partner do the right thing in the bedroom)

4. People are into themselves more now than ever.
there is a need for people to love themselves before they can love other, therefore i believe there is nothing wrong with being into yourself, nor that you would lose any ability to fall in love because of this.

5. Dating happens because it’s what you think you’re supposed to do.
ahahahaha before you said people are too much into themselves and now you say you should love yourself. make up your mind, you either love yourself or you dont....

6. It’s harder to make compromises.
falling in love in order to find a partner with whom to have a family is just one more ambition in your life long ambitions. why cant people handle it all at the same time? you are making it sound like its difficult to focus on finding a great job while falling in love?! these are two separate things that should interfere with one anther, and if it does then you should have the maturity to make the right choice on what is more important in your life, at that particular time.

7. Being in love is a fairytale to some.
again, this has all to do with COMPATIBILITY.... and 2 people who look for that fairytale loving will be perfect for one another.

8. We just aren’t that great at loving.
your problem is that you dont respect love and therefore you think that you can/should fall in love with just about any donkey out there, come on bro! love is a special feeling and therefore you need a special person to share it with. if all the person in your life aint love worthy then i suggest you look within yourself as to what is wrong with the people you choose.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by thinkdip(m): 6:56am On Apr 19, 2015
MRBrownJ:

you should focus on compatibility before anything else. if you guys aint compatible, because you are not into "instant gratification", so be it but dont automatically assume that we all do. not everybody is in a r/ship in the ultimate aim of being in love.
here is a clue: some people date just in order to get laid.

ANY addiction is bad for you whether drug/alcohol/food/sex/smoking/gambling/shopping/work etc...
the worst enemy of love is hate/indifference, get your facts right.

why would you automatically assume that having sex with strangers is not special? it isnt to "you" but that doesnt mean it aint to others.
sexual satisfaction is very important when it comes to being in love, and many can achieve that with just about anybody (so long as their partner do the right thing in the bedroom)

there is a need for people to love themselves before they can love other, therefore i believe there is nothing wrong with being into yourself, nor that you would lose any ability to fall in love because of this.

ahahahaha before you said people are too much into themselves and now you say you should love yourself. make up your mind, you either love yourself or you dont....

falling in love in order to find a partner with whom to have a family is just one more ambition in your life long ambitions. why cant people handle it all at the same time? you are making it sound like its difficult to focus on finding a great job while falling in love?! these are two separate things that should interfere with one anther, and if it does then you should have the maturity to make the right choice on what is more important in your life, at that particular time.

again, this has all to do with COMPATIBILITY.... and 2 people who look for that fairytale loving will be perfect for one another.

your problem is that you dont respect love and therefore you think that you can/should fall in love with just about any donkey out there, come on bro! love is a special feeling and therefore you need a special person to share it with. if all the person in your life aint love worthy then i suggest you look within yourself as to what is wrong with the people you choose.
you only quoted me to indicate ignorance one what have posted, sorry if it hit you hard. But the post is very clear to understand na. okay do me a favour, read my topic title and understand the body perfectly and you'll see you didn't really make good point as u might believe you did sir. graces
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by MRBrownJ: 11:36am On Apr 19, 2015
thinkdip:

you only quoted me to indicate ignorance one what have posted, sorry if it hit you hard. But the post is very clear to understand na. okay do me a favour, read my topic title and understand the body perfectly and you'll see you didn't really make good point as u might believe you did sir. graces

i quoted you to point out where i disagreed with what you wrote, and therefore brought up my view on the matter. yes it does it me hard when i see such one sided post.
Re: 8 Reasons Why People Lose Their Ability To Be In Love by thinkdip(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
MRBrownJ:

i quoted you to point out where i disagreed with what you wrote, and therefore brought up my view on the matter. yes it does it me hard when i see such one sided post.
alright, your disagreement is welcome and understandable

(1) (Reply)

Guys Is It True? B4 Marriage & After Marriage / Can You Say Amen To This Prayer / Pls I Need Ur Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.