Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. (1685 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? / Exposé On The Laws Of Reincarnation,karma And Return. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 19, 2015
The scripture said "Strive to enter" and "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling." This has gotten many people to focus on keeping the law and assuring themselves of eternity.
One that is focused on keeping of the law will always end up in pride which is the greatest sin that satan was guilty of. You may ask, how? Remember two men went to the temple to pray. One was a keeper of the law and he lifted up his hand to heaven thanking God that he is not like sinner beside him. Yes! When you are good at keeping the law, your pride will always move you to judge the weaker ones that you are supposed to save. The sinners prayer of repentance was accepted instead of the his prayer. Therefore, keeping the law leads to pride, a grievous sin.

Also, the prodigal son wasted his share of wealth and suffered for a while. When he repented and returned to his father, he was accepted. His brother who happened to be perfect with the law was filled with hatred because his brother is now back to again share of his wealth. When you hold on to the law, you will find it difficult to love a sinner or a brother that needs help. Remember "He that hates his brother is a murderer."

The scripture said "In the last day, books shall be opened" and "every one shall be rewarded by what he has done, whether it be good or evil" We should know that the good or evil the scripture is talking about is not the law but our relationship with our fellows. "If you cannot love your fellows that you see, how can you love God that you can not see?"

The law was decided into two.
1. You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart, Strength and with all thy might.
2. You shall love your neighbour as your self.

Jesus can in the power of the Almighty and said, "I and the Farther are one" "He that love me shall be loved by the father." For us to fulfill the first law, we need to love Jesus that was once with us and now with us always via his word, story and Holy Spirit. And Jesus said, "If you love me, Keep my commandment" So to love God with all your heart, strenght and might is to keep the commandments of Christ.

The second commandment is even of more concern. You shall love your neighbour as yourself. How do you love yourself. Will you be happy to be treated the way you treat the poor, needy, Offan, widows, beggars if you are to be one of them. I am guilty of this. But #IHAVEDECIDED to be better than I had been. Help those that needs help, save those that needs saving, feed those that need feeding, visit those that needs visiting. This is why the scripture says, " A pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To Visit the Fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unsolved from the world."

.....................Only Remembered by what we have done...............
Re: Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. by emmyskies(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)
Re: Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
The law/commandment is a call to love. It should not be separated. Separating the two is kust like separating truth from grace.

If any one truly love, such shall keep the commandment.
Re: Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. by Scholar8200(m): 5:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
But remember the conclusion of the Sermon on the Mount Matthew 7:24,26 " ...whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine and doeth them not shall be likened unto a foolish man..."? and the command to disciples Luke 9:23." If any man will come after Me , let him deny himself, take up His cross and follow Me.

Note that the sermon on the mount was a broader revelation of the righteous requirements of the moral law (not ceremonial law that were shadows) which grace empowers us to do not by struggling but grace through faith!Titus 2:11-14"...the grace of God that brings salvation ...teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world

Galatians 5:24,23,22 shows the expressions of love, note Vs 24. 1 John 2:4,5 "He that says I know Him but keeps not His commandments is a liar but whoso keeps His commandments, in him verily is the love of God perfected"

True We are not saved by works but after we are saved,our works prove that we have received the end of our faith, just as the repentance of Ninevites could only be proved by their works ( Jonah 3:10)! Revelations 22:14 Blessed are they that keep His commandments...
Re: Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:
But remember the conclusion of the Sermon on the Mount Matthew 7:24,26 " ...whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine and doeth them not shall be likened unto a foolish man..."? and the command to disciples Luke 9:23." If any man will come after Me , let him deny himself, take up His cross and follow Me.

Note that the sermon on the mount was a broader revelation of the righteous requirements of the moral law (not ceremonial law that were shadows) which grace empowers us to do not by struggling but grace through faith!Titus 2:11-14"...the grace of God that brings salvation ...teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,we should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world

Galatians 5:24,23,22 shows the expressions of love, note Vs 24. 1 John 2:4,5 "He that says I know Him but keeps not His commandments is a liar but whoso keeps His commandments, in him verily is the love of God perfected"

True We are not saved by works but after we are saved,our works prove that we have received the end of our faith, just as the repentance of Ninevites could only be proved by their works ( Jonah 3:10)! Revelations 22:14 Blessed are they that keep His commandments...

Thank you for the insights.
From the topic, you will notice the phrase "Only Remembered by what you have done" and "not the laws you keep" Both phrases are talking about the commandment of God as they are obligations to keep.

He tried to separate the commandment of Christ which you exposed as the righteous requirement of the law and the the other law which we have set as a standard of measurement for righteousness. When we focus on this law as measurement, we will end up as that young man whom Jesus loved for keeping the law but was displeased when he refused to give his wealth to the poor and follow him. Remember the instruction to sell his belongings and give the proceeds to the poor is not in the law, yet for that disobedience, Jesus made the most terrifying statement, "It is easy for a Carmel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Jesus made it clear that the law is enshrined in two commandment, "Love the Lord" and "Love your Neighbour." If we open heartedly accept and keep these commandment, we have fulfilled the righteous requirement of the law.
Re: Only Remembered By What We have Done, Not By The Laws We Keep. by Scholar8200(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2015
victorels:

Thank you for the insights.
From the topic, you will notice the phrase "Only Remembered by what you have done" and "not the laws you keep" Both phrases are talking about the commandment of God as they are obligations to keep.

He tried to separate the commandment of Christ which you exposed as the righteous requirement of the law and the the other law which we have set as a standard of measurement for righteousness. When we focus on this law as measurement, we will end up as that young man whom Jesus loved for keeping the law but was displeased when he refused to give his wealth to the poor and follow him. Remember the instruction to sell his belongings and give the proceeds to the poor is not in the law, yet for that disobedience, Jesus made the most terrifying statement, "It is easy for a Carmel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Jesus made it clear that the law is enshrined in two commandment, "Love the Lord" and "Love your Neighbour." If we open heartedly accept and keep these commandment, we have fulfilled the righteous requirement of the law.
Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

MMM And 666 / Preparing For Rapture, Part 11, (crucifixion Of Flesh) / Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.