Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? (12988 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? / Prophetic Warfare Prayers For Destroying Witchcraft Spiritual Feedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Reference(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
chiedu7:
Jesus said its faith not long prayers that gets answers

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you

Very good. And faith is a product of knowledge. Knowledge creates calm and confidence shortens conversations. That is how it works. The bible said of Jesus, He always knew what to do. So one word was enough to relocate demons. No stress. His teaching of the Lord's Prayer is an executive summary not a lengthy constitution.

1 Like

Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
crowns2:

But speaking in tongues is a gift of the spirit. Bible says its edifying. It gives boldness and you are speaking direct to God. Praying in the spirit.[My Offline Bible] 1 Corinthians 14
2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Not everybody who claims or pretend to be speaking in tongues are real. People learn how to ramble in the name of speaking in tongues.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
[
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by kolin4ril99(m): 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
ignis:
Whether long or short prayer, it depends on your faith.
So many people like op, mistake prayers to be just asking whatever you need from God. But, praising and worshiping God, telling him how great he is, is also prayer, and can last all day.

Tell them
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by justwise(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
crowns2:

I think it's a personal thing. Why would anyone want to pretend with that? shocked

The same way people use the name of God to commit crime, pastor sexually abusing members in the name of casting out devil or healing.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Donpizzle(m): 5:40am On Apr 20, 2015
BiHung:
Lol

Christians will never seize to amaze me.

How can you expect people to close their eyes for One Good Hour?

Nna this is wicked o

At some point you start peeping and peeping...chai!

The worst part is when you think the pastor is about to round up the prayer...only for him to say "now i want you to remember our brethren in south africa.."... Nna e..na now prayer just dey start ooo..after 1hour already...wetin?? Wetin? Na we kill jesus?

i hv bin hearin ppl mke dis statement NA ME KILL JESUS?...... He died for our sins. To ur question? yes na we kil am
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by dallyemmy: 7:26am On Apr 20, 2015
James 5:16b from amplified version bible:The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
starlingslimnet:
fervency is not long prayers but Simple act of Fellowship with God
. I think you can pray long prayer once it is not for show, it must be heartfelt not hypocritical! For fervency means having or showing great warmth or intensity of spirit, feeling, enthusiasm, etc.; ardent:

How did Jesus pray who is our great example? check Mathew 26:36-41

36 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Luke 18:1Amplified Bible (AMP)

Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to [a]turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Birdmanjnr(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2015
Get born again and you wont feel the prayer session is long or short. You could pray for whole lot of different things for six hours n stil feel like praying more when u are bornagain. You may repeat prayer points- it is the spirit that leads. NOTE: We learn hw to pray by praying. Discover God, discover adventure. The more you know Him, the more you wanna know Him if bornagain. YOU GET BORNAGAIN BY CONFESSING UR SINS, BELIEVING AND ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST AS UR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR AND THEN MAKING UP UR MIND FROM DEEP WITHIN NEVER TO GO BACK TO THOSE THINGS YOU USE TO DO WRONG-YOU WILL BECOME BORNAGAIN FROM THAT MOMENT. The experience is priceless i bet you.
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by Maawitemi: 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
dallyemmy:
James 5:16b from amplified version bible:The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. . I think you can pray long prayer once it is not for show, it must be heartfelt not hypocritical! For fervency means having or showing great warmth or intensity of spirit, feeling, enthusiasm, etc.; ardent:

Yes. fervency and effectiveness of prayer has very little to do with the length or loudness of the prayer. Check "High Decibel Prayers" on CommunuionAffairs at http://communionaffairs.com/high-decibel-prayers/
Re: Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? by jaffi: 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
This is one major reason we pray for hours:
READ YOUR RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

INTERCEDE FOR OTHERS.
MONDAY ,APRIL 20TH,2015.

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men (1 Timothy 2:1).

Interceding for others is something you do regularly, not when it's convenient, but as a ministry. You should be effective in changing other people's lives through prayers. If there's someone in the church who's not been very consistent and almost giving up the faith, perhaps due to intense trials and persecution, intercede for that one. You'll make an impact; you'll restore that life.

The latter part of James 5:16 says, "...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"; this is in the context of praying for others; he lets us know how we can be effective in changing other people's lives. The Amplified Version says, "...The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]". When you notice some believers around you, who're not growing well in Christ, intercede for them. If you have relatives and friends who aren't born again, you should be interceding for them very strongly; don't take it lightly! Remember, the Bible says there's joy in the presence of the angels of God in heaven over one sinner that repents (Luke 15:10).

Intercessory prayer isn't something you're casual about; it's heartfelt; that means your emotions are involved; you keep at it until there's a testimony. It could take days, weeks, months, but don't stop; keep praying, because the value of the one you're interceding for is the life of Jesus. Each one of us is as valuable to God as Jesus is. So, when you take up a matter concerning another believer, and you're praying, you're not wasting time; you're causing a changing in the realm of the Spirit.

Sometimes, there could be people, who are carnal among us and may act foolishly; don't get angry at them; intercede for them instead. Fight for their souls, because Satan is the one deceiving them; don't let him win. Keep interceding for them fervently and passionately, praying in other tongues, until the Holy Spirit takes over the intercession with deep sighs - groanings that are too deep for words! "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26).

PRAYER:
Precious Father, I pray for increased revelation, and understanding of your Word amongst your children all around the world! I declare that the Church abounds more and more in knowledge, and growing stronger by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for the work of the Holy Ghost in the churches, all around the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
James 5:16(KJV) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Ephesians 6:18(KJV) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Acts 12:5-7(KJV) Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. 6 And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. 7 And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 18:15-43;1Samuel 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Mark 4:1-12;Leviticus 20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life Changing Lesson From The Story Of A Woman Caught In Adultery In The Bible / Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.