Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,793 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town (51237 Views)

Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital / Unfortunate Deaths In Our Hospitals; A Nurse's Perspective / Irele Mysterious Deaths: Community Begins Spiritual Cleansing (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by chysam: 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
In Africa,people never rest and there is nothing like Rest In Peace (R.I.P). When they die,they continue to work as ancestors,receiving salaries in the form of goats,yams, ect as sacrifice. Na waoo!!!
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
So na weed them dey weed human being with herbicidesgrin grin

Maybe them dey try reduce the population were dey that area grin
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by obstead200(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
High Chief Moses Enimade

The bearer of the above name should never be allowed to roam freely.
Word!!!!!
Did u notice dat d slowpoke even has a very Godly Christian name "moses"? Yet he can spew such rubbish
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by freshcvv(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
obstead200:

Word!!!!!
Did u notice dat d slowpoke even has a very Godly Christian name "moses"? Yet he can spew such rubbish

You mean the Hebrew godly name? What if his name was Mohammed? What would you say about his name?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is called " story for the gods"

God's mercy will prevail....all they need to do is, go on their kneels and pray.!
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Royver(m): 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
[size=18pt]Interesting!

White man said something, black folks did not even allow his words to cool down before believing him and insulting their forefathers.

We really have low self esteem! [/size]

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by codedname: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
Who named the high priest Moses?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
WHY are we surprise ? Even the Oba Lil Wayne is believed to be a messenger of the gods. Someone who is in the pocket of politicians. South West people need more education truly, no insult intended.

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by duni04(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
In order not to jettison both arguments or both sides of the coin, what if the killer pesticides were kept in the shrine to deliberately incapacitate intruders and what if truly those people broke into the shrine to steal those artifacts and somehow came In contact with the pesticides in the shrine. It may seem far fetched but very plausible.

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by akoaki(m): 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bevista:
Hate the oyibos or like them, they are light years ahead of us.

Imagine only Africans leaving in a world of HIV, Ebola, Cancer, etc. We would still be running around 'praying' and appeasing some gods while the disease continues ravaging the people.

We lack the capacity to THINK, so we explain away every circumstance as Spiritual.

You spoke my mind. I believe in God and the ability of humans to use their brains to achieve excellence in whatever they wish to. But while the whites are using their brain to do exploits for mankind, blacks (especially nigerians) are so lazy to use the brain to full capacity. All we say is that God is able to do all things for men. And when nigerians fail, they blame it on the enemy or the devil. Religion, culture and tradition have done a lot of damage to the thinking capacity of many blacks. We must wake up and embrace critical thinking and science to reduce our dependence on culture and tradition which are part of the bane of our society.

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by lebienconnu: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
This report says the culprit is likely to be a pesticide.
Questions.
Why does the pesticide single out young men (25-40)? I pray this hypothesis fails otherwise the people of Irele and the neighbourhood should brace themselves for an unprecedented and a very serious calamity.

What is the name of the likely "pesticide" and where could the victims have got themselves exposed to it? It is a suspect now and its use should be discontinued until acquitted in a court of law.

Have they scanned the said shrine for potential contaminants? For any radioactive activity that could corrupt the central nervous system. I know its not the gods. I know the gods are not to blame. But the source of the mystery could be a pollutant in the house of the "gods".

Eniwe, I am joining the WHO research team when I finish in the medical school (pray for me).

Had I the means, I would pursue this line of thought and nail the bastard in no time. Unfortunately, I do not. Its gonna be everything the white guy says for now. In the words of my mentor, it is a pitiable dismal abysmal. It is regrettably lugubrious.

2 Likes

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by nwonufestus(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
mtchewww ,in olamide's voice #storyforthegods
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by lozanni(m): 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
dunkem21:
Ignorance is the worst disease ever.

Even the haggard native doctor follow scam the supposed intelligent ones.

I just hope say the women never use water drown the whiskey drinking, mango chopping, dollar spending, useless and powerless goddess. ..na dat time the gods go crazy like mad cheesy

Testing.

lool. You are very funny.

African need to know that we live in the age of intellect and research and not that of superstition and fear.
We need to embrace academic and intellectual curiosity as this will help us overcome problems of poverty, disease, miserable existence and avoidable death.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Konjour(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
It might be Pesticides. Fair enough. But its impossible to detect/diagnose which is a spiritual attack with a lab test in any case.

The dark arts have never been proven Scientifically. That is not to say they don't exist.

Being educated does not mean one should be ignorant and narrow-minded. cool

1 Like

Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
The funniest part of it all... The priest is named Moses. If he is worth the salt in his food, would'nt he be named properly? Moses? really? were your ancestors baptized?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by timunstopable: 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is what commisioner of health in Ondo said :

“Our investigations revealed that the victims, who are commercial motorcyclists, gathered at some local joints to take alcoholic substance mixed with roots and some other local herbs on the eve of the outbreak of the disease."

Na Paraga and Agbo cause am

una don hear all you Paraga , Agbo People
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by jamillion: 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Whatever one believes in will surely work for em "Faith", don't underrate once belief, it could cost u your life
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Hennyboy(m): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
THIS A MUST READ : Before Nigeria descends into telecoms monopoly from MTN

http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=167353

What do you all think?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
How would herbicides chemicals be the cause?!
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by dunkem21(m): 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
lozanni:

Testing.

lool. You are very funny.

African need to know that we live in the age of intellect and research and not that of superstition and fear.
We need to embrace academic and intellectual curiosity as this will help us overcome problems of poverty, disease, miserable existence and avoidable death.

Imagine that guy on suit dey dobale for rasterfarian. .. If I slap ..

My 10 year old sister never fetch water full drum, you come dey tell am make she go fetch water for stream for who ..for wetin ..If she hear am eh ..
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
I still believe the gods punished them through the herbicide....cos on a normal day, herbicides aren't that strong.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
I still believe the gods punished them through the herbicide....cos on a normal day, herbicides aren't that strong.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Dbboy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
So much for the educated bunch.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by tipzyayd(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bevista:
Hate the oyibos or like them, they are light years ahead of us.

Imagine only Africans leaving in a world of HIV, Ebola, Cancer, etc. We would still be running around 'praying' and appeasing some gods while the disease continues ravaging the people.

We lack the capacity to THINK, so we explain away every circumstance as Spiritual.

Hello beCSAuse some people lack d ability to think does not mean everybody is dumb So please I dont support ddddd **We** I think **They** is a better description
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Oladimanyrocket: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
African Thinking....
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Bevista: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
tipzyayd:

Hello beCSAuse some people lack d ability to think does not mean everybody is dumb So please I dont support ddddd **We** I think **They** is a better description
Apologies bro. Noted.
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by dunkem21(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Billyonaire:
WHY are we surprise ? Even the Oba Lil Wayne is believed to be a messenger of the gods. Someone who is in the pocket of politicians. South West people need more education truly, no insult intended.

I don't know how to say it without people feeling slighted.

Imagine, a whole governor packing and running out of govt house cos im dey see kolanuts, yam and sweets @crossroads ..one lunatic will still come and scam him in the name of cleansing ..

.."Emancipate yourself from mental slavery ..

..None but ourselves can free our mind" .. Bob Marley
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
politricks:
My people perish for their lack of knowledge. I wonder what is the function of our so called universities.

Going to school is just a rite of passage.
just go so U can be qualified to get a job and lots of money

Even the lecturers are there to make money and go
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by bettercreature(m): 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
If you dont know the power of black magic or you dont believe in it
atleast you are seen mad people on the street
or just come over and let me test something on you
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by mizzyboy007: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
dridowu:
*WHO scientists say not angry god behind strange deaths in Ode-Irele

Pesticide poisoning was the likely cause of the mysterious deaths of at least 18 people in a southwestern Nigerian town earlier this week, the World Health Organization said Sunday.

The “current hypothesis is cause of the event is herbicides”, WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl said in a Tweet.

“Tests done so far are negative for viral and bacterial infection,” he added.

The victims began showing symptoms early last week in what Ondo state spokesman Kayode Akinmade called a “mysterious disease”, prompting fears of a new infectious disease outbreak in a region ravaged by Ebola.

The victims, whose symptoms included headache, weight loss, blurred vision and loss of consciousness, died within a day of falling ill in the town of Ode-Irele, in southwestern Ondo state.
The Ondo state health commissioner, Dayo Adeyanju, told AFP Saturday that 23 people had been affected.

Akinmade said health officials and experts from the government and aid agencies, as well as WHO epidemiologists, had arrived in Ode-Irele to investigate the deaths.

The tests were carried out at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, the WHO said.
A high chief of the town had attributed the deaths to the anger of the god of Molokun.

High Chief Moses Enimade, next in command to Oba Cornelius Olanrewaju-Lebi, debunked the rumour that the deaths were caused by strange disease or Ebola virus.

No fewer than 20 youths reportedly died of severe headaches and blindness in the town recently.
Enimade contended that some stubborn youths broke into the inner room of Molokun Shrine on April 15.

“Molokun is a deity of the land, only the Chief Priest and High Chief Gboguron are qualified to enter the shrine.’’

The chief said the youths entered the shrine and made away with traditional items in a bid to acquire extra-ordinary powers and engage in money ritual.
“They were not qualified to enter the room (shrine). They had to face death penalty’’; he emphasised.
“Because these youths want to be rich at all costs, they entered the sacred place and made away with traditional items and 20 of them have died as a result of their desperate acts,

“We have to appease the gods or else many will still die and we have to bury them according to tradition. Their corpses belong to the gods and will be exhumed if buried by their families.’’

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/19/who-blames-pesticide-for-mysterious-deaths-in-nigerian-town/
Omo...that chief priest need money scatter....lol
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by miky(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Don't be surprised if some of those idiots claiming spirits are nairalanders.. They could have giggled that ish.. I wonder how many heads were used to appease the fake gods?
Re: WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town by drAvundaa: 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
ayusco85:

WHO should not piss off malokun o. else the death will visit them grin grin.

Africa and their beliefs
hahahahhahahah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying / Tick Borne Virus Spreads In China. / Help My Mother Diagnose This Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.