Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

"igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" (26111 Views)

The Igala People In Anambra State / Somali-Sudanese Wedding / Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ChinenyeN(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
Sugabelly, how many reports are there? Because I have access to 6 different volumes at this very moment. I also do know that he did reports on Edo people.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Sugabelly, how many reports are there? Because I have access to 6 different volumes at this very moment. I also do know that he did reports on Edo people.

Omg there are LOTS. And not just by him, but by a bunch of other people too. I'm doing a very large scale research project on pre-colonial Igbo culture and my university's library is full of these dusty old documents. Plus I request them from other university libraries. Most of the best resources are not available on the internet and are only available as the original book form. Some of them are so old and fragile they're wrapped in a special kind of paper when I get them. The Ivy Leagues have the best and rarest ones and sometimes there are waiting lists but I swear it's too much. There's so much amazing stuff about Igbo culture and words that most Igbo people have either forgotten or have never heard before. If you go to school in America you should do the research too. It's terribly stressful and time consuming but it is sooo worth it.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ChinenyeN(m): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
Okay. Do you mind providing me with the names of those authors, anthropologists, etc. etc.?
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Okay. Do you mind providing me with the names of those authors, anthropologists, etc. etc.?

Hey! That is unfair! Do you think I sit around on the Internet all day with nothing to do? Do you know how many there are? I have a $140 library late fee because there are so many books it's taking me time to return them. I am a college student. I don't have time to make lists on the internet. Sorry but you'll have to do the research your self.

I've given you Northcote, and to be nice I'll give you Basden, but I definitely don't have the time nor the energy to make you a list.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ChinenyeN(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
Okay, thanks, but can you recall any that speak specifically about southern Igbo cultural zones?
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ababda: 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2009
i don't know that this have any significance to najia igbos, but here is web site i found.

http://www.ancientsudan.org/articles_jewish_elephantine.html
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
I don't understand your reply

sugabelly:

Or ORNAMENT

Also if you are an Igbo person then you should know that any word that has a different tone even if it has the same spelling is a completely DIFFERENT word.

That means that Akwa = cloth is a COMPLETELY different word from Akwa = egg.

Aren't you Igbo?

Akolo (ornament/jewelry) and Akolo (kidney) are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORDS.

I do not see what your point is. As you can see in the screen cap i attached below the tone for Akolo - kidney and Akolo - ornament is completely different.

This is what you wrote.

And this is what I said originally:

ezeagu:

According to the translation guide Thomas Northcote made (don't forget he's a Victorian) Akolo is either depending on the tone used: Kidney, Slang or Tic.

So Akolo can mean ornament also, okay I would think Ornament and Jewelry are separate words for a reason. On the other hand there are other words in the translation guide that are completely different to other Igbo dialects. Ola (in a different tone) in the book is even put as sleeping. Anyhow if you speak with somebody in certain parts of Igboland and ask what is jewelry they'll tell you it's Ola. I doubt you would be able to properly understand an Ezza or an Ika when they speak their language.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Okay, thanks, but can you recall any that speak specifically about southern Igbo cultural zones?

There aren't very many, there is The Ibo and Ibibio-speaking peoples of south-eastern Nigeria by G. I. Jones.

Ethnographic survey of Africa: Western Africa ,
Part 3 of Ethnographic Survey of Africa: Western Africa by Oxford University.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 03, 2009
ezeagu:

There aren't very many, there is The Ibo and Ibibio-speaking peoples of south-eastern Nigeria by G. I. Jones.

Ethnographic survey of Africa: Western Africa ,
Part 3 of Ethnographic Survey of Africa: Western Africa by Oxford University.

Does this include forgotten books, slides, and documents buried in nameless university libraries all over the world?
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 03, 2009
ezeagu:

I don't understand your reply

This is what you wrote.

And this is what I said originally:

So Akolo can mean ornament also, okay I would think Ornament and Jewelry are separate words for a reason. On the other hand there are other words in the translation guide that are completely different to other Igbo dialects. Ola (in a different tone) in the book is even put as sleeping. Anyhow if you speak with somebody in certain parts of Igboland and ask what is jewelry they'll tell you it's Ola. I doubt you would be able to properly understand an Ezza or an Ika when they speak their language.

It's basically about archaic wording. If you read the pronounciation guide in the beginning you'll see that he uses O in some cases to represent U. Why he does that I have no idea but the Ola - sleep is actually Ula. Anyway, ornament = jewelry in this case.

I mean seriously, the dude wrote coitus for 'sex'. It took me a whole string of similes for sex before I eventually came upon the Igbo word for sex.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 1:21am On Nov 03, 2009
sugabelly:

Does this include forgotten books, slides, and documents buried in nameless university libraries all over the world?

Most books on the Igbo (or even Eastern Nigeria) center around the select few tribes around the Anambra. The only books that give a view of southern Igboland (pre-colonial) are slave journals, but those are really hard to interpret because they gave general terms for the area such as the "Ebo Country" and called ethnic groups such as the Ibibio the 'moco' plus their untrustworthy because, well, they're slavers diaries. I remember reading a snippet of one that said the Igbo are inferior to the northerners (the Malians, etc, etc) I guess because the Mandinka, etc 'wore clothes' and 'built empires'.

sugabelly:

It's basically about archaic wording. If you read the pronounciation guide in the beginning you'll see that he uses O in some cases to represent U. Why he does that I have no idea but the Ola - sleep is actually Ula. Anyway, ornament = jewelry in this case.

I mean seriously, the dude wrote coitus for 'sex'. It took me a whole string of similes for sex before I eventually came upon the Igbo word for sex.

Oh, what is the Igbo word for sex, thats one of the words that was probably purposefully blasted out of the Igbo lexis in colonial times. undecided
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 03, 2009
ezeagu:

Most books on the Igbo (or even Eastern Nigeria) center around the select few tribes around the Anambra. The only books that give a view of southern Igboland (pre-colonial) are slave journals, but those are really hard to interpret because they gave general terms for the area such as the "Ebo Country" and called ethnic groups such as the Ibibio the 'moco' plus their untrustworthy because, well, they're slavers diaries. I remember reading a snippet of one that said the Igbo are inferior to the northerners (the Malians, etc, etc) I guess because the Mandinka, etc 'wore clothes' and 'built empires'.

Oh, what is the Igbo word for sex, thats one of the words that was probably purposefully blasted out of the Igbo lexis in colonial times.  undecided

On the first bit, I disagree. I have seen journals that discuss the Igbo people to the south and those along the coast with descriptions of Igbo travel boats (not just canoes), fishing boats, fishing equipment, etc. Admittedly, because of the sheer volume of information I haven't even gotten around to examining any of that stuff but I was particularly anxious to confirm Igbo aquatic habits and the design and use of Igbo nautical vessels so I pretty much did a quick flip through.  Documents like this exist but they are often in the personal journals of explorers (like Mungo Park) and other people so you have to wade through piles of useless information to get the three sentences that you've been desperately searching for.

Also, the Igbo verb for sex is Ila (or Ira depending on dialect) - i.e. to f uck. All the same conjugation rules apply. While I'm someone that says Mili, I personally prefer Ira (because of the confusion of Ila with to drink)

so I could say O ram - he  f ucked me. or N ra ya (I f ucked him).

Penis is Amu, Vagina is Ikpu, Ami, and a variety of other elaborate names (I guess there is power in p ussy huh?)

It's a pity, you'll never find these words in any Igbo dictionary today. I blame the damn missionaries

I also found some very fascinating Igbo insults. cheesy
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 3:17am On Nov 03, 2009
sugabelly:

the confusion of Ila with to drink

Hmm, I wonder why that is. . . . . undecided lipsrsealed

sugabelly:

On the first bit, I disagree. I have seen journals that discuss the Igbo people to the south and those along the coast with descriptions of Igbo travel boats (not just canoes), fishing boats, fishing equipment, etc. Admittedly, because of the sheer volume of information I haven't even gotten around to examining any of that stuff but I was particularly anxious to confirm Igbo aquatic habits and the design and use of Igbo nautical vessels so I pretty much did a quick flip through.  Documents like this exist but they are often in the personal journals of explorers (like Mungo Park) and other people so you have to wade through piles of useless information to get the three sentences that you've been desperately searching for.

The southern Igbo I'm talking about aren't anywhere near the sea or great waters, I'm talking about groups such as the Aro who the Europeans only just penetrated after the war in the early 20th century (I think between 1890's to 1910) there were not enough European explorers or explorers recorded that got in the hinterland which is why the map around this area was left blank for a while, I remember being told a story about a white man on a bicycle in Owerri I think being killed because they thought he was ndi mmuo, this wouldn't have been too long ago because people are still telling this story.

The people they were probably talking about are the riverine people who were the first to meet Europeans anyway. Only if I see Ngwa in a 19th century book will I be convinced that they documented the southern Igbo well, the only person I know who did was G. I Jones.

Addding to that if the Europeans had had knowledge this deep they would have tried their best to squash the Okonko fraternity in the Abia area. . . . .
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 03, 2009
ezeagu:

Hmm, I wonder why that is. . . . . undecided lipsrsealed

The southern Igbo I'm talking about aren't anywhere near the sea or great waters, I'm talking about groups such as the Aro who the Europeans only just penetrated after the war in the early 20th century (I think between 1890's to 1910) there were not enough European explorers or explorers recorded that got in the hinterland which is why the map around this area was left blank for a while, I remember being told a story about a white man on a bicycle in Owerri I think being killed because they thought he was ndi mmuo, this wouldn't have been too long ago because people are still telling this story.

The people they were probably talking about are the riverine people who were the first to meet Europeans anyway. Only if I see Ngwa in a 19th century book will I be convinced that they documented the southern Igbo well, the only person I know who did was G. I Jones.

Addding to that if the Europeans had had knowledge this deep they would have tried their best to squash the Okonko fraternity in the Abia area. . . . .

Omg are you kidding me? There is LOADS of stuff written about the Aro. Come on, the Aro were one of the greatest threats to the Europeans, they used the Abams as mercenaries. They had the Long Juju, everyone was terrified of them. There's a lot of stuff written about them.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ChinenyeN(m): 4:40am On Nov 03, 2009
ezeagu:

Exactly my thoughts, and I can guess two possible reasons for that. Anyway, thank you for the survey, though. I'll go and look into that.

ezeagu:

Either that, or utilize it, but they did neither, which leads one to believe that they did not possess knowledge of Okonko or much of southern/eastern Igbo groups.

Sugabelly, a lot of what was written about the Aro at first was speculation. It is only recently, that information about non-Anambra-based cultural zones are actually being surveyed.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by No2Atheism(m): 6:43am On Nov 03, 2009
@sugarbelly

1. wat are u studying that warrants you to do the historical research that you are doing . . .

2. How much do you know about Africa History

3. Are you eurocentric person or a pan african person.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ababda: 5:13am On Nov 04, 2009
To ezeagu: Somali/Ethiopian clusters", "Negroid features", "mixed types", I would think you people were eyeing goats to be bought in a market.

i will reserve my comments that many northern sudanese and egyptians say about yours, because at the end of the day i know it is utter ignorance similar to your statement which is utter ignorance. interesting, "eyeing goats to be brought in the market" are you confusing us with your local fulan and tuaregs in your far north. i am sorry to disappoint you we are different people. however, i met some najia fulan in egypt great people, and he always had something positive to say about each ethnicity in najia. he represented your country well, and your "mix types" statement, do you have a inferiority complex or something. indeed, i really don't understand your meaning?
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2009
ababda:

To ezeagu: Somali/Ethiopian clusters", "Negroid features", "mixed types", I would think you people were eyeing goats to be bought in a market.

i will reserve my comments that many northern sudanese and egyptians say about yours, because at the end of the day i know it is utter ignorance similar to your statement which is utter ignorance. interesting, "eyeing goats to be brought in the market" are you confusing us with your local fulan and tuaregs in your far north. i am sorry to disappoint you we are different people. however, i met some najia fulan in egypt great people, and he always had something positive to say about each ethnicity in najia. he represented your country well, and your "mix types" statement, do you have a inferiority complex or something. indeed, i really don't understand your meaning?

I thought it was obvious that I was making a comment about how people are grouping others into species like their animals.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by morpheus24: 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2009
ababda:

@ agbada

Please don't mind some foolish people here who have only travelled from London to lagos and back and have notidea of anything concernig African diversity.

I tend to hypothesis that the Igbo are an original central African group who may have crossed paths with Igala and older ethnic groups that occupy Rainforest regions as they made their way to their present location.

This is theory, however mere observation would cluster them with the Physique types in Central regions of Africa which include robust builds and round cranias obviously a result of diet rich agriculture.

There are observable differences with Hausa Igbo and Yoruba:

Yorubas tend to have more "harder" facial features and less larger crania compared to  igbos who crania are larger and facial features more relaxed compared to the hausa's who are have more elongated body and crania with even more relaxed facial features.

Linguistically Yoruba language types are more similar to their western neighbours than they are to Igbos or Northerners which could point to the latter arrival of the Igbo to that region. They couldn't have come from the north cause the language does not have any roots with northern groups or their neighbours cluster more with groups close to their regions as well.

I think an extensive DNA sapmling should be done on each  Nigerian group to determine relatedness. I for one will hold to that theory for now until there is more evidence to back it up.

PS I am really weary of the the term Bantu as it keeps being used in the wrong context.

It is ob
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2009
morpheus24:

@ agbada

Please don't mind some foolish people here who have only travelled from London to lagos and back and have notidea of anything concernig African diversity.

I tend to hypothesis that the Igbo are an original central African group who may have crossed paths with Igala and older ethnic groups that occupy Rainforest regions as they made their way to their present location.

This is theory, however mere observation would cluster them with the Physique types in Central regions of Africa which include robust builds and round cranias obviously a result of diet rich agriculture.

There are observable differences with Hausa Igbo and Yoruba:

Yorubas tend to have more "harder" facial features and less larger crania compared to  igbos or hausa's whose faces are more relaxed.

Linguistically Yoruba language types are more similar to their western neighbours than they are to Igbos or Northerners which could point to the latter arrival of the Igbo to that region. They couldn't have come from the north cause the language does not have any roots with northern groups or their neighbours cluster more with groups close to their regions as well.

I think an extensive DNA sapmling should be done on each  Nigerian group to determine relatedness. I for one will hold to that theory for now until there is more evidence to back it up.

PS I am really weary of the the term Bantu as it keeps being used in the wrong context.

It is ob

There is evidence of Igbo settlements around the Niger from around 4000 BC (give or take a 100 years), Yoruba is about 2000 BC, so the Igbo are older in the Niger area than the Yoruba. The Hausa may be the latest group to arrive or evolve in their present area.

The Igbo are genetically similar to the Mbundu in Angola.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2009
^^ I hope you know there are a lot of people who are genetically the same as "Igbo" but not in the modern sense.

and no, I'm not referring to Delta, Rivers states or AAs. Or Ikeymann's fantasies.

Its all about the label and some clever white/other guy formatting a plan aka culture, in times gone by.

In general. Some things remain deep.

and its common throughout Africa, with various groups.

I can also start a tribe simply by gathering people together and formulating some religion, code of conduct, and laws.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2009
tpia.:

^^ I hope you know there are a lot of people who are genetically the same as "Igbo" but not in the modern sense.

and no, I'm not referring to Delta, Rivers states or AAs. Or Ikeymann's fantasies.

Its all about the label and some clever white/other guy formatting a plan aka culture, in times gone by.

In general. Some things remain deep.

and its common throughout Africa, with various groups.

Are you suggesting that there is no such thing as the Igbo 'unique' ethnic group (in terms of genes)? If you are . . . . . . . . . . . . you're right.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2009
ababda:

BTW you completely misunderstood what I was talking about, if you didn't get my reply.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by morpheus24: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2009
ezeagu:

There is evidence of Igbo settlements around the Niger from around 4000 BC (give or take a 100 years), Yoruba is about 2000 BC, so the Igbo are older in the Niger area than the Yoruba. The Hausa may be the latest group to arrive or evolve in their present area.

The Igbo are genetically similar to the Mbundu in Angola.

Any studies or links I can take a look at regarding settlments and relatedness to the Mbundu, Groups in central Africa normally took an eastern/ southern route as far as movement dynamics and  it is possible the Igbos may have been in that region before the arrival of the Yoruba.

In their present grouping/form. I hardly doubt, 4000 years is a long time but then again give me a link,
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2009
morpheus24:

Any studies or links I can take a look at regarding settlments and relatedness to the Mbundu, Groups in central Africa normally took an eastern/ southern route as far as movement dynamics and  it is possible the Igbos may have been in that region before the arrival of the Yoruba.

In their present grouping/form. I hardly doubt, 4000 years is a long time but then again give me a link,

[url=http://books.google.com/books?id=VGjKp-7FyGIC&pg=PA12&dq=nsukka+4500&ei=ZUvzSufeGJi0MNH9rcwC#v=onepage&q=nsukka%204500&f=false]Here[/url]

It's actually 4500 BC.

I'm not sure if the Igbo-Mbundu genetic similarity is correct.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ababda: 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2009
ezeagu: don't worry about it, i just misunderstood you. you are right with all these categorizations of africans in many groups, it can make one head spin. white anthropologist have us going around in circle because of perceive differences of physical appearences. This can make one head spin.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by No2Atheism(m): 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2009
ababda:

ezeagu: don't worry about it, i just misunderstood you. you are right with all these categorizations of africans in many groups, it can make one head spin. white anthropologist have us going around in circle because of perceive differences of physical appearences. This can make one head spin.

That is what is called Divide and Conquer. . .

1. White people are engaged in mental and physical war with Africans since the recent history.

2. By defining the rules and trying to say who is who, white people are indirectly controlling the published history. that is why you see that they do not like it when Africans try to take control of the writing of their own history, because once africans start doing that, it becomes easy to discover the lies and deceit of the whites. . . .YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED THAT WHITE PEOPLE HAVE CLASSIFIED SOME PART OF NORTH AFRICA AS CAUCASIAN (Imagine a new born baby claiming to be the parent of his parents . . . )

3. That is why I usually do not subscribe to all these caucasian terms used to describe people, cus i know that caucasians always almost have an ulteriior motive.

4. I would advise people to do their research using mostly african sources . . . remember that till a couple of years ago Europeans used to claim that Egyptians were white . . . nowaddays since they realise that the evidence is irrefutable that Egyptians were black, you then find them claiming that the Pyramids were built by Aliens . . . i.e. they are doing everything possible not to do or say anything that would make Africans know and be proud of their history.

5. Restrict yourself to trying to use lineage analysis to determine who came from who . . . that way you would circumvent some devious plans of europeans to suppress history behind funny names.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by morpheus24: 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2009
No2Atheism:

That is what is called Divide and Conquer. . .

1. White people are engaged in mental and physical war with Africans since the recent history.[/b]2. By defining the rules and trying to say who is who, white people are indirectly controlling the published history. that is why you see that they do not like it when Africans try to take control of the writing of their own history, because once africans start doing that, it becomes easy to discover the lies and deceit of the whites. . . [b].YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED THAT WHITE PEOPLE HAVE CLASSIFIED SOME PART OF NORTH AFRICA AS CAUCASIAN (Imagine a new born baby claiming to be the parent of his parents . . . )
3. That is why I usually do not subscribe to all these caucasian terms used to describe people, cus i know that caucasians always almost have an ulteriior motive.

4. I would advise people to do their research using mostly african sources . . . remember that till a couple of years ago Europeans used to claim that Egyptians were white . . . nowaddays since they realise that the evidence is irrefutable that Egyptians were black, you then find them claiming that the Pyramids were built by Aliens . . . i.e. they are doing everything possible not to do or say anything that would make Africans know and be proud of their history.

5. Restrict yourself to trying to use lineage analysis to determine who came from who . . . that way you would circumvent some devious plans of europeans to suppress history behind funny names.

I agree with you entirely on the bolded but try as much as possible not to get too much into White vs Black thing on the grounds of turning into an Afrocentrist.

Data is data and can be infered upon as was done in the past by people who once had exclusivity to the information and analysis. Now that the informationis freely available we have come to realize the errors and are gradually confronting the status quo.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by simmy(m): 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2009
i am not ibo, but i know for a fact that some ibos mixed with Ethiopian Jews. so your teacher was half right after all

1 Like

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by No2Atheism(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2009
This topic is inherently flawed . . .

- How do you know the "Jews" were black.
- What if there is biblical and historical evidence that the jews were not "white"
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by No2Atheism(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2009
simmy:

i am not ibo, but i know for a fact that some ibos mixed with Ethiopian Jews. so your teacher was half right after all

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Kindly provide sources please . . .
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by No2Atheism(m): 8:01am On Nov 27, 2009
morpheus24:

I agree with you entirely on the bolded but try as much as possible not to get too much into White vs Black thing on the grounds of turning into an Afrocentrist.

- I do not consider myself an Afro-centrist. . . I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO SPEAK THE TRUTH AT ALL TIMES EVEN WHEN IT DOES NOT BENEFIT ME nor MY EGO.

- I constantly try to question what i beleive and try to make sure that I understand something and know that its true before accepting and believing it. . .

- Calling some people Afrocentrist is just another Western method of trying to vilify some a few Africans that decided to speak the truth about history. . .

- I do not support the idea of claiming that everything is "black" . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin / Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo / Alaafin Of Oyo Dances With His Oloris On His 51st Coronation Anniversary (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.