Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (48879 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
dearpreye:

Honey? I love that!

Why should barcanista disappear from NL?
Because he is a LOSER!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by adezzy01(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mogidi:
Buhari has already been told his economic policies are only possible in cloud-cuckoo land.

And as the reality of governance stares him in the face so has he changed or modified his stance.
Nigerians have a right to demand he implements the policy on which he won the presidential election.

We need an end to the boko haram insurgency, the Chibok girls home and 24hrs electricity.
Thanks for this & add continuous security , theseare our priorities.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Because he is a LOSER!!!! grin grin grin

He's not; only losers disappear!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by deehusby60: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Including the $1 to =N=1...
Mogidi:
Buhari has already been told his economic policies are only possible in cloud-cuckoo land.

And as the reality of governance stares him in the face so has he changed or modified his stance.
Nigerians have a right to demand he implements the policy on which he won the presidential election.

We need an end to the boko haram insurgency, the Chibok girls home and 24hrs electricity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by M16: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
onatisi:
do u know how much 2trillion is ?so 2 trillion can just enter our monetary system like that and disappear? How much is nigeria annual budget sef? All na wash .

You guy are so naive or plain ignorant of how corruption in Retardeen's cabinet. That money is money outside the system unaccounted for. kick backs, 400,000 bpd stolen crude, direct theft from excess crude account.
Arthur Eze given a contract to refurbished useles airforce helicopters a few weeks to election (it's equivalent to putting a mercedes engine in a peugeot 504. Kola Aluko scammed Deziani of $7 billion, Direct theft from NNPC. Theft in Nimasa.

December last year an aide of Jonathan told my uncle that Nigerians should get used to Jonathan for the next 4 years, cause with the money he has amassed there was no way he would lose the elections

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by kristisking(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nellybii:

He believed and I believe. we have a right to believe as Nigerians so we voted for him. You are insulting your fellow man because he has a different belief. That in itself is being foolish. Unfortunately you guys are the minority.We voted for him and he is our president elect. So be sorry for yourself and I will advice you to relocate to South Africa and face the xeno instead of killing yourself slowly with hate here mtcheeeeeeew
Ode!
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by djkirkoo2(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
How can somebody use 2trn for election? Do you guys even know what N2trn is? As in you just sit down and believe anything. There is NO WAY N2trn will be spent on election. That amount(2trn) is more than Lagos State annual budget, it is more than what some state spend in 4 years(eg Kano State). Please, argue with sense.

Jonathan's SURE-P program does not capture up to 200,000 people in the population. So what is your argument? What is our revenue annually? Anyway, HOW will Buhari achieve it?
Tell the myopic Buhari supporters

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Burger01(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
unless u had no contribution except fishing out ur imaginary enemies and dancing naked in agreement over anything anti-APC.

the worst part being u guys will alwys lose.

Sorry.

I already gave an analysis, counter it with facts and figures.

Mogidi and Barcanista! Stop the senseless kerfuffle and counter SLIDEwaxie analysisangry. I'm more interested in this than your useless rants up and down nairaland. You guys are just pathetic sore losers. Buhari never take up the mantle of leadership una don dey behave like rabbid dogs. Abeg, counter that analysis before you can be taken seriously.angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by kristisking(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nellybii:

He believed and I believe. we have a right to believe as Nigerians so we voted for him. You are insulting your fellow man because he has a different belief. That in itself is being foolish. Unfortunately you guys are the minority.We voted for him and he is our president elect. So be sorry for yourself and I will advice you to relocate to South Africa and face the xeno instead of killing yourself slowly with hate here mtcheeeeeeew
Ode!You don't know you are in Nigeria

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
deehusby60:
Including the $1 to =N=1...
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Intendy: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
we need to put things in proper perspective.
The fact that Jonathan could not achieve anything meaningful in 5 years plus doesn't mean anybody can't succeed except this with miopic reasoning like him.
NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE IN NIGERIA,they will see a better plan and possibly leave some out

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
kristisking:
Ode!You don't know you are in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
Intendy:
we need to put things in proper perspective.
The fact that Jonathan could not achieve anything meaningful in 5 years plus doesn't mean anybody can't succeed except this with miopic reasoning like him.
NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE IN NIGERIA,they will see a better plan and possibly leave some out

We're certainly addressing a different issue from the one you responded to!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
dearpreye:

He's not; only losers disappear!
Lol not in all cases tongue
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Seyitosino(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Good job from the opposition party.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by anonimi: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Metrofox:

We all know the issue of pension has to do with moral rectitude of the Governors involved.. Tinubu was not the only one.. many others including former heads of state.. Senators etc

So you admit Tinubu and your prof are IMMORAL and utterly CORRUPT on this bogus pension matter alone forgetting other FRAUDULENT transactions in APC's 16 years of ruining Lagos state!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by princejenks(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
egift:
The failed PDP and their supporters think they can discredict Buhari's administration before it even begin.

Buhari has 4 years ahead to prove himself. Folks who attacked Buhari and never voted for him, have no right whatsoever to judge him for thing that has never even happened.
i beg to disagree cos the opposition got into power by discrediting the incumbent so they would be served the same medicine by the masses who are in a hurry to see the president elect fulfill promises made during campaigns.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by kristisking(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
money121:

fool and loser like u and ur family??
Oloriburuku. Omo oshi
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol not in all cases tongue

Barcanista will continue to deprive you folks the pleasure of disappearing from Nairaland! He dint disappear when he beautifully crafted articles for you guys while the PDP folks lampooned him.
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by buoye1(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
Get out with your anti progressive right up.......we re not interested!
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by onatisi(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
M16:

You guy are so naive or plain ignorant of how corruption in Retardeen's cabinet. That money is money outside the system unaccounted for. kick backs, 400,000 bpd stolen crude, direct theft from excess crude account.
Arthur Eze given a contract to refurbished useles airforce helicopters a few weeks to election (it's equivalent to putting a mercedes engine in a peugeot 504. Kola Aluko scammed Deziani of $7 billion, Direct theft from NNPC. Theft in Nimasa.

December last year an aide of Jonathan told my uncle that Nigerians should get used to Jonathan for the next 4 years, cause with the money he has amassed there was no way he would lose the elections
ok , I no go argue . Let's keep our fingers crossed and watch how events turn out.
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by aresa: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
MizMyColi:
I just downloaded, read and took a screenshot of all 20 pages of said APC roadmap.

I would be quite callous to expect them to deliver on all those. Those were actually written and graphicalized by good copywriters who had very vivid and idealistic sense of imagination.

I have always praised the PR and Media arm of APC, I hope they come up with some form of abracadabra to turn off to an appreciable level, the level of expectations Nigerians have bestowed on the incoming government.

My heart goes out to Buhari, who might not be able to handle these pressures and when they start pouring in, really I fear for his health.

Why has Osinbajo gone silent?

Why are there more news filtering in on Jonathan's loss and his campaign funds. Could this be a propaganda to quell the masses demand for 5k and free meals with the excuse that Jona finished all our money on elections (which might as well be a lie)?

Why is Buhari so party conscious, this is the same path Jona took (trying to placate everyone) and lost popularity with most of the populace.

The social media painted to me, an image of a man who is ruthless, who takes no prisoners....having read his recent interview, I must say this, I am not impressed, I have to point out though, that he made some statements that showed his selflessness and will to do the Nation good.....I hope his willpower sustains that.

Well, these are mostly random thoughts and I hope things pan out for the better in the near future.
Despite my convictions about the APC, a huge part of me still looks forward to a better Nigeria, a changed Status quo.

So help us God.

MizMyColi:

It's the people at the helm of APC affairs I don't likegrin

I like PDP because of GEJcheesy
I don't trust most PDP politicians eithercheesy

*in Temitemi1's voice*

GEJ my HERO!! True DEMOCRATS My ROLE MODELS!lipsrsealed

Always funny when TanOIDS and GEJ till 2019 people like you try to sound sane when in fact it's still the TaNoid in you still blabbing...

Funny 419 and deceptive jokers..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by money121(m): 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
kristisking:
Oloriburuku. Omo oshi ni daddy mi ati awon family mi
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by mescapee: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
1. Buhari/APC To Pay 25m Unemployed N5000 Per Month
Cost Implication:

The implication here is that the sum of N125billion (ie 25million * N5000) will be spent to service this policy every month, and an estimated N1.5 trillion (ie N125bn * 12 months) will be spent on this policy alone every year.

2. Buhari/APC To Provide Daily Meal for Primary School pupils.
First, the FG has no business with the running of Primary schools. This is the responsibility of States and Local Government. However, Buhari's administration pledged to provide at least one meal per day for Primary school Children, we shall hold him accountable.
Cost Implication:
Osun State reportedly spent N3.2billion in 2014 for the feeding of 300,000 primary 1 to 4 pupils in the state. The Osun state program exclude pupils in Primary 5 and 6. If we are to break it per pupil, we will have N10,667 per pupil(ie 3.2b/300k). Considering that over 35million children are estimated to be enrolled in Primary school across the country, at least the sum of THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREEE BILLION (N373b) is estimated to be spent on the program annually(ie 35m * 10,667).

Gross Annual Estimated Cost For Both Programs
N1.5trn + N373b = N1.873trn

That means Buhari is to increase our Recurrent Expenditure by N1.83trn.

How Feasible Are These Programs?
Let us take a look at the key component of the 2015 Budget(as adjusted by the Senate).
Total Budget Stand at N4.3trn.
Recurrent Expenditure: N2.58 trillion
Capital Expenditure: N700 billion

From where will Buhari See N1.8trn To Service His Social Programs?
- Remove Subsidy? If he's thinking of scrapping fuel subsidy, the adjusted allocation for petrol subsidy in 2015 budget is N100billion. The adjusted allocation for SURE-P is N21b, while the subsidy for kerosene for 2015 was adjusted to N45.5b. This gives a total of N166.5b.
Even if he should scrap SURE-P and remove the petrol and kerosene subsidy, he still won't be able to get 1% of the N1.8trn.

- Spend All Capital Expenditure + Subsidy? Even if Buhari is to spend all our N700b Capital Expenditure on his Social program in addition to the N166.5billion subsidy funds, it still won't be enough as it will fall short of One Trillion Naira.
N700b + N166.5b= N866 billion

- Money Appropriated To NASS? The total budget for the National Assembly for 2015 is N115b. Even if Buhari is to spend this money + subsidy allocation + Capital Expenditure to fund his program, he won't be able to raise the required fund. As all appropriation combined stand at N981billion(ie N700b + N115b + N166b)

So How Does Buhari intend to raise N1.873trillion to fulfil this social welfare pledge? Does this mean the administration has failed even before starting? Dead on arrival?

It is too early to bring to fore the reality of APC's out-of-the-moon promises.

Allow them to take the hot seat first and after 100 days in office, remind them of the futility of most of their promises.
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
dearpreye:

Barcanista will continue to deprive you folks the pleasure of disappearing from Nairaland! He dint disappear when he beautifully crafted articles for you guys while the PDP folks lampooned him.
Yawns...
It is well tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol the Guy is simply a loser! I mean how long will he continue to find faults in everything or decision being made by the FG?
Anyways, how are you doing dearie?
Am fine dear,just back from church grin
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Yawns...
It is well tho.

Honey, it is well. I don't take politics beyond politics!
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Omooba77: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
How can somebody use 2trn for election? Do you guys even know what N2trn is? As in you just sit down and believe anything. There is NO WAY N2trn will be spent on election. That amount(2trn) is more than Lagos State annual budget, it is more than what some state spend in 4 years(eg Kano State). Please, argue with sense.

Jonathan's SURE-P program does not capture up to 200,000 people in the population. So what is your argument? What is our revenue annually? Anyway, HOW will Buhari achieve it?

Nigeria youths are gullible,reason they belief a man that will stabilise the oil price.Now he is saying he is no miracle worker,I stand hands akimbo...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ibk4luv(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
well, I think it is an applaudable program after all it better Dan the aviation minister using the money 2 buy bullet proof cars or even better Dan the amnesty money given 2 those illiterates and lazy militant .... abegi if he spends it that way I think he his spending it on the right course
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by money121(m): 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
kristisking:
Oloriburuku. Omo oshi

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Omooba77:

Nigeria youths are gullible,reason they belief a man that will stabilise the oil price.Now he is saying he is no miracle worker,I stand hands akimbo...
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Chigold101(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

Corruption, Boko Haram and lack of discipline in Civil Service.

If GEJ had been affirmative on the first two, he would have won the election.
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

President Buhari, His Glasses & Smiles In Cute Photo Shortly After Jumaat Prayer / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose / Emmanuel Adelabi Kayode: Femi Fani-Kayode's Great Grandfather (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.