Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (87298 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by CaptainG00D: 12:59am On Jan 02, 2018
Hm
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tonytony208(m): 12:59am On Jan 02, 2018
Thissonofman:

hmm. na one chance. it would have been better the other way round, cause after marriage you must follow him to his church

Who told you it is one chance? Who gave you that orientation? The Holy Spirit, your pastor, or your unreasonable, useless sensual human spirit?

You guys swallow erroneous information about the Catholic Church and you never bother to verify it, but start carrying about wrong unverified information about the Catholic Church. Don't you think that is very stupid? Why not verify everything you hear before carrying about unverified information?

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tete7000(m): 1:16am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Please nlander I need you guys help.
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
I dislike their method of worship and their believe.
I don't know, how i will cope with him cos of his church...
... please mature advice.

It's not by force to marry him, quit if you don't believe in what he believes. It will do both of you good that to start fighting later on. I honestly don't even understand what advice you are seeking. A house divided against itself won't stand.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 02, 2018
Owomkpo:

I knew that's what you will type next. Those ones ft still marry themselves na, no wahala.. But you see Christianity, I don't think they are really following Christ. Christianity is the most divided religion - I keep telling people this
division exists in religion even jesus had to make corrections to d old law
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by oruma19: 1:20am On Jan 02, 2018
Plenty advise on Nairaland..ahahahahaha. Beta carry ur cross. What even makes anyone think his/her denomination is the right one? The current trend in the Christian community should let u know that modern day Pentecostalism is mostly fake. As for catholic nothing concern me. I didn't marry my catholic gf because she was too into it, her mother divorced her father because he refused to marry her in the catholic church. The man had 3 wives and her mother was the second BT wanted a holy matrimony by fire by force. That led to her leaving the marriage and my girl was showing such tendency so I broke up sharp sharp. I no send church but I love my God and worship the best way I can. Real worshippers don't send religion anymore. Serve God, do good, love ur neighbor, read ur bible and pray everyday if u wana grow. Marry for love and serve God in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tonytony208(m): 1:21am On Jan 02, 2018
misreal:
I was in the same shoes with you,my dear.don't let people decieve you into believing that all that is needed is love.belief also matters a lot .I thought so myself until the day she sayed she doesn't like my speaking in tongues.worst of all you are a lady,after marriage u r a gonner.my humble advice is that you break the relationship now,u can't joke with your eternity.don't think you can change him,cos u r not the holy ghost.

So, your useless mind told you that those going to Catholic Church don't have a place in eternity? This spiritual pride and arrogance will destroy you Pentecostals, believe me.

And I'm certain you can't even prove this your absurd idea about the Catholic Church. Most probably you just heard it from somewhere and started broadcasting it around without verifying it.

Who told you Catholics don't speak in tongues? It will surprise you that the Catholics you condemn will enter heaven, while you, who think you are better, will end up in hell fire.

Your comment reminds me of Luke 18:11 - 14. You need to read that place before your pride leads you to everlasting damnation.

4 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tete7000(m): 1:23am On Jan 02, 2018
tonytony208:

Who told you it is one chance? Who gave you that orientation? The Holy Spirit, your pastor, or your unreasonable, useless sensual human spirit?

You guys swallow erroneous information about the Catholic Church and you never bother to verify it, but start carrying about wrong unverified information about the Catholic Church. Don't you think that is very stupid? Why not verify everything you hear before carrying about unverified information?

Learn to ignore ignorant people. The question is 'was the girl unconscious before she started a relationship with a faith she derides? What advice does she wants now after she said she is uncomfortable being a catholic? Is she being forced? Are there no men in her church she can marry? The whole thing nauseates me but I don't blame her but the mumu Catholics who don't cherish their faith but subject it to nonsense ridicule by dating people who don't seem to know their left from right.

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tonytony208(m): 1:28am On Jan 02, 2018
brocab:
A word for bchi:
I am also married to a Catholic-and she gave her life over to Christ, she became a born again Christian-she found her first love in Christ, as it seemed, for a while she was doing all the rights' but deep within she was more focus on the wrongs, she would listen more on the gossips, and involve herself in church with all the busybodies, judging others, that led her back to her own judgement in the Catholic Church.

It's not easy, but if you love somebody, the love in Christ can break down those walls between you both. And with your prayers, God can change anything.
Don't turn against God, turn more over to Him, because you need Him more then ever before.

So, your muddledup mind told you she was gossiping because she is a Catholic? Why is nairaland so full of idiots like this self? So Pentecostals don't gossip, lie or do bad things?!

If I may split your brain open to pour some sense into you, you need to know many of your Pentecostal sisters are constant at hospitals for abortion and all manners of evil.

Learn to use your head correctly, boy. Maybe you are married, but you sound so mentally, spiritually and psychologically immature.

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tete7000(m): 1:29am On Jan 02, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Honestly it's quite sad.

I'm Catholic but I don't have issues with people of other denominations. I even roll with them well to exchange ideas. But it seems most people have a problem with Catholicism, because people hate and fear what they don't understand.

There are fundamental difference between Protestalism, Pentecostalism and Catholicism. If there were no issue, reformation would not have happened and Luther would not have split the Church. For those who takes their faith serious, those issue can become obstacle to the path of marriage. When it comes to issue of personal salvation, people are free to disagree to the extent of their understanding.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tonytony208(m): 1:30am On Jan 02, 2018
brocab:
She has already found the truth in Christ.
It's not easy giving up what she already knows.

So, they told you that those who attend Catholics haven't find the truth in Christ? If you are not careful, this your spiritual blindness and arrogance will earn you a chief place in hell fire

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by obailala(m): 1:31am On Jan 02, 2018
ogechijohn:
The matter of the Holy Spirit is not the case. The issues are:
1. They ask Saints to pray for them
2. They make graven images
3. The Pope has more authority than the Holy scripture I.e the Bible
4. Difference in critical doctrines pertaining to eternal matters

Consider the above, and make a swift decision. Thanks dear
Pope has more authority than the bible?... Where do people get these bizarre assumptions from?... I suppose this is the same way general overseers have attained more authority than God himself in the lives of many pentecostals and the way the words and imaginations of GO's have replaced the need for scriptures?

6 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by TheUbermensch: 1:42am On Jan 02, 2018
tete7000:

There are fundamental difference between Protestalism, Pentecostalism and Catholicism. If there were no issue, reformation would not have happened and Luther would not have split the Church. For those who takes their faith serious, those issue can become obstacle to the path of marriage. When it comes to issue of personal salvation, people are free to disagree to the extent of their understanding.

You obviously don't know why Luther called for the Reformation. Try reading his 95 Theses. The things Luther wanted the church to do, and what Protestant churches are doing these days are so so opposite. In fact there's so much similarity between Catholic churches and Lutheran than between Lutheran and Protestants.

We're making it seem as if Christianity is not one religion. The Catholics have no problem with anyone. It's these Protestants who have a major rift which for some reason they can't come to term with the Catholic church.

I don't see any reason, other than objection from parents, why Catholics and Protestants can't get married. It's things like this that cause a divide in Christianity. Then we wonder why Muslims and Atheists don't take us serious.

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by braine(m): 1:56am On Jan 02, 2018
2015 post. Please tell us if you married him, OP.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by missyblissy: 2:04am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.

Op what is important to you? Church or your happiness? We all serve same God be it catholic or protestant. I am a born Catholic married to a non Catholic and I had same problem before I got married. You have to love everything about your husband and u don't get to choose else your marriage ended the day you say I do. Nobody is perfect but if the problem is religion Nne, u need to think hard and come to terms with the fact that he's going to be your husband and the Bible says that wives be submissive to your husband. We all worship same God be it Catholic OR Protestant.

Attending different church as a couple brings about disunity in the home. And. It will. Lead to other things before you. Know it you are divorced.

Tell him how you feel about his church and any other unresolved issues such as finance etc.

We are running a personal salvation race and it's not about church you attend its about Jesus Christ.

All churches have their doctrines and what they believe in but in the end its not about the doctrines, it's about Jesus Christ and how. He saved us all by dieing for us so. That we. Will be saved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tomdon(m): 2:06am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!

Why are you focused on denomination like this.
I wonder what they give you in your present church that is so important in your sight.
My friend focus on Christ

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:13am On Jan 02, 2018
for me to wake up now and post this advice should tell you how serious it is for me on this subject matter...first why is it that you Pentecostal churches have so much disdain about catholiceven to the extent of believing we don't worship in the spirit? have you not seen Catholics who God answers their prayers or who are even doing better then thier fellow Christian Pentecostal brothers.....it's just tell how we are in this part of the world and here in nigeria the issue dey somehow.....
you knew this man was a Catholic when he came, you pple dated till now when marriage came knocking, did you not knew about all this, if you pretend not to know, then ur dating and courtship was in vain...you talk about your Pentecostal church belief, parents, church brothers and sisters, what they will say. ..my dear, enough brothers where in that your church seeing you come for church programme and activities, non ask you out or came for marriage....they were there, an outsider, a Catholic came calling and you are here saying you are confused....except you don't know what you want....and I find it hard to believe that until now you are still thinking about his church....
ok leave him and wait for your church brothers to come and marry you....look my dear, you are in already. ..try to learn the simple doctrine of the Catholic church and stop beating around the Bush...if you still talk to him and he changes his mind better but if not, my advice is go on with your marriage, dats your own faith....come to think of it am a catholic and my fiancee is a Redeemed member. ...I will wed her in the church and also agree to allow her continue gojng to her church...i even attend their services at times and agree to wed her there. .maybe one day I will change her or she change me....did I get confused? attimes this thing called religion eats us up
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Brightosman: 2:21am On Jan 02, 2018
My dear am sorry you have been listening to hear say, attend catholic mass as well as other activities in the Catholic Church, you will be glad you did, your man is even a charismatic member meaning he’s even more Pentecostal than you are, and you still think catholics don’t believe in the Holy Spirit? The first prayer you know a Catholic with (sign of the cross) what do you think they say when they do that sign? We have different societies in the Catholic Church you can join according to what matches your believes, desires and spirituality. If you truely love the guy like you claim, make a move in emptiness not going with all you’ve heard, we have a lot of women like you who has later become chair ladies of catholic women organization. Because the Catholic I know and attend has everything you want to build your spiritual life, just choose and don’t be a Sunday Sunday medicine when you eventually join.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by ikorodureporta: 2:31am On Jan 02, 2018
All these fake pastors don useless catholic church finish. Who knew this then that they were jst tryn to increase their tithe givers. If u belong to winners, or Redeem, or whicheva is yr number-one, i can boldly say that the CATHOLIC CHURCH IS FAR AHEAD OF YOU!

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 02, 2018
You knew from the beginning that your man is a Catholic yet you fell for love. Don't miss the man who loves because of doctrine. Don't ever think of denomination as a criteria to marriage because you might make a great mistake. First seek the face of God diligently. Let the lord give insight on the person you are marrying whether he approves it because Yahweh sees the heart. At this stage throw away denomination because there is no church in heaven. Secondly thrash this issue with your husband to be. Thirdly Show love all the time to your husband. 1 Peter 3:1-5 will be of help to you throughout your marriage Use it now and after.
Make sure your character is good enough to convince him of anything you seek from him. Don't be the nagging type, be patient with him. What most men hate is nagging wife. Respect him because with this you can woo him over to anything you desire.
The above criteria can be applied if one day he decides to change his mind about allowing you to continue in Pentecostalism.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by joechingo: 2:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Hosea 4:6 my people perish because of lack of wisdom. Please get wisdom and be informed and stop making the Catholic Church look like a different religion entirely, the church believe in Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues than any church u belong to, once faith is a personal relationship with God and not based on eye service, reason for getting married is not 100% spiritual, u must be compactable in many ways. Many marriages today are in ruin because religion was used as a basis or because a pastor said woman this man is ur husband. Ask ur self basic questions on your relationship and if ur honest answer is yes, go ahead and the good Lord will bless ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 02, 2018
How can peeps pay you attention. Are you male or female?
GGirll:

Happened to me too he coerced me that he would join me to my Pentecostal church cos of my ministry only to start persuading me with riddles of love covers all n all to coerce me to wed n attend Catholic I just dumped him for good cos I can't thread my soul with anything less of Jesus Christ.can't afford to be in Hell fire for eternity after this world no way nobody by God's grace can coerce me to date Catholic or any of its kind again.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by whitering: 3:21am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!
My dear thank God he gave a charismatic member as a husband to be. They are groups within the Catholic church that emphasize more on the powers of the holy spirit.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by KingMicky3286: 3:24am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

You have not even married and you are trying to get a divorce certificate before marriage. Please read this , it will help you more to your question https://jesuscaller..com/2017/12/i-know-who-you-are-by-pastor-usulo-i.html
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Juliette05(f): 3:31am On Jan 02, 2018
missyblissy:

Op what is important to you? Church or your happiness? We all serve same God be it catholic or protestant. I am a born Catholic married to a non Catholic and I had same problem before I got married. You have to love everything about your husband and u don't get to choose else your marriage ended the day you say I do.

Attending different church as a couple brings about disunity in the home. And. It will. Lead to other things before you. Know it you are divorced.

Tell him how you feel about his church and any other unresolved issues such as finance etc.

We are running a personal salvation race and it's not about church you attend its about Jesus Christ.

All churches have their doctrines and what they believe in but in the end its not about the doctrines, it's about Jesus Christ and how. He saved us all by dieing for us so. That we. Will be saved.
[quote auton pointhor=bchi post=32892328]Please nlander I need you guys help.
... please mature advice.[/quote] cool
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by whitering: 3:55am On Jan 02, 2018
whitering:

My dear thank God he gave you a charismatic member as a husband to be. They are one of the groups within the Catholic church that emphasize more on the powers of the holy spirit. Holy spirit was the foundation of Catholic. For you are the rock........ Such was not revealed to you by flesh but by the holy spirit e

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by kabarka(m): 4:05am On Jan 02, 2018
Syncan:

A practicing Catholic! You're even complaining of a charismatic, Chai...those who have good backside don't know how to sit; says the dog. You just hit Gold and you're here blabbing. It's hard to drop what you've been fed with, but it's time to find out truth yourself. Visit here:https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics#18554555, If you have objection lay it out there, if you have question ask, and you'll be clarified, so you can make a wise and informed decision.
Real Gold and she doesn't know.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by kabarka(m): 4:24am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
When you marry him.start with life in the spirit seminar.You will see wonders.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by treach(m): 4:32am On Jan 02, 2018
Who ever sent dis post is looking for traffic.
When did Catholic church become a babalawo?

May God save u he doesn't see dis Ur post...

Marriage akwa gi

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by kolawoleibukun: 4:36am On Jan 02, 2018
I no no why Pentecostals day feel like say na dem be better Christians pass? who day brainswash una?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by onyinyenwadigbo(f): 4:48am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

Why not discuss with him and tell him what you just said now. If it doesn't work, you move on and he does same. Don't go into marriage with deceit. That is how problems are created from start. It is not a must that you must marry him. Just tell him exactly what you told us, if it's okay with him, fine, if not okay, you must then choose either to become a catholic or forget the marriage. I repeat do not go into marriage with ulterior motives.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by sandrahnaub(f): 4:49am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

Madam we believe in the gift of the Holy Spirit too...
As a matter of fact this is 1 of the things I was being thought in cathechism class
So if that your point, madam you have no point

Kukuma break d relationship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Tiffany Trump And Michael Boulos Visit Pastor Paul Adefarasin In Lagos / How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / The Life And Times Of 'Jesu Oyingbo' (Jesus Of Oyingbo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.