Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Victims Of Rape! A Must Read - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Victims Of Rape! A Must Read (1008 Views)

Can A Woman Rape A Man? / Two Girls Attempting To Rape A Guy (pics, Video) / Ugly Moment When A Horse Attempts To Rape A Police Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
Good evening everyone, I choose to write this very concise article (for easy read) and to beg your opinion,especially ladies....
I want to bring to the fore of public consciousness the issue of rape, I really fail to understand or comprehend why females who happen to be victims of rape tend to conceal it and die within, with self rejection and depression, I for one believe and strongly feel victims of Rape cases, are the victims and the charlatans who are involved should rather be the ones to go into hiding and feel sorry for their disgraceful act. I feel pained and betrayed when I see the female folks on that pathway of travesty to justice indirectly abating and powering rapist to continue in their gruesome acts.....

Please I'll want to use this rare opportunity to call on all Nigerian ladies ,please if you fall victim ,channel your case to the appropriate quarter timely for urgent help, medically timely reporting helps (as after 72hrs, most preventive drugs(both retroviral and pregnancy, becomes inactive)) Also legally .... The issue of stigma is almost non existent as the public is now better informed and universally aware .... The time to act is now....

Thank you

CC : all NL females,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by imbless: 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
'''
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Lovely piece. I think there's a need to enact laws and procedures for reporting rape cases. A special unit 9f the police should be saddled with handling it when it arises.
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by lanicky(f): 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
It's not has easy as u think....I av a warri friend who was a victim of rape, it caused lotta damage to her mentally....when we advised her to move on (she agreed but decided to hurt people around her especially guys)

Till now the memory still linger in her brain or lemme say heart.

Rapists are cowards nd I would like the government to deal with them without pity.

Btw....Kudos OP smiley
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by Briee(f): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
lanicky:
It's not has easy as u think....I av a warri friend who was a victim of rape, it caused lotta damage to her mentally....when we advised her to move on (she agreed but decided to hurt people around her especially guys)
Rapists are cowards nd I would like the government to deal with them without pity.
Btw....Kudos OP smiley

So true, I can't open up here, its the worst thing that can happen to any lady. I thank God I'm ok now .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by lanicky(f): 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Briee:

So true, I can't open up here, its the worst thing that can happen to any lady. I thank God I'm ok now .

Hmmm! It's well. smiley
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by Briee(f): 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
lanicky:

Hmmm! It's well. smiley

Thanks dear, I saw him about 2 years ago, all I could wish him is evil. I cried my eyes out, was very young and too afraid to tell anyone. Sadly he's related to me.
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by lanicky(f): 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
Briee:

Thanks dear, I saw him about 2 years ago, all I could wish him is evil. I cried my eyes out, was very young and too afraid to tell anyone. Sadly he's related to me.

Aww My God!!......the stewpid bastard.
Sorry dear.

I was almost raped by a family friend when I was 9yrs.....I was living with my aunt then, no one was @ home so he increased the volume of the TV then he told me to come nd sit on his lap....I ran out of the house without looking back.
Dunno what came over me I blvd twas God who saved me.

While I was growing....I refused to av anything to do with the opposite sex, nd when I decided to give one a chance .....he fvcked up! Since then, I do not take guys serious again.

My dear, no matter what happened in the past, we need to try to forget nd move on, although it's not very easy.....but we still need to move on so as to be happy. (All guys aint thesame) smiley
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by Briee(f): 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
lanicky:

Aww My God!!......the stewpid bastard.
Sorry dear.

I was almost raped by a family friend when I was 9yrs.....I was living with my aunt then, no one was @ home so he increased the volume of the TV then he told me to come nd sit on his lap....I ran out of the house without looking back.
Dunno what came over me I blvd twas God who saved me.

While I was growing....I refused to av anything to do with the opposite sex, nd when I decided to give one a chance .....he fvcked up! Since then, I do not take guys serious again.

My dear, no matter what happened in the past, we need to try to forget nd move on, although it's not very easy.....but we still need to move on so as to be happy. (All guys aint thesame) smiley

You are lucky, nothing moves me about sex, I may joke about it but I don't fancy it that much cos of my past
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by healthcons: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thanks
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 20, 2015
lanicky:

Btw....Kudos OP smiley
yes. My dear; u correct, but believe me, if she had oppened up to the appropriate quaters, and those charlatan served justice hot; don't u think she would have felt better? N wouldn't have had reasons to course her current path. When emotions and guilt are bottled up within; it doesn't help in anyway, it only makes u feel more depressed and hot. I know its not easy; but until these rapist know; their victims will not protect them and/or hide dem from the long arms of the law; they shall comitue in their infamy...their is real need for early appropriate n guarded disclosure...
Briee:

sorry dear; I know how it feels, was actually moved to write this piece cus of cases I see; I'm a govt. health worker, and encounter many cases brought by police, my latest was a 14year old defiled by her guardian (who brought her from the village as a domestic help) when his wife was away! Fortunately the girl was bravve enough to call her parents home and disclosed what happpened, the man is in custod as I write, n will soon be charged too court. Another incident l saw lately; a girl whose neigbour n another, went to her house to rape her, she fought as much as she could, but theyy succeeded; she kept it to her self, and was dying within; until she finally disclosed (about a week later) her uncle got wind of it; those idiots re currently in detention. Buh alas that lady couldn't get preventive medications. after taking my time to talk to her, she felt better. All in all, their is really need for timely disclosure , bottling up dejections does more harm...
Still to add; I'll wanna know; from the female perspective why most will conceal cases like this; please!! (Cus I know the public is better informed now)
Re: Victims Of Rape! A Must Read by Exponental(m): 6:39am On Apr 20, 2015
d society u are determines many things abt u.
d world of stigmatization. here in nigeria, sex issues seem to be a taboo. u hardly hear people talk abt it....... u talk sex, u are seen to be a pervert.
but if u pray for people that.... may God remove sex from ur life, no one will say amen.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Older Men Looking At Women Half Their Age? / 11 Types Of Ladies that are Single / Man Caught & Photographed Having A S*x With A Goat In Ogun State (photos) 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.