Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:26 AM

Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead (38051 Views)

Senator Uche Ekwunife Decamps To APC / Uche Chukwumerije Buried In Abia [photo] / Senator Chukwumerije is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
Rest in peace Okosisi Isuochi.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by angelgabriel(m): 11:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
Rest in peace my Senator
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
UnknownT:
Isi kara aka! Hail Okoko Ndem and your other Radio Biafra comrades for me when you see him

grin cheesy
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by UnknownT: 11:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:

grin cheesy
Is everything alright sire?
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by gobizzy101: 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
IYANGBALI:
his name is not Adieu Chukwumerije,his name is Uche
Chukwumerije
hahahahahahaha u don mad finish
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by sunkoye: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Why should I celebrate a renown Nigeria enemy. May the blood of those that died through his actions and inactions scream justice on his soul. Amen.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by sunsewa: 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
So sad losing him at this time,the unbiased mouthpiece of Igbo,now that we needed him most, to play the role he knows best how to play Opposition, Nigerians has really lost one of their best at the point of need,Adieu the great speaker,adieu the die hard Biafra propagandist, adieu the Joseph of the Biafra Jews,The elephant has fallen.Goodnight.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by yuio33: 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by aniyphil: 11:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Chukwumerije

grin grin grin . . .that's a joke right?
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by absoluteSuccess: 11:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
Greet MKO, we all will die in spite of all we corner to ourselves at the expense of others. #Association4betta9ja
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by MAYOWAAK: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
HISTORY 101
DID YOU KNOW THAT LATE UCHE CHUKWUMERIJIE WAS OFFERED ADMISSION INTO THE NIGERIAN ARMY BUT REJECTED IT ?
*********************************************************************************************
I was enlisted into the Nigerian Army on November 1, 1961…………..In this instance, only two of us came from the outside (university graduates as against others who were cadets and already been in the Nigerian Military Training College),namely, Uche Chukwumerije and myself. It was actually this selection board meeting that brought us together for the first time, but we took to each other at once, as if we had grown up together…………There was an officer who was quick to get in touch with us and introduced us to other officers. That officer was Lieutenant Emmanuel Ifeajuna.It was my first time of meeting him.He graduated in Science at the University of Ibadan, joined the Army in 1960, and was commissioned the same year.

Uche also graduated in Economics at the University of Ibadan and both of them had earlier met at that premier institution.Ifeajuna received Uche and me particularly well. We discussed the political turn of events in Nigeria and unanimously came to the conclusion that the military was likely to be the only situation. We later spoke to other officers including Captain Okwechime, who encouraged us to come into the Army.

Later on, when I was alone with Uche, he expressed some misgivings about Ifeajuna being already in the Army. He explained that, during a planned agitation in their days together at the University of Ibadan,Ifeajuna deserted their group in the moment of action. He was, therefore apprehensive that he (Ifeajuna) might do the same thing again, in the event of a planned military action. “But he is already in the Army,” I replied. “And if such a behavior should show again, it would have to be taken care of,” I concluded. Uche seemed to have agreed with me with some reservations. He kept quiet.

Both of us were accepted by the Board, but Uche did not turn up for enlistment into the Army. His place remained vacant both on the plane from Kano to London, and at the Mons Officer Cadet School, where we were to be trained for six months. Some months later, I met Uche on the streets of Lagos. “Why didn’t you turn up?” I asked.Uche explained to me that he told a British professor at the University of Ibadan that he was going to join the Army for revolutionary reasons, but the professor warned him that the Army was the most conservative and least revolutionary of national institutions. This meant that Uche would be better advised to find a much more revolutionary movement outside the Army. And that did it for Uche.

Excerpts from: WHY WE STRUCK:THE STORY OF THE FIRST NIGERIAN COUP
BY:ADEWALE ADEMOYEGA

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
UnknownT:
Is everything alright sire?

Yea! You know the senator's exploit wella.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:

Adieu means "goodbye"
RIP Uncle Chukwumerije!
liar. Adieu is a name of a person,stop lying
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Decryptor(m): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
tunwumi:
Nairaland children does not know this guy. The satanMERIJE himself during Abacha's day

[size=18pt]Please the owner of this dog should come and put it back in chains.

Is he the cause of the swelling disease that is slaying your fellow yorubastards in Osun state? Ode!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Chinatownm(m): 11:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
How come buhari's administration is starting wit death toll. anyi odikwa safe
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Menace2Society(m): 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Decryptor:

[size=18pt]Please the owner of this dog should come and put it back in chains.

Is he the cause of the swelling disease that is slaying your fellow yorubastards in Osun state? Ode!![/size]
It's Ondo state mumu undecided

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Caracta(f): 11:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Chukwumerije...gallant and outspoken soldier. He was a notable political figure. He was a senator for years. Who doesn't know Merije?

Rest well.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Chukwumerije
Lol, So u don't know when and how adieu is used.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by enkay0525: 11:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Please,don't speak Ill of the dead.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
ogorkojo:

Lol, So u don't know when and how adieu is used.
adieu is a name of a person or place
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
IYANGBALI:
liar. Adieu is a name of a person,stop lying

You humour sense na die...... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
enkay0525:
Please,don't speak Ill of the dead.
what the fok will happen if we do?you have been brainwashed
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by hardbody: 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
folabayo1:
May his gentle soul find peace in the bossom of the lord..
He lived a great life indeed
My condolence to his families..

I cannot relate with the great life. I come from his senatorial zone specifically Arochukwu. Our roads have remained the same more than three score years since i was born and he spent eight of those as a senator repping us. Lets just allow him to walk the ways of his forefathers and forget any imagined great life lest we say negative things about the dead.

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Decryptor(m): 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Menace2Society:
It's Ondo state mumu undecided

Does it matter? All yaribas are the same no matter the state. They all have noses so wide that you can pack Range Rover Sport in it just like you too. Monkey!

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
NwaNimo1:
8th to comment . .
hu ask u?
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by finestiyke(m): 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Korrection:
T.B Joshua predicted it...can anyone remember here when he said a notable politician will die after the election....im not religious please dont bash me...just making a reminder...R.I.P Chukwumerije...

Notable politicians die all the time, saying a notable politician weill die aftere the elections is like saying some notable politicians will port to the winning party after elections

1 Like

Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
Decryptor:

Does it matter? All yaribas are the same no matter the state. They all have noses so wide that you can pack Range Rover Sport in it just like you too. Monkey!
haba y na?
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:

You humour sense na die...... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
what is humour sense?umoh too is a name in calabar and akwa ibom
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by hardbody: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
sunkoye:
Why should I celebrate a renown Nigeria enemy. May the blood of those that died through his actions and inactions scream justice on his soul. Amen.

If i say that the same fate should visit your generations past present and future they will say i am cursing you and they will ban me. But Amen.
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by Menace2Society(m): 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Decryptor:

Illiterate!chai i'm laughing at you grin
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by todayguest(m): 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Where will you spend eternity? This question comes to you and me. Goodnight! Goodnight!! Goodnight!!!
Re: Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead by folabayo1(f): 11:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
hardbody:

I cannot relate with the great life. I come from his senatorial zone specifically Arochukwu. Our roads have remained the same more than three score years since i was born and he spent eight of those as a senator repping us. Lets just allow him to walk the ways of his forefathers and forget any imagined great life lest we say negative things about the dead.
it is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Moshood Oshun Walks Out On Obasa, Lagos Speaker / Nigerians Accuse Peter Obi Of Lying About Naira Exchange Rate / Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.