Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

REJOINDER: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REJOINDER: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2091 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: REJOINDER: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Change2015(m): 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
laposta:
I thought APC manifesto said they were going the pay the N5,000 to 25 million Nigerians MONTHLY? While the program can be phased, it still remains a recurring expenditure and as such it will increase every year till the 25 million Nigerians are reached.

I think APC's social programs are dead water. If they're able to plug all the leaks in government revenue sources, it will be folly to then expend it all on social welfare. What will happen to the mammoth infrastructure upgrade they promised us?

cc: ChinemeOkpan
barcanista
Obiagelli

I have clearly heard the VP elect, say that the social security program will be phased in gradually. And with the one meal for school kids both will act as a stimulus for the economy with a resultant increase in government revenues. There will also be a result in better health, less malnutrition etc.
It is amazing to see how negative people can be about a program directly targeted at the poor citizen, the vast majority of Nigerians to be sure. Buhari does not represent the northern elite and is quite aware that it is the poor unemployed masses that have given him this historic victory. These programs are a step in the right direction and will have a positive impact for a greater number of citizens than anything the previous government ever achieved.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#oneNigeria
Re: REJOINDER: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by laposta: 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2015
Change2015:

I have clearly heard the VP elect, say that the social security program will be phased in gradually. And with the one meal for school kids both will act as a stimulus for the economy with a resultant increase in government revenues. There will also be a result in better health, less malnutrition etc.
It is amazing to see how negative people can be about a program directly targeted at the poor citizen, the vast majority of Nigerians to be sure. Buhari does not represent the northern elite and is quite aware that it is the poor unemployed masses that have given him this historic victory. These programs are a step in the right direction and will have a positive impact for a greater number of citizens than anything the previous government ever achieved.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#oneNigeria

It will be pertinent to take a look at APC roadmap and see what they wrote by themselves. I did not write it. THEY DID

Page 4 reads in part, "Direct conditional monthly cash transfers of NGN5,000 to the 25 million poorest and most vulnerable citizens upon demonstration of children’s enrolment in school and immunization, to help promote job empowerment". this statement did not appear just once in the road map. It appears again on page 14 word for word, so I will assume it was not a typographical error.

I understand the word phasing very well and if I juxtapose what the VP elect said and what was written in the manifesto. It means that they will start the payment from say 5 million Nigerians. At this point, the scheme will cost the FG N25 billion MONTHLY (emphasis on the word monthly). If in the second year, they ramp up to 10 million Nigerians, the scheme will cost FG N50 billion MONTHLY. By the time they get to 25 million Nigerians, the scheme will cost the FG N125 billion Monthly.

There is no where in the document or in the VP-elect's discuss on Channels to show that the N5,000 will only be given to the individual once.
Re: REJOINDER: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by estacyresource: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
S’Africa attacks: Nigerians lose N21m, says envoy
Nigerian Consul-General in South Africa, Amb. Uche Ajulu-Okeke, said on Sunday that Nigerians lost more than N21m Rand (1.2m) in the on-going xenophobic attacks in South Africa.....

http://allaboutnews-update..com/2015/04/safrica-attacks-nigerians-lose-n21m.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics/video Police Officers And 2 Wealthy Men Beat Up Poor Nigerian Taxi Driver / Ten Things Of More Importance {to Us Nigerians} Than Jp Morgan Few Billions / Tribalism On Nairaland ... Hilarious Screen Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.