Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,145 members, 7,780,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:22 AM

Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general (614 Views)

China Plans Visa Office In Anambra As Chinese Deputy Consul-General Visit Obiano / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) / Xenophobia attacks! Nigerians Lost N21m To Burnt Cars Looted And Burnt Shops. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by mrofficial(m): 1:11am On Apr 20, 2015

The Nigerian Consul-General in South Africa, Uche Ajulu-Okeke, said on Sunday that Nigerians lost more than 1.2 million Rand (N21 million) in the on-going xenophobic attacks. She told the News Agency of Nigeria by phone from Johannesburg, South Africa, that the loss included looted shops, burnt shops, two burnt mechanic workshops, 11 burnt cars and two stolen cars, among others.

“Nigerians have compiled damage to their property and it is totalling about 1.2 million Rand or N21 million, which will be sent to the Federal Government for further action,” she said. She said that in Durban, two of the three Nigerians who were wounded during attacks had been treated and discharged from the hospital. The consul-general said that she would go back to Durban to assess the situation on ground and meet with the provincial authority on security of Nigerians in that Province. “The Nigerian mission in South Africa is on top of the situation.

We are working hard to protect Nigerians in South Africa. “Though, the task has not been easy, we are trying our best. In one of the hot spots at Jeppe, near Johannesburg, the mission assisted about 50 stranded Nigerians to re-settle.

“I have also visited the site of the attacks in Johannesburg to assess the damage and it was enormous,’’ she said. She said the Nigerian mission would meet with all Nigerian Union chapters in the nine provinces of South Africa to find strategies on how to check the attacks.

“I am bringing all Nigerians together so that we work out a vigilance and alert mechanism; they will also tell me what their challenges and issues are,’’ she said. Mrs. Ajulu-Okeke said the mission and the Nigerian Union had been working cordially to meet the challenges caused by the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.

Source: http://www.today.ng/news/nigerians-have-lost-n21m-in-ongoing-xenophobic-attacks-in-south-africa-consul-general/
Re: Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by PerfectFortune: 1:12am On Apr 20, 2015
Pathetic

Height of it is that a lot of South Africans don't see anything wrong in the crazy ish; to them they (killers) are helping in creating enough space for jobs and other business opportunities.

Multi-Choice is here (Nigeria) breaking our laws and defying court orders while hoodlums (SA touts) are also there (in SA) killing our people and destroying their properties.

It's simply crazy....
Re: Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by jamex93(m): 1:15am On Apr 20, 2015
OK

we dey watch
Re: Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 20, 2015
Nice. This is the most important thing said so far.

“I am bringing all Nigerians together so that we work out a vigilance and alert mechanism; they will also tell me what their challenges and issues are,’’ she said. Mrs. Ajulu-Okeke said
Re: Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 20, 2015
I hope these attacks on Nigerians would not be treated with lukewarm attitude, decisive action should be taken fast.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by missdebs(f): 1:37am On Apr 20, 2015
imas:
I hope these attacks on Nigerians would not be treated with lukewarm attitude, decisive action should be taken fast.
it is already been treated lukewarmly by our 'peaceful' president....cant wait for the general to take over
Re: Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by Medley(m): 1:43am On Apr 20, 2015
let the Nigerians in south-africa be moved to Nigeria immediately. Thats my fear? Should the government start the evacuation of Nigerians from SA,of which most of them still prefer to remain there-that's where they have their investment.Which Job do we have for them?

Most Nigerians resident here have only showed their anger & disgust on social media,but the Nigerians evacuated from monday,may show their own anger by violent means burning and stealing from SA companies in Nigeria,eye for an eye,since that what was they faced,once they don't see what to eat or work to do,after a week of being evacuated to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Have Lost N21m In Ongoing Xenophobic Attacks In SA – Consul-general by jaysniggs: 1:50am On Apr 20, 2015
I think we Nigerians are being too civilised for our own sakes.
A little madness will send shivers down their spines from here.
Let us shut Mtn down or shorprite without violence and let their leaders call them to order after all they are allowing this babaric act to continue.
Our leaders are just dumb and lack the needed diplomacy in the kind of dispensation!
South African businesses make about 500 billion Rands from Nigeria yearly.
This country just dey vex me angry

(1) (Reply)

Off-loading The Presidential Fleet / Kashamu Sues NDLEA, 11 Others For Trying To Extradite Him To The US / A New Powerful Earthquake Hits Nepal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.