Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Was Hitler A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Hitler A Christian? (15108 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:46am On Apr 20, 2015
Skeptics and people from the other religion find it convenient to allege that Adolf Hitler was a Christian. The fact that Hitler mentioned Jesus or quoted from the Scriptures does not make him a Christian just as a Muslim referring to Jesus does not make him a Christian. It can be proved that Hitler was an atheist or at best an occultist.

Below is an article by James Patrick Holding elucidating the reality of Hitler's belief system and how it can be classified as a pseudo-Christian heretical belief.

Read full article here: http://www.equip.org/article/was-hitler-a-christian/…#‎Apologetics‬
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by CountDracula(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2015
Trust me, hitler had no religion
He hated jews, jews hated Jesus, my enemy's enemy is my friend... But he was no christian
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 20, 2015
The religious views of Adolf Hitler are a
matter of interest and debate. Hitler was
raised by an increasingly anti-clerical father
and devout Catholic mother. Baptized as
an infant and confirmed at the age of fifteen,
he ceased attending Mass and participating in
the sacraments in later life. In
adulthood Hitler became disdainful of
Christianity, but in the pursuit and
maintenance of power was prepared to delay
clashes with the churches out of political
considerations. Hitler's architect Albert
Speer believed he had "no real attachment"
to Catholicism, but that he had never
formally left the Church. Unlike his comrade
Joseph Goebbels , Hitler was not
excommunicated prior to his suicide .
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2015
Hitler launched vituperative assaults on Jews and Christians alike.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by johnydon22(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2015
uuuh..

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by johnydon22(m): 9:15am On Apr 20, 2015
goofyone:
Hitler launched vituperative assaults on Jews and Christians alike.

Eeeehm oga hitler's assaults were on the jews not christians... He was under the impression that germany was betrayed by the jews during W.W.1..... he fought in w.w.1

2 Likes

Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 20, 2015
hitler was more of an atheist than Christian..
How persuasive are these claims? My New
York Times bestseller What's So Great
About Christianity has the full story and the
requisite citations but here's the
condensed version. Hitler was born Catholic
just as Stalin was born into the Russian
Orthodox Church and Mao was raised as a
Buddhist. These facts prove nothing as
many people reject their religious
upbringing, as these three men did. From
an early age, historian Allan Bullock writes,
Hitler "had no time at all for Catholic
teaching, regarding it as a religion fit only
for slaves and detesting its ethics."
How then do we account for Hitler's claim
that in carrying out his anti-Semitic
program he was an instrument of divine
providence? During his ascent to power,
Hitler needed the support of the German
people — both the Bavarian Catholics and
the Prussian Lutherans — and to secure
this he occasionally used rhetoric such as "I
am doing the Lord's work." To claim that
this rhetoric makes Hitler a Christian is to
confuse political opportunism with personal
conviction. Hitler himself says in Mein
Kampf that his public statements should
be understood as propaganda that bears
no relation to the truth but is designed to
sway the masses.
The Nazi idea of an Aryan Christ who uses
the sword to cleanse the earth of the Jews
— what historians call "Aryan Christianity"
— was obviously a radical departure from
the traditional Christian understanding and
was condemned as such by Pope Pius XI at
the time. Moreover, Hitler's anti-Semitism
was not religious, it was racial. Jews were
targeted not because of their religion —
indeed many German Jews were
completely secular in their way of life —
but because of their racial identity. This
was an ethnic and not a religious
designation. Hitler's anti-Semitism was
secular.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by johnydon22(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2015

Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by udatso: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2015
Olaadegbu...... Longest time. How are you doing?
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Eeeehm oga hitler's assaults were on the jews not christians... He was under the impression that germany was betrayed by the jews during W.W.1..... he fought in w.w.1
I was of course limiting vituperative assaults to just verbal assaults. Hitler could care less about the catholic church in then Germany.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Apr 21, 2015
udatso:

Olaadegbu...... Longest time. How are you doing?

I'm blessed and highly favoured. Good to see that you're keeping the fire burning. smiley
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by udatso: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I'm blessed and highly favoured. Good to see that you're keeping the fire burning. smiley
That's good to hear. After meeting Ifeann, I was greatful to have met someone like you.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by davien(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2015
CountDracula:
Trust me, hitler had no religion
He hated jews, jews hated Jesus, my enemy's enemy is my friend... But he was no christian
Jews don't hate "jesus"....It's not just an accepted mythos in Judaism.... Rainess back me up here..
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by CountDracula(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
davien:
Jews don't hate "jesus"....It's not just an accepted mythos in Judaism.... Rainess back me up here..
U understand my point
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
davien:

We definitely don't hate Jesus.

And Hitler was a Christian. But I don't judge an entire religion based on the actions of one lunatic
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
johnydon22:

hitler started with the jews but as he continued he managed to lay hand on any who opposed him Christians included, his persecution camps have the names of a some catholic priests and other ministers, a some of whom dies with the jews.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by udatso: 8:07am On Apr 22, 2015
Ubenedictus:
hitler started with the jews but as he continued he managed to lay hand on any who opposed him Christians included, his persecution camps have the names of a some catholic priests and other ministers, a some of whom dies with the jews.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50am On Apr 22, 2015
udatso:

That's good to hear. After meeting Ifeann, I was greatful to have met someone like you.

Can you explain precisely what makes you greatful to have 'met' someone like me?
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by udatso: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Can you explain precisely what makes you greatful to have 'met' someone like me?
You do not recycle topics that have been dealt with. You know when to call it quit.

1 Like

Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by McSterling(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ubenedictus:
Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Corrie Ten Boom come to mind. I read sometime ago that Hitler also used the antisemitic writings of the reformer Martin Luther to justify his pogrom.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
udatso:

You do not recycle topics that have been dealt with. You know when to call it quit.

Kindly give examples of where and when I called it quits on any topic.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
johnydon22:

What makes one a Christian? Does being born in a bakery qualify one to be a loaf of bread?
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
Rainess:

We definitely don't hate Jesus.

And Hitler was a Christian. But I don't judge an entire religion based on the actions of one lunatic

What made Hitler a Christian?
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by PastorAIO: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
This man! So you still dey. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. As they say, True hustlers never give up, they just take a break.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
PastorAIO:

This man! So you still dey. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. As they say, True hustlers never give up, they just take a break.

I still dey kampe by the grace of God. I hope you are not disappointed. Quitters don't win and winners don't quit. Jesus has won the battle and has given us the victory. Hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by PastorAIO: 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What makes one a Christian? Does being born in a bakery qualify one to be a loaf of bread?

Excellent question! What are the criteria?

Being 'born' in a bakery, or to put it in other words, having your origin in a bakery makes you almost certainly a loaf of bread. Of course there is always the possibility that a pregnant woman came into labour while in the bakery and there was no time but to have the baby delivered there. It is possible, but unlikely. It is most highly like that if you started life in a bakery then you are loaf of bread.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by PastorAIO: 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
Chappie:
hitler was more of an atheist than Christian..
How persuasive are these claims? My New
York Times bestseller What's So Great
About Christianity has the full story and the
requisite citations but here's the
condensed version. Hitler was born Catholic
just as Stalin was born into the Russian
Orthodox Church and Mao was raised as a
Buddhist. These facts prove nothing as
many people reject their religious
upbringing, as these three men did. From
an early age, historian Allan Bullock writes,
Hitler "had no time at all for Catholic
teaching, regarding it as a religion fit only
for slaves and detesting its ethics."
How then do we account for Hitler's claim
that in carrying out his anti-Semitic
program he was an instrument of divine
providence? During his ascent to power,
Hitler needed the support of the German
people — both the Bavarian Catholics and
the Prussian Lutherans — and to secure
this he occasionally used rhetoric such as "I
am doing the Lord's work." To claim that
this rhetoric makes Hitler a Christian is to
confuse political opportunism with personal
conviction. Hitler himself says in Mein
Kampf that his public statements should
be understood as propaganda that bears
no relation to the truth but is designed to
sway the masses.
The Nazi idea of an Aryan Christ who uses
the sword to cleanse the earth of the Jews
— what historians call "Aryan Christianity"
— was obviously a radical departure from
the traditional Christian understanding and
was condemned as such by Pope Pius XI at
the time. Moreover, Hitler's anti-Semitism
was not religious, it was racial. Jews were
targeted not because of their religion —
indeed many German Jews were
completely secular in their way of life —
but because of their racial identity. This
was an ethnic and not a religious
designation. Hitler's anti-Semitism was
secular.

This is just 2nd hand accounts from others. What were Hitler's own words on the subject?
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by udatso: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Kindly give examples of where and when I called it quits on any topic.
I really didn't want to go into this deeply, but the evidence is in your posts and topics. Let's take for instance in
www.nairaland.com/1908052/muslim-molests-2-year-old
In your own way You were trying to defend the gospel by bringing up any meaningful post that can spread hatred for Islam even though a Christian tried to make you see the errors of your ways.
My point is, after that thread, you didn't come up again to recycle the topic. Therefore even though you love to attack Islam/Muslims yiu know when to let go and move for the next available topic to attack Islam.

This is just one out of many, there was this thread you created with a pic of a girl whose mouth was sewn with thread by Muslims..... After you were confronted by some Muslims including me and vedaxcool and the falsehood was debunked you never said anything about it again.
On the other hand Ifeann would keep posting that topic in almost every new threads or topic she creates asking Muslims to respond to it.

You can check her profile.
By the way why have you stopped your attack on Islam?

2 Likes

Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
PastorAIO:

Excellent question! What are the criteria?

Being 'born' in a bakery, or to put it in other words, having your origin in a bakery makes you almost certainly a loaf of bread. Of course there is always the possibility that a pregnant woman came into labour while in the bakery and there was no time but to have the baby delivered there. It is possible, but unlikely. It is most highly like that if you started life in a bakery then you are loaf of bread.

Wrong. Even if you were conceived, delivered and nurtured in a bakery that does not qualify you to be a loaf of bread, neither does being born by a pastor or into a Christian family make you a Christian. God only has children not grandchildren.
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
udatso:

I really didn't want to go into this deeply, but the evidence is in your posts and topics. Let's take for instance in
www.nairaland.com/1908052/muslim-molests-2-year-old
In your own way You were trying to defend the gospel by bringing up any meaningful post that can spread hatred for Islam even though a Christian tried to make you see the errors of your ways.
My point is, after that thread, you didn't come up again to recycle the topic. Therefore even though you love to attack Islam/Muslims yiu know when to let go and move for the next available topic to attack Islam.

This is just one out of many, there was this thread you created with a pic of a girl whose mouth was sewn with thread by Muslims..... After you were confronted by some Muslims including me and vedaxcool and the falsehood was debunked you never said anything about it again.
On the other hand Ifeann would keep posting that topic in almost every new threads or topic she creates asking Muslims to respond to it.

You can check her profile.
By the way why have you stopped your attack on Islam?

I don't need to expose what Islam is all about If you listen to the news any sane person will not be in any doubt as to what Islam is all about and it is not about peace as this woman Ayaam Hirsi Ali eloquently states in the newsflash below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1f67beuWI
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by udatso: 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I don't need to expose what Islam is all about If you listen to the news any sane person will not be in any doubt as to what Islam is all about and it is not about peace as this woman Ayaam Hirsi Ali eloquently states in the newsflash below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1f67beuWI
But why did you stop? Or wasn't the media there at the time you used to.? Or sane people didn't have access to news?
Re: Was Hitler A Christian? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
udatso:

But why did you stop? Or wasn't the media there at the time you used to.? Or sane people didn't have access to news?

I believe you are sane enough not to derail this thread. Was Hitler a Christian or not? Kindly drop your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Pastor Involved In A Scam (Sunday Adelaja) / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire / I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.