Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) (29460 Views)

CROSS Roads(a True Life Story) / Red Night (true Life Story) / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 9:40am On Apr 20, 2015
Hi everyone, this will be my first story on NL, having read from gurus on sexuality section, I was motivated to put pen to paper (or is it fingers to phone's keypad).

The story is 98% real and 2 percent fiction.
All right reserved, no part of this publication should be copied without the permission of the owner.

Every Woman is at risk of breast cancer, early detection is key to survival. Get tested today.

1 Like

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 10:01am On Apr 20, 2015
Grinn, grin, ggrin, my phone rings, time check, its 6a.m in the morning, with heavy eyes I picked up the phone
*caller: hello
*me: hello who is this
*caller: tee bawo ni ( tee how are you)
*me: Mo wa pa, e jo ta lo n soro ( am fine, please who is speaking)
*caller: boda e Shakiru ni ( its me your uncle Shakiru)
*me: Alhaji e kaa ro ( Alhaji good morning)
*Shakiru: shey o shi wa ni Ilorin ni abi o ti de eko ( are you still in Ilorin or are you back in Lagos)
*me: am in Lagos sir
*Shakiru: well e ma bo ni Ajiran ooo ( well, be coming to Ajiran)
* me : shey ko is sir ( hope no problem sir)
Shakiru: Ko si, sha maa bo (no problem, just be coming)
* me: Boda mi, ki lon shele ( uncle what's happening)
*shakiru: anti mi ti ku oooo ( my sister is dead)
*me: ok sir......... Dropped call

Got up from the bed, check the seating room, no one was there, got outside, saw daddy bathing for Abimbola with his Elder brother with him. Big Daddy ( dad's elder brother) has been with us for 3 nights now for prayers and vigil.
I called dad
*me: Daddy e wa ( daddy please come)
* Dad: ki lo shele ( what's up)
* me: let's go into the room...... Walked them into the room
*me: Dad, alhaji shakiru just called me now, he said Mama has given up the ghost.
*Dad: when
*me: early this morning
Next thing I saw was dad crying profusely, with his brother consoling him. I went outside, bathed Abimbola and then picked my fone and called my friends................................................................................
.................................................................................................
Date check: 14th October 2010.

2 Likes

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2015
Don't no about writing, but am sure the guru(s) will soon be here. Try to make your update lengthy.

2 Likes

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Mhizblizz:
Don't no about writing, but am sure the guru(s) will soon be here. Try to make your update lengthy.
Will try to do just dat. That was just a preamble to the story. Story starts in full in next update. Thanks
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2015
Feb 11 2004, the 2004 African cup of Nations was on, it was a Semi-final match between Nigeria and Tunisia. As usual Nepa no gree give us light, so we were all at broda Samu's room watching the match with his I better pass my neighbour generator. The match was locked at one goal each and it was becoming a fierce encounter. Suddenly I heard Charity(a neighbour) scream my name, Uncle tee, uncle tee, I dashed out to meet her and she shouted 'your mum'.
Ran inside to see my mum on the rug all sweaty and tensed, getting closer, I heard the cry of a new born baby and saw the head of the baby outside with the other parts still in her.
In shock, I ran back outside straight to broda Samu's room and screamed at him to follow me. We both ran with d speed of light, the kind of speed that Usain bolt will be jealous of.
Getting inside, to my biggest surprise, broda Samu ( broda Samu was married and as fat as papa Ajasco) was shaking, more tensed than the woman delivering. Next thing I saw was broda Samu crying, after some seconds he tried and muttered some words
Broda Samu: Tee what are we going to do
Me: I don't know that's why I came to call u
Broda Samu: Mama what do u think we should do
Mama : (very calm) tee should go and call the nurse down the street.
I quickly dashed out and called the nurse, within two minutes we were back together.
Nurse: Madam, what you did is very risky, please don't try it again. But I could see you are a very strong woman and u might have done this before but please don't try it again. I will just cut the cord cause you have done most of the work.
Ten minutes later, I placed a call to dad to tell him his wife just put to bed a bouncing baby boy.
Eventually, Nigeria lost the match to Tunisia on penalties but no one in our compound really finish watching the match. Let me quickly add that this was not the first time Mama will be giving birth at home, her last two children were given birth to the same way ( at home) without help.
Eight days later, the boy was name Abimbola. After the birth of Abimbola, things started unfolding ......................................................
TBC

2 Likes

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
Continued...............................................................................
Mama just arrived from Oguntolu hospital at Onipanu where she went for immunisation of her baby. She's been having some pains in her left breast and complained to the Matron who told her it could be the effect of the breast feeding.
Mama complained that this is not the first time she's breastfeeding and such pain haven't been felt before, the Matron insisted that she should watch the pain and report during her next immunisation day. She gave her some pain killers and sent her on her way.
Well, Mama had four children in total 3 boys and a girl. Me, tos, yinkus and Abimbola.
.................................................................................................
Abimbola is now two years old and Mama hadn't felt any pain again in her breast. She had said she told God to take the pain away and He did.
Mama came back from digging deep(church service) on a tuesday in december 2006 and the following conversation ensued
Tee: Mama I have great news for you
Mama: what is it my dear
Tee: my name came out on Unilorin addmision list
Mama: thank you Jesus, the God that never fails. That's great news my dear. So when are you resuming
Tee: maybe after the yuletide season,
Mama: So how much is the school fees,
Tee: I don't know yet but it can be more than 20k
Mama: God that has started the good work will perfect it in Jesus Name
Tee: Amen
January was here quickly and Tee stepped out to travel to Ilorin, Mama ransacked the house and gave him 20k for his admission.
Getting to Ilorin, Tee was left with less than 17k and no where to stay. Tee was meant to stay with some friends in Kwara poly, where he stayed during post jamb but unfortunately for him, the guys where still in Lagos and not planning to return soon.
Stranded, he decide to call a friend he knew from lagos who also just got addmission
Tee: Bisola how far
Bisola: tee how you dey na, you no go come do your registration ni?
Tee: I just arrive today
Bisola: henhen that's nice, maybe we go block for school tomorrow
Tee: am even bored here, which area are u maybe I could just visit
Bisola: Am at Oko-Erin, where you dey sef?
Tee: I dey Challenge
Bisola: just call Oko Erin for any Taxi man and tell him you are dropping close to Girls secondary school in Oko-Erin
Tee: ok, I will be there soon
Ten minutes later, I arrived Oko-Erin and placed a call to Bisola. She waved me from far away and I walked to meet her, we exchanged pleasantries and she took me to where she stays.
The lodge was called MANAGERS VILLA. She introduced me to some of her room mates and told me she was just scouting with them all and that she was the only girl in the midst of 5 boys. Wow I said. I narrated my ordeal to her and she said she can't be of help cause the room is filled already and it doesn't belong to her.
While speaking the Owner of the lodge named Acme came close and overhead all we were discussing, then he said
Acme: guy if you don't mind ooo, you fit join us na, shebi na to sleep and wake till u finish your registration.
Tee: thanks brother am so grateful
Acme: shey na Hostel you wan collect abi na outside campus you go rent house
Tee: I don't even know yet, make I first enter school tomorrow and see what's up
Acme: no wahala baba, but guys wan chao Eba now, if you no mind you fit join us
Tee: bros me no dey mind for food ooo
Acme: I don dey suspect you sef, all dis slim people you guys are always consumers
Tee: well its a gift from God and e no dey show for our body
We both laughed and Acme took me in an introduced me to the rest of the guys. TJ, Abbey, Kc and Ismail............................................................................
Well dos guys changed my life in totality and that we shall see has the story unfolds.

4 Likes

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by preciousswett: 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nyc one,I dey folo u lyk shadow. Cum and update o
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
preciousswett:
Nyc one,I dey folo u lyk shadow. Cum and update o
Thanks sis.... Am update when I get home from work dis evening.
U will sure get a dedication
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2015
Dedicated to preciousswett

It was a cold morning, and the harmmathan in ilorin no get part 2. I woke up to the sound of music from Midland fm.
Tee: guys good morning
Acme: how r you doing
Abbey: you no dey enter school
Tee: am fine oo, I go enter but na around ten
KC: when you enter just go do your clearance first na there dem go tell you how much your fees go be
Tee: thanks baba, by the way where is Bisola
Acme: she don enter school
Tee: so fast?
Abbey: the traffic is always terrible every morning, me sef don dey comot
Tee: comot ke? You don bath ni?
Acme: na afternoon we dey bath dis days ooo, shey you no see the harmathan ni?
Tee: so even bisola no bath
Acme: if you see her make you ask her urself ooo. We don dey comot.
Kc: when you wan comot just lock the door and give the key to the woman next door
Tee: ok
Kc: if you reach main road just call challenge to any cab, at least you should know your way from there
Tee: yes I do.
All: aiit , see you in the evening
Acme: no tey for school ooo else na leg you go use waka come home ooo
Tee: all right thanks
So I was left alone. Its gonna be my first day in school, even if its freezing I will sure take my bath. In no time I was in the bathroom, chai I couldn't even use up half of the water in the bucket, I was screaming and cursing *abeg who send me* and Acme don tell me to respect myself ooo na me one do fresh boy. I manage to bath the lagosian way(if u know what I mean) and rushed out.
Checking my bag, brought out the finest of my just four shirts and my only black codro, sprayed my pyramid perfume with my one and only black shoe, off to school I went, feeling fly with my credentials in my bag.
Got to school, found my way to the clearance queue, it was a long one, standing in front of me was a pretty young girl, in my mind I was like *wow tee time to show your swags*
I tried starting a conversation with her
Me: hi, please am behind you, I quickly wanna get sumfin to eat *with american ascent*
Lady: all right but don't stay long ooooo
Me: thanks, I won't or do you care for meat pie
Lady: no thank you
*chai, me we no dey hungry, go just waste money buy meat pie wey no hungry me*
Me: am back, thanks for keeping my space
Lady: you are welcome, and where is the meat pie
Me: *see casting ooo* the queue there was too long so I just changed my mind
Lady: all right
Me: by the way my name is tee, you?
Lady: am Ife
Me: ife, such a lovely name for a lovely damsel
Ife:* smiled* thanks
Me: well am in maths department, oh sorry am waiting to be cleared for Mathematics department, you nko?
Ife: very funny of you, well am also waiting to be cleared for Mathematics department too
Me: wow what a coincidence *chai I don catch my first babe*
We kept talking till she was cleared and I did my clearance too. After the clearance she said we should proceed to the bank to pay the fee, well the fees given to us was
School fees, acceptance and others.... #17,500
Departmental fees...................................... #1500
Faculty fees.................................................. #4000
SUG...............................................................#300
And so on
But on me at that time was just #15,300 and Ife said we should go to bank together, omo see casting
Me: ife I think I will just go and receive one or two lectures and go to d bank tomorrow, you know we have missed a lot of lectures
Ife: that's a good idea, let's even see what the lectures look like
I and Ife exchanged numbers and went straight to lectures.
After lectures at about 2pm I called Mama
Me: Mama ow r u doing
Mama: tee my child am missing u already ooo
Me: but Mama I just left yesterday na
Mama: I know but am just missing you
Me: Mama is it the missing me that is making you sound like this ? Are you all right ma?
Mama: am ok am just having a little malaria
Me: sorry ma, Mama why I called is to tell you dat I might need to come back home ooo
Mama: hanhan, you just left yesterday na, why are you coming back?
Me: I might need to come and work for about two weeks to make enough money for the fees, cause it is more than we budgeted
Mama: haaaa Mogbe ( am in trouble)
Me: mama don't worry yourself, I have it under control. Am taking the next available bus home
Mama: isn't it too late
Me: I will be fine ma
Hurriedly I left school, told ife I would call her and rushed to Oko Erin. I was about opening the door when I saw that it was locked from inside, and the sound coming from in there was like dat of a lady so I tried to ears drop.
Lady: joor ooo diee diee ( please take it easy) do you want to kill me ni, hassssh huuush, yeeeeee Maaami oooo, obo mi ti ya ooo(my mum, my punnany don tear oooo). I moved away from the door and couldn't control my laughter, I was still laughing when I remember I still have to get to lagos, how would I go about this now? Who could be in the room wit a lady amongst this guys? ....................................................

TBC

1 Like

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 12:02am On Apr 21, 2015
Dedicated to mhizblizz
Contd
After waiting outside for about 5 minutes, Tj came in
Tj: baba why you dey outside
Me: my oga e never tey wey I come, so I just say make I take fresh air
Tj: you sure say na fresh air you dey take abi dem don lock you for outside
Me: bros na all of the above oooo
Tj: who lock you outside sef?
Me: bros na dat one I never find out oooo
Tj: make I see the slippers wey dey outside first maybe I go fit guess the owner
Me: ok ooo
Tj went and was singing some uncoordinated music, next thing I saw was Acme coming out with JT shooting out of his boxers
Acme: baba shey I never kip una waiting sha
Me: at all na now I just dey enter sef
Me: baba abeg help me pass my bag I gats enter lag today
Acme: hanhan shebi you just land yesterday
Me: yes I forgot my original birth certificate for house na just one photocopy I bring and I don use am for clearance
Acme: heya....na money you wan waste be that ooo
Me: abi *waste money ke, abi I wan go make money*
By 5pm I was in a bus to lagos, as usual I try my best to seat next to a young lady and at the same time pretend not to have her time.
Seriously, my mind was occupied with how to raise the money for my fees, then all of a sudden this lady just hit my shoulder with her head pretending to be sleeping, well she left the head on my shoulder and I didn't complain after like 10minutes I decide to help her ministry or so I taught... I stretched my hand over ha shoulder, trying to rest my hand on ha breast, well she didn't complain so I decide to up my game a little more.
The time was around 8pm and the weather was very nice, I continued my romance with the lady beside me and this time I was squeezing her breast and she had her hand on my JT. Have only heard about stories like this, but it happening to me is still amazing till today. Before I could say Jack she zipped down my trousers and pierce through my boxers rubbing my JT with passion, well that sent shivers to my brain. I bend my head on the seat in front of us and she did the same then our lips met slowly I was trying to devour her lips and she mine, by this time the guy sitting next to me has noticed somethings and was humming some sounds I understood, was just laughing in my mind. Before I could even finish enjoying my freebie, she told the driver she is dropping @ Iwo road. Chai na so this go end without getting to the promise land?
Finally the bus stopped and she looked up and said 'bad boy' I just smiled and said bye. The guy beside me gave me the chairman look and I just winked him an off I go into dreamland till we arrive lagos around 10pm.
I entered bariga by 11:15 and met Mama shivering, I was shocked *by dis tym*
Me: mama what's wrong
Mama: its just malaria
Me: did u go to the hospital
Mama: it just started today and have prayed about it
Me: Mama its not about praying alone at least use paracetamol
Mama: the lord has healed me, I will see my pastor tomorrow
Me: mama please take some medication and let's go to the clinic tomorrow
Mama: why don't you have faith
Me: mama I have faith, but faith without work is dead
Mama: tee leave me alone, am fine, how was your journey
Me: Mama I will get you some drugs tomorrow sha
Mama: you will use it yourself then
Me: but...
Mama: *cuts in* no but, please I need to rest and just shut your mouth till tomorrow, have had enough of you already........................
TBC

1 Like

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2015
The next morning, I was discussing with my sister who couldn't go to school due to her mum's condition
Tos: uncle tee, this mama's sickness is always every week ooo
Me: hanhan every week ke? Shebi am always around and she has been fine.
Tos: am telling you the truth, she only pretends she's fyn to u all
Me: really?
Tos: u know I go with her to the pastor regularly
Me: yes
Tos: it seems she has a big boil on her breast
Me: boil ke? For ow long has the boil been there?
Tos: I don't know ooo, but the boil seems to have lasted more than a month
Me: so what has she been using?
Tos: she's has been rubbing oori on it
Me: ok den, lemme try and talk to her.
Mama was a very spiritual person, infact too spiritual for my likeness, she usually say I act like an unbeliever and prays that God will touch my life. So after listening to Tos, I knew the best way to get her talk is to go spiritual on her too, so I went like this
Me: mama ow are u feeling this morning
Mama: am better by His grace
Me: it is well in Jesus Name, the lord that starts d good works will perfect it IJN
Mama: Amen
Me: are we going to see the pastor today?
Mama: do u want to go with me ni?
Me: yes, I think I need some spiritual guidance to start my program with, u know Ilorin is filled with muslims, so I need God's protection among them.
Mama: that's true, I thank God for ur life, dis is ow a child of God thinks and reasons
Me: yes ma
Mama: but av u deleted those worldly songs on ur phone? If u want god's protection u av to do away with all the things of the world.
Me: *getting tired and bored* av done that ma, so when are we seeing the pastor?
Mama: we will go by 12
Me: ok ma.

By 12 we where at the church, and with the pastor in his office
Pastor: tee ow r u, and how come u are back so soon
Me: I just came to pick somethings I forget ni sir
Pastor: so when will u be going back?
Me: maybe next week sir
Pastor: make sure u see me befor u go back
Me: *i op no be prayer I wan c u for ooo* ok sir
Pastor: Mama ow r u feeling today
Mama: am strong sir
Pastor: it is well, any improvement?
Mama: Yes by his grace am better than last week
Pastor: to God be the glory
Me: daddy please can u advice ha to please go to the hospital, so we can know the nature of this reoccurring sickness
Pastor: mama, so u avnt been to the hospital?
Mama: I don't need to go to d hospital sir, the great Physician is already working in me
Pastor: hallelujah....... Well ur faith has made u whole, but if ur son insists maybe u should try and just go
Mama: all right sir
Pastor: going to the hospital doesn't stop God from doing what's he will do, infact it will even help us to know wot exactly we are dealing with and where to shoot our arrows of prayer
Me: abi ooo, pls tell ha ooo
Mama: ok sir, thank u sir
Pastor: let's pray
Got back home and placed a call to Ife
Me: ife wots up
Ife: tee am fyn, sorry I dint call u
Me: *i wasn't even xpecting u to call* no problem, ow is school
Ife: am not in school today ooo
Me: ok..... U went to the bank outside school abi
Ife: no I avnt gone to d bank either
Me: so u are just sleeping at home
Ife: hmmmmm not really, I usually go for checkup on wednesday
Me: *check up gini* really
Ife: yea
Me: so what kinda check up is it
Ife: medical check up
Me: are u sick ni?
Ife: must one be sick before going for check up?
Me: not really, but in dis part of our world its only when one is sick oooo
Ife: well am fyn, but I just had an operation two months ago, so I do go for check up regularly
Me: operation? Wot kinda operation?
Ife: don't worry urself about that, if u get closer to me u will know
Me: I op u are all ryt sha
Ife: do I look otherwise to u?
Me: not really, well I just called to see if u are in school
Ife: yea thanks, will be in school tomoro, by the way av u gone to the bank?
Me: not yet, won't go without the damsel with me
Ife: which damsel
Me: u of course
Ife: u better stop flattering urself
*u av less than one minute for ur call*
Me: darling I will av to go now, am outta credit
Ife: aiit thanks for calling
Me: u are welcome dear...... Drops call
*wot could be wrong with ife? She looks all right na, hanhan, operation ke?* na wah ooo
I recharged and put a call to Acme who told me Bisola has moved out of the lodge to somewhere in GRA, the I called my uncle who works in Adeniji to assist me with my predicament, he said I should see him the next day. Dad called and told me to go meet his friend who works at piviot engineering in ikeja on monday.
Wow I was happy, doors are opening, so I may not need to look for any job after all........
Then on friday Mama got worse........................................
TBC
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2015
Abeg my ogas where are u all ooo
Onihaxy
Dioxidane
Drnoel
Hurklan
Cherrybrown
BeeBeeOoh
Eniqurl
Silverdam
Nitefury
Come support dis learner here ooooo
And pls don't just read try and drop comments also it goes a long way to help my moral. Correction, observations and more.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Nitefury: 9:11am On Apr 21, 2015
tunery004:

Nitefury
And pls don't just read try and drop comments also it goes a long way to help my moral. Correction, observations and more.

was just in the hood when I heard my name... Following bro..

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Dioxidane: 9:13am On Apr 21, 2015
Good job bro!

Let me give you some few tips though...

1. Minimize your abbreviations, or don't even abbreviate at all... It makes your work look 'professional'...

2. Leave a line/space between paragraphs, it makes your work neat and easy to read...

3. Refer to 1... LolzzZ. (Just Kidding)...

4. Don't start what you don't plan on seeing through...

I dey follow like twitter...
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:17am On Apr 21, 2015
tunery004:
Onihaxy
Dioxidane
Drnoel
Hurklan
Cherrybrown
BeeBeeOoh
Eniqurl
Silverdam
Nitefury
present!!

Let d show begin..
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2015
Dioxidane:
Good job bro!

Let me give you some few tips though...

1. Minimize your abbreviations, or don't even abbreviate at all... It makes your work look 'professional'...

2. Leave a line/space between paragraphs, it makes your work neat and easy to read...

3. Refer to 1... LolzzZ. (Just Kidding)...

4. Don't start what you don't plan on seeing through...

I dey follow like twitter...
Yes bossn noted sir.
Op ur are not at malama Aisha's place today sha?
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Eniqurl(f): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Nice story.
Following...Liljboy, Suxxman, Danyel09, Pbs4real, Hfinest1, Pinkycute.

1 Like

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2015
Nitefury:

was just in the hood when I heard my name... Following bro..
Thanks boss, ow r u rabbits
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by liljboy(m): 9:51am On Apr 21, 2015
tunery004:

Every Woman is at risk of breast cancer, early detection is key to survival. Get tested today.
Rhythm 93.7..... eni I see u
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by silverdam(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2015
tunery004:
Onihaxy
Dioxidane
Drnoel
Hurklan
Cherrybrown
BeeBeeOoh
Eniqurl
Silverdam
Nitefury
Oya now, lets go there....
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2015
Eniqurl:
Nice story.
Welcome first lady
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 10:05am On Apr 21, 2015
liljboy:
Rhythm 93.7..... eni I see u
Yes boss, rhythm did a lot of awareness back then, op they are still doing it sha?
Welcome
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 10:55am On Apr 21, 2015
Then on friday mama got worse
Tos: tee please come and see Mama ooo
Me: wetin happen again
Tos: I can't really say ooo
Got to the room and saw mama in great pain, her body temperature was almost at boiling point,
Mama: tee please bring me the anointing oil
Me: mama this is not about anointing oil let's go to the hospital
Mama: did u meet me in this life or I met u? Can u know more than me, c'mon get the oil for me
Me: ok ooo, if that how u want it, Gave her the oil.
Me: Mama I heard there is a boil on ur breast
Mama: tee, yes but I can't really talk now
*oh god hey, am the one who's searching* that's my phone ringing, checked the caller and it was Ife
Me: sweetheart how are u doing
Ife: am fyn, and who's your sweetheart?
Me: u of course
Ife: deceive yourself, where are u
Me: am not in school ooo
Ife: so when will you be coming
Me: I ad to travel yestade, my mum is kinda sick
Ife: but u dint tell me when u called yestade
Me: it was after I called u
Ife: how is she now sha
Me: she's getting better, and how are u feeling also
Ife: well am fine, it was just a check up its not that am sick so pls stop asking
Me: if u say so ma
Ife: will wait for you to come before paying my fees ooo, I don't have the strength for the bank stress
Me: no problem ma, I should be back latest by wednesday.
Ife: ok then, will talk to u later
Me: thanks dear and bye
Its past evening and mama wasn't faring any better, so she eventually succumb to us going to the hospital. I stood outside called a bike man to take us to Gbagada general hospital. The queue was quite long but when the nurses saw her, they moved us to the front of the queue and attended to us. Luckily she had a card already( she got it during antenatal) so it was easy to get her medical history. Quickly she was given a bed and placed on a drip, her blood samples were taken and the doc said he will be back when the test result are out.

About an hour later, the result came and the doc called me
Doc: the test result showed ur mum have typhoid and malaria
Me: *na everybody wey sick for naija dey get dos two mtcheeewww* really
Doc: yes
Me: and is that all?
Doc: yes, so we will need to admit her for two days
Me: no problem doc. But sir, I think she has a very big lump on her breast
Doc: really? Well we just took her blood samples based on the explanation she gave us, but I will go back and do a general check up on her now
Me: please don't let her know I told u anything ooo
Doc: not to worry youngman
Me: thanks sir

Later the doc came to our ward and spoke with mama
Doc: madam ow r u feeling now
Mama: am better by his grace, thanks
Doc: the result of the test carried out is ready but we will still need to do a general check up on you based on what we got from the result
Mama: no problem
Doc: young man can u please excuse us
Me: ok sir
The doc drew the curtain and I left to get a drink outside.
Twenty minutes later the doc came out and confirmed there is a lump on her breast and that it is an over grown lump. He said he will direct us to LASUTH after the treatment here, where we will see a specialist. I thanked him and he left for his office..

Fast forward to monday now, Mama was still at the hospital, I had to go see dad's friend at ikeja, to my surprise he gave me 20k. I felt like rolling on the floor to thank him, then I called my uncle at Adeniji that I will be coming right away, he aslo gave me 12k, making a total of 32k in less than 5hours.
From Adeniji, I entered Tinubu and Idumota to get some wears and change my wardrobe a little. Got some cloths with about 7k .

Mama was discharged later in the evening, she was feeling perfectly okay now and I was glad again. So I told her I will be returning to school the next day she prayed for me, I mocked her about going to the hospital, we all laughed and went to bed.

Early the next morning I was on my way to Ilorin, called Ife, but she dint pick up, later she sent a message that she's not feeling too good and can't pick calls for now. I replied her text and told ha to send me her address so I could check her when I arrive.
I waited till I get to ilorin but no reply, but at night, I got a call that got me scared.........................................................
TBC

1 Like

Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pinkycute(f): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Am Present!!.....

Thanks hny for inviting me kiss

Following this thread like no man business grin

Nice writeup @Op, but please space ur writeup.........

Eniqurl:
Nice story.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pbs4real(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Eniqurl:
Nice story.
bae tnx. . Op say i knw l8?
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Got to ilorin in the evening, bought bread and banana for the guys at the lodge, while still offloading, my phone rang, checking the caller it was Ife
Me: ife thank God u are all right, av bin worried
Ife: am sorry, was on medication so I slept off
Me: op u are better now
Ife: I op I am, tee am scared
Me: ife don't be, but wots the nature of the sickness
Ife: will u be in school tomoro
Me: yes I will, shebi u will go for your check up
Ife: I was there today so won't go tomoro, let's meet in school tomoro then
Me : ok den, take care
Food was ready and the guys where about eating,
Acme: oga won't u join us ni
Me: why won't I?
TJ: shebi u just dey come from home, u no suppose dey chop dis concoction
Me: no worry tomoro I go cook better soup for una
All: ope ooooo chairman baba olowo ti de ooooo
Me: dats my boys
Ismail: u no well.
KC: Acme ow far wit ur babe Kb na
Acme: no mind her joor, she dey form for me, I say make she show today but she no gree
Tj: but acme u bad gaan oooo, all of us go sleep for here and u go still dey kpansh dat girl everynight
Abbey: the guy just dey give me sleepless night
Acme: baba me no dey do dos things una dey talk ooo
Me: TJ shey no be she dey house dat dey wey I wan travel
TJ: na she na, dem no know morning or night
Me: the ringtone wey I hear dat day madt gann ooo
Acme: wetin u hear ooo, we were just discussing FIN303
Me: that course go tough gann ooo and go get like 12 units cos the way she was reading the handout aloud was very interesting
We all laughed, yabbing each other.
Its funny how people mix quickly, especially guys. Have only known this guys for two days and we were gisting like we've known each other forever.
Acme was in 300L, he was the owner of the room, his friend Ismail was also in 300L. Ismail was a bariga boy also, he was friend with KC and KC was a street brother to Abbey, Abbey was bisola's street friend and Bisola was a daughter to a minister in my mum's church. We were all freshers except for TJ who was here to write IJMB, he lived on the same area with Acme around Iyana ipaja.
It was a wonderful lodge, and need to say guys will always be guys, everyday its has to be a story of one girl or the other. We usualy move out of the lodge to a place we call Point to examine and feed our eyes with d goodies in the area.
on this faithful night after the food, we sat at Point then this slim lady walked by......................................
TBC
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
pinkycute:
Am Present!!.....

Thanks hny for inviting me kiss

Following this thread like no man business grin

Nice writeup @Op, but please space ur writeup.........

Amma try with the spacing ma, thanks so much
Welcome on board
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
pbs4real:
bae tnx. . Op say i knw l8?
Not at all, u made front page
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by onihaxy: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
tunery004:
Onihaxy
Dioxidane
Drnoel
Hurklan
Cherrybrown
BeeBeeOoh
Eniqurl
Silverdam
Nitefury

I don land. Oya make the show continue
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by pbs4real(m): 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nice one op,kip it rolling,more ink to ur pen.
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by tunery004(m): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
onihaxy:

I don land. Oya make the show continue
Oko Adebimpe, wellcome. But when are u starting part 5 of the series na
Re: Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Eniqurl:
Nice story.
tanx bae wink I owe u one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Responds To Critics On Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Question / The Power Of Money / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.