Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,946 members, 7,803,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Mama Ajasco Is Dead - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mama Ajasco Is Dead (14027 Views)

Papa Ajasco Pa James Begging / Please Can Some1 Tell Wale Adenuga To Stop Promoting Stupidity With Papa Ajasco / Watch Papa Ajasco Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mama Ajasco Is Dead by GodisGood2: 6:54am On Jan 31, 2009
Mama Ajasco is dead
2009-01-31 00:47:23

Written by VANGUARD  
Saturday, 31 January 2009
If tears could bring back the dead, then the remains of the late actress and one of the leading screen actresses in Nigeria, Iyabo Momoh would have risen from death.

But alas and so Iyabo who made name as Mama Ajasco in the Wale Adenuga created TV show Papa Ajasco has passed on to the  great beyond.  Iyabo Momoh who was interred last Wednesday at her Ikorodu, Lagos home succumbed to the pangs of death on Tuesday after a protracted battle with cancer.

The disease had in the early stages retarded her once flourishing acting career and finally nailing her in the later stages and thereby depriving Nigerians the services of one of the most talent actresses in the land.

Although details of her sickness  were not revealed to Home Video People, the actress who was fondly called Abeni Aworuru by her Yoruba fans, died while receiving treatment in a private hospital in Lagos.
President of ANTP the umbrella (the body she was a foremost member) body she operate from, Prince Kosoko told Home Video People that Madam Iyabo who died at the age of 53 years  left behind her husband and four Children.

“Apart from myself and Oga Bello who were at the burial many of my members, cast and crew of the Papa Ajasco casts and members of the public honoured her even in death with their presence.

And as part of our tradition we will again gather at her residence on March 11 to celebrate. The event is called Artiste Night and it will witness the gathering of all our members to celebrate the life and times of Madam Iyabo.

Prince Kosoko also prayed for the repose of her soul and urged all members of the association to pray fervently against such occurrences this year.

Also reacting to the news of her death, movie producer and actor, Yomi Fabiyi, described the late Momoh as a versatile actress who encouraged the younger ones to give their best in the make-believe industry.

The late Momoh, apart from being a popular Yoruba actress, endeared herself to lovers of comedy, when she played Mama Ajasco in the Papa Ajasco and Company television series, created by Ikebe Super exponent, Wale Adenuga, a few years ago.

She was later sacked alongside the former Boy Alinco, Adebayo Bankole, and the current Papa Ajasco, Abiodun Ayoyinka, for alleged breach of contract.

Chico Ejiro in another reality TV show

Self -styled Mr Prolific Chico Ejiro is at the verge of rolling out another television reality show. Titled the Super star, searching for the ultimate entertainer, the reality show has been completed and ready to show on popular television stations in Nigeria.

Ejiro who was involved in other reality television shows in the past including the Niger Delta peace initiative and Hidden Paradise says, he decided to continue his television productions in the face of uncertainties because it is the only profession he knows. He says “I am not a trader in any market but I am a television producer and director and there is nothing else for me to do than that.

In the reality show, we are searching for the ultimate entertainer, the star who could dance, act, sing and do comedy all in one. We are looking for a complete artiste and the stakes are very high as the winner has to be the ultimate entertainer. Twelve contestants are already in the house and they were selected in a free audition which took place at Mende in Maryland, Lagos and Legend Hotel, Ajah.

To speak with the stars in the house about being the best of what they wished to be are the Mamuzee twins, Mike Nliam and Baba Dee to test for musical talents while Frank Dallas, Klint de drunk will give tutelage on comedy.

Emeka Ossai, Chinyere Wilfred and Peter Bunor are there as actors and will check on that while Lekan Amani is a dance expert in the house. The judges are Peter Bunor, Muma Gee and Obi Osotule. According to Chico, the presenter of the show is Collins Onwochei who has always featured in Grand Touch pictures events and productions.

On where he is getting support for the production, Chico says there is none for now but we are hopeful

Iyantama mobilises for new production

Award winning Kano based movie maker, Khamitsu Iyantama has started mobilising for his first celluloid movie which according to him must be of the highest standard.

Iyantama who won honors at the Zuma film festival and the last Abuja Film festival disclosed that after his trip to the American Film Market his eyes became more open to what it takes to make a good film.

According to him, we are currently mobilising for our next production and it would be better done than all I had done before. I am in touch with some of the big stars of Nollywood and hope that all goes well when we commence production.

Iyantama who is currently in court with the Kano state government over matters that border on censorship and sundry issues said that “ My trip to the American Film Market opened my eyes that I must try to meet up the international standards.

I also wish to link up with some international producers and directors to see that there is an improvement in what we do here in Nigeria.

I have several stories that need to be seen internationally and it is only when such a story is told well with the standard expected that things can be better. Every one who is a Nigerian knows that all is not well with our movie industry because of quality.

Most of us do not ask why no movie produced in Nigeria  meets up with others internationally. No one asks why Nigerian movies are not accepeted world wide.

It is a question of quality so I would love to do better things from today and we are currently trying to mobilse to test what we have learnt.

Soul Sisters share with the needy

TheYuletide season is a period to show love and touch people’s lives in a more enduring manner. Some see the period only for merry making and all manners of unwinding in a celebrative environment. Some others see it as a period for sober reflection, and period to reflect on the mercies of God in a year that is gradually drawing to a close.

Yet some others won’t allow the year to just go by without them putting smiles on the faces of some people, most especially the needy and helpless in the society. This is what the three delectable presenters of the much talked about family entertainment TV programme, Soul Sisters Show, Sylvia Udeogu, Olaide Olaogun and Kehinde Bankole did recently in Lagos.

The trio despite their tight schudule, spared a thought for the abandoned chilren and children with special needs, at the Hearts of Gold  Children’s Hospice at Adebols Street, Surulere, Lagos  last week.
They visited the hospice with several goodies for the children which ranged from edibles to detergents.

The trio, we were informed spent some time with the children, cuddling them and holding them and telling them that they love them. It was like the children saw through their hearts, as they were not ready to let them go easily. They held onto them as if they were their mothers.

“Life is not all about just taking and taking. It is also about giving and showing love to others, most especially  giving a helping hand to the needy around us,” they said.

The trio said that they need to thank God for the phenomenal popularity and the acceptance their programme has continue to enjoy, and they promise the viewers more exciting and more rewarding 2009.

“We thank the viewers and those who have supported our vision. They are the tonic which has kept us going. We sincerely appreciate them, and we are saying in 2009, things will be more exciting and more rewarding,”they stated

Winners emerge @ NFC film essay competition

By Ishola Balogun

Messrs Onyigbuo Stephen Uche, Joshua Jephtah and Sola Kayode have emerged as winners of the Nigerian  Film Corporation, organised Film Essay Competition.

And for their effort they are to get cash prizes ranging from f N50,000 to N100,000. In a keenly contested essay competition with the topic: “Film as a tool for International Diplomacy” the winners beat 37 other participants to come tops in the 2008/2009 edition.

The Managing Director of the Corporation, Mr. Afolabi Adesanya, commended the winners for their winning essays, which he remarked were well researched and enriching. The role of film as a major tool in international diplomacy was vividly discussed and highlighted in the winning essays.

The Nigerian Film Corporation Annual Film Essay Competition started in 2005 with the objective of providing Nigerians and film enthusiast the opportunity to participate and contribute to the development of the Nigerian motion picture industry through intellectual discourse.

The 2008/09 winners will be presented their prizes during BOB-TV and Film Market, scheduled for Abuja in March, 2009.

http://lagosstateonline.com/index.php?view=1062
Re: Mama Ajasco Is Dead by lucabrasi(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2009
why have you got two totally different and unconnected articles in the same thread now?anyway may her soul rest in perfect peace,really sad
Re: Mama Ajasco Is Dead by Moyola(f): 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2009
Its a lie! shocked

R.I.P!! cry
Re: Mama Ajasco Is Dead by mohawkchic(f): 6:08am On Feb 21, 2009
~Am taking a wild guess here the Mama Ajasco on the comics i use to read was made into a series . . . undecided . . .I had no idea,wud have loved to watch it,many moons ago,i use to sneak & read the comics from my neighbour who had every copy of the magazine!!

~RIP Iyabo
Re: Mama Ajasco Is Dead by lynxnoon(m): 12:12am On Feb 24, 2009
men na wah oh
i met her some yrs ago,,,,,,,,,,nice lady
R.I.P
Re: Mama Ajasco Is Dead by UNLEASHED(m): 5:02am On Feb 24, 2009
May her soul R. I. P
Re: Mama Ajasco Is Dead by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2009
She was a good actrees and made people laugh. May her soul
rest in perfect peace(RIP)
Re: Mama Ajasco Is Dead by Midex88(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
Never knew she was dead... Still saw the old school papa ajasco today and could not but appreciate the good old days. Rip

(1) (Reply)

Watch And Download After Earth / Checkout The Complete List Of Gotv Max Channel / I Just Produced My First Movie Guys. I'm Excited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.