Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (122074 Views)

Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by chidexy(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2015
Catered4:

Ha, this is another one ooo. Since I'm spending just 2 days, I will just stick to Snacks. Thanks...

@OP good work you are doing. It's not exactly the way they described it. Most food vendors (mostly road side) sell jaki meat alongside others. You get what you prefer. They have jaki meat separate from cow or goat meat and both are not prepared together.

Besides, you wouldn't be eating at a roadside buka. That's how erroneously stereotypes develop. By the way I come from ebonyi state

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Tycike: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2015
Whats the pomo for?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by GodMode: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2015
hamzeiy:

nawa oh...see d dimension ds wan carry d whole thing too...pple ar hia encouraging each other all you can get from this tread is how the north should go out of bizness nd who told you goats or cows giv birth like dogs...hmmm your ignorance has even ssid it all...bros..u go old die ur children go old..die and north wud still b in business...we have suffered hatered frm pple like you bt hia we are biger and stronger.....if d tin day pain you go hang ur self...

gringringrin I'm not hating on the north..

If all you can get from my post is hatred then you have personal issues...

If most southerners (SW,SS,SE) go into agriculture..

The competition will increase and prices will fall then livestock products in the south will become cheap.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by SHAAWA: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
Owliver:
nothing you do you still need education. Besides, not all of them will do this you know. I can't settle down somewhere like that north cos their lack of education is a disease and can kill. I know a friend who served in core north(mayb borno or bauchi) about 6years ago. There was eclipse of sun and hausa began to hunt the infidels(xstian & corpers) for letting allah angry. My padi ran to barracks Can you beat that? undecided

I was enjoying this thread until .... the first recorded eclipse in islamic history occured a day Prophet Muhammad pbuh lost a son. His followers linked it to his son's death, as soon as it got to the prophet's ear, he quickly cautioned them and explained that it is a sign from the Almighty to do what ever He wills at anytime,anywhere. It has nothing to do with his son's passing away. Every muslim know that. Culturally before islam the Hausas do beat drums,sing and beg the sun to release the moon it hold captive(eclipse). some still practice this.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by delishpot: 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
OP, God bless your hussles o.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by MnenaSadiku(f): 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
OP, thank you sooooo much for this thread. You are a blessing to your generation. Infact, I am greatly inspired. I'm based in Lagos & I know this is something I can do. I do not mind partnering with you, that is, if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by gemiclem(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sunymoore:
Yeah.. The North is a hotspot for agricultural products... Just few days ago, my mom bought bag of onions for 3. 7k

mine bought hers ₦3,500 (waybill...she didn't go herself) at kano
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Rapzino: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mordyb:
I know a place in taraba where they sell livestock ridiculously cheaper than what you just showed.
gbam! They sell livestock very cheap in Tella

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
SHAAWA:

I was enjoying this thread until .... the first recorded eclipse in islamic history occured a day Prophet Muhammad pbuh lost a son. His followers linked it to his son's death, as soon as it got to the prophet's ear, he quickly cautioned them and explained that it is a sign from the Almighty to do what ever He wills at anytime,anywhere. It has nothing to do with his son's passing away. Every muslim know that. Culturally before islam the Hausas do beat drums,sing and beg the sun to release the moon it hold captive(eclipse). some still practice this.
not every muslim. According to my friend, if not for a woman who informed my friend and fellow corpers who knows what would have happened that day. that's why education I needed in that north. Although they are now trying compared to before but more still need to be done. I tell you if they take education seriously couple with agriculture they'll be greater than any other region. Thanks for joining me in derailing this thread grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by ghettodreamz(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Waspy:
Catered4, abeg if you need an investment partner ooo. I've always wished to invest in Agriculture. PM me pls if you think investing my capital will be profitable to both sides. Thnks

SECONDED smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
MnenaSadiku:
OP, thank you sooooo much for this thread. You are a blessing to your generation. Infact, I am greatly inspired. I'm based in Lagos & I know this is something I can do. I do not mind partnering with you, that is, if you don't mind.
what the OP did is great and inspiring. I base in lagos too and I would like to do this in big scale in future. Money dey this naija oh but we youths are blind and lazy to see this. Everybody wan dey office wear suit. sad

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Obynolee(f): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
obakovich:

U be idiot,y talk like that to the woman?

Which woman?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by GodMode: 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
Owliver:
what the OP did is great and inspiring. I base in lagos too and I would like to do this in big scale in future. Money dey this naija oh but we youths are blind and lazy to see this. Everybody wan dey office wear suit. sad

Just buy one male and female goat, ram.e.t.c

Take care of the animals and let them birth offsprings..

Buy land with lots of weed..

Build a small bungalow on the land for administrative duties.

Look for livestock buyers..

Increase your prices during festive seasons..

Smile to the bank.

Repeat the above annually...

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
GodMode:

Just buy one male and female goat, ram.e.t.c

Take care of the animals and let them birth offsprings..

Buy land with lots of weed..

Build a small bungalow on the land for administrative duties.

Look for livestock buyers..

Increase your prices during festive seasons..

Smile to the bank.

Repeat the above annually...
thanks for this but I meant BIG SCALE? One where I'll even employ hausa man to manage it together with me. When the time comes. Thanks again
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by GodMode: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Owliver:
thanks for this but I meant BIG SCALE? One where I'll even employ hausa man to manage it together with me. When the time comes. Thanks again

Every big company was once a small company...

I work from home... Does not mean I won't have a company in future if I want to own one.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
GodMode:

Every big company was once a small company...

I work from home... Does not mean I won't have a company in future if I want to own one.
hahaha honestly, I understand your point. But the starting point I would like to have should be a bigger one. In such business starting too little could be discouraging especially for the fact that your not in the north but south where almost everybody know little or no knowledge about such aspect of agriculture. Not every business require little capital except you want to wait many years before you see results.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by o42austino(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
This is just wonderful and greatly informative, @op,ur the bomb.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by delishpot: 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Liadi2:
I think we need to refer our girlfriend to this tread so that de can see Wat dere mate re doing

I hope you also see how the hubby is behind her too ba? Not To only notice the womans hussle and ignore the hubby's role a man is expected to play. Do you notice she is not doing it with baby strapped to her back? Many NL boys expect the woman to do it all. Go hussle, make my food, wash my clothes pay the bills and dont dare ask for my help in the home front shocked shocked A good wife/woman need the support of her man to achieve much.
I commend the OP but most importantly, I commend her husband, He is one in a million, he dug in with his wife and did not feel oppressed by her reliance on him to help in child care and helping her without feeling like his Ego is being thrown away. God bless him. A good wife is hard to find but a reliable husband is a rare gem indeed.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by GodMode: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Owliver:
hahaha honestly, I understand your point. But the starting point I would like to have should be a bigger one. In such business starting too little could be discouraging especially for the fact that your not in the north but south where almost everybody know little or no knowledge about such aspect of agriculture. Not every business require little capital except you want to wait many years before you see results.

A person can have enough capital and not make profit for years..

I started Internet marketing with nothing, but I made just over $100 in one year from nothing..

I'll be going into android apps soon and the highest amount I need is ₦6K(just to put it on the google play store cos it has millions of users) but I'll first try the free app stores.

The peeps that attended secondary school in Nigeria knows about agriculture.. they did it in school..

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
GodMode:

A person can have enough capital and not make profit for years..

I started Internet marketing with nothing, but I made just over $100 in one year from nothing..

I'll be going into android apps soon and the highest amount I need is ₦6K(just to put it on the google play store cos it has millions of users) but I'll first try the free app stores.

The peeps that attended secondary school in Nigeria knows about agriculture.. they did it in school..
your kind of business is online business and yes it can accommodate little or no capital. Am also into forex although not investing live for now but I can tell you such business can be started with 30$. These are online business you don't compare it with live stock agriculture, its two different ball game sire. And as for you last paragraph lol. Am a graduate of business administration and I can tell you a secondary school student cannot just survive in such business cos he read agriculture in school. As a graduate my approach to such live stock agriculture would be different from an illiterate no matter how good he/she is that's why I have an edge. There is enough science concerning such business which a ley man might not find important but are actually important. All these will take proper study and expertise learning to master... Like I said, not every business can survive with little capital. If your talking of buying and selling like the OP yes it can accommodate little capital of about 250k but when you want to properly invest my brother you need good cash. smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nowenuse: 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
Demmzy15:
Even though I'm a yoruba, I love Zamfara and Katsina States because they're one of the most peaceful Northern States! No riots, no bokoharam.

Alhamdullahi, Allahu AKBAR! grin cheesy

Zamfara is very much peaceful i agree, but Katsina on the other hand is not so peaceful.
The 2011 post election violence there was terrible.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by luvtoteach(f): 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
African women works hard to make things work especially Nigerian. Madam u are too much and may God enlarge and bless your business. My regards to lil angel and dad.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
tociano009:
God will surely Elevate you

Amen, Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by MnenaSadiku(f): 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
delishpot:

I hope you also see how the hubby is behind her too ba? Not To only notice the womans hussle and ignore the hubby's role a man is expected to play. Do you notice she is not doing it with baby strapped to her back? Many NL boys expect the woman to do it all. Go hussle, make my food, wash my clothes pay the bills and dont dare ask for my help in the home front shocked shocked A good wife/woman need the support of her man to achieve much.
I commend the OP but most importantly, I commend her husband, He is one in a million, he dug in with his wife and did not feel oppressed by her reliance on him to help in child care and helping her without feeling like his Ego is being thrown away. God bless him. A good wife is hard to find but a reliable husband is a rare gem indeed.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
lomprico:

Its true! Whenever there is an eclipse of the moon they start burning brothels n kill any one they see as infidel. So when ever there us one we be on our guards.
I was not even ready to say more that was why I gave him the "K"... People just sit their ass.es In south and have absolutely no knowledge of what's happening down there. A friend of mine schools in Niger state. He is a former muslim but now a xstian, he still bears the muslim name so people in his school know and many hate him, what's his sin? For converting. In fact they hate christians converts more that christians. Such mentality can only be eradicated through education but their leaders won't vie for that. Why do you think foreign investors never go to north? Even the few igbos who go there get killed when ever some one abuses their prophet in maybe switzerland(oyibo land o)... Agriculture alone won't sustain the north if they don't get educated and know eclipse of the sun/moon does not equate alllah's anger Looolz grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Mordyb: 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
searching4lovee:

Wow 15 goats at 1200 each? Do you mean goats or chicken?
1200 x15goats and considering you are a woman and a Christian they will be highly reluctant to sell to you but if they agree you will have bigger livestock with a good profit margin
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mordyb:
1200 x15goats and considering you are a woman and a Christian they will be highly reluctant to sell to you but if they agree you will have bigger livestock with a good profit margin
now see another religious madness that will continue to scare agricultural investors from them. Lmao* I need to slap war lord usman yan,sh dan fodio seriously. undecided losers
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Sunymoore(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
gemiclem:

mine bought hers ₦3,500 (waybill...she didn't go herself) at kano
Awesome! Mine is in Damaturu
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nowenuse: 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
This thread in a way is for those silly Southernerns (especially Niger deltans n Igbos) who like to call the Northerners & middlebelters parasites.....

Northernerns damn contribute to this country with their hard labour, tilling & sweating the ground while all those Niger deltans, just because they are blessed with oil & gas rescources which they did not spend their own private money n sweat to develop, they keep running their mouths anyhow.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
To God be the glory...

On behalf of my Perfect Gentle Man, My Beautiful Daughter and Myself, We will like to say a big thank you to the Mods, Nairalanders and all my clients both Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Thanks for your support and prayers. We love you all.

Please I'm at the farm now, I will definitely attend to every body as soon as I'm done.
Remain Blessed...
Ibijoke O.M

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nowenuse:
This thread in a way is for those silly Southernerns (especially Niger deltans n Igbos) who like to call the Northerners & middlebelters parasites.....

Northernerns damn contribute to this country with their hard labour, tilling & sweating the ground while all those Niger deltans, just because they are blessed with oil & gas rescources which they did not spend their own private money n sweat to develop, they keep running their mouths anyhow.
well, I agree with them. In as much as I don't want to turn this thread to tribal bashing thread. The igbos and yorubas and northerners are all hardworking people. Tell me the region that has the highest beggers and poverty stricken population let's determine who is lazy. You have agriculture more because you have more land areas? How many farm land can lagos accommodate? Its tight. NDeltans are blessed by oil and are also blessed by fishing skills, igbos are business oriented, yorubas are more educated and involved in service industry why north has large are of land hence the farming. So pls your assertion is wrong and baseless. smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Orubebe01:
Forano
lala247
rokiatu
nneka123
U people are highly needed here.

Hmmmdont rlly knkw wt to say smiley undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond) / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.