Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (122089 Views)

Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by niggi4life(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
lestat:
@OP after reading this I get up and stare at my fiancée who is always about human hair this, spar day that, ..and now she wants a samsung galaxy S6 next week blah,blah blah and I have a deep rethink... angry
grin am sure by now you will be having a rethink about the relationship, abeg no break up with am o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
anonimi:

Catered4 thanks for sharing.

I think you should be doing extensive RESEARCH on options for moving up the value chain aiming at packaging the food items PROPERLY and attractively for supermarkets, restaurants etc.

The reality is that the middle class is growing again and as people get more jobs they will need greater CONVENIENCE that they are ready to pay a little extra for.

May the good Lord continue to bless your hustle and please keep sharing to motivate others such that even the economy of these remote northern areas are also impacted with possible reduction in idleness of their youth for easy enrolment with Boko Haram.

Amen. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
fostermd:
Nice thread,very informative and encouraging.
Kudos to Catered4,you will certainly go places.
God bless you and your family

Amen, Thank you sir smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
chidexy:

@OP good work you are doing. It's not exactly the way they described it. Most food vendors (mostly road side) sell jaki meat alongside others. You get what you prefer. They have jaki meat separate from cow or goat meat and both are not prepared together.

Besides, you wouldn't be eating at a roadside buka. That's how erroneously stereotypes develop. By the way I come from ebonyi state

Oh ok sir grin
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by aaidel(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
where is the guy with 1100 job applications let him come and do apprentice for madam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by jasper7(m): 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
anonimi:

Catered4 thanks for sharing.

I think you should be doing extensive RESEARCH on options for moving up the value chain aiming at packaging the food items PROPERLY and attractively for supermarkets, restaurants etc.

The reality is that the middle class is growing again and as people get more jobs they will need greater CONVENIENCE that they are ready to pay a little extra for.

May the good Lord continue to bless your hustle and please keep sharing to motivate others such that even the economy of these remote northern areas are also impacted with possible reduction in idleness of their youth for easy enrolment with Boko Haram.
In as much as this wasn't meant for me, you still quoted me. and I think that gives me right to quote you back grin Incredible one. full of wisdom. I hope some youths pick up ideas

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by anonimi: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
jasper7:

In as much as this wasn't meant for me, you still quoted me. and I think that gives me right to quote you back grin Incredible one. full of wisdom. I hope some youths pick up ideas

You started the idea I simply expanded it.

Cheers.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Fisayo1212: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Give us ur no ma
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by baye2023(m): 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
I cant believe i actually read through all the pages to this stage...My first time tho...Women like you still gives of joy of Real Womanhood...God bless your family nd your husband for supporting you...If you still have a younger sister not married yet i wont mind having her as my wife tho...No jokes..This too F*cking beautiful not to Appreciate..Ata jere ooo

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by FarmTech(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
torkaka:
. . . . . . .this thread has been endorsed by the blue blooded torkaka grin . . . . . . .wish all these brazilian hair attaching, Iphone using, sharwama eating and chewing gum chewing city big girls can visit this thread and see what a real woman is all about . . . . . . VERY IMPRESSED
Ya, I love that part "Real Woman". The bible described her in Proverb 31:10. @Op be bless in Jesus name and keep it up. Many people these days interpret hardwork as suffering.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by DExplorer1: 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
plaetton:

You hit the nail on the head bros.
Agricultural production, processing, distribution and marketing can easily absorb 10-20 million unemployed Nigerians.
If you can buy something in one state, transport it to another state to make a profit, then why are people claiming they can't find a means to earn a decent living ?
I think the 'dirty jobs' doesn't appeal to our supposed educated graduates and there lies the money in most cases. I'm always enticed by the profit margin of some farm produce after all the works are done, it's worth every sweat drop.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by FarmTech(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
GodMode:

The north is already rich, look at the amount products in her pictures then imagine the amount of farmers.

But, its just like the dog business.. All one needs is a male and female goat, cow/bull, donkey e.t.c and the business will boom..

My female dog gives birth to 6 puppies twice yearly..

Imagine having ranch with goats, bull, cows e.t.c.

This business will be very profitable in the south.. Cos there is abundance of grass and weed..

If south takes agriculture seriously... The north will go out of business.
The problem in the south when it comes to cows is tse tse fly. But I don't know it it's still a problem.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by TOPAI7(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
I am really impressed by your courage and strong spirit to succeed. When i read your write up and findings on Onion i was like whao, but with this i am overwhelmed. May God crown the works of your hand. I will like to know more about Maradi.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by braimeddy: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
This is the 1st time I'm reading every page in this forum. Inshort madam! I'm highly impressed at what u re doing. We have really learn a lot from ur experience and I blive most of us here will not b same after reading ur thread. Pls keep it up and God bless ur effort.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Whao!! This is splendid!!! I prefered to be a guest on Nairaland after the Cyber attack but I am compelled to register and comment on this.. I wish our young ladies and men who are dreaming of non existent white collar jobs take a cue from you... May God bless you richly, reward your hard work, keep you, protect guide and enlarge you real good.... I am more than impressed with this. Keep it up!!! As per the donkeys, I saw some one wrote how its eaten in Ebonyi-not only in Ebonyi but also in Enugu in fact there is an abbattoir for that purpose in the axis I visited.
You will get to hear from me soonest!!! Regards to your family

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by FarmTech(m): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
Catered4:

Hello sir. Its N25,000. Amen...
Pls how about a horse?
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by FarmTech(m): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Catered4:
KEBBI STATE

ONIONS

Aleiro has the biggest onion market in Nigeria/West Africa. I buy from the farmers hoping to have my own farm soon. Due to the weight of the onions (125kg), the onions cant be bagged in the farm. I employ the services of the donkey (Mai Jaki) to carry my onions to the park where it will be packed into the sac of my choice (125kg, 100kg, 50kg, 25kg) as seen in the pictures.

Picture 1-------- My packed 50kg onions though not fully packed. Still waiting for the raffia to be placed on it.

Picture 2------- A donkey carrying my clients onions from the farm to the park. Each donkeys carries 300 t0 400 bulbs of onions which is equivalent to a bag though depending on the size of the onions anyway.

Picture 3-------- My hubby and daughter about to take a donkey ride to the farm since our car cant go in lol.

Picture 4--------- One of the donkey carrying my clients onions to the park. Lol don't mind that boy (my brother in-law) behind...
Donkeys can carry far more load on a cart than on their back (I can't view pics on my phone due to lack of MB, so I dont know if they're carrying load on back or cart. But cart will be more economical and time-saving).

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by emperoracro(m): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
mcrol:
@catered4, I am willing, keen and determined not just to work but to also follow and learn. pls I don't want to go into stories Co's I'm sure u know how frustrating and choiceless the life of joblessness and idleness could be. please help me out and I will forever remain indebted to u... even if your wagon is full I Am still sure u can still link me up with another driver who will always take me there (proverb ).

looking forward to hearing from you........
God bless you real good.

Call me on +2348136909187, lets talk. kind off love u straightforwardness

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
FarmTech:

Donkeys can carry far more load on a cart than on their back (I can't view pics on my phone due to lack of MB, so I dont know if they're carrying load on back or cart. But cart will be more economical and time-saving).

Hello sir,
I agree with you sir. Here there are no donkey with cart. The donkeys carry load on their back. You will find such in Niger Republic borders.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
FarmTech:

Pls how about a horse?

Hello sir,
A horse starts from 300,000 naira.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
kachnov:

Well said,during the elections in phc,not even a single water melon mallam in my neighborhood. Now I'm glad they're all back and fruits is in abundance .
We all need each other in Nigeria,let's move away from ethnicity ànd tribalism and explore the potentials of our diversity .@ catered4 God bless you and your supportive family.

Amen, Thank you sir
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Obynolee:

Thanks for the information,how much does 50kg of onions cost in Aliero?

Hello sir,
Its 3500.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Noah69:
@OP @catered4 how long does it take you to bring the stuff to Lagos?

Hello sir,
It takes maximum of 2 days sir.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Obynolee:

See how you reason,he just mentioned a state in the East and you generalise it

Please explain in details how i reasoned ooo
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
PUSH1:
I am excited at this Ma. May God bless your hustle. May I contact you anytime I wish to know more? Sincerely.

Amen, Thank you sir.
You can call me sir.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
nagoma:

I appreciate the sense of enterprise I see with you and respect you and your family. God bless you and your business. I only wished that those hides and skins were used for leather goods production, shoes,bags etc and not for consumption. But is oppose that's none of your business.

Hello sir,
You've said it all, its none of my business.
I say amen to your prayers. Thank you sir.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
hybeenoni:
@ catered4 I know u will rememba diz guy from ibadan, plz ma hw can u connect me to the tomatoes farmers in zamfara?

Plz madam dnt ignore me?

Lol Mr. Ibrahim,

Let me know when you are setting off to zamfara.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
prettyrosiemua:
It's prolly going to Ebonyi state. It's kinda a delicacy in some part of the state. God bless ur effort ma'am

Thank you ma
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
iamord:
u look like a tireless worker. A real African woman! Am impressed and you inspire me to be more industrious.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by masties2(f): 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
God bless you madam. Will contact u soon. U encouraged me on the onions business thread but now am even more fired up. Thanks once again.. regards to the family

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
chiogoezubem:

Hey!!! I'm here too ooooo! I'm in Lagos, and I also like better thing o grin grin

grin grin grin grin See you in lagos soon ma

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
eagleeyez:

You are focused and very hardworking. God will bless u abundantly. I don't know u but soooo happy and proud of you.

What made you go into it, how do u get clients, and how is the business.... Am sure u are making profit. Wish I can be like u but no time!

Thank you sir/ma. All the answers are in my first post on the business section.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond) / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.