Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,525 members, 7,801,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI (37877 Views)

I’ll Do Everything Necessary To Secure Oil Facilities In Niger Delta — Buhari / Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari / 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by lalasticlala(m): 12:27am On Apr 21, 2015
MAIDUGURI—THE President-elect General Muhammadu Buhari, rtd, Sunday said his administration would accord priority to ending the Boko Haram insurgency to bring stability in the north east geopolitical zone as well as focus on re-activating the Lake Chad.

Buhari however said that his third priority would be to deploy the enormous resources in the region through vigorous search for oil along the Chad Basin and parts of Borno State.

He spoke at his residence in Kaduna while responding to requests made by Governor Kashim Shettima, the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai Elkanemi and some elders of the state who formed the delegation from Borno State that travelled to pay him a congratulatory visit.
Buhari said he was very much aware of the problems of the north east region and would not waste time in resolving them one after the other.
On Boko Haram, he said his administration will enhance collaboration with neighbouring countries governments like Chad, Niger and Cameroon to curtail the trans- border movements of Boko Haram insurgents, adding that this would lead to the cutting off of supply of arms, recruitment and training of fresh combatants for the insurgents.
According to him, the stability of the north east was a must project for his administration even as nothing could be achieved unless peace was restored to the troubled region.

The President-elect also assured the delegation that the issue of the receding of Lake Chad would be tackled through the transfer of water from the central African Republic to the lake to boost its use for fishing and irrigation farming. He recalled that he once read a document which raised fears over the receding of the Lake Chad and handed same over to then President Olusegun Obasanjo, pointing out that he was coming in as President, he will handle the matter frontally as the Lake had the potentials to create millions of jobs through irrigation and many other commercial uses it had been associated with over the years.

Buhari said he had suggested many years ago, the need to take the search for oil in the north seriously not only to increase the export potentials of Nigeria but also to balance cross regional perceptions and manage agitations so as to enhance the stability of the country. He promised to pay special attention to the economic potentials of the northeast so as to make it attractive for investments.

Governor Kashim Shettima who led the delegation had earlier said that they visited Buhari to congratulate him over his historic victory at the polls. and to also remind him of problems affecting Borno State which he already knew.

Shettima said the people of Borno felt attached to Buhari given his background as someone that served as military governor in the state, adding that the citizens looked up to him with so much hope because he was very much familiar with their problems.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/3-things-ill-do-for-troubled-north-east-buhari/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 21, 2015
Ride on MR president!!!!we believe you change is here.......i am waiting for the children of hate to come and open their dirty dustbin they call mouth to vommit their stupidity and insult their father..........like this dumb im*becile below....

Trailblazer1:
indeed talk is cheap

Buhari should just swap the Northeast with America to make the change faster and more feasible.

Baba One chance
i understand the reason why you hate buhari,your uncle promised you to sponsor you to go and get educated in abroad if goodluck jonathan should win the election because he is expecting a contract from the jonathan led administration,but since jonathan lost. to buhari there is nothing for your uncle anymore and he will not be able to sponsor your education anymore and now that is why you are frustrated like a crazy animal,you are crying,crying and crying like a two months old baby that wants a milk br*east...keep crying,when you are through please let us know.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Sandydayz(f): 12:35am On Apr 21, 2015
This man dey talk o....
May 29 is on it's way....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Trailblazer1(m): 12:36am On Apr 21, 2015
indeed talk is cheap

Buhari should just swap the Northeast with America to make the change faster and more feasible.

Baba One chance

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Trailblazer1(m): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2015
wakacome:
Make i quote you down before you begin yarn dust

You never disappoint
Kontinu
wakacome:
Ride on MR president!!!!we believe you change is here.......i am waiting for the children of hate to come and open their dirty dustbin they call mouth to vommit their stupidity and insult their father..........like this dumb im*becile below....

i understand the reason why you hate buhari,your uncle promised you to sponsor you to go and get educated in abroad if goodluck jonathan should win the election because he is expecting a contract from the jonathan led administration,but since jonathan lost. to buhari there is nothing for your uncle anymore and he will not be able to sponsor your education anymore and now that is why you are frustrated like a crazy animal,you are crying,crying and crying like a two months old baby that wants a milk br*east...keep crying,when you are through please let us know.

18 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Make i quote you down before you begin yarn dust
Please stop having a serious relationship with stupidity.

11 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by PPAngel(f): 12:52am On Apr 21, 2015
wakacome:
Please stop having a serious relationship with stupidity.

Let him be!

Why can't you janjawiids stomach critism of your god Ayatollah Pa Buhari?

By the way, why does this illiterate think everything plaguing this Nation can be solved with oil money?

67 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by braine(m): 12:52am On Apr 21, 2015
Okay, sir.
Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by fitzmayowa: 12:53am On Apr 21, 2015
We can only hope for the best, from the incoming administration of APC/Buhari, but too many promises will raise the expectation of nigerians so high that any deviation from that will be seen as disappointment from APC...

I would prefer less talk/promise and more actions/results, election campaign is over no need of making so much promises anymore...IMO

13 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 21, 2015
PPAngel:

Let him be!

Why can't you janjawiids stomach critism of your god Ayatollah Pa Buhari?

By the way, why does this illiterate think everything plaguing this Nation can be solved with oil money?
Cry of a looser.

20 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Firefire(m): 12:54am On Apr 21, 2015
undecided

Baba One CHANCE, keep talking per second grin

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by sparkleboy(m): 12:55am On Apr 21, 2015
What can I say than to wish pa Buhari GOODLUCK

Talk less baba one chance

#babanowthatyouarethere!

It's lala's thread.
Fp sure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Scholes007(m): 12:56am On Apr 21, 2015
oo
Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Sweetguy25: 12:56am On Apr 21, 2015
Like Mike Tyson said - Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face. grin Dear Buhari, let the IOCs do the exploration and prospecting. Don't waste Niger Delta money on a such a futile venture. What happened to the economic diversification your party promised? Also, you must have heard that Boko Haram now has the backing of the wealthy ISIS and other terrorist groups. You have a bigger problem than you've imagined. Finally, you should endeavor to tell your people to go to school and get an education. Every economic plan you have for them will be worthless if they can't read or write. Thank you.

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by PPAngel(f): 12:57am On Apr 21, 2015
wakacome:
Cry of a looser.

Between me and you who has lost the use of their facualties? And what makes a change chanting zombie muhajadunce a winner?

Pls list your winnings for us to see

Jabnjawiid

24 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Firefire(m): 12:58am On Apr 21, 2015
fitzmayowa:
We can only hope for the best, from the incoming administration of APC/Buhari, but too many promises will raise the expectation of nigerians so high that any deviation from that will be seen as disappointment from APC...

I would prefer less talk/promise and more actions/results, election campaign is over no need of making so much promises anymore...IMO

6 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 21, 2015
PPAngel:

Between me and you who has lost the use of their facualties? And what makes a change chanting zombie muhajadunce a winner?

Jabnjawiid
Cry me a river...keep crying,when you are through let me know.....

7 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Firefire(m): 1:00am On Apr 21, 2015
Sandydayz:
This man dey talk o....
May 29 is on it's way....

Na parrot now!

17 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Yasher: 1:02am On Apr 21, 2015
Hausawa su ka ce we: Baki abun magana. Kuma magana jari ce.
Everybody can talk. Mr President What we want to see is action from the outset.

But first, have we paid the N27M we borrowed to buy our Presidential form?
Also, what is the plans to restore bank of the North that we sucked dry financing our previous failed presidential ambition

Just asking sha...

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Ngasky(m): 1:02am On Apr 21, 2015
Ride on Mr. President

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by RealAlfranco: 1:11am On Apr 21, 2015
I mean if Buhari can just shut up and quietly CHANGE things like he and his cohorts promised,that'll be great. And personally,I hope he delivers... And truth be told, NorthEast needs more than 3 things abeg.

I just hope Buhari's gang won't spectacularly f*ck things up. I trust da man,not his friends.

9 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by abduljabbar4(m): 1:22am On Apr 21, 2015
Yes oo. Buhari you will be the best president of Nigeria so far though we want to have those that will perform better than you in future. If they like let them say that you talk too much. Let them insult. They are as usless as a burnt paper. We voted for you so forget those sore losers who don't mean well for Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by abduljabbar4(m): 1:25am On Apr 21, 2015
Firefire:

Na parrot now!
Find your name in this wonderful list

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by jamex93(m): 1:56am On Apr 21, 2015
baba carry go

u get full support

haters can qwench

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by tunshe: 2:25am On Apr 21, 2015
Trailblazer1:
indeed talk is cheap

Baba One chance

Cry cry baby!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by tunshe: 2:29am On Apr 21, 2015
RealAlfranco:
I mean if Buhari can just shut up and quietly CHANGE things like he and his cohorts promised,that'll be great. And personally,I hope he delivers... And truth be told, NorthEast needs more than 3 things abeg.

I just hope Buhari's gang won't spectacularly f*ck things up. I trust da man,not his friends.

Your choice of words is devoid of morals, can you tell your daddy to just shut up?

1 Like

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by tunshe: 2:31am On Apr 21, 2015
PPAngel:

Jabnjawiid

shocked shocked shocked
Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by tunshe: 2:35am On Apr 21, 2015
Firefire:
undecided

^^^ Don't blame a man whose dad was promised an appointment should PDP wins and his dad has promised to sponsor him to China to import containers of sardines and he has also promised his girlfriend that he's gonna open a sardines store. The girlfriend has also promised her family of "bye bye" to poverty and the girlfriend's brother has impregnated a girl with a promise of becoming the manager of sardines store.....

When the chain reaction flows back to Firefire, you can imagine the pain with which he comments on nairaland whenever he sees GMB or Buhari.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by ionsman: 2:37am On Apr 21, 2015
Talks like this angers the TANoids.They know buhari will make an excellent president,but they just have to rubbish his promises. .Talk about trying to stay relevant.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by mrpackager(m): 2:58am On Apr 21, 2015
me i PRAY SO ...oooo

1 Like

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by codedslayer: 3:19am On Apr 21, 2015
Firefire:
undecided

Moronic dingbat, jobless mofo shouting gej till 2098.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I’ll Do For Troubled North East — BUHARI by Owoloku1: 4:40am On Apr 21, 2015
Our president has spoken

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Buhari Meet At The AU 31st Meeting In Mauritania / Oshiomhole Campaigns For Buhari In Edo. Shades Atiku (Photos) / Rashida Bello Doles Out N1m Each To Security Aides, Domestic Staff, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.