Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (70798 Views)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Xenophobia: Mtn's Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 3:53am On Apr 21, 2015
Firefire:
MTN, can you please keep your job loss warning. angry

Nigerians are not barbaric, we have no plans of attacking MTN facilities anywhere on our soil.

But we are sending our strong warnings to South African government to take a decisive action against the senseless action of your vampires, no country has monopoly of violence.

Let MTN Nigeria pass the message across in strong terms.
I came across a topic called GIVE SOUTH AFRICANS A BREAK NIGERIANS ARE WORSE.........some Nigerians told nothing but the truth about the Nigerians....so cut the act of judging!!!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by victoradeeko(m): 3:58am On Apr 21, 2015
chuksmarvin:
The sweet bitter truth is he is right! And we have ourselves to blame.
I hold no affiliation to mtn!. But can you really tell a private business to go and solve its home country government responsibilities? ?..come on!
Its like Cameroon sending dangote packing because boko haram from nigeria attacked them or telling him to go and solve it first.
We condemn the attack yes, but mtn can do nothing besides what its doing which is publicly condemning it to be candid.
And if you are to make a list of the sponsored projects and jobs that mtn indirectly creates we ll see that though they re getting rich off us, we aint totally losing at all. From mtn proj fame to thousand others ...They ve always been the first to start them.
Our govt can get more from them by strengthening our own telecomms to loosen the monopoly but until then, they are a necessary evil and rightly so!!

You were making sense until you got to the 'they sponsore a lotta projects like mtn project fame' really? You sounded like a secondary school kid there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 4:11am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

MTN operates in the middle east now and is also heading towards eastern Europe with an immense dominance. You kick it out, you suffer especially from the fact that other providers offer you half baked services. The Africas biggest economy will be adversely affected by this move in terms of the growth which will be seen crumbling down especially that now oil is not doing good in the international market. It will not even take five years to recover from such a fall, it could take up to twelve years.
That is half the truth of anything importance in your post. The nations in the Middle East where MTN is operating are likely Iran and Syria (is at war), in Europe is Cyprus and their combined growth is not even as high as that of Nigeria. Please, get your facts straight before coming here to support your overrated telecommunication company. The people know your country has properties in those African nations yet kill the citizens who are living in their land. That is a senseless and primitive thing to do. You are turning a blind eye to the issue at stake while taking your bag of rip-off MNT as unavoidable whereas it is not. We are ready to sacrifice for the better of humanity. You can't just go about killing people in your country and expect to be patted on the shoulder because your country has companies that employ and pay workers outside its borders. You are all i d i o t s to say the least!

You are joking! It will take another better telecommunication company Nigerian government refuses to favor because of MNT being an African business to absorb the consequences of MTN pulling out of the Nigerian economy. Let me sound this clear, Nigerian economy is big enough at the moment to attract good telecommunication from the West if the government court it.

I say boycott MTN and let them go to other countries in the Middle East and Europe which they hold their citizens important in South Africa while Africans must be killed in any manner. Dude, you better f**k of this forum. It is not South Africa's.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Adesiji77: 4:16am On Apr 21, 2015
ceejay4real:
The Buhari government should as a matter of urgency nationalize MTN, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Multichoice Nigeria (DSTV & GOTV) & Shoprite as soon as practicable immediately he's sworn in as President. I hate South Africans like shit cos of the way they look down on Nigerians. Yes, I know what am saying cos I worked with them in Stanbic IBTC. Enough of all this NONSENSE! South Africa must go!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!

Bros, you don vex o
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by dwayni: 4:16am On Apr 21, 2015
WTF
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mzilakazi(m): 4:23am On Apr 21, 2015
I just wish Nigeria to take this bold step and see the implications. Let them kick out MTN and see SA as the biggest importer of Nigeria's oil in Africa also cutting down or cancelling their import of oil from Nigeria. America had already reduced their import of Nigeria's oil and another blow from SA will further deal them an immense loss.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Clementoke(m): 4:26am On Apr 21, 2015
Pls, Let's be calm brothers. It isn't their fault at all. Let's also join hands to build our country so that they will know that SA is not heaven.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mzilakazi(m): 4:27am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:

That is half the truth of anything importance in your post. The nations in the Middle East where MTN is operating are likely Iran and Syria (is at war), in Europe is Cyprus and their combined growth is not even as high as that of Nigeria. Please, get your facts straight before coming here to support your overrated telecommunication company. The people know your country have properties in those African nations yet kill the citizens who are living in their land. That is a senseless and primitive thing to do. You are turning a blind eye to the issue at stake while taking your bag of rip-off MNT as unavoidable whereas it is not. We are ready to sacrifice for the better of humanity. You can't just go about killing people in your country and expect to be patted on the shoulder because your country has companies that employ and pay workers outside its borders. You are all i d i o t s to say the least!

You are joking! It will take another better telecommunication company Nigerian government refuses to favor because of MNT being an African business to absorb the consequences of MTN pulling out of the Nigerian economy. Let me sound this clear, Nigerian economy is big enough at the moment to attract good telecommunication from the West if the government court it.

I say boycott MTN and let them go to other countries in the Middle East and Europe which they hold their citizens important in South Africa while Africans must be killed in any manner. Dude, you better f**k of this forum. It is not South Africa's.

Chief!!! remember SA support your oil sales and they are your most lucrative client in Africa. Losing such a client will deal you a massive blow.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:
I just wish Nigeria to take this bold step and see the implications. Let them kick out MTN and see SA as the biggest importer of Nigeria's oil in Africa also cutting down or cancelling their import of oil from Nigeria. America had already reduced their import of Nigeria's oil and another blow from SA will further deal them an immense loss.
Nonsense! You forget that oil is more important in global trade than telecommunication. China needs oil and Nigeria can sell to that nation at OPEC price. You need to know that your country is largely at a deficit to Nigeria in trade. The margin is so wide that is it up to 50% deficit or thereabout.

You don't really know how economy works. The fact, that MTN Nigeria is not fully owned by South Africa means the Nigerian government can easily privatized it regardless of the MOU signed by both nations not to do so. You are just another barbaric South African who doesn't think before acting. That is the reason Zulus took to the street in their xenophobia killing people. That nation is a big disgrace to Africa and it is a shame many of you don't know the gravity of the crimes. They will be the evils that will haunt your generation to come. They are included in the records to those they committed in the past

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Babygod: 4:34am On Apr 21, 2015
tongue tongue :Pwhen you close shop,people will loose their Jobs,MTN eill loose their market dominance in the largest market in africa,their major money spinner is gone, South Africa also lose the revenue bring repatrated into their coffers by mtn, so na who e pain pass ? :Pwhen you close shop,people will loose their Jobs,MTN eill loose their market dominance in the largest market in africa,their major money spinner is gone, South Africa also lose the revenue bring repatrated into their coffers by mtn, so na who e pain pass ?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Bonuwa: 4:36am On Apr 21, 2015
And so wat?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tsdarkside(m): 4:37am On Apr 21, 2015
do you now see,how white-people can lie...do you believe that they employ 500,000 Nigerians...i say shut down everything,that white-people own in africa,and send them back home to europe,mugabe style.... angry angry angry.....all of them...

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tsdarkside(m): 4:41am On Apr 21, 2015
did you noticed,that igbos and south-africans have the same flat-heads..??
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nig4Greatness: 4:43am On Apr 21, 2015
See insult upon injury....Mtn is even threatening Nigerian with sack as if their 6000 workforce have been the ones feeding us.Na wa o for this country.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mzilakazi(m): 4:45am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:

Nonsense! You forget that oil is more important in global trade than telecommunication. China needs oil and Nigeria can sell to that nation at OPEC price. You need to know that your country is largely at a deficit to Nigeria in trade. The margin is so wide that is it up to 50% deficit or thereabout.

You don't really know how economy works. The fact, that MTN Nigeria is not fully owned by South Africa means the Nigerian government can easily privatized it regardless of the MOU signed by both nations not to do so. You are just another barbaric South African who doesn't think before acting. That is the reason Zulus took to the street in their xenophobia killing people. That nation is a big disgrace to Africa and it is a shame many of you don't know the gravity of the crimes. It will be the evils that will haunt your generation to come. They are included in the records to those they committed in the past

It doesn't matter, If SA cancel their import of oil from Nigeria which for now oil is their main and only means of survival, it will surely hurt them. China import most of their crude oil from Russia and hence they are not the biggest Nigeria's client, dummy. SA support your oil sales and so you cannot rule them out. You will be the most affected casualty at the end of the day and hopefully not the people of SA.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by dahfweshdude69: 4:45am On Apr 21, 2015
tsdarkside:

did you noticed,that igbos and south-africans have the same flat-heads..??
must you always drag igbos into everything?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by xreal: 4:48am On Apr 21, 2015
6,000?
Do they employ that much in nigeria?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by MduZA: 4:52am On Apr 21, 2015
When we talk investment in a country,this is what we are talking about...unlike barber shops and toy shops some people are beating their chests about...calling those investment
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Kelvin3028(m): 4:53am On Apr 21, 2015
Iffa hear! MTN, ur father!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

It doesn't matter, If SA cancel their import of oil from Nigeria which for now oil is their main and only means of survival, it will surely hurt them. China import most of their crude oil from Russia and hence they are not the biggest Nigeria's client, dummy. SA support your oil sales and so you cannot rule them out. You will be the most affected casualty at the end of the day and hopefully not the people of SA.

Another senseless post from you. China needs oil as the economy expands. There is sanction on Russian goods and there is no way China will not buy if Nigeria want to sell. The news that nobody wants Nigerian oil circulated the past is flawed and that is due to the fact USA stop buying oil because it produces enough to meet demand .

Where did I say China is Nigerian largest oil importer in any of my posts? India is at the moment and it can buy more that South Africa rejects or might want to halt during the battle. Take your cheap excuse to your Zulus in Townships and shove it in their primitive and smelling asses.

Your country is at trade deficit to Nigeria. Go and figure it out by yourself!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by babilicious: 4:58am On Apr 21, 2015
koligs:
IGBO phobia will soon start on Nairaland

Bad people

Say No to IGBO phobia
some pple choose to reason through their anus instead of brain..pls what does your response have to do with the post on MTN.....pple just like seeking unwarranted attention maybe as a result of hatred or insecurity....why mention igbos that are quietly minding their business and making positive remarks/ response on the issue of xenophobia and Mtn threats....Why can't you pple leave us alone and challenge your jealousy, hatred and insecurity somewhere else......hmmm
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 4:59am On Apr 21, 2015
MduZA:
When we talk investment in a country,this is what we are talking about...unlike barber shops and toy shops some people are beating their chests about...calling those investment
Barber shops, etc are micro forms of investment and Africa being a poor continent they remit a lot to the survival of the economy from that very perspective. They employ a lot of the locals.

Talking about big investments. Dangote is in the cement sector of your economy and other Nigerians. Please... You aren't making sense.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by iykeaniogbe(m): 5:03am On Apr 21, 2015
asadike:
Make una sell am to a nigerian
abiii we will raise a committee to look into dat.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:05am On Apr 21, 2015
vandalZA:
I came across a topic called GIVE SOUTH AFRICANS A BREAK NIGERIANS ARE WORSE.........some Nigerians told nothing but the truth about the Nigerians....so cut the act of judging!!!
This is what I called a load of sh*ts!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nkemjacob2(m): 5:07am On Apr 21, 2015
Obviously dis man no no weti e dey talk, e never jam were pple dey hijack property? Na go happen to mtn if care is taking.... Nd no person go dey jobless
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Hustoto: 5:09am On Apr 21, 2015
Mumu mtn, unlike dstv, we have better options like etisalat, airtel and glo. They would be happy to share MTN's market share of nigerian's population. Other telecom networks would even be happy to employ those 6000 workers to gain mtn's customer. So please leave our country. We can do without u. U have everything to lose. Nigeria is ur biggest market
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by HirstMOG(m): 5:11am On Apr 21, 2015
Who be this fool? Who will it affect more? Does this man knows what MTN make from this country? Infact both MTN, Shoprite and DSTV are going down!!!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by max4321: 5:12am On Apr 21, 2015
MTN should know that if it closes such opportunity it will also be on a losing side. Also that will give opportunity to other communication companies to rise. MTN will be shock at the. The loses they will have. Cos the company is making most of her money here. In addition I expected wiser response than this from MTN. Let MTN think through and stop this threat. Our cry against Xenophobia is not for Nigerians alone but all foreigners.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mzilakazi(m): 5:12am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:

Another senseless post from you. China needs oil as the economy expands. There is sanction on Russian goods and there is no way China will not buy if Nigeria want to sell. The news that nobody wants Nigerian oil circulating in the news in the past is flawed and that is due to the fact USA stop buying oil because it produces enough to meat demand .

Where did I say China is Nigerian largest oil importer in any of my posts? India is at the moment and it can buy more that South Africa rejects or might want to halt during the battle. Take your cheap excuse to your Zulus in Townships and shove it in their primitive and smelling asses.

Your country is at trade deficit to Nigeria. Go and figure it out by yourself!

China does not patronise your oil, dummy. India buys most of her oil from Russia and Iraq.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by YomaA(m): 5:13am On Apr 21, 2015
For me, dstv is even worse, my street alone has over 30 dstv dish outside nd worse of all dem dey increase subscription. .wtf! How much be minimum wage in nigeria? Now mtn dey mk noise about pipo losing job, abeg mk dem park well! Nigerians r like reptiles, we adapt easily, I tink its a necessary step.these xenophobic attack has been ongoing underground, it jst escalated from that silly comment from a zulu bushman king.they never liked us, they kill n rape foreigners, only dem dey repatrate person for silly reasons like yellow card, hotel bookings...the signs has always been there.at times like this, I wish we has abacha or obasanjo as president.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by ayaside(m): 5:13am On Apr 21, 2015
...And if MTN was YOUR employer,would you support the act that might make you jobless?Remember,it took you 12 years to get this job.The job has been providing for you and your family and the community.Nigerians better think again.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Mcowubaba: 5:15am On Apr 21, 2015
chuka5000:

Person kill ur ppl, insult ur country join and u dey speak yeye English. U no dey think well ni?

No.1 No Nigerian has been killed in dis recent xenophobia in SA
No.2 pls when, where nd how did MTN Nigeria insult Nigeria
I beg of u, pls tell me how MTN Nigeria support xenophobia or is funding violence against Nigerians anywhere
Is Mtn d only SA-owned company in Nigeria
Do u knw dat more than 90% of MTN Nigeria staff are Nigerians, including their GMD..
Do u knw hw many families benefit 4rm MTN recharge card business, distribution nd printing!!!
Don't get me wrong I am nt insinuating that MTN should be lawless bcuz of the aforementioned facts..
But Nigerians directing their anger, aggression nd bitterness to MTN is nefarious nd preposterous.....
I think is due to the innate chronic disdain the Nigerian populace posses for the unfortunate telecommunication service provider (MTN)...
I rest my case...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son / See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.