Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (70782 Views)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Xenophobia: Mtn's Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by smudge2079(m): 5:18am On Apr 21, 2015
Now MTN is appealing to our emotions, d moral of d story is, d government should make MTN sell off d company and go back to South Africa.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Seedorf009(m): 5:18am On Apr 21, 2015
Se na threat b dis or watin. their father.Bleep Mtn,screw shoprite,Bleep DSTV.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by HirstMOG(m): 5:18am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:

Another senseless post from you. China needs oil as the economy expands. There is sanction on Russian goods and there is no way China will not buy if Nigeria want to sell. The news that nobody wants Nigerian oil circulated the past is flawed and that is due to the fact USA stop buying oil because it produces enough to meat demand .

Where did I say China is Nigerian largest oil importer in any of my posts? India is at the moment and it can buy more that South Africa rejects or might want to halt during the battle. Take your cheap excuse to your Zulus in Townships and shove it in their primitive and smelling asses.

Your country is at trade deficit to Nigeria. Go and figure it out by yourself!

Gbam!!!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by totorimi: 5:19am On Apr 21, 2015
TO HELL WITH THAT THREAT. WE HAVE GLO AND OTHERS CAPABLE OF SERVING THE NATION. ANY FURTHER ATTACK ON ANY NIGERIAN IN THEIR SLAVE COUNTRY WE BURN DOWN ALL THEOR FACILITIES ACROSS THE NATION, MULTICHOICE AND SHOPRITE AND DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY DOD TO NIGERIANS YES LOOT SHOPRITE. IDIOT CANNIBALS MASQUERADING LIKE A DEVELOPED NATION.

WE NEED TO GIVE THEM A RAW TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE. THEY CANT COME AND BE MAKING BASTARD PROFIT YET THEY HATE US LIKE SHIT. TRULY IF WE DONT HIT ONE OF THEIR MAJOR TARGETS IT WILL BE GERY UNNIGERIAN OF US. JUST IMAGINE PEOPLE WE RESCUED FROM SLAVERY GOSH, SPITTING VENOM OUT PF MY MOUTH. IIJUST FEEL LIKE SEEING ANY SOUTH AFRICAN AROUND ME NOW.

I WILL BEHEAD THAT PERSON AND SEND THE SKULL TO JACOB ZUMS AS A PARCEL. BASTARD RETARDED IDIOTS. DONT KNOW WHY THE LET THEM OUT OF THE CAGE.
THE OYINBOS NEED TO COME BACK THERE BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL ANIMAL ZULIS WEARIMG ANIMAL SKIN AROUND THEM.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

China does not patronise your oil, dummy. India buys most of her oil from Russia and Iraq.
It is now I know you are talking out of your a s s. China and India do patronize Nigerian oil. Iraq is much more volatile than Nigeria that it would be difficult to guarantee steady flow. You don't know what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 5:24am On Apr 21, 2015
Sweetguy25:
MTN and other south african companies have condemned the events occurring in their country, I see no reason why we should cry more than the bereaved. Nigerian and Indian companies pay worse than MTN. Also, MTN makes a lot of money from Nigeria because of their highly effective business model. There's no point in showing them who's boss or whatever, that unreasonable and it should only happen on events that were caused by MTN.
3000likes
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by rileyy(m): 5:25am On Apr 21, 2015
Threatening us on our own land? So this wale goodluck guy sef na eediot. What if 1million got thrown outta job? With everyone dumping their soRry ass poor network, I see another company taking over and another optunity fot those to be re-employed again. The loss is going to be that of MTN becos nobody will re-fund their 15Bn dollars. So stop the threat and call ur dumb brother n sis to order

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nationwide1(m): 5:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Sweetguy25:
He who has ears. Irate Nigerians that are calling for the closure of MTN should understand the consequences. MTN is a law abiding company doing in business in Nigeria, the events occurring in their originating country shouldn't be used as an excuse to promote further divisions between the countries. They're a major stakeholder in the Nigerian economy and we should give them the respect they deserve. We should boycott Shell and other IOCs that degrade our environments with their business operations. Besides, its hypocrisy that a country like ours with a rich history of human rights abuses would seek revenge over acts human rights abuses in another country.
Sweet guy, if your relative(s) was / involved, would sing in this tune?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by onelife97: 5:28am On Apr 21, 2015
Is this a threat??
How I wish I was Nigerian president,Mtn LL b nationalized with immediate effect.
Only in Africa especially Nigeria someone can threaten our citizens without any consequence.

O God we need a change.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 21, 2015
vandalZA:
3000likes
Shm... Why should MNT threatens the people? Please, boycott South African products. Some Nigerians are sellouts!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mzilakazi(m): 5:29am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:
It is now I know you are talking out of your a s s. China and India do patronize Nigerian oil. Iraq is much more volatile than Nigeria that it would be difficult to guarantee steady flow. You don't know what you are saying.

India and China import most of their oil from Russia dummy. It makes sense about the distance and the convenience. Russia has also larger oil reserves than Nigeria.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by nationwide1(m): 5:29am On Apr 21, 2015
Sweetguy25:
He who has ears. Irate Nigerians that are calling for the closure of MTN should understand the consequences. MTN is a law abiding company doing in business in Nigeria, the events occurring in their originating country shouldn't be used as an excuse to promote further divisions between the countries. They're a major stakeholder in the Nigerian economy and we should give them the respect they deserve. We should boycott Shell and other IOCs that degrade our environments with their business operations. Besides, its hypocrisy that a country like ours with a rich history of human rights abuses would seek revenge over acts human rights abuses in another country.
Sweet guy, if your relative(s) was / were involved, would you sing in this tune? Death/ permanent disability and joblessness which one do you prefer.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by onelife97: 5:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Sani Abacha would b smilin wherever he is now.
In Sani's voice..O God bring back to helf my fifu.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

India and China import most of their oil from Russia dummy. It makes sense about the distance and the convenience. Russia has also larger oil reserves than Nigeria.
Your posts are senseless. If they import most of their oil from Russia as you claim. Does that mean they don't patronize Nigerian oil? Russia alone cannot supply the oil need of those two nations when it is under sanctions over Ukrainian crisis . For your information, India is Nigeria's largest oil importer at the moment. It is not about proximity but about price as well.

Please, don't forget to post your sources.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kraftykc(m): 5:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Law abiding company? Oh boy you dey use MTN so? They have the worse customer services and they joyously steal from customers. I will thankful when I see their backs.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by M4gunners: 5:35am On Apr 21, 2015
Chaii i only see a being afraid to lose his job and millions he is getting from MTN to God this Man is just after his belle not fighting for the people he claimed will lose job.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by cirmuell(m): 5:36am On Apr 21, 2015
Lol, see threat...holding us at the jugular grin. So even if they kill hundreds, we still can't do shii 'cause "you'll lock up and 6000 of our people will lose their job and another 500K will be affected"...okay.

What a government. sad
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by onelife97: 5:37am On Apr 21, 2015
This eediot Wale Goofluck should b a gud example what Nigerians can do to Safrican and their cronies.
Let's lynch wake goodluck wherever u find him,he is a sellout and a traitor too.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by YomaA(m): 5:38am On Apr 21, 2015
Mcowubaba:

No.1 No Nigerian has been killed in dis recent xenophobia in SA
No.2 pls when, where nd how did MTN Nigeria insult Nigeria
I beg of u, pls tell me how MTN Nigeria support xenophobia or is funding violence against Nigerians anywhere
Is Mtn d only SA-owned company in Nigeria
Do u knw dat more than 90% of MTN Nigeria staff are Nigerians, including their GMD..
Do u knw hw many families benefit 4rm MTN recharge card business, distribution nd printing!!!
Don't get me wrong I am nt insinuating that MTN should be lawless bcuz of the aforementioned facts..
But Nigerians directing their anger, aggression nd bitterness to MTN is nefarious nd preposterous.....
I think is due to the innate chronic disdain the Nigerian populace posses for the unfortunate telecommunication service provider (MTN)...
I rest my case...
Bros with all this ur facts, can we now call mtn a nigerian owned company? No! They r bloody rip offs
Some nigerians even have 2 mtn sims hence we dey help d bleeped up S.A economy.we dnt ve to wait till we lose a nigerian, we r giants in africa, africans shud be united in this cause.they need to be tot a lesson about symbiotic living, they need africa as much as africans needs dem.black on black violence, rest in peace martin luther king..wat about d dutch foreigners over there? Y arent they attacking dem as well? Africans shud learn to unite and live as 1.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tpiadotcom: 5:40am On Apr 21, 2015
“Then, when you look at our support chain, we have about 500,000 Nigerians gainfully employed. So, boycotting our services simply means destroying so many other Nigerian businesses and making over 500,000 other Nigerians to lose their jobs.

“This business supports a lot of businesses across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Many of the businesses that are affiliated to South Africa are in the retail space, supporting the growth of Nigeria and employing so many Nigerians.”

it does mean though, that should such ever happen (God forbid),at least one to two hundred thousand of that figure (500,000), will head abroad.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mzilakazi(m): 5:40am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:
Your posts are senseless. If they import most of their oil from Russia as you claim. Does that mean they don't patronize Nigerian oil? Russia alone cannot supply the oil need of those two nations when it is under sanctions over Ukrainian crisis . For you information, India is Nigeria largest oil importer at the moment. It is not about proximity but about price as well.

Please, don't forget to post your sources.

Currently, you get most of your revenues from SA support, like it or not.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tpiadotcom: 5:41am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

that simply does not make sense, but i dont blame you, Nigerians put themselves in such a position.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

You just got a flatulent post there! Your country is owing us a lot. It is at deficit in trade to Nigeria. Jeez!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 5:45am On Apr 21, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Imagine, MTN have only 6,000 Nigerian employees; with all the money they make from us. Gooooooooo, other network will expand and employ more than 10,000 new workers.
i.d.I.o.t.........!!!! 6000 that's the direct employment of MTN and 500 000 is been outsourced its not direct employment of MTN but their part of MTN.......its like hiring other companies to perform certain service as part of empowerment of other businesses.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 5:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Bollinger:
You know the easiest way to identify an unemployed Nairalander with no future prospects? He/she is the one who often clamours for death and destruction of life and especially property the most. If they can't have it then nobody should.
3000likes
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by bigtt76(f): 5:47am On Apr 21, 2015
Truth is that MTN Nigeria is a franchise to the parent company in South Africa. It's coming to Nigeria was anchored by the owner and former chairman of Diamond Bank Plc. Same thing obtains in Ghana where its anchored by Scancom Ghana. In other West African countries they bought over existing telecos.

In essence, attacking their facilities would mean attacking your own country man's investment. The profits are not 100% repatriated
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 21, 2015
vandalZA:
3000likes
What do you say of xenophobic Zulus killing people on the streets? Stop quoting silly sellout post to look intelligent when you are not.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 5:48am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:
I say boycott the loudmouth MNT of South Africa! angry angry angry
lolest 0likes!!!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by lagbaja(m): 5:49am On Apr 21, 2015
MTN should be delisted from the SA stock exchange and instead listed on the Nigerian stock exchange to make it a truly Nigerian company.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 21, 2015
bigtt76:
Truth is that MTN Nigeria is a franchise to the parent company in South Africa. It's coming to Nigeria was anchored by the owner and former chairman of Diamond Bank Plc. Same thing obtains in Ghana where its anchored by Scancom Ghana. In other West African countries they bought over existing telecos.

In essence, attacking their facilities would mean attacking your own country man's investment. The profits are not 100% repatriated
Quit what you are smoking. MNT Nigeria is 80% owned by a South African investment.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 5:50am On Apr 21, 2015
14:
Sorry, you say Nigerians are being killed. Tell me how many Nigerians have been killed.

As usual, too much noise no actions.

Xenophobia is over, nigerians are still making noise while people in SA are going by their daily lives.

You have bigger issues at home to tackle than to waste yo energy to a non issue.
10 000likes
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 21, 2015
vandalZA:
lolest 0likes!!!
cry cry cry cry cry angry angry . Smelling Zulu from the squalor of Township!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Sola David-Borha, The Highest Paid CEO In Nigeria Makes N484,931 Daily / 11 Reasons Why Most Bank Checks Are Being Dishonoured / Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.