Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. (92815 Views)

BloodLine / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / Bloodline........Prologue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2015
The van gently grinded to a halt about fifty metres away from the Philips mansion and the headlamps switched off. Nina took black cloth off Eric head and the light in the van made him to squint and blink a few times as he eyes started getting used to the light. Nina looked at him with a faint smile while he remained silent and stared ahead of him.

"Home sweet home.....", She began as she dropped the black cloth on the floor and looked at her wristwatch. "Eight-twenty pm.......wow you are quite late today....well am sure you can give them a good explanation.......tell them you had a date with your girlfriend........by the way, have you......".

"Yes i have broken up with her", Eric put in.

"That's good......now that is what i want you to always do Eric", Nina put a hand on his shoulder and rubbed it. "You do as i say and everyone get to have some peace........"

Eric said nothing with no expression on his face as Nina looked at him.

"Aw come on........don't feel bad.....after this job, you can still have any other girl over there in Metro-city", Nina continued, still rubbing his shoulder. "Or i could hook you up with one.......one who will even allow you do whatever you want with her", she smiled.

"Get your filthy hands off me before i break it", Eric murmured.

The smile on Nina's face faded as she slowly slide her hand from his shoulder to her laps.

"Are you really that mad at me?........boy i taught you a valuable lesson, which is to always listen and take instructions seriously because if you dont, things like these happen......to you and to the people close to you", Nina stated. "Or am i wrong?", she asked

Eric remained silent.

"Perhaps i even did you a very big favour......think about it".

Eric still remained silent.

Nina pursed her lips and slide the door of the van open.

"Oh one more thing.....", she began as she glanced outside van. "If the Philips take you to the hospital for any kind of check up, you play along.......no funny attitude or any of that stupid behaviour of yours that will raise any suspicion......just act natural. After the check ups you call me and tell me exactly what they did.......okay?......now get out!", she motion to him to get out of the van.

"Mommy is really angry with you Alex", Suzanne said to Eric; following him as he headed toward his bedroom. "You came back home late today. What happened?, we even called your phone several times but you didn't pick up", she continued.

Eric didn't say anything. He opened the door to his bedroom and quietly walked in. Suzanne stopped by the door and leaned against it's frame as she stared at him with her arms folded. It's being quite long since she had seen her brother in this mood; that was before he went missing. She thought that he had changed but it seems as if he is still the same. And it disappoints her.

Suzanne sighed. "Anyway am going back to bed. I hope you sleep well", she said and left, closing the door quietly.

Eric sat on the bed and picked up the laptop on it and lift it's lid. He gazed at the power button for a few seconds and pressed it. The device came to life with a low humming sound and the screen brighten up. He needs to do something, anything......anything that will keep his mind at ease because of everything that had happened to him earlier. And what he had found out.

What his mother said to him......what the woman whom he had always seen and thought to be his mother, said to him keep ringing in his head. The exact words she had said with her voice keep playing and replaying endlessly. Now he has some questions that need to be answered.

He was stolen. For what reason?, from who?, from where?. Who are his parents?, where do they live?.......who is really this woman he had been calling his mother for the past nineteen years and why would she take him away from his parents only to raise him as her own child?.

Eric ran the fingers of both hands through his waved hair. This must be a dream.....all these things, everything must be a dream, he thought. Maybe he is undergoing one of his psychotic episodes and seeing things that are not there. And will soon wake up from one of those damn blackouts, lying somewhere in his house in Metro-city with his mother beside him. Or perhaps he had finally gone mental......his mind dwelling in some illusion while his body is in a wheelchair in some mental institution and wasting away. All these things that are going on now; Nina's mission, seeing the picture of someone that has a striking resemblance of himself, Philips family, Lisa,.........and what his mother said. They all seem to be proof of that.

Then Eric looked at the laptop screen and saw he had two messages. Definitely from Chunky-guy and he don't want to check it because now is a very bad time to read something that will escalate his emotions further. As he clicked the internet icon to surf the web, the door to his room suddenly flies open and Agnes stomped into the bedroom.

"Where are you coming from?!", she barked at him. "I asked you a question!......where are you coming from?.....and will you get up when am talking, this useless boy!", she fumed.

'This is definitely reality', Eric thought to himself as he glanced at Agnes and ignored her as he continue doing what he was doing. He is now getting tired of this aging nagging meat-sack infront of him and this is not the time for her or anybody to barge into his room and make loud noises.

"Not only did you get yourself suspended from school, now you also think that you can do whatever you like in this house....go out whenever you want and come back anytime you want!",

Eric remained silent and wondered when she started caring about Alex's school activities.

"The worst thing is Barry supporting you......i have told him several times that your mental problem is not yet cured", Agnes continue fuming. "And instead of him to have you sent back to the hospital like i told him, he will never listen......just as he refused to listen to me when i warned him about adopting a baby probably from some lowlife in the street!".

Eric heard that and suddenly threw the laptop with full force at the wall beside Agnes. It's lid got separated from the rest when it hit the wall. It made Agnes to give out a shriek and stare at Eric with wide eyes and her mouth wide open. Then he got up from the bed wildly and stood infront of her; glaring down at her as she stared up at him. He was breathing hard. His body felt hot and slightly shaking with rage, all his muscles begging him to unleash some never seen before kind of fury and making promises of a fantastic job to be done if he just allowed his brain to relay the go ahead. But deep inside him was something. It was speaking with a soft whisper...... telling him to exercise restraint, to take steady deep breaths and calm down. It was speaking with a voice......the voice of Esther. He had heard it alot of times and sometimes he ignored it, especially in the heat of a bad situation. But now he is paying alot of attention to the voice because he is scared. Scared of the thoughts of losing the owner of that voice.

Agnes made for the door but Eric got there first and slammed the door shut. Then he picked up the broken laptop and glared at her as he tightened his grip on it. He could see the fear in Agnes eyes as she kept looking at him and glancing at the broken device he held; expecting the worst to happen to her.

"Before you leave this room......", Eric began quietly. "I want you to tell me one thing.......what do you really want from Alex?", he asked.

"What do you mean by what do i want from you", Agnes replied quietly, scared that her talking abit louder will attract a wrath delivered by a broken laptop computer.

"I said what do you really want from Alex?!", Eric asked again, abit louder this time and making Agnes to quiver. "What do you derive from all these belittling and name calling?......answer me!!", he barked at her. "Is it joy?.......enjoyment?......some goddamn validation of your position in this family?......what?".

Agnes stared at him in silence.

"Alex never begged to be adopted in this family in the first place", Eric continued. "Neither is he competing with you or anybody for anything in this house. All he ever wanted was a normal childhood just like the other kids.....so is that too much to ask for?.......all these hurtful things you have been saying to him without any reason, have you ever for once in your miserable life asked yourself how he feels about it?......woman, how do you even live with yourself?, how do you even sleep well at night?......tell me what even makes you better than him?!......oh, because you think he is an orphan?".

Agnes still remained silent with a downcast gaze.

Then the door opened slowly. Eric looked and saw Barry with the rest of the family standing at the door staring at him. Eric sighed and dropped the mangled laptop on the floor.

"Alex, i want to see you outside......in the balcony", Barry then said to Eric and left.

Eric glanced at Agnes who is now sobbing with downcast gaze and walked out of the room. Suzanne followed while Daniel and Victoria entered to comfort their mother.

Barry poured himself a shot in the glass from the brandy bottle and swallowed the drink. He sighed and glanced at Eric who was standing beside him; resting his elbows on the balcony handrail and staring ahead. The dim lighted place made his expressionless face quite unnoticeable. Barry poured another shot. He looked at Eric and offered him the drink. Eric looked at the glass in Barry's hand and then shifted his eyes to hi face.

"Go ahead.....you are not a little kid anymore", Barry said to him.

Eric took the glass and gulped down the drink with one swill. He stretched out the hand holding the glass to Barry.

"More.......please", he said to Barry.

Barry looked at him curiously and poured another shot in the glass with a smile.

"It's like you are having alot of stress lately son", Barry said as Eric gently let the hot drink to flow inside him. "One of the things that comes with growing up and being a man".

"Yeah.....", Eric muttered.

"And there are times it gets too much that you will feel like.....breaking something......doing some damage or hurting someone".

"Yeah.....tell me about it", Eric smiled.

Then Barry takes the glass from Eric and poured another shot in it. He held the glass close to his firm chest shown by the tight fitted white t shirt he wore and gazed at the night sky.

"But sometimes you have to exercise some restraint in your actions no matter how you feel son", Barry then said and sipped from the glass. "You shouldn't have done what you did in your room".

"So.....what's your point dad?, that i should just sit still and get berated?, that i should always be reminded of who i am and how i came to this family?", Eric asked.

"No my son".

"Then what?".

You did what you had to do son, i know that. But to smash things?........son, most of we the men folks always feel and want to do that but these kind of emotions are best left unexpressed because it had turned alot of us into wife beaters", Barry stated. "She is your mother even though you were adopted. Some of us had it worse and they were our real mother.......i told you about my own mother. Son, she was ten times worse. If i have to smash something for everytime she had made me feel terrible, then you will need freightliners to ship it away......I just let her know how i felt and even told her that i will stop visiting her".

Barry sighed. "That's what i want you to do son", he said. "And not trying to knockdown the building with a laptop computer to show her your anger because one day you might decide to use her to do the job........and every other women you will meet in your life".

Then Barry poured a shot and handed the glass to Eric and headed towards the glass door. Then he paused and looked at Eric.

"Oh i just keep forgetting to tell you this....." he began. "Mr Williams wants you to come to his hospital......he said you have to undergo some examinations and test", he said to Eric.

Eric remembered what Nina told him and said, "Oh okay......when are we going?", he asked.

"Whenever you feel it's the right time for you", Barry replied.

Eric thought for a while and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Dad.....can i ask you a question?", he said to Barry.

"Go ahead son",

"Whose idea was it?,.......i mean whose idea was it for me to go for the medical examination?",

"It was Mr Williams idea.....but if you don't want to go then no need".

"Who was also there when he suggested the idea?".

"Well......no one else was in the living except us...me and him......actually i initially objected because i didn't see any reason for it but i later agreed on our way to the golf course after he wouldn't shut up about it", then Barry looked at Eric curiously. "Why all the questions?.....is there anything wrong?".

"No dad.....", Eric replied. "One more thing........ you and Mr williams went to the golf course right?, did you drive the car?", Eric asked again.

"No.....i was drinking so i told Jim the chauffeur to drive us there", Barry answered and looked at Eric more curiously. "Son what is it?.......why all these questions", he asked.

"Nothing.....", Eric said with a smile and sipped the hot drink. "Just trying to remember something".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Seanixking: 11:58am On May 26, 2015
Jim Is The Mole..
Eric Gonna Smack Your Face Against The Wall
Thanks For The Update.
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by nellyme(f): 1:44pm On May 26, 2015
Jim u see ur life ...nyc update
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by mzzkismet: 11:02pm On May 26, 2015
nellyme:
Eric shot Blood of goat.....dnt die pls...ur strength I likey vewi much...
Ironkurtain sir...happy sunday

Mzkismet abeg we're u go hide Show face biko...

longest time o sis, aw av u bin, I no go hide for anywhere o....school just resumed though we were given a week as lecture free week cos of dis fuel palava. Aw tinz be for ur side, hope dis fuel scarcity no dey affect u.....gud nite

Oga ironkurtain weldone sir thanks for d updates..... following u bumper to bumper. this ur story is captivating.........I salute.

As for Nina make she dey enjoy d freaking monster power while it lasts......make Eric exercise patience, bt I pity Jim, even sympathizing with him ahead of his woes
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by nellyme(f): 3:16pm On May 27, 2015
mzzkismet:

longest time o sis, aw av u bin, I no go hide for anywhere o....school just resumed though we were given a week as lecture free week cos of dis fuel palava. Aw tinz be for ur side, hope dis fuel scarcity no dey affect u.....gud nite

Oga ironkurtain weldone sir thanks for d updates..... following u bumper to bumper. this ur story is captivating.........I salute.

As for Nina make she dey enjoy d freaking monster power while it lasts......make Eric exercise patience, bt I pity Jim, even sympathizing with him ahead of his woes

Welcome dear, we dey suffer small small hear but God dey...I still dey wait make oga update ooo. D tori dey sweet me wella. Enjoy oooo
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Jummyjagz(f): 11:42pm On May 27, 2015
Eeeeewwwww cry
i really wish d story wil just continue witawt stopping
#impatiently waiting
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Ashiat39(f): 9:12am On May 28, 2015
Wow! wow! wow! Wat a wondaful update, i realy realy lyk dis. More knwldg to ur brain
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Essyprity(f): 9:41am On May 28, 2015
I wonder and just wonder,if Nina would lay down her plans a little for Eric and Esther to take a look,she may not have to try so much with them. Agnes is just an embarrassment to women. You are getting better with each update. I really wanted to ask,why the name 'ironkurtain'
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 1:13pm On May 28, 2015
Essyprity:
I wonder and just wonder,if Nina would lay down her plans a little for Eric and Esther to take a look,she may not have to try so much with them. Agnes is just an embarrassment to women. You are getting better with each update. I really wanted to ask,why the name 'ironkurtain'

Lol.......i don't really know why i use that nickname....actually i listened to this kind of a spiritual rap music.....called iron kurtain (curtain spelt kurtain) about a guy going out to save the world that is in trouble.......there are catchy lines like he saying that if he dies in the process that they should tell his mother to just cremate him, spray him in the garden and water it......and he will be back in the next harvest. And when he is done, he making the great escape,(perhaps a different realm or paradise)and never to resurface.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Jummyjagz(f): 1:40pm On May 28, 2015
Pls when is the update coming? sad
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 4:16pm On May 28, 2015
CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

Saturday morning is always a busy time for all the workers in the Philips' mansion. And they hated it. Not because of the numerous tasks they had to deal with, but because of Agnes' barking orders they had to endure while sweating over the tasks given. But today they are working with smiles and ease because Agnes is hardly seen stomping around the house. After what happened in Eric's room last night, she had decided to spend the morning in her bedroom with the possibility of her staying there all day. Most of the workers wish she would.

Unlike the workers, the Philips children were relaxing in the garden under the bright morning sunshine. Victoria and Mary sat quite aloof from the others as they gossiped about what happened last night in a low tone of voice. Daniel practised his karate kicks and punches with some seriousness while Suzanne was at her usual spot, the seat of the garden swing, reading a novel. Eric sat on the bench by himself and quite busy with his cellphone.

None of the Philips kids had said anything to him since they woke up this morning. Not even Suzanne. They didn't even look him in the face and seem to give him space each time he got closer to them. But Eric didn't even notice. He was too preoccupied with something else he had in his mind to notice the new attitude or even know what was going on in the house.

Then Eric saw Rogers and Nancy walking towards the house with Rogers helping Nancy in carrying some foodstuffs. Earlier he heard that Roger drove Nancy to the market to buy the things needed in the kitchen, and they are just coming back. Eric stared at them and noticed that from the way Roger and Nancy talked and smiled at each other, there seem to be some kind of connection going between the both of them. When they got closer, he got up and walked towards them.

"Good morning Rogers....", Eric said to the driver and looked at Nancy. "Good morning", he said to her.

"Good morning", Rogers and Nancy chorused with smiles. "My boy i heard you came home quite late yesterday......why didn't you call me to come pick you up?", Rogers asked.

"Oh......i had alot of things to do with my friends and one of them dropped me off when we were done", Eric replied. Then he looked at Nancy. "I want to talk to Rogers privately, i hope you dont mind?".

"Oh no it's okay Alex......you boys should take your time", Nancy replied and gave Rogers a look with a smile and left.

"It's like there is something going on between you two", Eric said with a faint smile when he saw the way Rogers keep staring at Nancy as she walked away.

"That woman is very nice and i really like her.....", Rogers murmured, still staring at her. "Not only does she cook such a delicious food that will even make the devil himself to repent, she is also the kind of woman i wanna spend the remainder of my years with......so caring".

What Rogers said amused Eric. And also the way he stared at Nancy.

"Rogers.......sir, wake up", Eric snapped his fingers infront of Rogers face to get his attention. "There is something i want to ask you".

"What is it?", Rogers asked, shifting his gaze to Eric.

"This is important to me........probably the most important thing i have to deal with and i want all your attention"

"Yes go on my boy.....am listening".

Eric glanced around the place they stood and asked, "Did you tell anyone where you dropped me off yesterday?

Rogers thought for a few seconds, "yeah two people.......Nancy and Jim", he said.

"Why did you tell them?".

"I told Nancy because she prepared something for you. She said it was your favourite and wanted to know when you will be back so that she can set the microwave timer".

"What about Jim?".

"Jim?......boy that fellow is kind of strange", Rogers muttered thoughtfully. "Since i came here he hardly says anything to me. It seems as if he doesn't like me at all.....so i was surprised when he was acting so friendly and demanding the address of the place i dropped you off. I told him not to worry because you said you will call me or take a taxi but he keep insisting on having it.......saying that it was the rule of the house for drivers to share informations incase if one is too busy to be reached".

"So what did he do after you gave it to him?", Eric asked. "Can you remember exactly what he did after you gave him the address?".

"Nothing at first.....he just left.......though i later saw him making a phone call and speaking in a low tone......he said he was calling his girlfriend after he finished making the phone call", Rogers replied.

Eric nodded. "Where is he now?", he asked.

"He took the boss to the country club".

Eric thought for a while and looked around the place again.

"Rogers.......i need your help", he then said.

"You need my help?", Rogers asked. Then he thought for a few seconds and looked at Eric. "Is it the kind of help am thinking of?".

"Yes it is".

"Jim?, what did he do, beat another woman?".

"No.....this one is a long story and it is very complicated. You are the only one i trust here.

"Well.....go ahead, i have all the time in the world to listen".

Then Eric told Rogers the whole story. What brought him to Easthill, about Nina's job, Alex disappearance, what happened to him yesterday and his mother being held by Nina. Rogers listened to all of it in amazement and nodded his head a few times. Eric also showed him Alex picture and the text messages from Nina.

"Boy........", Rogers began with a sigh. "If i didn't know you very well, i would have said that you are crazy", he sighed again. "So you think this guy Jim is spying for this woman you are talking about?", he asked.

"Yeah......think about it", Eric said. "I got suspended, she knew. My dad talked about sending me to the hospital with a friend in the car driven by Jim, she knew. You told Jim where you dropped me off, she came there and kidnapped me. I think that man is working for her. He is here to keep tabs on me".

"So what do you want to do?......what do you want me to do?", Rogers asked.

"I want to get some information from him. I want to know where this Nina resides because am sure that's where she is holding my mother", Eric replied. "Even if my mother is held somewhere else, i will make that bitch tell me where".

Rogers sighed and looked around the mansion slowly.

"Boy.......am beginning to enjoy this job.....and Nancy's cooking", the driver said slowly. "I will help you.......as long as you won't get me fired", he continued.

"Roger, that's not gonna happen i assure you that......but that should be the least of your worries".

"What do you mean by that?".

"That woman is very dangerous Rogers...something more serious could happen if she find out about your involvement.......she could kill you".

Rogers smiled and said, "Tell me what you want".

Lisa focused on the mirror of the dressing table and gently applied the red lipstick. She placed it on the table next to her cellphone and pursed her lips as she adjusted the collar and short sleeves of the black floral designed casual blouse she wore. She ran her fingers through her curly hair. Then the image in the mirror of the bed behind her caught her attention and she paused in what she was doing. She stared at it as the bright look on her face slowly turned into a gloomy one.

This day a week ago she was in this room and in that bed with someone whom she thought would be the love of her life; her first love. A week later she is in the same room, feeling so alone. Everything started so fast and ended so fast. And after her last words with Alex.......Eric or whatever he call himself, she had been wondering where it all went wrong. Alot of boys had made so much advances at her, the so called hot-boys that had throngs of girls running after them had begged her to be their girlfriend and even stalked her, but she blew them off. The one boy she fell for; the boy almost everyone in school looked down upon and no girl wanted to date with was the one she went for. But within a week......just a week, he blew her off. Lisa wondered if it was a big joke or karma playing with her.

Then Lisa picked up her cellphone to check it and paused. She shook her head and left it in it's original position on the table. That was probably the one millionth time she was checking her phone for a text message. A text message she had being wishing to see in her phone since yesterday.

"Lisa are you done.......", one of Lisa's female friend said as she opened the door to her bedroom.

Lisa remained silent and kept staring at her cellphone. The girl came over and stood beside her with her hand on her shoulder.

"Are you still thinking about him?.......", the girl asked. "I told you to forget that boy, he is not even worth your attention.....why are you even hanging out with him in the first place?".

Lisa remained mute.

"Lisa you need to get over him. Infact you should have set him up and have him beaten up for embarrassing you in Angel's place", the girl added.

"Tracy you know i can't do that.....besides i...i", Lisa stammered.

"You what?", Tracy interrupted.

"I still love him and have so much feelings for him", Lisa replied.

"Lisa, as your friend am advising you to leave him.......if you still want to be among our group.....you heard what Angel said, and now that you are about to be made one of the members of the inner circle, you have to forget about that guy completely", Tracy stated.

Lisa stared ahead thoughtfully while Tracy looked in the mirror and applied some make ups.

After a minute, Tracy looked at Lisa. "Why don't you give Angel a try?", she asked. "Many times he had approached but you keep waving him off......sometimes i just don't understand you girl........you ignored a hot guy like him for that mentally unstable fool?, you really amaze me".

"Tracy....you know he has numerous girlfriends and i don't like the headaches that is involved with that kind of situation", Lisa said. "Besides i heard some strange rumours about him",

"It is because the guy rocks.....that's why girls are so after him", Tracy said. "But many times he had said that if he gets a girl like you, he will cut those girls off.......girl imagine you dating the leader of our group.....have you wondered why he was willing to let you join his inner circle of friends?, it's because he likes you alot".

"Really?", Lisa asked.

"Yeah girl......", Tracy replied. Then she grabbed Lisa's hand and stood her up. "Come on girl.....you are late for today's party and your joining of the inner circle.......and also the opportunity to get the hottest guy in town", Tracy dragged Lisa who protested that she had to take her phone and hand bag.

She picked both of them up, checked herself in the mirror one last time and followed Tracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by labaski(f): 5:32pm On May 28, 2015
thanks for d updates ironkurtain. but it seems I'm missing something pls, who's Jim?
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2015
labaski:
thanks for d updates ironkurtain. but it seems I'm missing something pls, who's Jim?

The other chauffeur for the Philips family before Rogers got employed
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Ashiat39(f): 6:42pm On May 28, 2015
labaski:
Jim was the formal driver of Barry b4 he employ Roger
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by holysin5683(m): 8:28pm On May 28, 2015
PLEASE WHERE IS PAGE 7 I WANT TO FINISH IT
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by nellyme(f): 9:32pm On May 28, 2015
holysin5683:

Lol ur blood dey hot ooo page 7 dey for ironkurtain medula , u cn go ahead and extract it . Dnt forget to share it with me ok
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by labaski(f): 9:38pm On May 28, 2015
Ashiat39:

Jim was the formal driver of Barry b4 he employ Roger
ironkurtain:

The other chauffeur for the Philips family before Rogers got employed
thanks.
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by holysin5683(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2015
lolz oh i tot d page is hidden
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by holysin5683(m): 10:00pm On May 28, 2015
and big kudos to my cousin dee promise aka master p he was the one that introduced me to nairaland and this story and today am a nairalander
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by alleazardous(m): 12:14am On May 29, 2015
kudos bro.keep it coming
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 2:00am On May 29, 2015
holysin5683:

Lol.......still being processed. After that, it will go through the board of directors for approval before being posted.........so ur patients is well appreciated. Anyway i appreciate all the views and comments......i wish you guys and all nairalanders a happy and safe weekend.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Jummyjagz(f): 2:18am On May 29, 2015
Tnx 4d update!!
Waiting 4more
more knowledge 2ur brain sir
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 12:29am On May 30, 2015
Eric held the phone and slowly scrolled through all the text messages between he and Lisa. He read some of them with a smile on his face and sighed with the smile fading away. She hasn't sent any other text or called after what happened between them yesterday. He thought to himself that Lisa may somehow decide to send one, or even call. But none has come. And Eric is beginning to think that she must have really made up her mind not to ever talk to him again just as she had told him to do same yesterday. Perhaps by now she is having a good time with that guy called Angel......or planning to have one.

Eric hit the delete button and selected all the messages. He looked at them one more time before pressing the "okay" button and had all of them deleted........permanently. Then Eric looked at Rogers who was sitting near the gate and having a discussion with the gateman. Rogers returned the look and Eric gave him a nod. Rogers smirked and said something to the gateman. He gave the man some money and said more as the the man listened and carefully looked around. Then the gateman got up and sneaked out of the compound as Rogers watched him.

Rogers immediately locked the gate and went over to the man cleaning one of the Philips automobile. He placed a hand on the man's shoulder and said something to him as the man who was quite smaller and average in body stared at Rogers. The man glanced at the car and reluctantly handed Rogers the towel he was using to clean. He started heading towards the workers quarters as Rogers took over what he was doing.

Eric saw the man's movement and picked up the two plastic bottles of water on the floor beside him. He casually followed the man and whistled as he did so, trying to act natural. As the man got near door to one of the several rooms in the workers quarters, Eric approached hastily.

"Good day Jim......", Eric began pretending to be eager as the man unlocked the door with the key he took out from his pocket.

Jim turned and looked at Eric. "Good day....can i help you?", he asked.

"Yes sir.....there is something very important i want to show you.....", Eric said as he got closer. "Sir please can you hold this water while i get my phone", he handed Jim one of plastic bottle and pretended to be checking for his phone. Then he looked up. "Hey Jim, what is that up there?", he asked and pointed up.

As Jim innocently looked to see what it was, an upper-cut delivered by Eric's right fist sent the man literally flying backwards. He crashed into the door and the impact made it to swing open. Eric quickly entered the room, dragged the Jim inside and closed the door. Jim tried to get up but a blow from a right hook knocked him down again.

Eric dropped the other bottle of water on the floor and watch the man get up. Before he could say anything, Jim Lunged at him with a fist swinging at his face. Eric didn't expect that but his sharp reflexes was faster and he blocked it and threw a right straight punch that knocked Jim's head backwards. A blow to the guts from the left fist made the man to double up. A right knife-hand strike to the shoulder sent the man sprawling on the floor face down. Then Eric mounted him and put him on a choke hold.

"Tell me where she lives", Eric said to Jim as the man struggled to breath. "You better tell me before you lose your life today".

"I don't know what you are talking about", Jim gasped as he struggled harder for air.

"Yes you do and you better start talking ".

Then Eric released the choke hold and immediately put the Jim in armlock with one arm and grabbed his throat with the other. He pushed Jim's head against the floor and dug his thumb into the man's neck, pushing it against his larynx. The pain was agonizing and Jim couldn't let out a scream.

"If i remain like this for a few minutes, which i could do all day, u gonna find it difficult to swallow food for a week", Eric whispered to him. "If i add more pressure to it, you wont be able to sing beautifully to your girlfriend. But if you dont tell me what i want, i will just allow this hand to go further......that means an agonizing death and this hand knows the right amount of pressure to make it a long one".

Jim managed to nod his head and Eric released him from the death grip. Jim held his neck and coughed uncontrollably.

"So where does that woman live?", Eric asked.

"There is a house.....a villa that is in Eastwood estates", Jim croaked and coughed.

"What is the address of the house?, the colour of the house and how many people are living there?", Eric inquired.

"She lives there with one heavy man and one house help", Jim coughed again. "The rest are just workers coming to work everyday".

Then Eric picked up the bottle of water he dropped on the floor and gave to the man. "Drink some water.....it will soothe the cough", he said.

The man grabbed the bottle of water and gulped it all and sighed as he felt his neck.

"Now write the address of the house and it's colour", Eric said as he handed Jim a piece of paper and a pen he brought out from his pocket.

Jim took the pen and made some scribblings on the paper. When he was done, he handed the paper to Eric with shaky hands.

"So why dont you tell me more about this Nina", Eric said as he looked at what Jim wrote on the paper and slip it into his pocket.

Jim sighed and looked away."I'm totally f@cked...am a dead man", he murmured. "If she find out that i gave you that address, that woman gonna kill me to pieces......i swear".

Eric was amused by the 'kill me to pieces' Jim said.

"Well, for sure she gonna 'kill you to pieces'....", Eric said with a nod. "....so why don't you tell me everything about her so that your death won't be in vain".

"Seriously i don't know.......all i know is that she part of some organization......a very powerful one. And i heard they wield alot of power and influence in this country", Jim said and then looked at Eric. "Am surprise to see that you are still alive after crossing her so many times......that woman is more than dangerous.....she makes dangerous people to fear for their lives, Jim warned.

"Yeah yeah i have heard that like ten thousand times already......", Eric smirked. "What do you know about this organisation", he asked.

"Nothing....i dont know anything at all......it's like they don't even exist but it is there".

"I thought you are working for them".

"No am not working for the organization, i work for Nina".

Eric nodded and and glanced at his wristwatch.

"Well, ten minutes gone now.....and m sure you will start feeling it", he then said to Jim and went to the door.

"Feeling what?", Jim demanded.

"Feeling the effects of the drug i put in that bottle of water......dont worry it will pit you to sleep", Eric said with a smile. "So if i go to this address you gave me and find out that you lied.....that it is all bullsh!t, then you will wake up with a limb missing. Depending on the one i set my eyes on first".

The drug took over Jim's body. He tried to get up but couldn't. He became very drowsy and laid on the floor. After a few unsuccessful attempts to lift his hand, he remained on the floor, very still. Then Eric opened the door and beckoned at Roger who was carrying a duffle bag.

"That was fast", Roger said as he dropped the bag on the floor and unzipped it. "I thought it was going to take all day to get the info out of him. But you make these things seem so easy", he brought out a rope and a tape from the bag. "So did he give what you need?", he asked.

"Yeah......and more", Eric said as he stretched Jim's legs and picked up a tape. "He said the woman is a member of some organization and they are very powerful", Eric started tying Jim's legs. "And he said they wield alot of influence and power in this country".

Rogers stopped what he was doing and looked at Eric. "Do you think what he said is true?", he asked.

"I think so......from the look in his eyes, he was quite scared and feared that he will be killed in the worst way if that woman find out that he gave me her home address", Eric replied.

Rogers sighed and looked at Jim. "If it's true, won't that organization be coming after us?", he asked with some concern in his voice.

"No i don't think so".

"Why?",

"She is running the show alone.......this is her own show and not that of the organization......and they probably don't know what she is doing".

"What makes you think so?".

"Roger, look at this man lying on the floor........do you think a powerful organization will employ him to even throw away their kitchen trash?", Eric asked. "He is an amateur......just like the rest. She must have employed them for a reason.....perhap to be able to eliminate them so easily if anything goes wrong".

Rogers stared at the man lying on the floor and nodded.

"But what if the organization is running the show?", he asked Eric.

"Then you and i won't be having this conversation", Eric replied.

After the both of them were done tying up Jim, Eric showed Rogers the address Jim wrote on a piece of paper.

Do you know this place?", he asked.

Rogers read it and nodded.

"Yeah i know that place....it is outskirts of this town", he said to Eric. "Some of the super rich in this city lives there", he continued.

"Then that must be the place she is keeping my mother......a relatively quiet and secured neighborhood. And the last place the authorities will be snooping around", Eric murmured

"Yeah but now our problem is how to put this man in the trunk of the car without anyone noticing", Rogers said and looked at Eric. "Do have any plan?".

"She is here", Tracy whispered to Angel and gave him a hug.

Angel gave her a dry peck and glanced at Lisa who was standing alone with a plastic cup in her hand while the others in the living-room mingled with one another. He motioned to one of the three boys standing behind him like bodyguards and whispered something to him when he came over. The boy nodded and left. Then Angel gestured at the other two boys to stay where they are and went over to Lisa. Lisa saw him coming towards her and smiled.

"Hi Angel", she began.

"Hello Lisa....", Angel said and gave Lisa a hug that made her feel quite uncomfortable. "How are you doing?, are you ready for your big day?......you can see the number of people that are here to see you become one of us". Angel gestured at the group of boys and girls in the living-room of his parent's house.

"Yeah......", Lisa murmured and looked around. She noticed that there seem to be more boys than girls in the living-room. "So these are the inner circle members?", she asked.

"Yep.....", Angel said with a smile. "And you are not going to be just a member, but also among those that run the group......being one of the decision makers".

"Really..........sounds cool", Lisa said coldly and sipped her drink. She wasn't impressed and was quite indifferent in her response, like she doesn't even want to be there.

Angel noticed her lackluster attitude and smiled.

"Anyway why dont you make yourself comfortable till the time comes for your orientation", he said to her.

"Okay......", Lisa said with a faint smile.

"See ya", Angel said and left.

Lisa took another sip and sighed. She seem to regret agreeing to join the so called inner circle of the group. Tracy had being pressing her to join and she only agreed to do so because of Tracy and also because she is her best friend and a member in the inner circle. But what she is seeing now is total different from what Tracy and the other girls said about the group. The ratio of the guys to the girls here will make any girl feel quite unsafe and the guys look kind of rowdy. Alot of bottles of alcohol with equal amount of empty ones on the floor. The few girls seems to be throwing themselves around the guys who touched them everywhere and the girls don't seem to mind. Tracy was even among them and Lisa was really surprised to see her best friend act like a slut.

Lisa reached for her phone in her handbag and checked it. She had being doing this all day and don't really know why. Maybe it's some kind of a sign that she should make that call, or perhaps send that message. A message to her 'fire cracker'.

"Hey.....Lisa have you met Angel?", Tracy asked from behind her. Lisa turned and saw her with two other girls.

"Yes i just met him.....he said he will be back", Lisa replied.

"Girl, what are you even drinking?", Tracy asked and took Lisa's cup from her hand. She drank the content and smirk. "What is this?, orange juice?.......girl come on let's drink something good, not this".

Then Tracy dragged Lisa to the table that had bottles of vodka and tequila. She collected four shot glasses from the guy incharge of mixing the drink and opened a bottle. She poured shots in the glasses and handed it to the girls.

"Tracy......am sorry, i cant drink today", Lisa rejected the drink.

"Oh what now?......have you repented or what?, oh come on girl.....let's celebrate......you are about to become one of us so it is worth the celebration. Here, just take one shot",

The four girls raised their glass and drank. Lisa took the shot and covered her mouth as she grimaced. Tracy and the other girls laughed at her.

"I think we should take another one", Tracy immediately poured another shot in their glasses. Lisa protested. But she later raised the glass with the other girls and drank it.

Angel watched the girls as they raised their third shot and smiled. Then the boy whom he early whispered to handed him a tiny bottle that contained a liquid and a white handkerchief. He looked at the content of the bottle and looked at Lisa with a sinister smile.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by nellyme(f): 10:23am On May 30, 2015
Pls nothing should happen to Lisa oooo
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 3:06pm On May 30, 2015
nellyme:
Pls nothing should happen to Lisa oooo

Hello nellyme......how is ur weekend?.......well i hope nothing happens to Lisa but you know that Eric is on a mission so he can't be in two places. sad
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Ashiat39(f): 4:08pm On May 30, 2015
I really fear 4 Lisa's lyf o, her safety is doubtable bt I she cn escape bt nt knw hw. I lyk ur update soo much bcs it's constance and long, kip it up. Tnk u
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 4:15pm On May 30, 2015
Ashiat39:
I really fear 4 Lisa's lyf o, her safety is doubtable bt I she cn escape bt nt knw hw. I lyk ur update soo much bcs it's constance and long, kip it up. Tnk u

Thanks Ashiat39.....i appreciate your views and comments......i hope you have a nice weekend
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by shegs2009(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2015
keep me chargin my fone despite d economy break down...keep it up
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by ironkurtain(m): 9:38pm On May 30, 2015
shegs2009:
keep me chargin my fone despite d economy break down...keep it up

Wow......i read it in the news how things seem to be getting worse......anyway i appreciate. May God's blessing see you through.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by Ashiat39(f): 9:50pm On May 30, 2015
ironkurtain:

Thanks Ashiat39.....i appreciate your views and comments......i hope you have a nice weekend
very splndd sir. Tnx
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by nellyme(f): 9:54pm On May 30, 2015
ironkurtain:

Hello nellyme......how is ur weekend?.......well i hope nothing happens to Lisa but you know that Eric is on a mission so he can't be in two places. sad

My weekend is good sir, traveled home. Greet all @home for me.
Re: Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. by nellyme(f): 10:22pm On May 30, 2015
Cc Ishilove.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Entangled / Generation To Generations... / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.