Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' (51941 Views)

Boko Haram Gave Me N200 To Detonate Explosive - Teenage Suicide Bomber / Suleiman Hashimu To Trek For Buhari Again / Hashimu Suleiman Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by jimi4us: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
headprofiler:
Yesterday, my friends and I were arguing the possibility
of ' The Lagos-Abuja trekker' to do that trip within one
month. One said it was not possible, that he trekked
during the day and commuted with a vehicle at night.
Another opined that villages are more than 20 minutes
apart, assuming the trekker rested at every village.
Another of my friend said he trekked from Redemption
camp to MFM (Lagos-Ibadan Highway) and it took him
practically the whole day. I laughed!

I reminded them that our grand-parents trekked a great
distance. My grand-father trekked to Lagos from my
village (Ivbiaro, Edo State) in three days without maps.

My analysis:
Lagos-Abuja can be plied through two major routes:
Lagos-Ibadan-Ileife-Akure-Akungba-Ibillo-Ogor
iMangogo-Okene-Lokoja-Abuja which is about 800km
and Lagos-Ibadan-Ogbomosho-Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa-Bid
a-Suleja-Abuja (737km)

The trekker plied the second route which is rarely used
by transport vehicles as this road is in a deplorable
state. However, this is the optimal and best route to
Abuja.

Assuming our trekker trekked a distance of 50km daily
during 6am-6pm (12 hours), his average speed will be
4.166km/h or 1.1574metres/sec. The average walking
speed of an adult is 5km/h. So our 'trekker' is in line
with his walking speed.

Also, if he walked a distance of 50km/h daily, he
should have spent (737km/50km)= 14.74days to reach
Abuja, all things being equal.

Let us assume he spent about 7days extra to rest and
recuperate for the journey. That means he should have
used about 22days to reach Abuja.

Thus, Mr Trekker reached Abuja in due time!
you're an idiott for all dis nonsense you're writing here. lagos-ibadan-akure as if he's flying with wings. come here dey calculate your papa footsteps like sey him dey carry malu.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by mikolo80: 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
DinoAnnberry:

Was lazy bone really your dad??.. . grin
Huh wetin concern bone thug and harmony with my parentage
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by 9jatriot(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
2hrs at an average speed of 80kph...the fastest man runs at 28kph tops...use ur head do the rest.

Since you claimed to have used your head, let me humor you, since instead of using my head, I used a calculator. Using your speed of 80kph at 2hrs is a total distance of 80 x 2 = 160km.

At a speed of 28kph (given by you), he should have done the distance at 160/28 = 5.7hrs. That is less than half of the 13hrs you are quarrelling about.

Please advise me on what to use next since ....

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by kennydee05(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
sixtus3606:

Nna ehn...aswear, I dey trip for this aboki guy ooO!

But wait a minute, for this dude to have successfully accomplished such journey, don't you feel with me that he has an atom of igboism!!!! Nwanne nno!
Not again. Igoism ko agboism niii
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by ceteure: 10:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Something about being a critic is that you will never see 'good' in what others do or achieve because you always want to analyse the other person's achievement from your 'critical' state of mind.

I think its a terrible way of life!

The man has said that he trekked from Lagos to Abuja, what's so hard in celebrating him instead of all these critical analysis of the number of trekkable hours and km.

Critics don't get any award....be there, analysing while I join other Nigerians to celebrate an achiever!
Cheers to 'The Traveller'

One day I hope to swim from Naija to Obodoyibo-America *in my dreams*
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by 9jatriot(m): 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
jimi4us:
you're an idiott for all dis nonsense you're writing here. lagos-ibadan-akure as if he's flying with wings. come here dey calculate your papa footsteps like sey him dey carry malu.

Y d beefing, instead of insulting him, use your calculator (abi u non get), run an analysis that renders his own invalid.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Slimchase(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
I just hope dat he 'll deliver my hand-written letter I gave him @ Bida 2 help me deliver 2 GMB....... Dat MTN woman dat always tell me dat my calls can not be completed whenever I hav insufficient credit must be arrrested n dealt with once Baba asumes power come may 29th.
Ka CHUKWU mezie Okwu !!!!

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
I personally can never believe he walked the whole distance on foot...
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by xlnc2324: 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
GogetterMD:
You can't walk lagos to ibadan in 12 hours. That smells fishy

which one u fit do?
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Walexybode10: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
AT least he has done something, let you haters go out there and do something. Mtchewwww
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by informato: 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
congrats...BUT PLEASE CAN YOU PLAY US( NIGERIANS ) the VIDEO OF HOW YOU STARTED AND ENDED THE JOURNEY ?
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Seemyfather(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
GogetterMD:
You can't walk lagos to ibadan in 12 hours. That smells fishy

I agree with you guy. Infact he can't walk Apapa to Abule-Egba in 6 hours let alone Lagos to Ibadan. Except if the guy be dey use what Yoruba people be dey call ogun 'kananko'.... Or what do you feel my guy?

2 Likes

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
9jatriot:

Since you claimed to have used your head, let me humor you, since instead of using my head, I used a calculator. Using your speed of 80kph at 2hrs is a total distance of 80 x 2 = 160km.

At a speed of 28kph (given by you), he should have done the distance at 160/28 = 5.7hrs. That is less than half of the 13hrs you are quarrelling about.

Please advise me on what to use next since ....
u dont get it,do u? can usain bolt sprint at 28kph for 5mins straight? A speeding car covers 160km in 2hrs,the average human walking a distance of 160km at the speed of 1.4M/s i.e 5kph 160/5= 32hrs .
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by 9jatriot(m): 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
u dont get it,do u? can usain bolt sprint at 28kph for 5mins straight? A speeding car covers 160km in 2hrs,the average human walking a distance of 160km at the speed of 1.4M/s i.e 5kph 160/5= 32hrs .

Asking me to use my head sounded insulting. Well, I have already agreed earlier on the thread that that particular information was not sustainable realistically. I want to believe, there was a miss up.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
9jatriot:

Asking me to use my head sounded insulting. Well, I have already agreed earlier on the thread that that particular information was not sustainable realistically. I want to believe, there was a miss up.
sorry...didnt mean to insult u one bit.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by petermichaels(m): 10:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
I beg na lie lie! Or som lie dey inside. Hm lagos to ibadan shows lie,so d rest journey na lie cos"first,tells d rest".
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by 9jatriot(m): 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
sorry...didnt mean to insult u one bit.

Ok cool. Apologies for the sarcasm I put up then.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by GogetterMD(m): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Seemyfather:

I agree with you guy. Infact he can't walk Apapa to Abule-Egba in 6 hours let alone Lagos to Ibadan. Except if the guy be dey use what Yoruba people be dey call ogun 'kananko'.... Or what do you feel my guy?
Omo, no mind them doubting Thomas. Them think say na beans.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by tomhank(m): 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Haters gonna hate tho.... Can't believe I've been wasting money on flight tickets all these years... Chai!
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by babajero(m): 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
And this guy is among leaders of tomorrow? Rubbish.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by depson(m): 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
Trekkiing from iyana ipaja to berger is more than two hours
From berger to shagam
Shagam to ogere
Ogere to gurumaraji
Bro na bike u climb jare
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by depson(m): 11:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
ceteure:
Something about being a critic is that you will never see 'good' in what others do or achieve because you always want to analyse the other person's achievement from your 'critical' state of mind.

I think its a terrible way of life!

The man has said that he trekked from Lagos to Abuja, what's so hard in celebrating him instead of all these critical analysis of the number of trekkable hours and km.

Critics don't get any award....be there, analysing while I join other Nigerians to celebrate an achiever!
Cheers to 'The Traveller'

One day I hope to swim from Naija to Obodoyibo-America *in my dreams*
Bro we don wise now..... Diz journey no be small thing now
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by tobeetoe(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
9jatriot:

Lagos to Ibadan is 2hrs by car, so why is 13hrs too much?
hey, learner, you can't work within Lagos in 12 hours talkless of ibadan. he passed ijebu ode etc. lol. fishy
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by hope4nigeria(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
9jatriot:

Lagos to Ibadan is 2hrs by car, so why is 13hrs too much?
i once drove from ibadan to lagos 1hr, 25min
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by dabigwalls: 11:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
mikolo80:
160km in 13hrs
are you serious
that is over 12 km per hour

i have personally run 43km in 3hrs+ but that is a one time thing
not sustainable for 19days

Bro, I salute o

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by tobeetoe(m): 12:00am On Apr 22, 2015
another lie was that the robber identified him and gave him 2h. giving Im 2h is possible but if they identified him, they would kill him. cos he could kobalise them. you trekked but entered bus. you and I know better
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Ekemyx(m): 12:10am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:

Let us assume he walked at approx 6km/hr in the basking sun without taking a break, he would cover just over 70km in 12 hrs. Lagos to ibadan is not less than 130km
I smell smthin fishy,another APC story......160kms in 13hrs,Una try make use of your brain small,its not possible..okwaiii....sai baba,sai failure.. GMB is a dying Cow..APC rats take note
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by lighternote: 12:26am On Apr 22, 2015
Akiko ikoja.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Ninilowo(m): 12:32am On Apr 22, 2015
Didn't he pass thru Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomosho, and Ilorin?
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 22, 2015
mikolo80:
my grandpa say lagos to ilorin na 2weeks back in the day before cars

My brother, without intent to disrespect your grandpa, it might be true or it might not. Lets consider some factors if it actually took 2 weeks in those days.

1. The terrain. We have better and smother terrains now because we now have cars. The roads are there now...not bush paths not forest...just normal regular paths. Im supposing my nikka didnt travel through forests, he took the road cars took too. Maybe in those days they would have to go through treacherous forests and navigate hills and mountains, and maybe then the shortest routes werent the safest, so they would go through the longer routes. Factor all these in and you might see why it might have taken two weeks to complete the journey.
2. Travel gear. What i mean here is that in those days food was all raw. No quick snacks, no packaged foods you could just pop open and eat. So if i was travelling a long distance in your grand pa's days, i would travel a while, rest a while to fetch firewood and cook whatever food i was travelling with or i bought at a local market or even stole from someone's farm.lol. If we include all the resy and cook time, you'd find the time it took to travel then would increase considerably. Not to talk of the weight of all the food i'd be carrying along with me then which would slow me down. All this man had to do now wad carry a backpack with some fast snack in it and some cash to buy cooked food at any villa or town he enters. Quicker!

I will be right back...my grand pa is calling me.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 22, 2015
kolokolobi:
If this guy has a good PR person I think that pic and his story is enough to get him an ad deal with the bottled water company. .....my mind running things

My guy you're a good business man. You dey see visio wella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 / Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce At Halima Babangida's Wedding In Minna (Photos) / Some Tinubu Supporters in Nnewi Celebrate Presidential Election Result (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.