Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,894 members, 7,798,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 (73242 Views)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2016 / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by airsaylongcon: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
Wrote this exam in 2013. Had to travel all d way to Abuja from Lagos. For a top notch IT grad the exams should be generally easy. But u have to be on top of your game. I scored 72/100 and wasn't successful. The Anambra boy on my right scored 80 and immediately received a congratulatory message that he was successful. He score was 80 so I'm thinking that is the threshold to qualify. Obviously Noah children (aka know-know or people wey know people) will be involved. Targeting 90 something this time around. There weren't any programming questions if I remember well. But I won't be surprised if they asked about which IT Company is currently facing INVESTIGATION from the EU and other current IT stuff. I think they asked about the OSI 7 layers as well.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
airsaylongcon:
Wrote this exam in 2013. Had to travel all d way to Abuja from Lagos. For a top notch IT grad the exams should be generally easy. But u have to be on top of your game. I scored 72/100 and wasn't successful. The Anambra boy on my right scored 80 and immediately received a congratulatory message that he was successful. He score was 80 so I'm thinking that is the threshold to qualify. Obviously Noah children (aka know-know or people wey know people) will be involved. Targeting 90 something this time around. There weren't any programming questions if I remember well. But I won't be surprised if they asked about which IT Company is currently facing INVESTIGATION from the EU and other current IT stuff. I think they asked about the OSI 7 layers as well.

Is it a multiple choice type of questions.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Arysexy(m): 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
airsaylongcon:

CCNA questions in essence
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by odytrixx(m): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
No comment yet cry kiss
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by tolutweety(m): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
Present!

1 Like

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by omusiliyu(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
What of Biochemistry graduate... Can we apply?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by MacMaster01(m): 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
I wrote it last year (2014) when I was serving and there were some cray networking questions... subnetting, routing, switching, internet security etc.. then some funny current affairs quests like what date did obama pass d gay law in america, who was the 52nd secretary of state in America, how many ministries in nigeria have websites with .gov.ng Etc.

This is not to discourage any one, read on networking, logical reasoning and out of the box current affairs quests before making that journey to Abuja.

The process is free and fair (I knw people that were serving in d dept that organises d scholarship in nitda and dey knew officials there but didn't still get it).. u are only competing with people from your state, d best 2 from every state gets d msc award.. making it 72 awardees.

2 Likes

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Philadelphia: 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
ibksolar:

If you've entered your result details once, I guess it automatically saves it but does not show it when you return to the page. To confirm, check if you have a TICKED box towards the end of the page. It should read "uploaded" when you hover over it or click it.

Maybe any can help with this, I'm having issues uploading my Degree, NYSC, et al. I doubt if it's the file size. Anyone in same shoes?
Those that have gone past this stage, how did you upload your docs?

Thanks for the anticipated response.... wink
Same here. What's the way forward?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by tommiblack: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
Too many questions and complains by the information technology students applicants with an information technology device in an information technology web page applying for an information technology scholarship application procedure.

3 Likes

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by 4soft(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
Pls guys am a serving corper passing out by july 2nd! Pls can I still apply, as. I see on the site that there is a space for nysc cert and it is * the serving corper that wrote in 2013 help pls and is it CBT based?Pls guys am a serving corper passing out by july 2nd! Pls can I still apply, as. I see on the site that there is a space for nysc cert and it is * the serving corper that wrote in 2013 help pls and is it CBT based?Pls guys am a serving corper passing out by july 2nd! Pls can I still apply, as. I see on the site that there is a space for nysc cert and it is * the serving corper that wrote in 2013 help pls and is it CBT based?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by bosunjohns(m): 12:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Thanks. Applying right away!
Emasel:

The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness and the dire need to bridge the digital divide, has since 2010 established a scholarship scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigeria or Foreign/Overseas universities.

Criteria

The Scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is equally distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 states and the FCT for MSc.

Duration

The Masters program will run for 1 year while the Doctorate program is expected to run for 3 years.

Eligibility

PhD : University lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.

MSc : All citizens of Nigeria with First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelors degree (BSc) in Information Technology related field.

Application Deadline : 31st May, 2015.

How to apply :

Interested and eligible candidates should click on

http://scholarship.nitda.gov.ng to apply.

Note : A comprehensive aptitude test will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the award. Only candidates found eligible will be invited.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by chuksmarvin(m): 12:59am On Apr 23, 2015
soe:
I am a 2013 NITDA scholarship beneficiary.

I wish you guys the best. Remember, you have to be among the best two candidates from your state of origin
Please can i apply for a masters in biotechnology?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by ElDeeVee(m): 4:34am On Apr 23, 2015
tolutweety:
Present!
Chief
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 4:51am On Apr 23, 2015
We dey roam now.. No time.
jamanuka:

Your network na omnipresent...
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Harry4cas(m): 7:57am On Apr 23, 2015
can some with bsc statistics apply too?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by jamanuka: 8:09am On Apr 23, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
We dey roam now.. No time.
Hehehehe..Its allowed..By the way thought you were a Finance graduate
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by fogechi: 8:17am On Apr 23, 2015
hello people. i have not been able to apply. after i click on fresh application, it takes me to a page. nothing comes up when i click on get pin.

please assist

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2015
Well now you know I'm not.

jamanuka:

Hehehehe..Its allowed..By the way thought you were a Finance graduate
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by valexzky(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2015
I applied last year and may do so again this year. The 2014 questions were crazy, a departure from the 2013 format (Didn't apply then but some friends were beneficiaries). MacMaster has said it all. I actually called some friends after the test and adviced them not to waste their transport fares. Lol. In the end, they wished they had listened. The process is fair to the best of my knowledge. Just read and hope for the best. It's just 2 beneficiaries per state. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 23, 2015
chuksmarvin:

Please can i apply for a masters in biotechnology?
if you win the scholarship..there will be a screening session.. They will only ask what course you wanna read, whether you already have admission or planning yo apply for admission (so it's still very much open). If you can tell them that biotechnology involves or supports ICT in medical sciences or whatever sciencr..then you are fine. Afterall,,the world is now after multidisciplinary research. But if they still refuse, they will only tell you to immediately apply for another admission on a purely ICT course which ofcourse is very easy to get.

1 Like

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by airsaylongcon: 9:10am On Apr 23, 2015
phatjoe50:

Is it a multiple choice type of questions.

Yes. It was multiple choice computer based.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by airsaylongcon: 9:12am On Apr 23, 2015
Arysexy:

Nooo not CCNA specifically. More like general networking questions that any IT grad should be aware of. I remember then study with GRE Computer Science sample questions. It was an overkill as the NITDA questions weren't as hard.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Pffft: 9:18am On Apr 23, 2015
Travelled from Enugu to Abuja last year for this exam. Very annoying set of questions. When Obama signed gay right law, how many agencies have websites, etc.... I ask and wonder how these kind of questions is a good metric for an IT scholarship selection process. Well i have successfully applied but travelling from Lagos to Abuja for the exam? I dont know.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Ojeilevbare(m): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2015
Where can I get the PIN from?
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Philadelphia: 10:25am On Apr 23, 2015
Ojeilevbare:
Where can I get the PIN from?
You can get the pin from Shoprite, McDonalds or KFC.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by mizkeleke(f): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2015
I just graduated...Not gone for NYSC yet, can I apply
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Emasel(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2015
mizkeleke:
I just graduated...Not gone for NYSC yet, can I apply

If you eventually get the scholarship, you'll need NYSC Certificate for screening/accreditation and it will be very painful if you have to forfeit the award because of NYSC certificate. So you'll have to wait for next year.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by kennedyugo: 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
ibksolar:

If you've entered your result details once, I guess it automatically saves it but does not show it when you return to the page. To confirm, check if you have a TICKED box towards the end of the page. It should read "uploaded" when you hover over it or click it.

Maybe any can help with this, I'm having issues uploading my Degree, NYSC, et al. I doubt if it's the file size. Anyone in same shoes?
Those that have gone past this stage, how did you upload your docs?

Thanks for the anticipated response.... wink

I experienced same. You must convert them to pdf format and click upload on top. It'll bring out a window where you'll upload all at once. If you only select one at a time, it won't work

1 Like

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by stepo707: 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Philadelphia:

hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha

to get your pin.click on get pin...if it does not work,click again.i had to do mine twice before it opened.
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by skyra: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Arysexy:

ccna questions were few. But general IT knowledge, learn all u can about microsoft Word, templates, etc, everything u can on nitda. The maths was based on simple deductive reasoning. Bottom line, prepare thoroughly

1 Like

Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by Ballotelle(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
skyra:
ccna questions were few. But general IT knowledge, learn all u can about microsoft Word, templates, etc, everything u can on nitda. The maths was based on simple deductive reasoning. Bottom line, prepare thoroughly
pls was it objective or subjective, tnx
Re: NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 by omooje1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
All this touts on Nairaland, only God knows how they got 2 kw abt nairaland. @ philadelphia or wateva u r called. He jt asked a question and u gave the dumbest answer. Take lessons 4rm stepo707, if u don't hv answers 2 questions asked, nobody will witch hunt u if u jt shut up, look n walk away, after u will say the witch in ur house is stunting ur progress, wen u will Nt put ur mouth were it's supposed to be.
Philadelphia:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Iniubong Umoren Makes Excellent Result (Photos) / Ecobank Management And Graduate Development Programme 2019 / Federal Fire Service (FFS) List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2018 - CDFIPB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.