Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? (28210 Views)

VIDEO: Secondary School Students Caught Doing It Right In The Class / What Name Did You Save Your Partner's Contact With? / Is It Right To Give A Lady Money After A Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 01, 2015
Yes, it is right. Please note that we do not monitor our partners only on a presumption that they might cheat, but we monitor them to make sure they are out of harms way and no one is attempting to steal our joy and destroy our long term emotional investments. Granted that the contents of messages might be factors in our moods swings but it is better to know that you are loved than to suffer disappointment and betrayal occasioned by "deciding not to care-to-know".

Personally, I do not have time to check a woman's phone, but my wife's phone calls, texts and e-mails ? I dey check am at every spare time I have and I have over the time realized that it is a useless and pointless venture. I trust her more than I can ever trust myself.

I don talk my own, talk una own.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 01, 2015
You are wrong..! Smart girls will never keep text messages that will implicate them on their phones. They delete them the moment they read them!

A guy who feels insecure goes around monitoring his babe and that makes him a dog.!

The reason is this, guys prefer a lady who already has plenty/many suitors. Then you join the queue in wooing her. The moment you win her, do you think others will back out? They will want to see d methods you used in winning her and they re-package and re-brand themselves and perform better than you. She gives in to the guy and double/triple date una.!

She wouldn't want to lose both of you. She shuttle from his place to yours. The moment she leaves his place, she changes his name to a female name on her phone and even call him in your present if she's smart just to check on him.

So, guys should stop forming as if they know ladies like the back of their hand!

Mtcheeeeeeeew!!!

WackyJ1:
I use to do this once, I checked and I saw evidences that broke my heart. I then tried to correct and all that but then she cried for her "privacy".

I wasn't wrong, my only mistake was letting her know what I had found.

Snooping is not a matter of insecurities, mistrust and bla bla bla.
Most times these girls are not to be trusted, they almost always get up to some mischief. They hide it so well that the only way to find out is to see a slip up somewhere in an inbox, whatsapp or BBM.

Checking her messages is not to be done all the time because it results in needless headache.
But it needs to be done once in a while so that you do not get fooled into thinking that you're a relationship of commitment and trust when the girl is playing pranks behind you.

When you check and you find something suspicious and not right, it's not the time to correct, it is the time to reassess. It's not the time to start preaching sermon to the girl but the time to know that that countdown to the end of the relationship is at hand.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 01, 2015
Haba.. why monitor him when you can simply CPU him? The availability of stupidity on the part of Ladies account for their insecurity in a relationship... though I can't still fathom or understand the reason behind the reason why shit like this hit Frontpage and clueless Ladies waking up in the morning doing nothing than to set up a JAMB question for jobless people like them

Meanwhile the poster below get sense
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by ifyalways(f): 10:07pm On May 01, 2015
Monitoring spirits are always the first to be "bound and cast out"

Love is a free bird,life is short. No time to monitor or babysit anyone. kiss
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 01, 2015
Lizabeth25:
You are wrong..! Smart girls will never keep text messages that will implicate them on their phones. They delete them the moment they read them!

A guy who feels insecure goes around monitoring his babe and that makes him a dog.!

The reason is this, guys prefer a lady who already has plenty/many suitors. Then you join the queue in woeing her. The moment you win her, do you think others will back out? They will want to see d methods you used in winning her and they re-package and re-brand themselves and perform better than you. She gives in to the guy and double/triple date una.!

She wouldn't want to lose both of you. She shuttle from his place to yours. The moment she leaves his place, she changes his name to a female name on her phone and even call him in your present if she's smart just to check on him.

So, guys should stop forming as if they know ladies like the back of their hand!

Mtcheeeeeeeew!!!

Only clueless guys woo Ladies

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by thinkdip(m): 10:10pm On May 01, 2015
falconey:
monitor what?

I remember what a sagacious man once told me " the punny is not yours,its just your time with it"
cool
falconey, I heard you are the father of shares. ..is that true?
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 01, 2015
Lizabeth25:
It's the insecure babes that monitors their men even to the toilet.!

A lady who knows her place in the life of her man won't waste her time on things like that because she knows that no matter how many side chick's her man has, he will always come back to her.

#justsayingmymind#
You're only deceiving yourself.

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by richidinho(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2015
Twaci:
The topic says it all, do u think it is right to monitor your partner?

By monitor, I mean; always checking his/her phone, making sure you know ALL of his/her friends, always noting every activity carried out by him/her on all their social sites (e.g Nairaland, facebook, twitter, IG...), and so on.

I have my opinion on this but need to hear yours. Let's talk.

Good morning.

U no get job?

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by chukwukamma(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2015
Monitoring is a show of distrust and relationship without trust is a tragedy.
pls don't forget to always visit my blog http://nelsonnwegbo..com/ to read.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 01, 2015
richidinho:

U no get job?
Nice question
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 01, 2015
Really..? Please, you can throw more light to my comment. Why do you think I'm deceiving myself?

AgapeCharis:
You're only deceiving yourself.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by brownlord: 10:14pm On May 01, 2015
[size=15pt]I do monitor and i will do that again and again.[/size]

Call me insecure, that's your business.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by babyfaceafrica: 10:16pm On May 01, 2015
I will like to know your opinion...in my own opinion...he who has no skeleton in his cupboard has nothing to fear.....my lady can check anything she likes..if she hinders me from checking hers..she is out..just like that!!
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Twaci(f): 10:17pm On May 01, 2015
richidinho:

U no get job?
Help me ask ooh!
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 01, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Really..? Please, you can throw more light to my comment. Why do you think I'm deceiving myself?

Don't worry. Remain cool with him cheating with the idea that he'll always come back to you until he starts getting more satisfaction outside. Until he starts sharing and giving you less attention.

I've heard that word a couple of times. I wonder where it came from. undecided
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by jayedu108: 10:23pm On May 01, 2015
Lizabeth25:

The reason is this, guys prefer a lady who already has plenty/many suitors. Then you join the queue in wooing her. The moment you win her, do you think others will back out? They will want to see d methods you used in winning her and they re-package and re-brand themselves and perform better than you. She gives in to the guy and double/triple date una.!

Mtcheeeeeeeew!!!

I neva knew dis is wat u do cheatin on ur man,step up ur game dis is nt dat close.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by brownlord: 10:26pm On May 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
I will like to know your opinion...in my own opinion...he who has no skeleton in his cupboard has nothing to fear.....my lady can check anything she likes..if she hinders me from checking hers..she is out..just like that!!

Your head is there.

One Orijin for you
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by 0b1nna: 10:26pm On May 01, 2015
Twaci:

By monitor, I mean; always checking his/her phone, making sure you know ALL of his/her friends, always noting every activity carried out by him/her on all their social sites (e.g Nairaland, facebook, twitter, IG...), and so on.

Good morning.

You're a pretty girl. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by masqot(m): 10:27pm On May 01, 2015
No.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by babyfaceafrica: 10:29pm On May 01, 2015
brownlord:

Your head is there.

One Orijin for you
thanks ..I owe you one....barman na plastic origin go do...cold one
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by brownlord: 10:31pm On May 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
thanks ..I owe you one....barman na plastic origin go do...cold one

Let's go there, One leg of fish for you
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Ogadtop(m): 10:31pm On May 01, 2015
Twaci:

Good morning.
even if it is considered right,i wont do it because i dont wanna die young.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 01, 2015
rawpadgin:
U can monitor ur partner if u want to die young

I have an award for you.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by queebeediva(f): 10:34pm On May 01, 2015
Except if I want my life to be complicated if not I mind my hand not to break the Golden rule which say; Touch not that phone else na big Gobe for you. Nah !

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by babyfaceafrica: 10:36pm On May 01, 2015
grin
brownlord:

Let's go there, One leg of fish for you
lolz...leg of fish ke?
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by ifekayodee(m): 10:36pm On May 01, 2015
It is very wrong and childish,u'l suffer emotional trauma imagining things even when she's so true to u.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by brownlord: 10:37pm On May 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
grin lolz...leg of fish ke?

You prefer the lap?
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Tunnamania(m): 10:37pm On May 01, 2015
HaroldFinch:
I don't think it helps. It only fuels your anger and hatred more. Nobody is perfect and 'monitoring' will only allow your eyes to feed on your partner's secrets and flaws, which you also have. Whenever you're in doubts, call your partner and discuss as opined above. Communication helps a lot. I once monitored an ex and it became a disease. I wish I had used all those time for better things. We ended up breaking up cos I discovered lots of things that I found difficult to erase. I'm pretty sure if she had 'monitored me too, the same thing might have happened. In sum,' monitoring ' is like playing God. Start appreciating the good things in your partner and discuss things you find inconvenient.
If u hadn't monitored her, u wouldn't av found those secrets that made u jilted her. so it's good to monitor at times, it lets u know where u stand in her heart.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 01, 2015
Eh eh..! Is that how you judge people.?

Lol.....I pity you sha.!

jayedu108:
I neva knew dis is wat u do cheatin on ur man,step up ur game dis is nt dat close.
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by babyfaceafrica: 10:38pm On May 01, 2015
brownlord:

You prefer the lap?
the boobs and nipples won't be bad
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by ROCKHARDDK(m): 10:39pm On May 01, 2015
I don't because I don't see her as a "must have possesion". I always keep off any choke on ma girls. Free world, u can go without uprooting ma heart, dats all

Meanwhile; To Learn by urself and understand how to use "Power Point" even 2013release fully well without a one-on-one instructorn whatsapp or make / text me on 08167310666
Re: Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? by braine(m): 10:39pm On May 01, 2015
What if the partner is such a bloody liar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Covers His Girlfriend's Face, Takes Her To The Beach And Proposes To Her / 10 Classes Of Boyfriends / Kogi Lady Dumped By Her Lover After Giving Birth: "Be Careful, Men Are Liars”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.