Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For (3214 Views)

Eyitayo Jegede At His Residence This Morning / No Programme Of Event Has Been Scheduled For Osinbajo As Acting President- Today / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by bogolobango(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan will, this week, barring any last minute change, vacate his official residence at Aso Rock. This is to give room for construction giant, Julius Berger Plc, to commence extensive renovation work at the apartment, ahead of the inauguration of President- elect, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, on May 29.

Investigations revealed that Julius Berger has been given up to two weeks, beginning from next week, to complete the renovation, including furnishing of the official quarters. A top government functionary, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that Jonathan would move out within the week to the Glass House located just next to his official residence. He said: “Julius Berger will commence renovation immediately and complete it in two weeks.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by hadura29(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2015
Ok.. Next thread....

Meanwhile I wan go piss...

Power has shifted... God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by jumobi1(m): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2015
I get a feeling if GEJ could hand over roadway, he will. Perhaps this election broke his heart and as a result he has lost the drive to work.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Jorussia(m): 11:59am On Apr 22, 2015
nor b wastage of funds b dis one?
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Noloss(f): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Jorussia:
I wonder oo! N if u hear how much dem go take repair am u go hate urself for being in dis country
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by bogolobango(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
U right my sis dat money can feed a state for a month thats naija for u we have no choice
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
Buhari should call for a stop to this embarassed

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by initiate: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
jumobi1:
I get a feeling if GEJ could hand over roadway, he will. Perhaps this election broke his heart and as a result he has lost the drive to work.

Did he ever have any drive to work. Apart from the 6 wEeks frenzy during the election postponement period

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by onatisi(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
jumobi1:
gej was betrayed by people he trusted and stood solidly behind ,unfortunately the same set of ppl will troop into apc and the incoming govt also. But gej onlyy has himself to blame ,he should have been more independent minded and tough on so many policies.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by stonemind(f): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ok
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
Jorussia:
Same thought I had. What's there to renovate?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
dimples2:
Same thought too.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
onatisi:
gej was betrayed by people he trusted and stood solidly behind ,unfortunately the same set of ppl will troop into apc and the incoming govt also. But gej onlyy has himself to blame ,he should have been more independent minded and tough on so many policies.
Unfortunately, he's a softee!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by domido(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
SAUCE
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Jorussia(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Same thought I had. What's there to renovate?
I tire o,i guess its just another avenue to steal.A friend of mine who is a plumber got the shock of his life, last year wen they were called to come and renovate the official residence of the VC of one of federal universities.The new vc was to start using the place.He said they got there they surprised that all tiles which was still very new,the foams which has cellophane, brand new electronics, furnitures and the entire water closets and bathtubs were been removed replaced with another set of new ones.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by size40: 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
what's GEJ and his wicked wife still doing in the Villa? They should leave their b4 I open my eyes ooo!
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Same thought too.

I mean is this really necessary!
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by youngmonie: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
This is what I dnt like about Nigeria, wetin dem dey re-furnish again. The bed and chairs and everything wey dey der before, GEJ go pack am go ni?....im sure they must have budgeted for kitchen equipment again this year. What happend to the cooking wares that have been budgeted for every year since GEJ got there?
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by ndcide(m): 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
What is buhari's opinion about this? if Jonathan can reside in the building, up till now, I see no reason why Buhari can't move in after a cleanup.

What would those who manipulate the media have said had Jonathan carried out a renovation earlier... wouldn't they shout corruption? let's even say if Jonathan won the election, and decides to renovate, will the media hawks not shout corruption?

I just hope we don't reduce the level of expectation with this coming government.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
Jorussia:
I tire o,i guess its just another avenue to steal.A friend of mine who is a plumber got the shock of his life, last year wen they were called to come and renovate the official residence of the VC of one of federal universities.The new vc was to start using the place.He said they got there they surprised that all tiles which was still very new,the foams which has cellophane, brand new electronics, furnitures and the entire water closets and bathtubs were been removed replaced with another set of new ones.
Speechless. I thank GOD all these rubbish will soon be over.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
youngmonie:
This is what I dnt like about Nigeria, wetin dem dey re-furnish again. The bed and chairs and everything wey dey der before, GEJ go pack am go ni?....im sure they must have budgeted for kitchen equipment again this year. What happend to the cooking wares that have been budgeted for every year since GEJ got there?
I tire oh.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Jorussia(m): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Speechless. I thank GOD all these rubbish will soon be over.
Madam,i also pray and wish that they end soon.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
dimples2:

As wetin now? Minister of stop work?

Just because we want to stop corruption doesn't mean the president's house should be a slum. There is no humility in being poor and looking dirty
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
belabela:

As wetin now? Minister of stop work?

Just because we want to stop corruption doesn't mean the president's house should be a slum. There is no humility in being poor and looking dirty

Ehen Tell me something undecided

U mean Aso rock is a slum

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by chacoonder(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Though I don't think he's doing this in good faith but let's just "call a mad man the groom so that he can pave the way for us."..
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by kuramo: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
What troubles me is this, why must it be Julius Berger to renovate Aso rock. is it the only construction company in Nigeria capable of carrying out renovation work and was the so called renovation work put out to tender.

The incoming President Buhari needs to have the whole place de-bugged before moving in. I suspect Julius Berger will use the opportunity to install new sophisticated bugging and listening devices within the walls and the entire electrical/ communication systems in Aso rock. And that is assuming they haven't planted such devices in the past in the same premises.

The German company will do this at the request of the German intelligence services and the CIA.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by barackosama(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Eyah ...gonna miss Jona sha.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by gaby(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
Its shocking that most people here would have expected the new president to move in without a proper clean up and (out). I'm pretty sure this is a standard procedure and the ( renovation) mentioned here-in could simply mean checks for bugs and eventual debugging. Abi una want make GEJ dey view or listen to everything wey GMB dey do inside office and bedroom?

And yes its got to be Julius Berger because they built everything and as such have the masterplan.
My opinion though I might be wrong.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by blezzymoore: 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
Thank God u re quitting Aso villa with ur family alive.
Not as a corpse.
Re: President Jonathan Quits Villa Residence This Week For Renovation Scheduled For by Wsdm: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Why people dey complain about renovation like this? Note that renovation is different from reconstruction It is possible Jonathan has painted some place with some religious inscription which must certainly be removed; the kitchen that must have been occupied by dog meat, pork, and ogogoro shouldn't be removed or what? The beds that must have been used for illicit activities should not be removed to accomodate the heart fulfilment of the new occupant? Renovation is good. The only thing is that there should be no wastages.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan / Breaking- Rivers IPOB Protest By Ikwerre, Okrika, Ogoni And Eleme People / 27-year Old Nigerian To Tour The World And Meet Every Facebook Friend (pic/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.