Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,942 members, 7,799,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) (23291 Views)

Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message / Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / T.B Joshua Named 'Yoruba Man Of The Decade', Soyinka 'Yoruba Man Of The Year' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by wisdomguy4u(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
HAUSA
Personally, i like the Hausa man because he is a free & kind giver, welcoming to strangers and very sincere when it comes to daily business dealings. A hausa man will hardly ever want to cheat you in business. A hausa man is also a contended person, he can have a very low class and poor job, but he would be very contended with it and will thank God. Also, once a hausa man has liked you, he will almost show u love to the end.

Only one thing can turn that love to hatred overnight and that thin is TOUCHING HIS RELIGION. That is the bad side of the hausa man. A hausa man
can do absolutely anything if you touch his religion, no matter how wicked, or heartless it may be. The hausa man is easily brainwashed by religion, once
touch his (religion), he can completely loose his senses. They are also more prone to violence more than every other tribe in Nigeria. Also, the hausa man is the greatest discriminator (especially in the aspect of religion). This is why you see that hausas have derogatory names for different people the way they view them from their religious point of views. hausa man when it comes to land. He will come and settle on your land, you will welcome him and afterwards when he and his people & children have populated the place, they forget or deny everything and turn around to say they are the original ancestral owners of the place.

IGBO
The good side of the igbo man is that he is a very hard working, industrious and progressive person. An igbo man always believes in sure progress (i must succeed) and leaves no room for failure or laziness. They are very smart, calculative & enterprising in nature. They bring peace & development to wherever they go. An igbo man is well exposed and well travelled and interacts well with others. They also have very good looking and beautiful people. They are resilient and hard headed people who always stand after their words and choices and do not waiver here and there. They easily integrate and easily mix with others wherever they are found and show utmost respect to other peoples cultures wherever they go. They don't believe in oppression of those they are more than. They believe that they should always be the best in
everything, and this is where some of their problems come in.

The bad side of the igbo man is that they always like to be on top when doing anything with you, they want
you to play foolish and them wise. Some of them see all other tribes as less wise and themselves wiser. They always want to outsmart you. Also, criminality is another major problem of the
igbos. Always in a bid and haste to succeed and their love for money, they can almost do anything at all no
matter how wicked it may be to make money. Igbos are not also
liberal givers, quite stingy & greedy.

YORUBA
The lovable things about yorubas is firstly their very respectful nature. Disrespect towards elders is not
tolerated in anyway amongst them. A yoruba can see you and greet you ten times a day bending down. Yorubas are very very peaceful in nature and not troublemakers. A yoruba man loves to be enlightened and believes so much in education and enlightenment. They are a very neutral people especially when it comes to religion. Religious sentiment is the last thing you can ever try to use to deceive a yoruba man. They don't care who is a muslim or who is a christian, they believe so much in religious oneness and unity to the end. That
is why you can find a yoruba family with adherents of islam, christianity & traditional religion, i have even seen a yoruba man who claims he is a practitioner of all 3 religions.
Yorubas are very social and fun to be with, hence their crazy love for partying and clubbing.

The bad side of yorubas is their attitude of tribalism. They so much love their culture and tradition to the end and sometimes take it too far when dealing with others. The yoruba man is also just like a chameleon, never stable in behaviour, a hypocrite, you can never
predict which colour he will be tomorrow. You can never really trust a yoruba man because he is a backstabber and betrayer, both of you may agree
something here and he will go behind your back to say a different thing. A yoruba man also has a typical
cowardly attitude, anything happens they will be the first to run away despite their plenty talk. They talk too much and do little action. They are very good in
insulting and running their mouths.
A yoruba man is also a very big critic. Criticizes everything. They are also very big pretenders, they can see you and fall at your feet worshiping you with their greetings, only if u know what they are
doing to you at your back. Yoruba people are also very very dirty people, no doubt.
Lastly they believe so much in diabolical and traditional powers, charms, native doctors (babalawo) and juju medicine, this is why there are so many human parts factories in the land for human
rituals. Anyone that thinks it's a lie, watch any yoruba movie starting to ending and if you don't see babalawo
involved, then know that all i am writing here is untrue trash.

However, in all these cases above, there are people who will always have exceptional characters. So it is not applicable to 100% of the people, but however majority.

Any middlebelter who has lived amongst these 3 majority groups can always attest to this, sentiments
aside. Someone from Kogi said, the 3 major Nigerian groups are our 3 major problems in this country. I partly agree with that and at the same time partly
disagree because the 3 major Nigerian groups have also been blessings to Nigeria one way or the other in different ways, just that in summary always, they
will always have good & bad sides as almost all things have their unique advantages and disadvantages.

Finally, every tribe has it's own good and bad sides , for Nigeria to move forward all we need is tolerancy among ourselves. When you travel outside Nigeria, you will see nobody cares whether you are Igbo, yoruba or hausa... They will only recognize you as a Nigerian.

SAY NO TO TRIBLISM

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
kiss Look at all u said about ur tribe ibo and compare it with yoruba & Hausa now why are you saying No to tribalism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Femolacaster(m): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
OK, NEXT!
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by wisdomguy4u(m): 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
chowlade:
kiss Look at all u said about ur tribe ibo and compare it with yoruba & Hausa now why are you saying No to tribalism

My dear, am not igbo oo . Am a Niger deltan

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by funmijoyb(f): 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
I only know about ibo people because they are very common everywhere like Sand

a.ibos are flat-headed people

b.70% of their females are high grade prostitute both local & international

c.They are the most hated tribe arround the globe and in Nigeria

d.They are selfish being. wot they r selling for 20N they want to sell it for 200N. They do Juju before they enter business just 2 be rich and they will accept d repercusions

.e.they caused backwardness to this nation by shiping in of fake goods and properties

f.They are responsible for 99% of bleaching creams /skin lighting Creams in Nigeria therefore they think they beautiful. Fela-kuti wrote dat song 4 them indirectly (yellow fever)

g.They consume d most alcohol/weed unlike other tribe

h.They attend schools in SW but na their girls always carry last

i.Ibo Man sabi Waka i.e they can wallk the whole of this country pushing wheel barrow in the Sun.

j.When civil wars arises they dies in millions and Thousands u we hear E woooo ooo.

k.They are very arogant and rude to elders like orubebe.

They knew what's original , but they will put on fake

just a few bro.

No tribalism Pls.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

My dear, am not igbo oo . Am a Niger deltan

is it not part of Ndigbo land in the south east?
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by hopeforcharles(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
chowlade:
Hahahahhahahahahhaha u are quite funny, well 65% for what he said is true because I have lived and had encounters business and otherwise with all these tribes.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by wisdomguy4u(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
chowlade:

is it not part of Ndigbo land in the south east?

Niger delta is in the south south , not south east
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
when it came to Yoruba, you listed a lot of bad qualities...
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 23, 2015
"They also have very good looking and beautiful people." That line alone discredits your whole analysis.
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
funmijoyb:
I only knows about ibo people because they are very common everywhere like Sand

d.They are selfish being. wot they r selling for 20N they want to sell it for 200N. They do Juju before they enter business just 2 be rich and they will accept d repercusions

.e.they caused backwardness to this nation by shiping in fake goods and properties

f.They are responsible for 99% of bleaching creams /skin lighting Creams in Nigeria therefore they think they beautiful. Fela-kuti wrote dat song 4 them indirectly (yellow fever)

i.Ibo Man sabi Waka i.e they can wallk the whole of this country pushing wheel barrow in the Son.

j.When civil wars arises they dies in millions and Thousands u we hear E woooo ooo.

They know original cloths but they will put on fake

just a few bro.

No tribalism Pls.

majority of yolobas are gay and lesb1an including you.

Change, tribal bigotry kills

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by irynterri(f): 12:53am On Jun 05, 2015
dis is d best analysis of the three major tribes in nigeria i've ever read,i agree with everything u said about the hausa,igbo and yoruba,anyone who feels its a lie is either being biased or maybe he is nt observant..all the same its high time we begin to spread the message of love,i'm yet to understand why kunle must hate obi and why emeka must curse musa,d most painful part is dat 'christians' are part of this,of what use is it been a christian and hating ur fellow man because of his tribe?,have we forgotten dat Christ said the greatest commandment is to love God and love thy neighbour,bt christians of this day shamelessly say silly things like i'm igbophobic or i hate northerners..SHAME ON US ALL..there is no point paying ur tithe if u hate emeka or kunle or musa,just go and flex ur money..now @funmijoyb luk at all the trash u just spat,i cant believe a lady can so something so unintelligent,even ur vocabulary is appalling,my dear u are worth more than this and u can do better than insulting another tribe,embrace peace and love and see how better ur life will be.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by funmijoyb(f): 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
irynterri:
dis is d best analysis of the three major tribes in nigeria i've ever read,i agree with everything u said about the hausa,igbo and yoruba,anyone who feels its a lie is either being biased or maybe he is nt observant..all the same its high time we begin to spread the message of love,i'm yet to understand why kunle must hate obi and why emeka must curse musa,d most painful part is dat 'christians' are part of this,of what use is it been a christian and hating ur fellow man because of his tribe?,have we forgotten dat Christ said the greatest commandment is to love God and love thy neighbour,bt christians of this day shamelessly say silly things like i'm igbophobic or i hate northerners..SHAME ON US ALL..there is no point paying ur tithe if u hate emeka or kunle or musa,just go and flex ur money..now @funmijoyb luk at all the trash u just spat,i cant believe a lady can so something so unintelligent,even ur vocabulary is appalling,my dear u are worth more than this and u can do better than insulting another tribe,embrace peace and love and see how better ur life will be.
are we not peaceful enough with them? aren't they living with us? so u want us to stay peaceful so that they continue to cause uproar even in SW. go think about it.
Those sects that think they are not part of Nigeria, that so much dislike d tribe that's hosting them in d SW, hates/envy our culture and traditions and they totally dislike/hate themselves so much, don't deserve such any further. Remember they've made themselves our household enemy since Nigeria gained her independence and they will not stop.They are the ones that need to be peaceful, cautioned and they need calling to order. or else nemesis will caught up with them and we shall continue to be hostile to them.

and btw don't quote me again Pls. both Male and female r fed up with them.
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by say9ng(m): 10:32am On Dec 09, 2015
C

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by macof(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
Dubious and insincere op. And you hypocritically said "say no to tribalism"
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by jioron: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
say9ng:
Well some of the informations here are true, but since your methodology is subjective to your thinking and exposure only, then it makes it invalid.
Let me add and subtract some of the vital informations you gave above.
You talk about criminal case and u attribute Igbo's as major strikers, well I believe you have not been duped by aboki that wash fake dollars or mystical powers, then you will know The role of an Hausa man in terms of criminals case in Nigeria.
2. You mentioned about Yoruba people to be very dirty, that is not true, Igbo are very dirty compare to Yoruba. I live in Lagos and I see Igbo's and their houses, come to ajegunle, orile, aguda,ijesha,alaba, this are Igbo's area. Then you will see how dirty they are, they can tie 1 rappa for 2month, their flats or room smell of bad odour. 1room per 5 or 6 people.
3. You also mentioned juju, you were right about the indigenous religion of the oodua ,I mean the Yoruba. But Igbo's are their major customers, for food poision and market charm to boost costumers. And also Igbo's are the major strikers in money rituals, which involve spiritual powers.
4. Most cult group and bad society are majorly Igbo people.
5. I agree that Yoruba people can not be trusted by their words but only by their actions.
7. Most prostitute in home and abroad are Igbo's, and drug pusher's.
8. A good thing about Yoruba and Hausa is that , to marry their daughters you need little or no money at all, all they are after is a brighter future while Igbo's depend marriage on money, that's why they have high rate Divorce cases.

Many more and more

Keep on deceiving yourself. Yorubas are the babas of money rituals and juju in Nigeria. In Nigeria your region is the home of fetish activities and it has been so for centuries, pre-independence till now.In Nigeria, no Nigerian group surpasses you. I am not saying that all Yorubas are like that, bu they have the highest numbers; it is afterall their creation. From the recent Ibadan house of horror where over one hundred dead bodies where found to countless. This author isnt Igbo but he voiced what many believe. There is just too much stories of rituals in your region. Yes Igboland has had excesses like Otokoto and Okijia, but a lot as been done to curtail them. Houses belonging to suspected ritualists/kidnapers have been destroyed and many more activitys to stop them.

People equate the Igbo aggression to succeed as seeking money at all cost, when in reality it is just hardwork and trying to succeed in the failed state that is Nigeria. That's why Igbo rule in every state economy in the country. Nigerians generally do

Where are the Igbo prostitutes? By now there should be news reports and studies about it. Maybe in your mind the Edo prostitues abroad are 'Omo Igbos'. Igbo women are by and large too self-respecting to tour around the world wit their buttocks. Fail.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by say9ng(m): 9:14am On Dec 11, 2015
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by jioronn: 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
So your grande evidence of Igbos having the highest prostitutes home and abroad comes from a statement made by Rochas. Lol grin. You couldn't find studies, books and articles to support your point. While Igbo women are the most educated segment of the Nigerian population your women are known for being adulterous, promiscuous and fetish. Your men are falling over themselves to marry Igbo women.

You of all people, a yoruba man, having a conversation on rituals and juju? You are a clown. In march last year the mother of all ritual discoveries was made in Ibadan when a forest was found to have 100-150 human bodies and skulls and hundreds kidnapped for rituals.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/03/disturbing-tales-ibadan-forest-horror/. Just google ritual murder in Nigeria in the past 2 years and see which areas that show up with disturbing frequency. Yorubaland is scary. The Okija you derive your source of Igbo being ritualists, came to Igboland via Igbo renegades who learnt it in Yorubaland. There were no incidence of rituals in Igbo until recently. Growing up in the 50s, 60s etc, ritual murder was unheard of in Igboland and this is one of the reasons I want my people out of Nigeria. Okija has been dealt with in Anambra; it was exposed by an anambra indigene and subsequently dealt with from Peter Obi's tenure onwards.

Because you can not match the business intelligence, thrift, hardwork of the dominating Igbo business class you attribute them to the fetishism of region. While Yorubas are owanbeing, Igbos are saving up for business ventures. That is why you have no local equivalents of Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Everywhere Igbos live in large numbers, within and without Nigeria, they create a business culture. Creating wealth is in our blood. Igbo enterprenualism predates Nigeria by centuries. I can understand why you want to remain a Nigerian. Igbo enterprenualism supplies Lagos a hefty shunk of its taxes yearly. Plus other benefits the Nigerian state brings to your region. One-Nigeria benefits your states greatly. But we must flee to a country where there would be no rituals and juju, and where civilization would find true birth.

I am not surprised I am having this conversation with a Yoruba person about Juju and rituals as pretence, hypocrisy and juju run in most of you. You have the temerity to open your mouth on Igbos after loads of news reports on human parts market, ritual murders etc in your region. Well maybe I would school you today on what many think of your region.I am debating with someone whose Obas have to be buried with human heads. When it comes the juju, rituals in Nigeria, Yorubaland is the headsource. You are the babas of money rituals and juju. The vast majority of Igbos want to leave Nigeria. We must.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by wolex1ak(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
yes igbo av hightest prostitutes in nigeria and abroad and they are so dirty and loud voice
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by olaitoro(m): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2016
When it comes to immorality give it to yorubas, they are second to know

yorubas are fetish and ritual practices is a daily activities in their mosque, that is why hausa moslems see yoruba moslem as infidels.

Yorubas are dirty and have body ordor that stinks like dead body, you can percieve a yoruba at a distance because of the ordor.

Say no to tribalism

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by TheWayToZion: 12:29pm On May 14, 2016
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by lekbel09(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Very well written article am also a yoruba guy buh its tru
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by HitlerGaddafi: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hausa's are very friendly, accommodating and are willing to help you depending on their capacity. They will never cheat you and they are very honest. Above all, they are very friendly and easy to approach.

Igbo's are very rude, think only about themselves before even their families. In igbo land, everyone is on his/her own. They don't make friends easily as they think you are just there to cheat them. They are very greedy, selfish and above all, rude. Their girls seems to have a thing for handsome guys too. Them go like you die.

Did I just say Igbo's are rude? Then Yoruba's are rudest if there's any word like that. They can be very rude and irritating. They carry greetings on top their head as if its what will bring food to their table. If you don't greet them na war. They are full of jealousy and can gossip for Africa. Just ask their women why they fight everyday. Their women are also usually xtra large. Extra big to the extent that you'll even be wondering the size of panties they wear. They respect respect more than even money.
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Elitestar(m): 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
I just heard someone saying that it was Igbo that caused the backwardness of Nigeria whoever that said that is a big liar and an illiterate before the civil war igbos were very prosperous they had a lot of intelligent people and they were progressive people they could even manufacture their own goods with good quality they were wise people but they were betrayed by Yoruba and Hausa people who were jealous of them, in fact Igbo people were blessings to Nigeria not until they were suppressed by the Hausa and Yoruba people, Hausa and yorubas caused the backwardness of Nigeria not Igbos

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Elitestar(m): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
funmijoyb:
I only know about ibo people because they are very common everywhere like Sand

.e.they caused backwardness to this nation by shiping in of fake goods and properties

i.Ibo Man sabi Waka i.e they can wallk the whole of this country pushing wheel barrow in the Sun.

They knew what's original , but they will put on fake

just a few bro.

No tribalism Pls.

yoruba people are very wicked people that practice all manner of evil most Yoruba men can kill their fellow Yoruba man in other to have his wife. Yoruba people are known well for their pretence

2. Yoruba are very dirty people a Yoruba man can never wash his plate after a meal, a Yoruba man can go to toilet inside his house he will pass stool inside a leather or baby rubber pow, a Yoruba man can wear a singlet for one week without washing it

3 Yoruba people are heavy liars, and very lazy people their are many of them that claim to be prophets yet they are false prophets and liars

4 Yoruba are fornicators a Yoruba man can have sex with his brothers wife in secret without his friend or brother knowing about it

5 Yorubas practice tribalism just like a religion a Yoruba man will never help you because you are not from his tribe they only help those who are from their tribe

Yoruba people are big liars,dirty people, and pretenders wicked and very lazy

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Elitestar(m): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2018
Yoruba people are the highest bleachers in Nigeria, you can see a Yoruba woman with a black face but very yellow leg this is because of the bleaching cream most Yoruba women use, Yoruba girls practice prostitution but yet they pretend and say that they do not.
it is in Yoruba land that you will see a father in law having sex with his daughter in law, education was brought to yoruba and Hausa land by Igbo teachers together with other Europeans
Yoruba are very jealous and they are never trustworthy, the worst mistake one can make is to trust a Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by geosegun(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
wisdomguy4u:
HAUSA
Personally, i like the Hausa man because he is a free & kind giver, welcoming to strangers and very sincere when it comes to daily business dealings. A hausa man will hardly ever want to cheat you in business. A hausa man is also a contended person, he can have a very low class and poor job, but he would be very contended with it and will thank God. Also, once a hausa man has liked you, he will almost show u love to the end.

Only one thing can turn that love to hatred overnight and that thin is TOUCHING HIS RELIGION. That is the bad side of the hausa man. A hausa man
can do absolutely anything if you touch his religion, no matter how wicked, or heartless it may be. The hausa man is easily brainwashed by religion, once
touch his (religion), he can completely loose his senses. They are also more prone to violence more than every other tribe in Nigeria. Also, the hausa man is the greatest discriminator (especially in the aspect of religion). This is why you see that hausas have derogatory names for different people the way they view them from their religious point of views. hausa man when it comes to land. He will come and settle on your land, you will welcome him and afterwards when he and his people & children have populated the place, they forget or deny everything and turn around to say they are the original ancestral owners of the place.

IGBO
The good side of the igbo man is that he is a very hard working, industrious and progressive person. An igbo man always believes in sure progress (i must succeed) and leaves no room for failure or laziness. They are very smart, calculative & enterprising in nature. They bring peace & development to wherever they go. An igbo man is well exposed and well travelled and interacts well with others. They also have very good looking and beautiful people. They are resilient and hard headed people who always stand after their words and choices and do not waiver here and there. They easily integrate and easily mix with others wherever they are found and show utmost respect to other peoples cultures wherever they go. They don't believe in oppression of those they are more than. They believe that they should always be the best in
everything, and this is where some of their problems come in.

The bad side of the igbo man is that they always like to be on top when doing anything with you, they want
you to play foolish and them wise. Some of them see all other tribes as less wise and themselves wiser. They always want to outsmart you. Also, criminality is another major problem of the
igbos. Always in a bid and haste to succeed and their love for money, they can almost do anything at all no
matter how wicked it may be to make money. Igbos are not also
liberal givers, quite stingy & greedy.

YORUBA
The lovable things about yorubas is firstly their very respectful nature. Disrespect towards elders is not
tolerated in anyway amongst them. A yoruba can see you and greet you ten times a day bending down. Yorubas are very very peaceful in nature and not troublemakers. A yoruba man loves to be enlightened and believes so much in education and enlightenment. They are a very neutral people especially when it comes to religion. Religious sentiment is the last thing you can ever try to use to deceive a yoruba man. They don't care who is a muslim or who is a christian, they believe so much in religious oneness and unity to the end. That
is why you can find a yoruba family with adherents of islam, christianity & traditional religion, i have even seen a yoruba man who claims he is a practitioner of all 3 religions.
Yorubas are very social and fun to be with, hence their crazy love for partying and clubbing.

The bad side of yorubas is their attitude of tribalism. They so much love their culture and tradition to the end and sometimes take it too far when dealing with others. The yoruba man is also just like a chameleon, never stable in behaviour, a hypocrite, you can never
predict which colour he will be tomorrow. You can never really trust a yoruba man because he is a backstabber and betrayer, both of you may agree
something here and he will go behind your back to say a different thing. A yoruba man also has a typical
cowardly attitude, anything happens they will be the first to run away despite their plenty talk. They talk too much and do little action. They are very good in
insulting and running their mouths.
A yoruba man is also a very big critic. Criticizes everything. They are also very big pretenders, they can see you and fall at your feet worshiping you with their greetings, only if u know what they are
doing to you at your back. Yoruba people are also very very dirty people, no doubt.
Lastly they believe so much in diabolical and traditional powers, charms, native doctors (babalawo) and juju medicine, this is why there are so many human parts factories in the land for human
rituals. Anyone that thinks it's a lie, watch any yoruba movie starting to ending and if you don't see babalawo
involved, then know that all i am writing here is untrue trash.

However, in all these cases above, there are people who will always have exceptional characters. So it is not applicable to 100% of the people, but however majority.

Any middlebelter who has lived amongst these 3 majority groups can always attest to this, sentiments
aside. Someone from Kogi said, the 3 major Nigerian groups are our 3 major problems in this country. I partly agree with that and at the same time partly
disagree because the 3 major Nigerian groups have also been blessings to Nigeria one way or the other in different ways, just that in summary always, they
will always have good & bad sides as almost all things have their unique advantages and disadvantages.

Finally, every tribe has it's own good and bad sides , for Nigeria to move forward all we need is tolerancy among ourselves. When you travel outside Nigeria, you will see nobody cares whether you are Igbo, yoruba or hausa... They will only recognize you as a Nigerian.

SAY NO TO TRIBLISM

Whoever wrote those gibberish and lies, up there is the chief of tribalists, such will still be the one to cry foul and accuse other people who defend their tribes of tribalism. If one decides to ignore, they still call you a coward.

The OP is one of Nigeria's greatest problems. You are the chief tribalist. For you to even waste your time to write such tribalistic posts exposes your myopic tribal tendencies and hence, you can be called a bigot.

Funny enough, you wrote "No to tribalism at the end of your post " but did exactly the opposite in your thread? That shows, how much, you lacked wisdom and you just exposed how foolish you have been.

Never in your miserable life write anything of such about other tribes you knew little or nothing about.

When someone calls leaders of tommorrow, you too would want to come out? I pity your generation!
Re: Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) by Chrysogonusxtian(m): 5:02am On Sep 13, 2018
Partially true shaa

(1) (Reply)

Man Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing In A River To Become A Chief In Bayelsa.Photos / Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council / How to know a genuine babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.