Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates (29882 Views)

Admission 2016: List Of Schools That Have Released Admission List / PRESSID 2015/2016 SCHOLARS YET TO BE CONTACTED / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by shinebabe(f): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2015
Mayflowa:

The names on the list are in the following order: Firstname, Middlename Surname

Internationally and in official documents, when you write a name and put a comma, the name proceeding the said comma is the surname.

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by shinebabe(f): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Scholastica is a female name

Internationally and in official documents, when you write a name and put a comma, the name proceeding the said comma is the surname.

so its either they have made a mistake, or that name is altogether fake.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by breakeven: 11:38am On Apr 24, 2015
zungum:
none frm north-east
But they said book is haram. Any way this program is on merit not federal character.

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2015
shinebabe:

so its either they have made a mistake, or that name is altogether fake.
What rubbish!
And that format applies only to SCHOLASTICA and not the other names on the list?. Did the programme start this year?
Do you think you are talking to your villagers. Please shut up and go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Onyeoma3: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2015
One of the awardees finished from FUTO, Industrial Physics (IPH) .... I must say the guy really deserves it.... Ask me why.

Since the inception of FUTO in 1981,IPH has never had any 1st class graduate, but in 2012 (31 years after), he broke the record in the history of the school.... Made a 1st class of 4.68 from Electronic Physics...I believe some other awardees there would have similar remarkable potentials.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by paix(m): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2015
sauceny:

Maybe they don't deserve it¿ undecided
Maybe their governors and ministers were busy stealing money when other governors and ministers were sending names for the list.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by shinebabe(f): 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
What rubbish!
And that format applies only to SCHOLASTICA and not the other names on the list. Did the programme start this year?
Do you think you are talking to your villagers. Please shut up and go and sit down.

I wasn't stating my observations based on the component of the name as against others, I only responded to someone who said the person must be Yoruba and of Igbo mom. The name as written in the lost suggests differently at least according to the standard format of arranging names.

You don't need to get angry over what you don't know about. Also, pls learn to read and understand the context of ones argument before putting forth emotional put downs.

I'm done with this as I've made my observation known and anyone can easily see the point I'm making. You won't get a reply after this..

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
shinebabe:

I wasn't stating my observations based on the component of the name as against others, I only responded to someone who said the person must be Yoruba and of Igbo mom. The name as written in the lost suggests differently at least according to the standard format of arranging names.

You don't need to get angry over what you don't know about. Also, pls learn to read and understand the context of ones argument before putting forth emotional put downs.

I'm done with this as I've made my observation known and anyone can easily see the point I'm making. You won't get a reply after this..
I got angry about your fabricated protocol "internationally" with regards to writing of names. You just made that up and it is silly and juvenile. I challenge you to provide any corroboration. Any intelligent person scrolling through that list who is Nigerian will realise that the surnames are Last.Yes it may be confusing but that does not justify concocting a non existent convention just to be "right" in argument.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by seunmsg(m): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
nkwako:
im not a tribalist but pls this hate on ibos needs to stop....just from waec records alone u need no magic to know that south easterners are sound. It was clearly based on merit .....lots of graduates from the north are nothing to write home about so pls tell ur leaders that send their children abroad but tell u religion is number one to improve education in the north..... plsss pls leave ibos alone

And how is this a hate on the ibos? Please show me the part of the OP that shows hatred to ibos.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Mayflowa(m): 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
shinebabe:

You are correct Shinebabe but this list is not so. I don't know why NUC has to go with first name first. Anyway, there isn't quality standard on organisation's order of names.

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by okonkwo44: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
D south re busy educating dere youths,while d north re busy using dere youth for dere sellfish political interest.according to mdg rating on education,south east scored d highest rate,d whole north scored d poorest. Mind u d north hav been wt power n wealth ever since d creation of dis fake nation.

3 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by nkwako: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
seunmsg:

And how is this a hate on the ibos? Please show me the part of the OP that shows hatred to ibos.

PEOPLE'S COMMENTS.....
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by eCollynzo: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
ArewaWarrior:

All of your likes that talk of the North do NOT know the North, most have never been there but comfortably sit behind a keyboard and talk rubbish like yourself.

Even if Federal character is pushed aside and whatever criteria is deployed in a selection process, the north will have ample representation. The population is superior to all other geographical zones, regardless of poverty and almajiris that wonder about, a decent portion can challenge on an international level talk less of national.

This stereotype of ignorance in the North and intelligence in the South which you promote says alot about how poorly wired you are my friend.

The PRESSID list is unacceptable and it stinks of foul play. Mark me next years list is going to be very very different.

Many of us who 'talk' have served in the north and as you know most of youth corpers who serve there end up teaching in schools, so we are very well placed to talk about the level of education in the north, it is quite frankly nothing to write home about.
As for you phantom superior population, quantity isn't the same as quality. The first class graduates from the north and every other part of the country are brought together to write a test and the best 100 graduates are selected based on their performance in that test. If the north is not well represented, it is because their first class graduates aren't as good as those from the south.

8 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by dollyptosh(m): 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
bright007:
As far Nigeria is concerned, almost all these first class students were professional crammers in school.

Not beefing them though because I also tried to cram my way to first class only to get 4.35 as final GP.

Hard work pays because cramming is really hard work

congratulations to all of them.
lmao...what is hard work without cramming?? Not everyone is like that though.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by bright007(f): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
nifton:

Shoro niyen.

oro gidi ni oooo
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by okonkwo44: 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bants:
Igbo names are too much this look like a fraud
Z beta dis nation divides,deres no unity,a particular region sees education as irrelevant,and a sin,now dey want 2 pertake in it. Go browse abt MDG statistics on education,and see y d ibos name re in d list.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by shinebabe(f): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mayflowa:

You are correct Shinebabe but this list is not so. I don't know why NUC has to go with first name first. Anyway, there isn't quality standard on organisation's order of names.

Honestly, I'm not even against going for first name first. That can be attributed to the use of American based software or that those who compiled the names don't know the rules about proper format.

But what I wanted to point our is the use of the comma after a name. Usually the name that precedes such is the surname. If they put all the names there without any comma, then I can accept they are using the american format, which isn't the internationally accepted format too.

@omonnakoda, I realised that all the names had the surnames last. In that wise, you may have a point. However, the list isn't properly arranged is my point and that can be misleading. To foreigners for instance, how will they know the surname? You could pick out the surname cos you're Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by MsZeezah: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
shinebabe:

Yes, we all know that. But go on the list and check, the first name was put first, then comma after. Haba!! Even a dumb fellow knows Scholarstica is a female name. And I also went through the lists. At least I can categorically tell you that the Yoruba ones amongst them had their last name last, and not first as it is universally done. Their motive for doing this, I dunno
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by MsZeezah: 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
shinebabe:

Honestly, I'm not even against going for first name first. That can be attributed to the use of American based software or that those who compiled the names don't know the rules about proper format.

But what I wanted to point our is the use of the comma after a name. Usually the name that precedes such is the surname. If they put all the names there without any comma, then I can accept they are using the american format, which isn't the internationally accepted format too.

@omonnakoda, I realised that all the names had the surnames last. In that wise, you may have a point. However, the list isn't properly arranged is my point and that can be misleading. To foreigners for instance, how will they know the surname? You could pick out the surname cos you're Nigerian.

Bolded. The American software could not have done that. It was the person that wrote the list. Yeah, Americans write in the format of First Name...Middle Name...Last Name, but in any situation that warrants writing in that format above, then the Last Name or Surname (in Nigeria) is written first, (Usually in Block letters and with a comma) then First Name and Middle Name after that.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by shinebabe(f): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
MsZeezah:

Bolded. The American software could not have done that. It was the person that wrote the list. Yeah, Americans write in the format of First Name...Middle Name...Last Name, but in any situation that warrants writing in that format above, then the Last Name or Surname (in Nigeria) is written first, (Usually in Block letters and with a comma) then First Name and Middle Name after that.

True.

The reason why I said American software is because most of the data are collected using software and the scholarship recipients only fill what spaces are provided for their names; the software does the rest. Maybe its a faulty software though cos softwares are written by humans too and can have errors.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Oghenetega shocked This is good news..
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by maki(f): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
Not even 1 Kalabari name ... Na wa ooo
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by IbokUtoroh(m): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Presidential Scholarship (PRESSID) 2015/16 List of Successful Candidates Published
Apr 18, 2015
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of successful applicants for Pressid scholarship is out. The Implementation Committee of the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) is pleased to announce the names of the successful candidates for the award of scholarships for the 2015/2016 academic session as follows:

S/No NAME
1. ABDULHAFIZ, ONIMISI USMAN
2. ABDULHAKEEM, ONIMISI MOMOH
3. ABDULJELIL, IYANIWURA ADIO ADEBOLA
4. ABDULRAHMAN, OLAOBAJU
5. ABIODUN, ADESOLA ADETUNJI
6. ADUNOLA, CHRISTIANA FASHOGBON
7. ALOYSIUS, KENECHUKWU EZEILO
8. ATINUKE, OMOTANWA OLALEYE
9. AUSTIN, AKACHUKWU NWOKEDIUKO
10. AYODEJI, AVIS ADENIRAN
11. AYOMIDE, AYEYEMI AKINTAYO
12. BABAJIDE, OLAOLU AKINTUNDE
13. BABAJIDE, YUSUF ONANUGA
14. BAYONLE, AISHAT DAUDA
15. BEST, EDEKI
16. CHARLES, OBIOHA OSUAFOR
17. CHIAMAKA, PEACE UZOEWULU
18. CHIDOZIE, DONALD OJOBOR
19. CHIKA, VICTOR EZE
20. CHIMA, DONATUS UJOATUONU
21. CHIMA, STANLEY EKE
22. CHINEDU, AZUBUIKE AJOKU
23. CHINEDU, JOSEPH NWOKEDIUKO
24. CHISOM, IHUAKU AKAKURU
25. CHISOM, SYLVIA ANYAEZU
26. CHUKWUMA, DAVID IZUOGU
27. DANIEL, OBIORA UDENZE
28. DANIEL, OSETARE IKHALO
29. EBERE, SUNNY CHUKWUBA
30. EMEKA, NDULUE
31. EMMANUEL, OKEOGHENE EFEONAH
32. EMMANUEL, OLUWATOBI OLUGBADE
33. FLORA, TOBI OYINE OKETA
34. GABRIEL, UGOCHUKWU EGBO
35. GIDEON, IDUMAH
36. GIDEON, UCHEHARA
37. HILLARY, ONYEBUCHI ONYISHI
38. HYACINTH, CHIJIOKE ALI
39. IFEANYI, KIZITO MADU
40. IFEOMA, UCHENNA ONUGHA
41. IKENNA, CHRISTOPHER OKWARA
42. ISAIAH, OLABISI ADELABU
43. ISIJOKELU, GIFT IJEH
44. ISRAEL, MAYOMI THOMAS
45. ISRAEL, OLABISI KOIKU
46. IZUNNA, ODINAKA UMEZINNE
47. JIDEOFOR, AMBROSE HENRY ODOEZE
48. JOSEPH, OLUWABUSAYO ADETOYINBO
49. JOSHUA, ADELEKE FOLORUNSO
50. JUDE, IKAZEGBE INWUMOH
51. KINGSLEY, ONYEKACHI EGBO
52. MARTIN, CHINWEOKWU EZE
53. MARTINS, OSHIORIAMHE AINERUA
54. MARYLEEN, ULUAKU NDUBUAKU
55. MORGAN, MANUCHIM WOPARA
56. MOSES, ENWUBIKO UFFOR
57. NNAEMEKA, WALTER CHIME
58. OBIAJULU, COLLINS CHUKWUMA
59. OGADIMMA, DESMOND OKAGU
60. OGECHUKWU, VINCENTIA EZEH
61. OGHENETEGA, JOSHUA ODJEGBA
62. OGHENEYOMA, OGAGAOGHENE ADJEKPIYEDE
63. OGOCHUKWU, KINGSLEY IJEOMAH
64. OKWUNNA, MARYJANE UMEGO
65. OLADAYO, AKINOLA SIYANBOLA
66. OLAKUNLE, SUNDAY ABAWONSE
67. OLALEKAN, PETER OGUNMEFUN
68. OLAMIDE, YOMI KUMAPAYI
69. OLAPEJU, OMOSOLA BADEJO
70. OLUCHUKWU, ROSELINE OBI-ALAGO
71. OLUFISAYO, TITILOPE OSOKO
72. OLUMIDE, OLUSEGUN OSOKOYA
73. OLUWADAMILOLA, AYOTUNDE AYODELE
74. OLUWADARA, ABIDEMI OGUNKOYA
75. OLUWAFEMI, PAUL FALOLA
76. OLUWATOBI, AIKOMO
77. OLUWATOBILOBA, IBUKUN OLADUNNI
78. OLUWATOSIN, MATTHEW ADESANYA
79. ONUORAH, JOSHUA NWANI
80. ONYINYE, CHRISTIANA AZUBUIKE
81. OPEYEMI, LUKUMAN FADIPE
82. OSAGIE, AIWERIOGHENE ERIBO
83. OSEZUA, OBEHI IBHADODE
84. OYEBOLA, OLUWAKEMI OYESOLA
85. OYENIKE, IKEOLUWA OYELEKE
86. PROMISE, OBERORO AKENI
87. SAMUEL, ATU JUNIOR ABOK
88. SAMUEL, CHUKWUEMEKA OLISA
89. SAMUEL, OLUWAGBEMI IYIOLA
90. SCHOLASTICA, CHINELO OLANREWAJU
91. SHERIFAT, OMOKHUWA YESUFU
92. SIKIRU, ADEMOLA ADEWALE
93. SOLOMON, MATHEW ONWUEGBU
94. SOLOMON, OLASUNKANMI ODEYALE
95. STEPHEN, OHIMAI AGBI
96. TAOFEEQ, ALABI BADMUS
97. TEMITOPE, ANUOLUWAPO OLUGBEJE
98. TOLUWALEYI SAMUEL BABALOBI
99. TUMININU, AYOTUNDE LAWANSON
100. UCHECHUKWU, CHUKWUKA ARONU
101. UCHECHUKWU, SANDRA AGBOGWU
102. VICTOR , EMMANUEL SABO

http://scholarship.nuc.edu.ng/

not even UDO, ESSIEN, AKPAN, ATTAH, AKPABIO........
Meanwhile we r repping well but we aint recognised, why?
we aint gat representative in that board.
are we complaining? hELL NO!

WHy r they aggrieved? google abeg answer cos nobody to ask dat kwestion.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by bantex4u: 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
no single aboki name here . hmmmmmmm i no gree atalllllll
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
This is where the igbos come in handy. See as them full list.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by basilo101: 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2015
See d regions dat always produce d brightest brains (SW and SE), and yet ruled by illiterate feudal oligarchist cos certain ppl decided to be dia willing tool

2 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
The real question that eludes me is this. There are southerners in that House of Representatives.What did they have to say when all this was being discussed and why are people not pressuring them?
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by ekika(m): 2:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
which criteria pls, because as far as am concern we are all qualify for the scholarship grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omojega: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
Can't we all be sincere for once...... you guys have forgotten that seeing is believing.. how sure are you that those names were nominated.... oobii.. is not your fault....go meet person wei go nominate your name
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Charlesschools: 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Want to gain admission into Nigeria University and your
score is low for the course you applied for and also you
need help processing your admission and accomodation to
stay during post utme examination, contact Mr Charles for
assistance: 08153049342...
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by BankManager(m): 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
Joining you guys someday...**Amin**
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you see a single northern name there?

All those muhammed, abdulsalam, where are they from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] / 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl / JAMB 2013 Cut-off For Universities 180 & Polytechnics 150

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.