Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799120 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mryoung16: 10:15pm On May 11, 2020
[quote author=YesLadyN post=87220496]

@YesladyN. Please dear..can i send you DM..need to ask you some confidential Questions if you don't mind.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TaniSure: 11:54pm On May 11, 2020
Thanks
Mrtoke:

Either way, you will be okay, I have the same problem when I applied for my study permit, I wasn’t married but I got married some weeks before my application was approved.
I had applied for my wife when I was in school but she got denied not because the vo is in doubt of our marriage.

On another note, you can select common law under marital status , that’s safer but I mean it’s no big deal once you’re able to provide proof that you are truly married
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 2:08am On May 12, 2020
I would like to think its best you ensure you have a marriage certificate prior to any application.

Indicate that you are married and do the name change as appropriate.

This will go a long way to remove any doubts when shes applying to join you.

Spouses at the time of application find things easier than spouses post approval.

Goodluck
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 2:10am On May 12, 2020
TaniSure:
Hello everyone
Please I will need your input here, I am Abit confused.

I am starting my program at UBC in August and I am about to submit my study permit application,
I am getting married in July, and wifie is still in school so the plan is for her to come join me next year
here is the confusion:
1.should I mention her iny LOE and attach any marriage evidence?like wedding invitation card?
2.hope it won't be a problem if I submit my application "single" and then present marriage evidence next year when I try to invite wifie over?

I don't want to make mistakes.

would like to think its best you ensure you have a marriage certificate prior to any application.

Indicate that you are married and do the name change as appropriate.

This will go a long way to remove any doubts when shes applying to join you.

Spouses at the time of application find things easier than spouses post approval.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 10:24am On May 12, 2020
Mrtoke:

That’s absolutely a good sign, someone checked on your application and you may be hearing from them soon.

What makes your application essential? Did you have a job yet?

I stated that I am a Registered Nurse with a full time job + I have a toddler. Also included that child care+ mental stress is taking a tool on my ability to function in my chosen career.
I don’t know if that makes it essential but am hoping it does. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 1:49pm On May 12, 2020
eligibility review started may 12
applied 21st Jan
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 6:03pm On May 12, 2020
hayqinsbFX:
eligibility review started may 12
applied 21st Jan

Looks like they are working on January Application.

Eligibility Review started- May 12, 2020
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 6:34pm On May 12, 2020
We both sent them an email.
Opemipo21:

Looks like they are working on January Application.

Eligibility Review started- May 12, 2020
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 7:26pm On May 12, 2020
hayqinsbFX:
We both sent them an email.

That could be why because today both my eligibility and background check changed. I guess that's good am assuming. Have you passed medicals already?

Its nice to know someone else is close to thesame timeline line as mine.
Goodluck smiley
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Folmid: 7:34pm On May 12, 2020
Gurus in the house, I need your help in the form to fill for my wife and two children above 5 years in nigeria.
I relocated to canada in Jan through study permit.
My questions are:
1. It is visitor's form that needs to be filled for spouse open work permit?
2 What type of form do i fill for my children?
3 How much is required in the POF for them?
Thank you guys for the good job you keep doing.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 8:19pm On May 12, 2020
Opemipo21:

I stated that I am a Registered Nurse with a full time job + I have a toddler. Also included that child care+ mental stress is taking a tool on my ability to function in my chosen career.
I don’t know if that makes it essentially but am hoping it does. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for your feedback, I submitted my application in April but I wouldn’t mind sending them an email as well.

But to be clear you are the one with the job and not your spouse that applied, correct? If yes then I’ll do the same because my job is also categorized as essential
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 8:39pm On May 12, 2020
Mrtoke:

Thanks for your feedback, I submitted my application in April but I wouldn’t mind sending them an email as well.

But to be clear you are the one with the job and not your spouse that applied, correct? If yes then I’ll do the same because my job is also categorized as essential

Yes, I am the one with the job and it's hubby's application. You definitely should.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 9:21am On May 13, 2020
Really
what does your background check say? mine is still processing.
Medicals passed already.
Opemipo21:

That could be why because today both my eligibility and background check changed. I guess that's good am assuming. Have you passed medicals already?

Its nice to know someone else is close to same timeline line as mine.
Goodluck smiley
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 12:36pm On May 13, 2020
Opemipo21:

Yes, I am the one with job and it's hubby's application. You definitely should.
I sent an email to that mailbox yesterday and it’s actually what we should have done far before now but it’s unclear on their website that we needed to do that but the auto response after the mail was sent explains who should which we clearly fall into.

Hopefully I should see something changing maybe this week or next, I’ll update you guys if anything changes
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 1:55pm On May 13, 2020
hayqinsbFX:
Really
what does your background check say? mine is still processing.
Medicals passed already.

Mine says not applicable. Wonder what that means.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 1:57pm On May 13, 2020
Mrtoke:

I sent an email to that mailbox yesterday and it’s actually what we should have done far before now but it’s unclear on their website that we needed to do that but the auto response after the mail was sent explains who should which we clearly fall into.

Hopefully I should see something changing maybe this week or next, I’ll update you guys if anything changes

I thought so too. Hoping for positive news for everyone in the coming weeks IJN
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 4:53pm On May 14, 2020
Jejelaye01:

We actually got an update on the 13 of March to submit more documents which we did and no update since then. We hope something happens this month though.
Hi @Jejelaye01 I will advise you send them an email as well if you’ve not done so. See link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html for more details
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 12:25pm On May 15, 2020
any update?
none here.
Opemipo21:

Mine says not applicable. Wonder what that means.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 2:08pm On May 15, 2020
hayqinsbFX:
any update?
none here.

I think it could be from a day to a month before a final decision is reached. I am giving them up to June 10, after that I will send them a soft reminder email.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TaniSure: 4:50pm On May 15, 2020
Please someone should help me understand the common-law declaration form.
Anyone that have indicated common-law in place of relationship shoud kindly reach out.

Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Faithyyyyy: 8:56pm On May 15, 2020
It's safer to attach at least court marriage certificate
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TaniSure: 1:41pm On May 18, 2020
Thanks dear,
Please does canda recognize marriage certificate from any registry like local or state registry? Or must it be from the federal marriage registry?
Faithyyyyy:
It's safer to attach at least court marriage certificate
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TaniSure: 3:43am On May 19, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please is it acceptable to use marriage certificate from any local or state court?

Federal marriage registry in abj isn't open for Registrations currently.

Please I need urgent answer
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 1:29pm On May 19, 2020
TaniSure:
Hello everyone,

Please is it acceptable to use marriage certificate from any local or state court?

Federal marriage registry in abj isn't open for Registrations currently.

Please I need urgent answer
Yeah, I am using the one issued by a local government registry and we weren't deny in our first application due to the certificate issued by a local government registry.

I honestly think you’ll be okay once it’s issued by a government agency

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TaniSure: 6:46pm On May 19, 2020
Thank you.
Please can I dm u and send u a copy of what I have to see if it's good enough?
Mrtoke:

Yeah, I am using the one issued by a local government registry and we weren't deny in our first application due to the certificate issued by a local government registry.

I honestly think you’ll be okay once it’s issued by a government agency
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 10:58pm On May 19, 2020
TaniSure:
Thank you.
Please can I dm u and send u a copy of what I have to see if it's good enough?
Absolutely, it’s okay if you don’t mind.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TaniSure: 12:51am On May 20, 2020
I have sent you an email, please reply
Mrtoke:

Absolutely, it’s okay if you don’t mind.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by umarabubakar303: 11:27am On May 20, 2020
Good day house, Pls my gurlfriend is a canadian shes coming to nigeria for our marriage by August and i intend to move to canada with her what kind of visa should i apply for nd what doccument do i require cause we intend to move immidiately after the wedding?pls house i need your help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 11:44am On May 20, 2020
umarabubakar303:
Good day house, Pls my gurlfriend is a canadian shes coming to nigeria for our marriage by August and i intend to move to canada with her what kind of visa should i apply for nd what doccument do i require cause we intend to move immidiately after the wedding?pls house i need your help

If shes Canadian, then you should apply for PR

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Goodluck
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 10:03am On May 25, 2020
Any update on your app. Nothing here.
Normally its always about 72hrs after eligibility review for a decision to be made.
Opemipo21:

I think it could be from a day to a month before a final decision is reached. I am giving them up to June 10, after that I will send them a soft reminder email.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Opemipo21: 8:53pm On May 25, 2020
hayqinsbFX:
Any update on your app. Nothing here.
Normally its always about 72hrs after eligibility review for a decision to be made.

Nothing on my end either. Fingers crossed.

I did request the GCMS which was very informative. I believe a decision will be made as soon as travels can commence to Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lennyk: 9:40pm On May 25, 2020
Good day all in this blessed house.

Please I want to urgently apply for sowp. My wife is in Canada and isn't working because of our two kids aged 11 and 7 years old.

Please what documents are needed for the application?

Do I also need police clearance?

God bless you all as you answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Asekzz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.