Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,533 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (796541 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 6:56am On Feb 22, 2021
Headlaw:
What is the age limit for applying for study visa in Canada

Any age if you are thinking of PHD but a younger age for first and second degree has high success rate
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 7:02am On Feb 22, 2021
etjigger:
Biometrics done. Medical not yet done. We are still processing your application, we will let you know when we start eligibility review.... Been 18weeks now that i submitted, when i submitted my application it says 17weeks to process but, now its taking more than that. the only mail i got from them was in late november, saying... we're still working on your application. from tht time till now.... Nothing. this wait time is really killing. I have decided to hand ircc over to God regarding my application. angry

Pls have you heard from IRCC yet
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2021
Brendamad:
Hello dear, I’m facing this exact dilemma�. Please I need help guys. I applied for him on 19 August 2020 and applied for my study permit renewal. Mine was granted but his own is still pending.
Medicals was passed 19th January 2021 after I sent dozens of web form to Nairobi.
I have requested for travel exemption twice and have been denied. Please I need help on how what to exactly to write on the travel exemption letter. When I got sick I wrote I needed him to care for me and earn money to assist my tuition and they refused. Already told them my mental health is affected and they still refused��. Please I need help!

Good day, pls have you heard from IRCC on your visa application
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Headlaw(m): 10:52am On Feb 22, 2021
Anndav:

Any age if you are thinking of PHD but a younger age for first and second degree has high success rate

Okay, thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Brendamad: 3:34am On Feb 23, 2021
Anndav:

Good day, pls have you heard from IRCC on your visa application
Nothing yet oo my dear. It’s very frustrating
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 2:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
Brendamad:

Nothing yet oo my dear. It’s very frustrating

It is well does ppl can train someone in the school of patience, but it will end in praise

I saw some guidelines am going to past it below, just try it politely if you have not done dat already,

author=two4 post=99211914]Please if anyone has written a travel exemption letter that was successful approved, please let us know the supporting documents you included and the format of the letter, this is the second disapproval response I am getting, I haven’t seen my husband for more than a year now!!

Treat as urgent![/quote]
COPIED! COPIED!! COPIED!!!

Read. This might help you

Post-March COPR holder
Got Authorization Letter from IRCC. Hence posting what I did to obtain it. You can try it if you have any siblings living in Canada
(Please DO NOT send me personal messages, here I am explaining everything I did to obtain the letter)

I am the primary applicant while my wife is dependent. Her sister lives in Canada. Therefore, she is eligible for travel exemption.

Step 1- Filled up the statutory declaration form from https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/imm0006e-2020-10-09.pdf
Send it to her sister living in Canada and asked her to complete rest of the part and after that she NOTARIZED it by an appropriate authority in Canada

Step 2- Her sister sent the notarized declaration form to us. We had to submit it with our application of travel exemption.

Step 3- Her sister also sent her Canadian Passport, Driving License (These will ensure your siblings status in Canada)

Step 4- Prepared a quarantine plan.
Accommodation_I wrote I will book through Airbnb. |
Grocery_I wrote I will get it from Amazon and I have amazon prime
Food_ I wrote I will get food delivery from UBER eats.
Transport from Airport_ I wrote I will use UBER
I also mentioned I would get a private health insurance.

Step 5- Emailed to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC
subject- Request for Written Authorization to reunite with extended family member

Included our Name, DOB, Passport, UCI number, Application number.

Reason for travel- We wrote, currently we are living in Australia with no relatives here. It is also risky to go back to my home country (Bangladesh) since the COVID cases are high. It has been mentally challenging for us to stay here now and we need support from family members.

Attachments-
1. Quarantine plan
2. Proof of relationship between my wife and her sister (birth certificate)
3. Statutory declaration form

Had to wait for 18 business days after that they approved travel exemption only for my wife with 6months validity. They send me a separate email on same email address mentioning my request for authorization letter rejected.

After 3 days I have send them another email with a subject 'Request for Authorization to Unite Immediate Family member'
Even though my wife didnt go to Canada yet, I explained we want to travel together and I need an AL for it. On the email I did not attach anything.

Got a reply after 12 days from IRCC. They asked me to provide,
1. My passport no, DOB, UCI, application number.
2. Proof of relationship with my wife .
3. Proof of immigration status of my wife
4. Proof of Travel Authorization of my wife.

I have sent another email with following attachments,
1. Passport no, UCI, DOB, Application number
2. Marriage certificate
3. Scanned copy of her VISA
4. Her Travel authorization letter.

After 9 days, my request of Travel Authorization Letter was approved. The Authorization letter will be valid for 3months.
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 9:43am On Feb 24, 2021
Got medical request letter today after waiting for close to six months for SOWP. had to send them a mail bfor this was possible. it will all end in praise. amen.

Anndav:

It is well, I think all we can do is pray, but just raise the web form firsts . you should hear from them soon....it will end in praise

quote author=etjigger post=98917927]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:41am On Feb 24, 2021
[quote author=etjigger post=99373439]Got medical request letter today after waiting for close to six months for SOWP. had to send them a mail bfor this was possible. it will all end in praise. amen.

[/qu

Wao �� congratulations is actually in order. That was a good progress.....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by two4: 11:42am On Feb 24, 2021
etjigger:
Got medical request letter today after waiting for close to six months for SOWP. had to send them a mail bfor this was possible. it will all end in praise. amen.

Please what did you include in your mail
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Brendamad: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
[quote author=Anndav post=99375001][/quote]
Wow congrats dear. I got medical request since January and my eligibility review hasn’t started since then ��
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
Brendamad:

Wow congrats dear. I got medical request since January and my eligibility review hasn’t started since then ��

Am sure it has started and conclude self but the system is just very slow ..due to many backlog and covid thingy.for IRCC to send you for medical they must have concluded,

I even read from the students tread that they get PPR request when nothing seems to have change on there application
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
Pls can anyone help me interpret this letter from IRCC ? I raised a webform on January 2021 as per my work permit application status. Medical and biometric passed on the 24th November 2020

AOR September 5th 2020

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Brendamad: 4:20am On Feb 25, 2021
muyiroro:
Pls can anyone help me interpret this letter from IRCC ? I raised a webform on January 2021 as per my work permit application status. Medical and biometric passed on the 24th November 2020

AOR September 5th 2020
I think it’s an automated mail. I got something similar early this month after sending several web forms. Still the sand nrobi.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 6:52am On Feb 25, 2021
I sent them a mail and included my marriage certificate, my wife's study permit , Visa page, her school ID card, photos from our marriage and a short note telling them why myself and the kids need be with her. Got a reply in less than four days to go for medicals.

two4:

Please what did you include in your mail

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
muyiroro:

AOR September 5th 2020

Dis Canada ppl self ..it simply means it still under active processing even if it is sitting on someone's table , just continue to pray . One can only pray fervently for intervention on something you have no control over, God that has control over all things will step into it soon...it will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omojehovah(m): 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
You might want to check this out, if you want your application to be expedited.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

The email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

The subject: Prioritize Application Request/COVID-19

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oliadeo7: 10:20am On Feb 27, 2021
etjigger:

Please can I PM?

I need to ask you some questions how to fill some form.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oliadeo7: 10:21am On Feb 27, 2021
Brendamad:

I think it’s an automated mail. I got something similar early this month after sending several web forms. Still the sand nrobi.

Your help is needed too
Kindly check the picture attached above this post.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
no problem but, you can always send an email to me. thank you. it will all end in praise.
Oliadeo7:

Please can I PM?

I need to ask you some questions how to fill some form.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
Good Evening everyone, please do I need to change my name as a married woman to apply for student visa. I have been married for a decade and have not changed my name.

Will my kids or spouse have any issues in future with regards to visa application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2021
gaeul:
Good Evening everyone, please do I need to change my name as a married woman to apply for student visa. I have been married for a decade and have not changed my name.

Will my kids or spouse have any issues in future with regards to visa application?

Yes and No it depends on the visa officer but anybody who is familiar with applicants for Nigeria will wonder why you don't change your name .(visa officer are psychologist)

To avoid unnecessary drama maybe you should change ur name and it must reflect on all documents like bank ,passport, etc that is serious work my dear but it's do able ...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jazzyfire: 1:07am On Mar 02, 2021
please i need help writing my LOE, anyone with a sample? maybe it can help please, I feel like I'm already behind schedule, cos I was supposed to submit in February, i will be glad if i can get help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Brendamad: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2021
Oliadeo7:

Your help is needed too
Kindly check the picture attached above this post.
Hello, do you have any specific question in regards to the picture?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
Thanks a million. Much appreciated
Anndav:

Yes and No it depends on the visa officer but anybody who is familiar with applicants for Nigeria will wonder why you don't change your name .(visa officer are psychologist)

To avoid unnecessary drama maybe you should change ur name and it must reflect on all documents like bank ,passport, etc that is serious work my dear but it's do able ...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Brendamad: 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
gaeul:
Thanks a million. Much appreciated
Personally, I don’t think it matters. A lot of people don’t change their names. As long as you have your marriage certificate to prove you are married, then you are good to go. Change of name is a long process that you might not finish in time. I don’t believe it poses any threat to your visa application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
gaeul:

I wouldn't advise that, it's not worth the stress. Moreover you have kids, and birth certificates of kids contain your name and spouse's. Even if one was not married, one could still have claimed common law partner.

Anyway, I am a personal witness. We are in Canada and I didn't advise my wife to change her name.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by infonancial: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2021
Good day beautiful people, please can anyone help me with a sample of SOP for SOWP application. Also what is the best way to prove family tie or ties to home country.
Thanks for the anticipated response!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jetline: 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Time line for my spouse's SOWP
Applied: 30/10/2020
Biometrics:4/11/2020
Medical request:9/02/2021
I traveled to Canada to continue with my studies: 18/02/2021
Medical done:02/03/2021
Medical passed: 07/03/2021
BVL and Passport request:08/03/2021
My birthday:10/03/2021 grin

Please, I need VFS's consent letter and how to send her passport to Abuja or Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FYsol: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
Congratulations.

Jetline:
Time line for my spouse's SOWP

Please, I need VFS's consent letter and how to send her passport to Abuja or Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2021
[quote author=Jetline post=99717708]Time line for my spouse's SOWP

Please, I need VFS's consent letter and how to send her passport to Abuja or Lagos.[/quote

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cyris: 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2021
Good evening peeps,

I just got passport request for my spouse.

Thank you Jesus.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.