Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (798892 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please ooo I am seeing 340 CAD as the application for open work permit for my wife. I hope I am not making any mistake?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Brother, don’t give up on your Canadian dreams; except you have future plans to travel to Canada from the UK which is easier.

If you are sure of your POF, I’d suggest you appeal the decision.

Best of luck bro.

bdon123:

Apart from d 4mil in bank account,i had my pension managers give an attestation of my current pension balance which was almost 20m.Also,stated was i am eligible to collect 25% as per Nigerian pension law if unemployed for 4 months.Furthermore,it was clear my monthly income could cater for her n baby n still take care of me as i earn in USD.There wasnt any sensible reason to deny her on financial grounds except maybe travel history or something else.we hav switched to UK as we intended using her study to leave this shithole for gud.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Brother, don’t give up on your Canadian dreams; except you have future plans to travel to Canada from the UK which is easier.

Best of luck bro.

bdon123:

Apart from d 4mil in bank account,i had my pension managers give an attestation of my current pension balance which was almost 20m.Also,stated was i am eligible to collect 25% as per Nigerian pension law if unemployed for 4 months.Furthermore,it was clear my monthly income could cater for her n baby n still take care of me as i earn in USD.There wasnt any sensible reason to deny her on financial grounds except maybe travel history or something else.we hav switched to UK as we intended using her study to leave this shithole for gud.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bdon123(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
babybless44:

Best of luck bro.

Its already too late.Biometric done February ,got a decision a week to resumption by September 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Oh so sorry. It is well.

bdon123:

Its already too late.Biometric done February ,got a decision a week to resumption by September 2021

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
Open work permit/visa application fees - $255.00
Biometric capturing fees - adult $85.00
Total $340

Study visa/permit application fees - $150.00
Visitor visa application fees - $100.00

shams040:
Please ooo I am seeing 340 CAD as the application for open work permit for my wife. I hope I am not making any mistake?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Akannitommy:
Wifey called Q-life today and they confirmed medical was sent on Saturday 25th. I logged in then saw that the medical for my son was updated to review and passed on 26th - yesterday. We keep trusting and hoping for the best soonest.

PPR is closer than you think. Congratulations.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by anike2011: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hello Akannitommy, did your wife upload the e-medical sheet given at qlife?
Akannitommy:
Wifey called Q-life today and they confirmed medical was sent on Saturday 25th. I logged in then saw that the medical for my son was updated to review and passed on 26th - yesterday. We keep trusting and hoping for the best soonest.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Yes, we already uploaded via web form and also sent as email along with a copy of the medical request form the same day medical exam was completed - 17th May.

anike2011:
Hello Akannitommy, did your wife upload the e-medical sheet given at qlife?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by anike2011: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ok. Thanks
Akannitommy:
Yes, we already uploaded via web form and also sent as email along with a copy of the medical request form the same day medical exam was completed - 17th May.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kaycherry: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Has anyone seen this?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
[If you can't get a closer date...I think you can still go ahead and submit your application without medicals....then after the medicals,you can send the e medical sheet to them through webform..

uote author=amr12 post=106124567]Help is needed, please!!!

I need urgent medical for my wife and two kids and couldn't book a closer date with Q Life or IOM

Could anyone be kind to swap medical appointment.

Also, can I submit their application without medical?

This is very urgent.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
OK please I have a question,you said letter of intent??....now am the joining my husband... I will be the one to write the letter of intent right??

quote author=Yteem post=106174826]

I think if you read from past posts, you will get more insight but off the top of my head

You will need to get documents such as
* Statements showing POF
*Marriage certificate
*Children birth certificate if you have children
*Letter of intent written by your hubby stating his intention to join you
*Support letter written by you
*Your school ID
*Tuition receipts
*Enrolment letter
*Transcripts can be included if you have
*Provincial ID card
*Study Permit -If you are in Canada already
* Family Pictures
*Lease for your accommodation in Canada if you have landed
*Introduction letter from your hubby’s place of work
*Letter of introduction from your school- some school will give you a letter

You should articulate in your letters on the need for your hubby to join you and how it will help the family and even your education.

This list is not exhaustive but you can use this as starters and add as you go along.

I hope this helps in one way or the other.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
Yteem:
PPR received to the glory of GOD. It has indeed ended in praise.

Application Submitted 6 June
Medical done 8 June
Travel exemption sent 10 June
Biometrics done and updated 11 June
Medical updated Hubby 15 June
Medical updated Children 16 June
Eligibility Review started 18 June
Eligibility changed to we will let you know. 19 Aug
PPR/ BVL 23 September

For as many as are still expecting, GOD will perfect it for you all soon and very soon.

Congratulations and thanks for the prayer. Could you please share the list of documents you submitted? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
mantleouchtele:
What shall we say unto the Lord! All I have to say is thank you, Jesus!!!!!.

PPR don land!

May 27th Applicant. Sowp and study permits for my children. Did upfront medicals

Everyone keep pushing, don't get tired or depressed. If they won't let you sleep, don't let them sleep!. A day before PPR eligibility had not even started.

I did the Travel Authorization too, it seems it expedited the process.

Thank you Frankrobbn1 of fandrglobal.com. God bless you sir

Congratulations! Can you please share your list of documents?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
For those advocating for disturbing Nairobi officials, what we you say about this response to a January Applicant. This people are heartless:

Good Day,

Thank you for your emails.

All of the information you need was provided to you previously in our recent responses. In view of our limited resources, we will not be able to respond to any further correspondences from you regarding this matter.

We respectfully request that you withhold from writing further emails until we contact you. We will not be responding to future emails received within this timeframe.

We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Regards

Migration Office | Bureau de migration (NLO)

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

P.O. Box / C.P. 1013, Limuru Road, 00621 – Nairobi, Kenya
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 5:24am On Sep 29, 2021
Yes, you will be the one writing the letter of intent. At least that was what I did. Hubby wrote a letter of intent, while I wrote a letter of support. Basically same content just phrased in different ways.. Main point, we are a family and wish to be reunited as one for the duration of my study.

Chisolove3:
OK please I have a question,you said letter of intent??....now am the joining my husband... I will be the one to write the letter of intent right??

quote author=Yteem post=

I think if you read from past posts, you will get more insight but off the top of my head

You will need to get documents such as
* Statements showing POF
*Marriage certificate
*Children birth certificate if you have children
*Letter of intent written by your hubby stating his intention to join you
*Support letter written by you
*Your school ID
*Tuition receipts
*Enrolment letter
*Transcripts can be included if you have
*Provincial ID card
*Study Permit -If you are in Canada already
* Family Pictures
*Lease for your accommodation in Canada if you have landed
*Introduction letter from your hubby’s place of work
*Letter of introduction from your school- some school will give you a letter

You should articulate in your letters on the need for your hubby to join you and how it will help the family and even your education.

This list is not exhaustive but you can use this as starters and add as you go along.

I hope this helps in one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 5:28am On Sep 29, 2021
nochyks87:
For those advocating for disturbing Nairobi officials, what we you say about this response to a January Applicant. This people are heartless:

Good Day,

All of the information you need was provided to you previously in our recent responses. In view of our limited resources, we will not be able to respond to any further correspondences from you regarding this matter.

We respectfully request that you withhold from writing further emails until we contact you. We will not be responding to future emails received within this timeframe.

Regards

Hmmmmm. I have read of this kind of response to applicants before. Their ways cannot fully be understood.

Do I say the person should just hang in there, be patient and expect a positive outcome soon. Maybe the person should relax on the reminders for a while and see how things go.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 5:32am On Sep 29, 2021
19CannyMum:

Congratulations and thanks for the prayer. Could you please share the list of documents you submitted? Thanks in advance.

Please see response to @Chisolove3 some few chats back, I listed documents that I used.

I stated that the list is not exhaustive, kindly add and subtract as you feel led.

I hope that answers your question.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aramdebla: 3:32am On Sep 30, 2021
nochyks87:

Good Day,

Regards

Na wa ooo. This people are just funny. It's possible they're not even reading their emails again. Am weak!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 3:56am On Sep 30, 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Residentourist: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2021
mantleouchtele:

PPR don land!

May 27th Applicant. Sowp and study permits for my children. Did upfront medicals

Everyone keep pushing, don't get tired or depressed. If they won't let you sleep, don't let them sleep!. A day before PPR eligibility had not even started.

Congratulations!!! Please how old are your children and what level of education are they in?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Residentourist: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2021
mantleouchtele:

PPR don land!

Congratulations!!! Please how old are your children and what level of education are they in? Also did you submit the travel authorisation with their application in May?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Foxs: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Hello House. Please I need help. I've been following the thread but I haven't been able to ask. My spouse applied for my SOWP early February, however, there has been no update on my profile (gckey) or my email since the confirmation of my online application. I have done biometrics before but that hasn't been updated to this application in particular although it's on my profile.

Earlier this month, I went through the forum and I assumed we didn't provide enough information seeing that we only provided the basics needed so we decided to attach more files (like SOP, SIN) using the webform and I've also booked medicals (this is also a long waiting list). We didn't know which processing office to send the webform to so after reading messages on this forum I sent email to both Nairobi and London but no response from either of them so we took a leap of faith and sent the webform to Nairobi.

Problem now is what if the webform wasn't addressed to the right processing office. I'm assuming the attached documents should be on my profile but it's been a week and nothing yet, not even a response to the email and I'm really really worried about all these. Meanwhile, they plead that you shouldn't send more web forms than required.

The waiting game for canada can be exhausting and mentally challenging. Seeing that April/May/June applicants are getting responses which is also overdue btw, I can only assume I should get some positives soon. It will be a year since I last saw my spouse, even when we dating it wasn't more than 2wks but then canada and their silent treatment is not helping matters at all. There's a relief with these updates but seeing everything blank everyday is frustrating

I'd appreciate responses, please house don't give me silent treatment like IRCC
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
This response is generic and means nothing sincerely.
nochyks87:

Good Day,

Regards

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
In my case , how I knew where my file was that: I sent a mail to all ircc emails.

Like three country , replied telling me that my file was at Nairobi.

I then tailored my mails to Nairobi alone.
Foxs:
Hello House. Please I need help. I've been following the thread but I haven't been able to ask. My husband applied for my SOWP early February, however, there has been no update on my profile (gckey) or my email since the confirmation of my online application. I have done biometrics before but that hasn't been updated to this application in particular although it's on my profile.

Earlier this month, I went through the forum and I assumed we didn't provide enough information seeing that we only provided the basics needed so we decided to attach more files (like SOP, SIN) using the webform and I've also booked medicals (this is also a long waiting list). We didn't know which processing office to send the webform to so after reading messages on this forum I sent email to both Nairobi and London but no response from either of them so we took a leap of faith and sent the webform to Nairobi.

Problem now is what if the webform wasn't addressed to the right processing office. I'm assuming the attached documents should be on my profile but it's been a week and nothing yet, not even a response to the email and I'm really really worried about all these. Meanwhile, they plead that you shouldn't send more web forms than required.

The waiting game for canada can be exhausting and mentally challenging. Seeing that April/May/June applicants are getting responses which is also overdue btw, I can only assume I should get some positives soon. It will be a year since I last saw my hubby, even when we dating sef it never lasted more than 2wks but then canada and their silent treatment is not helping matters at all. There's a relief with these updates but seeing everything blank everyday is friatrating ��‍♀️

I'd appreciate responses, please house don't give me silent treatment like IRCC �

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good afternoon everyone and happy new month. My wife got a written note from her a doctor in her school hospital to be used on compassionate ground for me to come over. How do we go about it? We don't know how to send it to IRCC to hasten my application. Any ideas please. Very urgent as she's not well and going through stress at the moment.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ufedoo: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have been a silent follower and have gained so much from here. I just had to join the platform today. Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge for us to learn from.

I applied for sowp through an agent on the 3rd of March as hubby is in Canada for a 1 yr program that will end in December. We also got the silent treatment from IRCC until I started sending mails last month with ''urgent'' as the subject. I got a response from them saying correspondence regarding my file is directed exclusively to my representative (the agent). The agent advised us not to send more mails.

We also requested for my gcms note in August which dropped yesterday. And the status of the TR shows ...in progress. Under assessment on the 2nd page, medical passed, biometric complete,criminality passed, info sharing complete, eligibility passed. Not sure what it means or if i translated accurately though.

Please what pages are important asides from the last 2 or 3 pages with the Notes?

Kindly advise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajikaz2003(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2021
Congratulations to you in advance.

Ufedoo:
Hello everyone,

I have been a silent follower and have gained so much from here. I just had to join the platform today. Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge for us to learn from.

I applied for sowp through an agent on the 3rd of March as hubby is in Canada for a 1 yr program that will end in December. We also got the silent treatment from IRCC until I started sending mails last month with ''urgent'' as the subject. I got a response from them saying correspondence regarding my file is directed exclusively to my representative (the agent). The agent advised us not to send more mails.

We also requested for my gcms note in August which dropped yesterday. And the status of the TR shows ...in progress. Under assessment on the 2nd page, medical passed, biometric complete,criminality passed, info sharing complete, eligibility passed. Not sure what it means or if i translated accurately though.

Please what pages are important asides from the last 2 or 3 pages with the Notes?

Kindly advise

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4777: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
there is a part of the gcms note that says assignment due date. can you confirm the day given on that?? I think that usually highlights the deadline the visa processing facility has to move to the next stage or give ppr

Ufedoo:
Hello everyone,

Kindly advise

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4777: 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
if you know where your application is primarily processed either raise a webform and attach it or send an urgent email straight to them explaining the situation and attaching the document. God should touch their hearts for you at this stage because it is not easy.

Stonehenge83:
Good afternoon everyone and happy new month. My wife got a written note from her a doctor in her school hospital to be used on compassionate ground for me to come over. How do we go about it? We don't know how to send it to IRCC to hasten my application. Any ideas please. Very urgent as she's not well and going through stress at the moment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Sommysommy062

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.