Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (798898 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 7:45am On Dec 05, 2021
MrsOA:
Hello Akannitommy

Please I’m new here.
My husband applied for SOWP for me in June 12, 2021.
Biometrics was completed on June 15.
No update since…
We recently contacted his MP and he sent this reply.
In addition to the consent form . What can we include to help EXPEDITE the process

Learn to be discrete
We all know you talking about calgary
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2021
Please with this new ban on flights from Naija to Canada are PPR letters going to be on hault too or they would still be sending regardless...and also for those with visa already how them wan Waka their life now?.....

I never still get my PPR letter o...heeeey God....what is all this.....may God help us all amen....please does going for PPR submission is VFS collecting despite the ban on flights from Nigeria?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:54am On Dec 05, 2021
Just relax it is well

corleone427:
Please with this new ban on flights from Naija to Canada are PPR letters going to be on hault too or they would still be sending regardless...and also for those with visa already how them wan Waka their life now?.....

I never still get my PPR letter o...heeeey God....what is all this.....may God help us all amen....please does going for PPR submission is VFS collecting despite the ban on flights from Nigeria?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
deepwater:

Learn to be discrete
We all know you talking about calgary

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
Well, same form was sent to my wife by her MP, we filled it a requested and up till now we've not herd anything from the MP's office again after taking almost a month to respond requesting for this information. Just fill the form and hope for the best dear.
MrsOA:
Hello Akannitommy

Please I’m new here.
My husband applied for SOWP for me in June 12, 2021.
Biometrics was completed on June 15.
No update since…
We recently contacted his MP and he sent this reply.
In addition to the consent form . What can we include to help EXPEDITE the process
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
[quote author=Stonehenge83 post=108238273]Well, same form was sent to my wife by her MP, we filled it a requested and up till now we've not herd anything from the MP's office again after taking almost a month to respond requesting for this information. Just fill the form and hope for the best dear.
[/

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Safetysmile: 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Thank you bro.

lightswitch007:

Those who want to "unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily" can also apply on the new portal. Follow the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kossyablaze(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
MrsOA:

Hmmm, this whole application is very depressing dear. But don’t lose hope, okay

Sure, I’ll do just that and pray it results in something positive.
We are all going to receive our PPRs in due time. God’s got us all��
I swear it... Very depressing. Amen!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kossyablaze(m): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
corleone427:

Congratulations....they would open again....as far as you and your family have been vaccinated you no get problem....they would lift the ban......I am still hoping for my own PPR drop this December,.... congratulations ones again
Amen!!! Im waiting on mine too. Applied may 14th.Wifey don cry tire. It will drop this December in Jesus name. Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
MrsOA:

And what is wrong with you knowing? What if someone has filled the same form before and decide to help me out?? I sent an empty form with no details whatsoever so what’s there to be discreet about? Then tell me not to even post anything about my application here eh….
I posted it out of desperation and I believe you’re in a good position to know exactly how I feel..…

Dearie…you should also learn how to politely correct someone
Thank you.

Calm down
No dey rush like that
This space ain't as faceless as you think.
It wasn't even about the form
I was only calling your attention to fact that you had dropped an email content from the MP office on this forum even with the MP name on it.

I am sure you still haven't realised that yet.
Just dey try to dey discreet about somethings.

Don't be depressed
It wouldn't help at all
Canada PPR is a master class for patience itself
Cheers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 3:24am On Dec 06, 2021
kossyablaze:
Amen!!! Im waiting on mine too. Applied may 14th.Wifey don cry tire. It will drop this December in Jesus name. Amen

Mine was April....it will drop o...tell your wife say make she nor cry...it will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 5:37am On Dec 06, 2021
Hello house!
I tried submitting my husband's application for SOWP today. I got to the spot where I am supposed to make payment but I was logged out. I logged in again but I couldn't make payment as there is nothing to click in order to continue the application or make payment.
I checked his email and still, nothing.

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Has this happened to anyone before?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 6:10am On Dec 06, 2021
Girllikeme:
Submitted-Oct 25th (Paper)
Upfront medicals passed- 20th Nov.
Bvl-Dec 4th (It took a whole 6 weeks to get the final correspondence, felt like a lifetime)
Approval-16th January.

Docs Submitted:
Spouse
• Letter of Explanation
• International Passport (Old with Visa Pages)
• International Passport New
• Employment letters, CV, certificates, and payslips
• Gift Deed and Property Valuation
• CAC
• Upfront Medical Slip
• Statement of Account
• UK PCC
• Nigeria PCC
SON
• Passport
• Birth Certificate
• International Passport
• Daycare confirmation letter
My docs:
• Letter of Invitation
• Passport data page (New)
• Old passport with travel history
• Letter of Invitation
• TRV/ Study permit
• Letter of Admission
• Funding letter
• Employment letter from School for the TA contract
• Letter from Supervisor
• School ID and enrollment letter
• Employment Letter
• Confirmation Letter
• Introductory and Study Leave
• CAC
• SOA
• LEASE AGREEMENT
• UHIP application form
PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
• Marriage Certificate
• Change of Name
• Affidavit of Change of Name
• Pictures

Congratulations to you.

I don't see SIN here. I have read some timelines with no SIN, at what point does one attach his or her spouses SIN please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Hello house!
I tried submitting my husband's application for SOWP today. I got to the spot where I am supposed to make payment but I was logged out. I logged in again but I couldn't make payment as there is nothing to click in order to continue the application or make payment.
I checked his email and still, nothing.

Anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Has this happened to anyone before?

Regarding this, I think it could be a downtime error, the 'continue application' link appeared few hours ago but one can't still make payments and the whole 'logged out error' is still very much there.

Hello! Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me so I know it isn't a downtime error?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bebzo: 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Regarding this, I think it could be a downtime error, the 'continue application' link appeared few hours ago but one can't still make payments and the whole 'logged out error' is still very much there.

Hello! Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me so I know it isn't a downtime error?

It’s from your browser, try another one
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bebzo: 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Currently I can’t login through Mozilla and google. I’m using another one
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 4:19am On Dec 07, 2021
bebzo:

It’s from your browser, try another one

No its not, have been trying it for a while now and finally, this popped up.

'Unfortunately, an error has occurred:
We are experiencing an issue with our payment provider, please try again later.'
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 7:05am On Dec 07, 2021
bebzo:

Currently I can’t login through Mozilla and google. I’m using another one

Just to be double sure, please what browser are you using? I have tried that with explore, chrome and firefox, still the same issue.

Also, house, is there any other way one can make payment for visas? This is taking more time than expected, there is no hope of it getting fixed any moment, and I need to do this asap?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bebzo: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Just to be double sure, please what browser are you using? I have tried that with explore, chrome and firefox, still the same issue.

Also, house, is there any other way one can make payment for visas? This is taking more time than expected, there is no hope of it getting fixed any moment, and I need to do this asap?

I equally tried all these ones you mentioned but no luck. The system throws me out after logging in and give me error message that I’m not logged in. I’m using Microsoft edge currently.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
My program won't start until fall 2022, but I need answers to these crucial questions:

IRCC expects students to have at least CAN$10,000 CAN for their living expenses for a year. Is that the same funds that they want us to demonstrate when we get to the border with the Canada Border Services Agent? Or are we expected to have additional funds other than that?

Peradventure, we need to show some money at the border. Should it be just a statement of account, or should we carry cash with us?

IRCC has approved my application for a study permit, and I want to apply for SOWP and visit for my spouse and child, respectively. In the proof of fund for their applications, how much do they expect to have in their account? My spouse will jointly apply with my child. IRCC said CAN$4,000 for the first family member and CAN$3,000 for an additional accompanying family member. Is that all they need to show?

Your contribution will be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by alowole: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2021
Pls, I need step to step approach to how to fill the SWOP

I gave my application to an agent to do and now I don t have much to give again, I want to do it on my own......

Kindly assist with the step on how to complete the application pls......

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 3:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
bebzo:

I equally tried all these ones you mentioned but no luck. The system throws me out after logging in and give me error message that I’m not logged in. I’m using Microsoft edge currently.
Same issue with Microsoft Edge cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Which payment card are you using? I hope it's not a Naira Mastercard or Visa as I have read here that the limit on those cards is 300 USD. You're trying to charge an amount above that, and you may encounter a problem with that if that's what you're using.

LadyBlaq:

Same issue with Microsoft Edge cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2021
nairagrounds:
Which payment card are you using? I hope it's not a Naira Mastercard or Visa as I have read here that the limit on those cards is 300 USD. You're trying to charge an amount above that, and you may encounter a problem with that if that's what you're using.

I am using a Dollar Master card. I even tried using my two cards from the banks here in Canada, plus my credit card here, none worked. Same thing...'Your session has expired' and the 'checkout' option won't get highlighted even when I ignore the error message. cry cry cry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by alowole: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
LadyBlaq:

I am using a Dollar Master card. I even tried using my two cards from the banks here in Canada, plus my credit card here, none worked. Same thing...'Your session has expired' and the 'checkout' option won't get highlighted even when I ignore the error message. cry cry cry

I think they are doing maintenance on it....

Pls, can you share with me the steps in applying for the SOWP
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 4:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
alowole:

I think they are doing maintenance on it....

Pls, can you share with me the steps in applying for the SOWP
The maintenance is taking too long and it's not on their page.

There are no laid down steps in doing that or at least, I didn't use any. I only used a checklist of documents from someone, the documents to submit.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
Check the card you are using cos I saw a notification that they made changes to the type of card to be used for payment.
LadyBlaq:

The maintenance is taking too long and it's not on their page.

There are no laid down steps in doing that or at least, I didn't use any. I only used a checklist of documents from someone, the documents to submit.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
Canada is in a serious problem of application backlog right now. This is responsible for very slow processing speed. The mostly affected category roght now is the Spousal Open Work Permit. Processing time for this SWP right now is 86 weeks, almost two years. MP cannot do anything to this. Canada is not Nigeria where one Senator will pock up his phone and bully the immigration to process a file for him with immediate effect. The only intervention the MP can make is to ask the immigration what is causing the delay , and any explanation they give is taken by the MP.  However, if you are unjustly refused based on the arbitrariness of the VO, the MP can make case for you to the Deputy Immigration Minister who heads the IRCC. The Guardian of Angel Pathway to PR for the Asylum Seekers that was created also compounded the SWP processing time. The program did not allow those who have their  family members outside Canada to include them. They could only sponsor them in the Sponsorship PR Category. Because these people have been separated from their spouses for years, they are eager to bring them in as quickly as possible (body no be stone), and hence bombard the SWP applications.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
Stonehenge83:
Check the card you are using cos I saw a notification that they made changes to the type of card to be used for payment.

Thank you for the reply. I am now at loss at what cards are allowed. This is the one of the cards I have been using. I have also used a credit visa card I got at the bank here in Canada, still, same issue.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by UnyimeOcean: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
Finally the long awaited mail arrived. Employer specific work permit approved.

13 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kossyablaze(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
UnyimeOcean:
Finally the long awaited mail arrived. Employer specific work permit approved.
Ewo!!!!!! Congratulations �

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2021
Thanks for the info. Was the SOWP for your spouse? I want to do the same for mine, and any helpful information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chichi93:
Hi guys! I just wanted to drop this here. I have an ongoing SOWP but I applied for visitors visa with the new portal on the 28th of October and it got approved today. It’s actually possible to apply for visitors while waiting on another TRV or PR application. I understand that this is something some people may not be brave enough to try without seeing who it has worked for first, which is why I dropping this here. Good luck guys!

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.