Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,608 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (796576 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 08, 2021
For application reference purposes.

Akannitommy:
FINAL PPR ALERT, it has ended in massive praises! Alhamdulilah!!

We received PPR for the remaining members of my family earlier today and also got a travel restriction exemption authorization approval for my 2 year old son. After we waited for two weeks after the first set of PPR for my daughters, we decided to send their passports on Monday to Abuja. We did to avoid the pitfall of missing 30-days deadline for submitting passports. The passports were delivered on Wednesday due to Tuesday holiday. Counterfoil for the girls were updated on the portal Friday and DHL picked up stamped passport same day - tracking shows it is en-route to Lagos. We woke up to receive PPR for my wife and son this morning, as well as a travel authorization for ONLY our son - since he applied for visitor and we also applied for the travel restriction exemption twice. The letter of introduction for the girls dropped too.

We are juggling many things right now and the logistics are crazy. I pray that everyone waiting for their PPR gets it soonest. I understand what you all are going through because I was in the same boat for over 5 months and I not unaware that several more have been waiting longer. Hang in there, be hopeful. Your time will come very soon. It has finally ended in praises. Many thanks to everyone who rendered assistance in one way or another on this platform in this journey. You are all too many to list but you know thy selves and the Almighty God know you even more. Your rewards will be in multi-folds and bountiful. Also, I am grateful for the emotional support everyone provided all through the process.

Again, it has ended in praises!! Alhamdulilah!!

See updated timeline below:

15th May - Application submission with upfront medicals for 3 out of 4 (All 3 had April 2021 passport expiry dates)
19th May - Medicals for Spouse and two kids (student permits) updated to passed
25th May - Wife completed bio-metric while kids didn't due to minor ages
3 months - Nothing; not even ghost update. Focused on passport renewal process and NIN reconciliation wahala.
18th August - Sent Nairobi inquiry email and got normal auto-response immediately
19th August - Nairobi replied my inquiry saying the usual stuff - under active review & unable to say when to finalize
19th August - Applied for GCMS notes for all
26th August - Applied for written travel authorization exemption (WTRE) for all
4th September - Emailed MP office covering my residential area
5th September - Emailed MP office covering my school area
8th September - Senior Advisor (staff) to MP covering my house replied - " I should reach out in 2 weeks if I haven’t received anything......."
9th September - Eligibility review commenced -- no ghost update - just random login and saw it
10th September - Received medical request for 2 year old son (who didn't do upfront medical since it was visitor visa for him).
10th September - 3 emails responses per travel authorization application - one shows son's WTRE is authorized & others tagged "courtesy"
17th September - Completed son's medical exam and uploaded result via webform and emails to Nairobi - no reply.
26th September - Son's medical updated to passed
6th October - Received PPR for daughters' study permit applications.
18th October - Sent daughters' passports to Abuja using DHL return service

18th October - Same day after I had sent 2 passports, the MP's office replied my umpteenth inquiry saying that "regarding the progress of requests, they are all linked and processed together. Verification of eligibility and medical results was accepted. The next step concerns the final decision which must be rendered (we do not have the date). Regarding your second question, I spoke with an IRCC agent who told me that you could send the 4 passports together by putting an explanatory letter explaining that it is easier financially and logistically to do like this and there shouldn't be any problem, but don't hang around in sending passports."

18th October - I replied MP's office that I had sent 2 passports and that I wouldn't want to risk sending all four because am not sure someone won't mix things up just because there was not PPR for 2 of the passports. In my experience, most people who work in customer service etc behave like robots lacking latitude to apply discretion in sensitive or unfamiliar situation. I didn't want anyone to use me as experiment.

22nd October - Daughters' profile showed counterfoil have been issued - visa stamped - expiry date is 4 months earlier than my own expiry date. No problem because that is valid for 2 years essentially.

23rd October - PPR for my wife and son dropped along with travel restriction exemption approval for my son & the girl's letter of intro.

The grace and joy shall go round by the special grace of God Almighty.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:55am On Dec 08, 2021
UnyimeOcean:
Finally the long awaited mail arrived. Employer specific work permit approved.

Congrats, congrats congrats!!!!!!!
An soooooooooo happy for you
It has reached out turn o
Wao when did you apply

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by UnyimeOcean: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
1st March 2021

Anndav:

Congrats, congrats congrats!!!!!!!
An soooooooooo happy for you
It has reached out turn o
Wao when did you apply
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2021
pls can someone help me with the link to the new visiting visa portal. also, i have SOWP running, can i still apply for visiting visa using this portal? thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aamabel: 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
chichi93:
Hi guys! I just wanted to drop this here. I have an ongoing SOWP but I applied for visitors visa with the new portal on the 28th of October and it got approved today. It’s actually possible to apply for visitors while waiting on another TRV or PR application. I understand that this is something some people may not be brave enough to try without seeing who it has worked for first, which is why I dropping this here. Good luck guys!

Congratulations on your approval.
I would like to find out what time date you chose for return on your Visitors visa application. Someone advised I put the date my spouse is ending his program as return date. I plan to put January as travel date and his program is ending april 2023.
Kindly advise me on what to do. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cynk:
pls can someone help me with the link to the new visiting visa portal. also, i have SOWP running, can i still apply for visiting visa using this portal? thank you
Are you for real asking this question again?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FajAyobami: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
Good evening all... Has Canada stopped issuing visa due to the travel ban they gave Nigerians.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hello house.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 2:23am On Dec 09, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Hello house.

Update, it finally went through with another device. Turned out my system was blocking the payment portal page.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by youngbilli(m): 5:42am On Dec 09, 2021
Akannitommy:
No idea but in my own case the MP office didn't ask for consent form. What they asked for were full details of all applicants in the submission (no abbreviation of names). If not already in the form, include a table showing names of all members in the application, relationship to you, type of visa sought, application number, UCI #, and then note that your own details should be included as the family member in Canada. Emphasize need for family reunification (that's the catch phrase) in all manners you can - directly, implied, etc. Best wishes.

Hi Akannitommy, I sent a PM, I want to inquire about the MPs you contacted. My spouse also studies in Concordia Uni.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Good day all, where do I send evidence that I've done the medical IRCC requested for, Nairobi or? Should I mail them or webform or both?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Stonehenge83:
Good day all, where do I send evidence that I've done the medical IRCC requested for, Nairobi or? Should I mail them or webform or both?
For me i sent to both. and it was updated in about 2 week. Other gurus can advise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok. Thanks.
lightswitch007:
For me i sent to both. and it was updated in about 2 week. Other gurus can advise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Can you help with link to the webform?
lightswitch007:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
UnyimeOcean:
1st March 2021

Congratulations o....it will get to our turn soon o ...God knows I want to come here and testify too so bad....make God do am for us still waiting o....applied April...still waiting and hoping

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
FajAyobami:
Good evening all... Has Canada stopped issuing visa due to the travel ban they gave Nigerians.

They are still issuing work and student visas...I guess it's only tourist visas they stopped
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 2:32am On Dec 10, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 7:44am On Dec 10, 2021
I replied you with the details. Good luck

youngbilli:

Hi Akannitommy, I sent a PM, I want to inquire about the MPs you contacted. My spouse also studies in Concordia Uni.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by youngbilli(m): 8:24am On Dec 10, 2021
Akannitommy:
I replied you with the details. Good luck

thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 6:42am On Dec 11, 2021
What God cannot do does not exist oh!!! It has ended in praises for my 2 kids. PPR just landed for them. I am still expecting my husbands own though but God will surely complete what He started.

We applied on Oct 8th. Abeg follow me bless this mighty God!!!

14 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 6:51am On Dec 11, 2021
Congrats and we thank God on your behalf. Are these study visas or visitor's visa? If they are visitor's visa quickly apply for travel restriction exemption authorization letters for anyone of your family with visit visa. They can't travel without the authorization. It shall end in praises.

elizyous:
What God cannot do does not exist oh!!! It has ended in praises for my 2 kids. PPR just landed for them. I am still expecting my husbands own though but God will surely complete what He started.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2021
Congratulations. Your husband's own will drop in Jesus name. Amen. Please where and when did you do the medical they requested for?
elizyous:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

My SOWP application and SP applications for my 3 children were refused sometime in September 2021. I applied for GCMS notes on October 1st and received the notes today (December 11th). It took about 71 days for the notes to arrive.

The VO's main reasons for refusal have been quoted below:

“Adult male and 3 children intending to join spouse/parent in Cda, currently in status studying a Masters. I note that spouse’s application was submitted.

On that application, husband and 3 children were listed as non-accompanying.

No guarantee that either will find work to support themselves and 3 children. Given that all deps were listed as non-accompanying and that SP adult recently arrived in Cda, I question the truthfulness of that original statement. Entire family travelling together reduces socio-economic ties to Nigeria. On balance, reviewing all documents before me including information available in the original SP application for adult female, I am not satisfied that PA would respect T&C of entry and leave Cda by the end of an authorized stay.”

Please, GURUS in the house should suggest how I can tackle the refusal reasons.

Please, if you have found yourself in a similar situation, how did you come out?

Thank you in advance of your useful comments.

(Pls note: Wifey travelled to Canny since early Septemer 2021)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2021
elizyous:

Congrats it will surely go round.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
folla:
Hi everyone,

My SOWP application and SP applications for my 3 children were refused sometime in September 2021. I applied for GCMS notes on October 1st and received the notes today (December 11th). It took about 71 days for the notes to arrive.

“Adult male and 3 children intending to join spouse/parent in Cda, currently in status studying a Masters. I note that spouse’s application was submitted.

No guarantee that either will find work to support themselves and 3 children. Given that all deps were listed as non-accompanying and that SP adult recently arrived in Cda, I question the truthfulness of that original statement. Entire family travelling together reduces socio-economic ties to Nigeria. On balance, reviewing all documents before me including information available in the original SP application for adult female, I am not satisfied that PA would respect T&C of entry and leave Cda by the end of an authorized stay.”

Please, if you have found yourself in a similar situation, how did you come out?

Just sharing my opinion.

I guess SP used you and the kids has ties to Nigeria. A lot of us do that but I think you need to explain in your SOP a sudden change of decision on why you and the kids need to be with your wife.

Secondly you need some strong ties to Nigeria like properties, Job promotion In your office a “juicy offer” that will proof you will return to Nigeria, or a company commitment, family commitment like grand parents and so on.

Gurus in the house please advise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
Thank you sir. They are study visas.

Akannitommy

post=108394567:

Congrats and we thank God on your behalf. Are these study visas or visitor's visa? If they are visitor's visa quickly apply for travel restriction exemption authorization letters for anyone of your family with visit visa. They can't travel without the authorization. It shall end in praises.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2021
[quote author=folla post=108406752]Hi everyone,

Please, if you have found yourself in a similar situation, how did

****************************************************************************+**

You can reapply prayerfully with strong LOE why you and the children need to support your spouse in Canada (Emotionally, Physically etc) also you need to show POF and also with landed property, Registered Company Certificate If both of you have aged parents show pictures evidence to prove to VO that you still have aged parents you are caring for that too can serve as family ties.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2021
Congratulations!!
elizyous:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 7:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
Please drop timeline and documents you submitted ,because you decision came out so fast...Thank God for you!

elizyous:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Testimonytime: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
I recently receive my study permit and presently in Canada.

I wish to apply for my husband and three children 13, 12 and 3
My dilemma is what to apply for my husband as he is not staying because he has a good business Nigeria. Should I apply for SOWP for him or visitor? What about my 3 year old? Study permit or visitor. I sincerely want them here as soon as it’s possible because of my 3 year old, I do not know if sowp will be faster or visitor. I’m applying for study permit for my 13 and 12 year old.
Please what should the proof of funds be for SOWP and for Visitor? Iv done a year schooling already, though online, just hit here 2 weeks ago!
Please advise me.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Testimonytime: 2:22am On Dec 12, 2021
folla:
Hi everyone,

Did you apply before or after your wife traveled? I noticed you were refused September and your wife travelled September?

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.