Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (798886 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gracefull: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2022
Dayo96:

To start with, do you intend to go to Canada with your husband or just the kids?
Also, is there a reason you didn’t apply for study permit for the 3 older kids?

You can use your husband's company and other available assets as home ties.
I suggest you move the funds to your individual/joint account, not a company account.

Please, relax and review your storyline again.. It will end in praise.

Thank you so much for your suggestion. Initially I intended to go with my kids alone because I needed to use my husband as our home tie then I will put in his own application when I get to Canada. As it is ,I will like to include him in the next application and use assets as economic ties.
In my initial application, I applied for a vv for the kids but in the second application i applied for a SP for the three older kids and a vv for the youngest.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2022
gracefull:

Does this mean that for someone studying a one year course, it is impossible to bring your dependents with you? I’ve seen two family applications that were approved for an applicant who is studying a one year course.

Of course there are always exceptions and which greatly depends on how the application was packaged, travel history amongst others. Finally the decision lies on the VO but a two year course or more stands a better chance for family application than a one year course.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2022
semilore12:
PPR Alert!!!
Its not mine but I have been here before to lament so it's only fair to share the news as well.
Sis In Law left on student visa January 2022.
Visiting visa for my brother and daughter was submitted same January 2022 and the wait started.
In August after reading plenty feedback here, I suggested we apply for SOWP for hubby and study permit for the daughter.
Application submitted August 18 and Medicals done upfront as well.
Another wait started up on till yesterday morning, there was still no movement on the application. Towards evening, we noticed movement (as we kuku dey check almost every sec..lol)
Voila...the long awaited arrived same 24th November.
My brother is yet to believe what just happened sef. God proved himself again at the 11th hour.
To those still expecting, please explore all you can..I can't even say specifically how we arrived here. Above all, God made it happen!!!
To those who probably submitted VV before and wondering if to proceed with SOWP....I will advise that you do and leave both applications open.

Thanks everyone

Congratulations!
I am next to testify in Jesus Powerful NAME. AMEN!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2022
Emilo:
PPR SOWP Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are such a lucky family through God our Strength. My Wife's admission and PPR was approved in less than 2 months. Now our SOWP application has been approved in less than 2 months.

SOWP Application = October 9th

Biometrics = October 10th

Passport Request/Medical Upfront Update = November 22.

We give God all the praise.

POF = Naira account - 8.5m
= Dollar account - 20,000 dollars

We did all the application our selves, but had Makano (one of the guru here to review all our documents before upload!!)

Congratulations! I am next to testify in Jesus Mighty name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by maxiesusan1: 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
gaeul:
Sorry I couldn't reply your mail. Don't have access to my Nairaland email. I messaged them via their Nairobi email and attached with IOM gave them

Thanks for your response.

If I may ask please what is the email contact information so I can send it to them as well.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by makano: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2022
I can't drop my number on a facelss forum as this, but you can send a mail to makanoglobalservices@gmail.com.

Peace
Safetysmile:
Congratulations & Congratulations, thank GOD for the speed.. So happy for you!!

Pls help me with Makano's contact.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 2:43am On Dec 04, 2022
The kids will drop too, if he is impatient, he should email nairobi via;

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

noeloge82:
@gaeul
Pls a friend of mine got his approval on Tuesday the issue is that as his bvl dropped , medical request dropped for his Kid's he instantly uploaded the e form for the kids but his ppr dropped and his kids are yet to drop now he doesn't know which way forward I was suggesting to send web form but I said let me seek for other advice here.
His not on Nairaland but pls what do you advice , other gurus in the house pls your advice will be highly appreciated
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 2:48am On Dec 04, 2022

maxiesusan1:

Thanks for your response.

If I may ask please what is the email contact information so I can send it to them as well.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by noeloge82(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2022
gaeul:
The kids will drop too, if he is impatient, he should email nairobi via;

Ok thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by busayo21: 5:15am On Dec 05, 2022
Hello everyone,

My family’s application was approved recently. I am in the process of booking a flight. I want to ask if I can book one way ?

- Spouse - SOWP
- Kids - Visitor visa (will be applying for study visa while in Canada)

Is it okay to make one way flight booking?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DrAFOguns: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2022
Yes, you can.
busayo21:
Hello everyone,

My family’s application was approved recently. I am in the process of booking a flight. I want to ask if I can book one way ?

- Spouse - SOWP

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2022
Congratulations.....can you share your timeline?

busayo21:
Hello everyone,

- Spouse - SOWP

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
Alhamdulilah robil alamin!!!

It's PPR!
SOWP for my spouse, study visa for my 2 children.
App submitted with upfront medical: 17 August 2022.
Biometric for spouse: 19 August
Medical passed: 25 August
Eligibility: 6 December
PPR for all: 6 December.

I pray everybody expecting a decision receives a positive one soon.
Amen.

18 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pufframmy: 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
Allahamdullahi happy for u

omariam:

It's PPR!

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by merciee: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by merciee: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2022
Wow! Congrats to You. I tried sending you a mail. How else can I reach you pls. I need to ask some questions. I will really appreciate your response. Thanks.

Profgordons:
It’s PPR!!!

Applied for Visit Visa alongside with my Spouse who was applying for Study Permit, and Visit Visa for our two Munchkins - May 15th 2022

My application was cancelled in June, IRCC requested I apply for SOWP instead and refunded the application fee - Submitted June 30th 2022

Spouse Study permit was approved August and she resumed September

Munchkins Visitor Visas were approved September 28th, I got medical request same day

PPR today, November 3rd, 2022

It’s been quite interesting and I’ll advise people always apply as a family on the old portal if they have the funds to support it!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2022
merciee:
Wow! Congrats to You. I tried sending you a mail. How else can I reach you pls. I need to ask some questions. I will really appreciate your response. Thanks.

Oh, I may have missed that. Would send you one now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 12:00am On Dec 07, 2022
Congratulations
omariam:

It's PPR!

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 12:07am On Dec 07, 2022
Congratulations....
Please I don't have access to my Nairaland email
omariam:

It's PPR!

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mrlycan: 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2022
Hello house, please what Migrant type should i choose for Medical Booking for SOWP. Please its urgent

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 10:07pm On Dec 07, 2022
mrlycan:
Hello house, please what Migrant type should i choose for Medical Booking for SOWP. Please its urgent

Visitor
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by survivex: 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
Congratulations omariam.

omariam:

It's PPR!

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 9:10am On Dec 08, 2022
A friend is going to Canada next week. She has a lot of space in her luggage and will help anyone in the Port Harcourt area carry things to Canada for a small fee.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
cooooooks:
A friend is going to Canada next week. She has a lot of space in her luggage and will help anyone in the Port Harcourt area carry things to Canada for a small fee.
Na true.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mrlycan: 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
Please house I need your advice. I will be applying for SOWP once my wife leaves in January but the problem is that my international passport will expire in 5 months. Due to the delay in passports, please what can I do with the time left on my passport. Can i still use it to get into Canada?

Please help me out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 6:08am On Dec 09, 2022
Get a new one before you apply

mrlycan:
Please house I need your advice. I will be applying for SOWP once my wife leaves in January but the problem is that my international passport will expire in 5 months. Due to the delay in passports, please what can I do with the time left on my passport. Can i still use it to get into Canada?

Please help me out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2022
mrlycan:

Please help me out.

The delay is because you have not applied.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 0905babatee(m): 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
Hello,
I applied for my LMIA work permit since July,2022.
I got my GCMS notes today and i noticed the LMIA number on my application has an error.

Please how can i fix this? I’ve sent webforms and emailed nairobi office and other, and all i’m getting back is automated replies.
I’ve called IRCC and they referred me back to Nairobi.

For those that has also once made mistake in their application, Please Do i need to submit a fresh application?

I know i’m in the wrong thread but please i need an answer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2022
0905babatee:
Hello,
I applied for my LMIA work permit since July,2022.
I got my GCMS notes today and i noticed the LMIA number on my application has an error.

Please how can i fix this? I’ve sent webforms and emailed nairobi office and other, and all i’m getting back is automated replies.
I’ve called IRCC and they referred me back to Nairobi.

For those that has also once made mistake in their application, Please Do i need to submit a fresh application?

I know i’m in the wrong thread but please i need an answer.
Your supposed workplace should get you the LMIA and the correct one too. You cannot apply for LMIA!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by noeloge82(m): 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
mrlycan:

Please help me out.
What you do because IRCC timeline is not predictable is start the process of getting a new passport now , but as soon as your spouse leaves you can go ahead and apply no problem once your new passport is ready and your PPR drops you send the biodata page through webform to IRCC notifying them of the new passport then you send both the new and old passport for stamping , the new one will be stamped and returned to you without issues by this way you did not waste more time waiting for a new passport before application .
Success is all I wish you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 0905babatee(m): 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
i have the correct LMIA, i made a mistake with the last digit when filling my lmia number during application
aestake:

Your supposed workplace should get you the LMIA and the correct one too. You cannot apply for LMIA!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Newww1(f): 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
0905babatee:
i have the correct LMIA, i made a mistake with the last digit when filling my lmia number during application

May be you dont get what he is trying to tell you
In the first place You as the employee cannot apply for LMIA
So in this case i want to assume it is your employer that applied and made the mistake so have your employer address the mistake directly with IRCC.

Except of cos there is a process that enables employee apply one can never be sure all of IRCC process

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.