Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (798024 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 8:32am On May 18, 2017
iamosamede55:

Pls i want to find out how you filled out the section of Intended job in Canada in the forms. Since a job offer or Labour market impact assesment is not required for SOWP. Did you leave it blank after selecting open work permit as type of work permit? pls all the question is open to all, Thanks

I left that section blank.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 7:12pm On May 18, 2017
Shola1064:

I left that section blank.
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mzhorlah(f): 1:08pm On May 19, 2017
Pls i need to know if it is possible to seek n get Job/employment in Canada from Nigeria here n then later apply for Masters programme or something...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 40manlappy: 10:02am On May 20, 2017
Gymme:
Yes it is possible to apply for SOWP.

I have a family friend who has decided to relocate to either Canada or Australia but has some obvious constraints. The responses that I got on the Australian thread suggests that the options available for him are not feasible.

He is 52 years; apparently, he is not qualified for PR but the wife is 45 meaning she has just 5 years to secure ITA and obtain PR but obviously, age is no longer on her side to attain the required CRS score. They have 2 kids aged 16 and 15 respectively.

I have done some research on Entrepreneur/Self-Employed visa but the net asset requirements are on the high side for a middle-class family (about CAD$ 300,000 and above). Due to this, I wanted to suggest study route (Masters) for the wife so that she can later apply for Spousal Open Work Permit for her husband. She has B.A English and 10 years teaching experience as at date.

However, someone noted that it may be difficult for her to obtain a study permit for a Masters program at age 45, talk less of SOWP.

What do you think please? Practical insights would be appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2017
With the current trend in student visa processing from Nigeria, i would agree that age might make it a bit tight to get a Study Permit from Nigeria. A friend about that age (45) got a study permit in 2014. Nevertheless, if that would be the best and only option, i will give it a try.

That being said, i trust you bro that you have made all your research and they are on point.

If i were the one, i would send one of the kids (probably the older one, 16) to study instead. Then, the parents can apply to visit him/her if necessary. After the child's schooling, he/she process and get PR. The child can then apply for the parents' PR.

Cheers!

40manlappy:

I have a family friend who has decided to relocate to either Canada or Australia but has some obvious constraints. The responses that I got on the Australian thread suggests that the options available for him are not feasible.

He is 52 years; apparently, he is not qualified for PR but the wife is 45 meaning she has just 5 years to secure ITA and obtain PR but obviously, age is no longer on her side to attain the required CRS score. They have 2 kids aged 16 and 15 respectively.

I have done some research on Entrepreneur/Self-Employed visa but the net asset requirements are on the high side for a middle-class family (about CAD$ 300,000 and above). Due to this, I wanted to suggest study route (Masters) for the wife so that she can later apply for Spousal Open Work Permit for her husband. She has B.A English and 10 years teaching experience as at date.

However, someone noted that it may be difficult for her to obtain a study permit for a Masters program at age 45, talk less of SOWP.

What do you think please? Practical insights would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 40manlappy: 3:59pm On May 20, 2017
Gymme:
With the current trend in student visa processing from Nigeria, i would agree that age might make it a bit tight to get a Study Permit from Nigeria. A friend about that age (45) got a study permit in 2014. Nevertheless, if that would be the best and only option, i will give it a try.

That being said, i trust you bro that you have made all your research and they are on point.

If i were the one, i would send one of the kids (probably the older one, 16) to study instead. Then, the parents can apply to visit him/her if necessary. After the child's schooling, he/she process and get PR. The child can then apply for the parents' PR.

Cheers!

Thanks boss. Will discuss the options with them.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 9:49pm On May 20, 2017
No update on my app sinnce feb, it is well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedoyen: 1:21am On May 21, 2017
jobmman:
No update on my app sinnce feb, it is well.
Nothing on mine too since February
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 12:02pm On May 21, 2017
Same here o! Since Feb 1. It is well, It will all end in praise amen!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:29pm On May 23, 2017
Good Evening all. Processing times have dropped to 23 weeks. It will all end in praise amen!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 6:23am On May 24, 2017
Thanks so much for the update.
I still don't understand the rationale behind these crazy processing time for Nigeria applicants while our neighbors in the sub-region do 5 weeks maximum.

Sometimes, I feel like going to Ghana or Benin republic to submit my application since I hold Ecowas passport (Lesse passé or as they call it in Seme) so as to enjoy the sweet processing time of 5weeks but I don't know if it's possible. Just thinking out loud
grin

I believe it will end in praise for us all.

VEIL1234:
Good Evening all. Processing times have dropped to 23 weeks. It will all end in praise amen!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 8:30am On May 24, 2017
I finally got an update in my mailbox yesternite, (paper application but i linked it online). When i saw it my heart skipped. When i finally got the courage to open it, lo and behold i was Refused based on personal assets and financial status. (meanwhile i submitted a treasury bill certificate in millions alongside my app).
My total wait time was 15 weeks, my only consolation
Is dat we ve also submitted PR app after getting ITA recently. It will surely end in praise. Peace out (jumman)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 6:54pm On May 24, 2017
What how? Is your spouse on study permit? I am guessing you did upfront medicals? I am so sorry pls be encouraged.
jobmman:
I finally got an update in my mailbox yesternite, (paper application but i linked it online). When i saw it my heart skipped. When i finally got the courage to open it, lo and behold i was Refused based on personal assets and financial status. (meanwhile i submitted a treasury bill certificate in millions alongside my app).
My total wait time was 15 weeks, my only consolation
Is dat we ve also submitted PR app after getting ITA recently. It will surely end in praise. Peace out (jumman)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 8:24pm On May 24, 2017
My spouse is on study permit, I didn't do medicals for SOWP until April that my spouse got ITA via Express ENTRY so I did medicals around that time. It is well. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 7:53pm On May 25, 2017
It is well. Thanks to God for the ITA.
jobmman:
My spouse is on study permit, I didn't do medicals for SOWP until April that my spouse got ITA via Express ENTRY so I did medicals around that time. It is well. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2017
Ekinado:
For those asking for LOE/ SOP go to page 25, you will get it there.

Gurus in the house I hail!!
please I have a question

My husband just got to Canada and he is doing factory work which falls under NOC (C)skill level and he is a student so he doesn't have much money, my question is
Can I use his Pay stub for my application or I should ignore it?

Please use it if you have not submit your app

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toluberry: 4:11am On May 26, 2017
Good day house,
Please I'll like to know which route is faster paper/ online for sowp now. Also has anyone applied for sowp based of spouse provincial nomination for pr?

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omoba26: 6:22am On May 26, 2017
Good day gurus,

My wife just go the student visa, please when can I apply for work permit? Also what documents will I submit.

She will resume in sept.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toluberry: 3:01pm On May 26, 2017
Hello seniors, pls which route is faster and better at the moment online or paper application?
Also just for confirmation my son is 9 months old his own application should be visiting right while my wife's own is sowp?

Thanks in advance for the quick response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 6:58pm On May 26, 2017
I should think paper is faster, from the trend. I still stand to be corrected, and yes your son would be TRV while your wife open work permit.
toluberry:
Hello seniors, pls which route is faster and better at the moment online or paper application?
Also just for confirmation my son is 9 months old his own application should be visiting right while my wife's own is sowp?

Thanks in advance for the quick response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 7:01pm On May 26, 2017
Good Evening house,

I finally got medical request today, but there's a small issue. I applied with my 2 year old son and my 5 years old daughter. I got the letters for the clinic for my son and I, didn't find any for my daughter. Anyone had any similar experience before? What do I do? How can I enquire as the mail is a ''do not reply' e-mail. Thanks ahead.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 4:57am On May 27, 2017
Markab:
Thanks so much for the update.
I still don't understand the rationale behind these crazy processing time for Nigeria applicants while our neighbors in the sub-region do 5 weeks maximum.

Sometimes, I feel like going to Ghana or Benin republic to submit my application since I hold Ecowas passport (Lesse passé or as they call it in Seme) so as to enjoy the sweet processing time of 5weeks but I don't know if it's possible. Just thinking out loud
grin

I believe it will end in praise for us all.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 12:09pm On May 27, 2017
Congratulations Veil1234

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 4:18pm On May 27, 2017
Congrats madam..

VEIL1234:
Good Evening house,

I finally got medical request today, but there's a small issue. I applied with my 2 year old son and my 5 years old daughter. I got the letters for the clinic for my son and I, didn't find any for my daughter. Anyone had any similar experience before? What do I do? How can I enquire as the mail is a ''do not reply' e-mail. Thanks ahead.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by preciousa2: 8:29pm On May 27, 2017
paparazzi1987:

Please use it if you have not submit your app

@paprazzi1987 Good evening and many thanks for your post. Let me back track a bit with specific reference to the gcms notes you shared. Whilst I understand the VO's point, I believe that this situation depicts a host trying to apply for his/her spouse (SOWP) and dependent child (status as applicable). In other words, both spouse and child are accompanying dependents of a full time international student. And usually, as stated on CIC website, a full time international student desirous of bringing over his/her spouse and child to Canada is required to show minimum additional funds of 4k (spouse) cad and 3k (per dependent child). That includes the international student's already established 10k cad living expenses plus tuition for atleast one year.

My question and where I struggle to understand in this instance (whilst I understand all other points raised by the VO for this applicant), is that please why should the VO refer to LICO (in this instance 37,650 cad for a family of 3 wanting to live in other provinces other than Quebec)? LICO is usually referenced for PR applicants or family sponsorship applicants (in this case the PA is already on PR status or a citizen).

Please if you have more clarity, i'd love to learn.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:38pm On May 27, 2017
Thanks dear. I got my daughter's letter today. Thanking God in advance.
jobmman:
Congratulations Veil1234
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:39pm On May 27, 2017
Thanks a lot. We will all come out victorious amen.
Markab:
Congrats madam..

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ekinado: 11:41pm On May 27, 2017
Congrats Veil

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 12:09am On May 28, 2017
Thank u dear.
Ekinado:
Congrats Veil
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedoyen: 3:34am On May 28, 2017
VEIL1234:
Good Evening house,

Congratulations madam
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:22am On May 28, 2017
Now that your application is on the verge of approval, can you please share us the documents you submitted guide we prospective applicants in arranging ours?

Thanks madam

VEIL1234:
Thanks a lot. We will all come out victorious amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.