Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (798124 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 2:34am On Jun 02, 2023
FocusLasers:
UCI now updated.

Thanks to everyone.

Hi Gurus,

Please do you use webform to send upfront medicals after application? since it has not been requested by IRCC.

And do you combine the e-medical sheets for the Spouse and the kids as one while sending via webform or you do it individually for them.?

I will appreciate your responses bosses!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2023
Sayubil:

Please gurus in the house, how did kids who are not up to age of biometric get their UCI since UCI is Goten through biometric instructions letter

Everyone would get irrespective of age
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 9:01am On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks.

OkukuOne:
Follow the link directives, and begin the process by answering the questions, and the questionnaire will develop documents req'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irml-7ErSss

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Wavyfavy: 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
Sayubil:

What of your baby UCI, did you get UCI for your baby as well

They gave my baby uci on first day of application sef
He was given uci immediately
They even re-arranged it such that my baby’s name came before mine

Don’t know why
Any body with Same setting
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 1:07am On Jun 03, 2023
Accessed:

Hi Gurus,

Please do you use webform to send upfront medicals after application? since it has not been requested by IRCC.

And do you combine the e-medical sheets for the Spouse and the kids as one while sending via webform or you do it individually for them.?

Please guys!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FocusLasers: 9:55am On Jun 03, 2023
Accessed:

Please guys!

I am not a Guru on these matters.

But I know you can send a webform of your medicals even after you have submitted your Application.

Having said that, you could state in your webform the summary of these documents for easier understanding for the officer, I think you can attach together.

Though, even if you didn't send as a webform, when the need arises, they would send a Medical Request.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
Accessed:

Hi Gurus,

Each applicant have UCI number, send it individually
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
Wavyfavy:

They gave my baby uci on first day of application sef
He was given uci immediately
They even re-arranged it such that my baby’s name came before mine

Don’t know why
Any body with Same setting

Your baby UCI number came earlier than yours because your baby did not require to do biometric, it’s normal
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenfunlola(f): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
A friend just got her study permit and wants to apply for her new baby now (alone) what document does she needs pleas HELP !
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 1:41am On Jun 04, 2023
FocusLasers:

I am not a Guru on these matters.

But I know you can send a webform of your medicals even after you have submitted your Application.

Having said that, you could state in your webform the summary of these documents for easier understanding for the officer, I think you can attach together.

Though, even if you didn't send as a webform, when the need arises, they would send a Medical Request.

Thanks!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 1:42am On Jun 04, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

Each applicant have UCI number, send it individually

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rasakiopoewa: 2:17am On Jun 04, 2023
Pls is it a must to submit canadian college transcript ( first semester) of your husband or wife now with your sowp. Okuku pls and gurus
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 4:29am On Jun 04, 2023
Hello Nairalanders,

Please kindly advise me on what to do from here.......... My wife and 3 kids got their medical request and they did the medical on
May 29th, the 3 kids got their MEDICALS PASSED on May 31. Two of the children got PPR on June 1st (study visa), but the 3rd child (visit visa) has not received PPR . Also my wife Status is still showing medical proccessing for only herself.

Please what do you advice i do.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2023
keleto:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please kindly advise me on what to do from here.......... My wife and 3 kids got their medical request and they did the medical on
May 29th, the 3 kids got their MEDICALS PASSED on May 31. Two of the children got PPR on June 1st (study visa), but the 3rd child (visit visa) has not received PPR . Also my wife Status is still showing medical proccessing for only herself.

Congratulations to your family, for them to approve you kids. Your wife application and the last kid has been approved too, because she is the principal applicant.

Just raise webform tomorrow and send mail for them to update their PPR. Nothing to worry about

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lbell59: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hi guys,
Please I need help. My study permit has just been approved. My resumption is for winter 2024.
Question.
1. Can my spouse apply for open work permit now
2. What documents can I submit since am still in Nigeria.

I would really appreciate your advice.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

Congratulations to your family, for them to approve you kids. Your wife application and the last kid has been approved too, because she is the principal applicant.

Just raise webform tomorrow and send mail for them to update their PPR. Nothing to worry about

thanks man
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Queenfunlola(f): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
a friend just got her study permit and wants to apply for her new baby now (alone) what document does she needs pleas HELP !
@headyworld @okukuone @everybody please help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 10:18am On Jun 05, 2023
Queenfunlola:
a friend just got her study permit and wants to apply for her new baby now (alone) what document does she needs pleas HELP !
@headyworld @okukuone @everybody please help

Her ppr, introduction letter, the baby passport, any other documents relating to the baby, POF. You can search her online for more
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 10:21am On Jun 05, 2023
Lbell59:
Hi guys,
Please I need help. My study permit has just been approved. My resumption is for winter 2024.
Question.
1. Can my spouse apply for open work permit now
2. What documents can I submit since am still in Nigeria.

I would really appreciate your advice.

You can apply from Nigeria, people have been doing that positively.

Search the thread for documents people have been submitting.

Your PPR, letter of introduction, visa, letter of admission, tuition deposit and so on to proof the spouse is enrolled. All the best
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lbell59: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Thanks a lot @HEADYWORLD
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by silvamania: 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Good Evening,

Please I just want to confirm this .

If you submit your passport for stamping to the Abuja VFS office.
Note : initial biometric was done at Lagos VFS

After they stamp it ,

Will they send it back to Lagos office and from there you can opt to pick it up yourself or pay the 18,710 to be delivered to your preferred house location?

Thank you for educating me on this .

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
silvamania:
Good Evening,

Please I just want to confirm this .

If you submit your passport for stamping to the Abuja VFS office.
Note : initial biometric was done at Lagos VFS

After they stamp it ,

Will they send it back to Lagos office and from there you can opt to pick it up yourself or pay the 18,710 to be delivered to your preferred house location?

Thank you for educating me on this .

Your passport will be returned from the you sent it to. If you send to Abuja, you willl contact Abuja for delivery
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheebu: 3:45am On Jun 06, 2023
Hi everyone.
Been a while. I recently submitted SOWP application for my wife & VV for our kid. But it's 5 days now and they're yet to get the biometric appointment letter. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sayo007: 4:17am On Jun 06, 2023
Cadygosh:
Good afternoon people, please we submitted my husband's Spousal permit application 4 days ago, and until now, his Biometrics letter has not dropped after 4 days of submitting it, please is this normal cos I know the Biometrics letter doesn't go beyond 48 hours after submission.
Has anybody experienced this before and what is the way forward? I am starting to get worried.
My husband biometric took over 2month it was uploaded with approval
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheebu: 6:00am On Jun 06, 2023
Sayo007:

My husband biometric took over 2month it was uploaded with approval

So the biometrics letter came with a passport request. Is that what you mean?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Princeofabia: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2023
keleto:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please bro, Did you do your medicals at qlife?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 9:07am On Jun 06, 2023
I’m in the same situation. No Biometrics Appointment Letter yet after submitting. It’s day 4 today.

Cheebu:
Hi everyone.
Been a while. I recently submitted SOWP application for my wife & VV for our kid. But it's 5 days now and they're yet to get the biometric appointment letter. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Goldentony2nice: 9:09am On Jun 06, 2023
I think @Sayo007 is confusing the Biometrics Appointment Letter with Biometrics Verification Letter (BVL).

Cheebu:

So the biometrics letter came with a passport request. Is that what you mean?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by survivex: 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Does anyone know how to reach UPS to check for passport delivery?
VFS sent a mail since 2 June that passport has been picked up by courier and up till now, no message or call from UPS to update on delivery.

If you have any experience sending your passport through Lagos, kindly share.
If you have PPR here, I will say just send to Abuja, Lagos is practically too dull and slow over 2 wks since my friend sent his passport now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Princeofabia:
Please bro, Did you do your medicals at qlife?

no, IOM lagos
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by May06: 11:25am On Jun 07, 2023
Medicals for Canada

Hello everyone, Please does anyone know whether I will have to do another medical exam if my results expire before I enter Canada?

I have a work permit & temporary visa. However, I am considering staying back in Nigeria to sort some issues before travelling to Canada. Issue is my Medicals will expire soon. Does anyone know if I will need to do a new medical exam before I can be allowed to enter Canada? Please advise. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.