Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,467 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:54 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (785350 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kasco2pro: 5:19am On Dec 09, 2016
Wow! Congrats. That's really fast...
Adagody:
Hi everyone, I stumbled on this forum 2 days ago when I tracked my application and on cic website, it said 'final decision not started' but vfs said my passport was ready for collection. I was confused and scared and started checking online to see if that was normal. Thank God today I collected and my sowp was approved.

Timeline
1/11/16: submitted paper route
18/11/16: medical mail
24/11/16: medical done at consultant practice
1/12/16: medical passed update on cic
6/12/16: tracked via and said ready to pick
8/12/17: collected my visa at vfs lagos

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
My SOA
Hubby's SOA
My dad's SOA (was co sponsor for hubby)
Police clearance
Marriage cert
Change of name copy
Tax receipts for my shop
SOP stating Mum in law will take care of my shop in my absence
Letter from my hubby's Nigeria employer.

Other documents
Hubby's study permit,
Letter from international students office in his school
Rent reciept
Passport data page
Social insurance in canada
School fees reciept
Confirmation of enrollment
Letter of invite

I give God all the glory.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by eridemilade: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2016
Congrat @Adagody
More goodnews in here by his grace.

As for me......... Na sit down look I dey oooo
Since medical passed nothing oooooo.
Cic y na........
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by easyxtan: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=Adagody post=51738405]Hi everyone, I stumbled on this forum 2 days ago when I tracked my application and on cic website, it said 'final decision not started' but vfs said my passport was ready for collection. I was confused and scared and started checking online to see if that was normal. Thank God today I collected and my sowp was approved.

Timeline

Congrats on your application.Did you summit your CV and educational qualification ? or is it not important in SOWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 6:19am On Dec 10, 2016
You should get a response before the holidays! Just trust God!
eridemilade:
Congrat @Adagody
More goodnews in here by his grace.

As for me......... Na sit down look I dey oooo
Since medical passed nothing oooooo.
Cic y na........
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by eridemilade: 11:50am On Dec 10, 2016
Ruth222:
You should get a response before the holidays! Just trust God!

I really pray so.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2016
Congrats Madam, I tap into this testimony.
Adagody:
Hi everyone, I stumbled on this forum 2 days ago when I tracked my application and on cic website, it said 'final decision not started' but vfs said my passport was ready for collection. I was confused and scared and started checking online to see if that was normal. Thank God today I collected and my sowp was approved.

Timeline

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
My SOA
Hubby's SOA
Police clearance
Marriage cert
Change of name copy
Tax receipts for my shop

Other documents
Hubby's study permit,
Rent reciept
Passport data page
School fees reciept
Letter of invite

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Edoblakky(m): 9:17am On Dec 12, 2016
I always had this feeling that paper application was faster than online because no embassy will like to hold your passport for more than 3 months.
I actually did paper application for my study permit and it was approved within 2 months. I've applied for my wife and she insisted it be done via online and since June till now we're yet to hear from CIC. I am really pissed with CIC.

Congrats to Adagody!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2016
Not even Medicals?
Edoblakky:
I always had this feeling that paper application was faster than online because no embassy will like to hold your passport for more than 3 months.
I actually did paper application for my study permit and it was approved within 2 months. I've applied for my wife and she insisted it be done via online and since June till now we're yet to hear from CIC. I am really pissed with CIC.

Congrats to Adagody!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nam16: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
Absolutely. Cos the office (Accra)that process online application attend to several types of visa application compare to paper (Lagos)...if you apply via paper and you need your passport, you can always withdraw your passport while application still in process.
Edoblakky:

Congrats to Adagody!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ell707: 7:07am On Dec 13, 2016
Wow! Congrats dear!
Please is there anyone who has withdrawn his/her application and then reapplied??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ell707: 7:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Please who else applied through paper route ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ell707: 7:19am On Dec 13, 2016
Online application
Biometrics : September 21.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pinkygrace(f): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hey guys, i have been following this thread since it was formed. This is my husband Timeline

19/11/16: medical mail, there was a mix up as he already did upfront medical, VFS sent him a mail that his passport was ready for collection, we thought it was a refusal, but alas it was for him to go for medicals, he called the clinic and they had not sent his medical, so they sent it and gave him a copy of his e-medical which he attached to his passport and took back to VFS

9/12/16: tracked via vfs and said ready to pick

13/12/17: collected my visa at vfs Abuja, visa was approved on the 7/12/16

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
Hubby's SOA
Police clearance
Marriage cet
Letter from his workplace
my study permit,
Passport data page
Letter of invite

I thank God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nam16: 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hi, is this a spouse open work permit or visit visa..?
Pinkygrace:
Hey guys, i have been following this thread since it was formed. This is my husband Timeline

19/11/16: medical mail, there was a mix up as he already did upfront medical, VFS sent him a mail that his passport was ready for collection, we thought it was a refusal, but alas it was for him to go for medicals, he called the clinic and they had not sent his medical, so they sent it and gave him a copy of his e-medical which he attached to his passport and took back to VFS

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
Hubby's SOA
Police clearance
Marriage cet
my study permit,
Passport data page
Letter of invite

I thank God.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pinkygrace(f): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
nam16:
Hi, is this a spouse open work permit or visit visa..?

Spouse open work permit
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nam16: 1:37am On Dec 14, 2016
Quite fast!
Pinkygrace:

Spouse open work permit
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 2:43am On Dec 14, 2016
Processing time is now 23 weeks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2016
Yea! @jpepper

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2016
Congrats
Pinkygrace:

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
Hubby's SOA
Police clearance
Marriage cet
my study permit,
Passport data page
Letter of invite

I thank God.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
Wow, congratulations. I tap into this testimony.
Pinkygrace:

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
Hubby's SOA
Police clearance
Marriage cet
my study permit,
Passport data page
Letter of invite

I thank God.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2016
Passport requested.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
Congratulations! More good news in Jesus name!
Gymme:
Passport requested.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dannylng(m): 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Adagody:

Timeline

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
My SOA
Hubby's SOA
Police clearance
Marriage cert
Change of name copy
Tax receipts for my shop

Other documents
Hubby's study permit,
Rent reciept
Passport data page
School fees reciept
Letter of invite

Please can you help me by sending me the links to the docs in cic website. Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
1. Jden:biometrics April 23, Medicals November 22
2. Eridemilade: biometrics may 13, Medicals November 25, Medicals passed
3. bosypumping : biometrics may 17, upfront Medicals
4. Gymme : biometrics may 17, Medicals November 23,passport request December 15
5. Edoblakky : biometrics June
6. Boladan : biometrics June 7
7.Housewife1 : biometrics July 8, upfront Medicals
8.Ruth 222: biometrics July 8, upfront Medicals
9. Ell707: biometrics September 21 ,
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dannylng(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Edoblakky:

Congrats to Adagody!

Please send me the link to the docs in cic website that you used in applying for your wife. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
Wow congrats in advance Gymme. Your advice on all the canadian threads have been useful.
Gymme:
Passport requested.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
Check here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications

Dannylng:

Please send me the link to the docs in cic website that you used in applying for your wife. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by eridemilade: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2016
Gymme:
Passport requested.

Congrats
More to come

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justicia: 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hi All. Pls do children under 5 have to do bometrics too. My wife will be submitting her sowp app next week. So I wanted to find out if she has to take the kids to vfs.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by boladan(f): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
justicia:
Hi All. Pls do children under 5 have to do bometrics too. My wife will be submitting her sowp app next week. So I wanted to find out if she has to take the kids to vfs.
hi Justicia,in addition to the screen shot I provided I would advise your wife submits her application via paper route if you have not submitted online, its faster, please read through this thread to get a better understanding.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justicia: 3:51am On Dec 20, 2016
boladan:
hi Justicia,in addition to the screen shot I provided I would advise your wife submits her application via paper route if you have not submitted online, its faster, please read through this thread to get a better understanding.
thanks boladan. we are submitting via paper. already read the tgread

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pegasusautos: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2016
Pinkygrace:

Documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
Hubby's SOA
Police clearance
Marriage cet
my study permit,
Passport data page
Letter of invite

I thank God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (382) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.