Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,804 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS (72221 Views)

The House Where Andrew Yakubu Hid Over N3bn And Its Surrounding (Photos) / Document Amalgamating Northern & Southern Nigeria Expired. / This Is The House Where Gen Buhari Was Born (photos) + Meet His Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by lionstone: 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
House where Lugard signed amalgamation of Northern Southern Nigeria needs attention

Dear Sir,
My name is Pelu Awofeso, travel journalist and publisher of waka-about .
In the light of the federal government’s plan to mark Nigeria’s centenary in 2014, we sent one of our writers on assignment to Zungeru, the historic town.
Among other landmarks, the tour brought her to the building , where Frederick Lugard supposedly signed the Amalgamation of Northern and Southern Nigeria on 1 January 1914.
We like the idea of a centenary celebration. if anything, it will help to unite our dear country even more. Already, there is a whole raft of centenary everything:centenary city, centenary slogan, centenary song, centenary logo/emblem, centenary lottery,centenary website.
But so far no mention has been made of Zungeru, Niger State, where Frederick Lugard actually signed the amalgamation into effect.

Zungeru should be the ideal CENTENARY CITY, a town that should be properly prepared ahead of the 2014 commemoration. I do hope this image will be published in your respected medium to draw attention to an unfairly neglected but significant town in our country’s history.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/letter-to-the-editor/124833-house-where-fredericklugard-signed-the-amalgamation-of-nothern-southern-nigeria.html

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by OracleMxNelson(m): 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Incase

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Rawani: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Frederick John Dealtry Lugard, 1st Baron Lugard GCMG, CB, DSO, PC (22 January 1858 – 11 April 1945), known as Sir Frederick Lugard between 1901 and 1928, was a British soldier, mercenary, explorer of Africa and colonial administrator, who was Governor of Hong Kong (1907–1912) and Governor-General of Nigeria (1914–1919).

He who knows not where he comes from cannot tell where he is going.

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
That was where the great mistake of 1914 took place.

It shall not be well with Lugard.

242 Likes 28 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
One of the biggest mistakes ever made by mortal man.....No shared briefs, ideology or values; simply amalgamated for their selfish reasons. ..

Nations are usually built when a people, who share similar beliefs and values, willingly agree to come together to find common meaning and fulfilment. Nigeria is clearly the opposite.

The wicked and demonic British imperialists amalgamated us for their own financial experiments. See the child they birthed? Still creeping after a 100 years!

As far as the foundation was fake and fraudulent, blood and lies shall be used to keep it from crumbling. Unfortunately, it's a question of time! Either we restructure the nation or it may eventually implode (I pray not so)

God don punish Lugard!!!!

189 Likes 22 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Dahjhi: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
make I pack for here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Ozigbondu(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
God punish lugard and his ashawo girlfriend called flora wherever they are for forming this failed geographical entity called Nigeria.

Even the building where this entity was born is in a dipilated condition mirroring the state of the child it bore

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by ishiamu(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
grin

That's the fucking house he sold us to this yeye amajiris

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by illiad: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
Accursed house.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by lionstone: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
THIS IS WHERE LUGARD COMMITTED THE HIGHEST CRIME AGAINST THE PEOPLE'S WILL WHICH IS NOW LEFT DESOLATE.
MAY GOD SAVE US FROM THIS LUGARD'S CAGE CALLED N*GERIA.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
ishiamu:

That's the fucking house he sold us to this yeye amajiris

I tell you brother, It's so unfortunate.
We call it the "great mistake of 1914".
Those heartless guys are holding us to ransome.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by ishiamu(m): 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I tell you brother, It's so unfortunate.
We call it the "great mistake of 1914".
Those heartless guys are holding us to ransome.

Yes we need get off this bondage from the terrorist tribe

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by baby124: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
It needs to be renovated and a replica placed in a museum in SE so that all this secession talk can rest Biko. Take that Massob cheesy

11 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
ishiamu:

Yes we need get off this bondage from the terrorist tribe
The oil is situated in our region, Will they allow us go...I hope Buhari succeeds in his quest for oil in the Chad Basin grin.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by ishiamu(m): 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

The oil is situated in our region, Will they allow us go...I hope Buhari succeeds in his quest for oil in the Chad Basin grin.

Dead on arrival

6 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by jaysniggs: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
We weren't almagamated by chance.
God is in support of this nation I'm sure.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by OneNaira6: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
The house where that worthless country was created. Look at it, it's looking like the hunted house it is. I bet you the devil lives there

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
ishiamu:

Dead on arrival
Exactly, But the old granpa does not know this.

4 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
jaysniggs:
We weren't almagamated by chance.
God is in support of this nation I'm sure.
Which God

15 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by ishiamu(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Exactly, But the old granpa does not know this.

His on his own

4 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by SeverusSnape(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
dearpreye:
One of the biggest mistakes ever made by mortal man.....No shared briefs, ideology or values; simply amalgamated for their selfish reasons. ..
I still weep for that single action... It was a monumental mistake.

20 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by jaysniggs: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Which God

Do you read your Bible at all?
Do you even have one?
Do you you know what a Bible is?
Have you ever heard of the Old Testament?
Guy lock up!

3 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Which God

About to ask too......religion na scam! !!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

It was a criminal mistake. ...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by giantstrides(m): 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:

well we are all in this together already and I would have thought we'd all be past this almagamation issue by now. We should focus all our energy on making Nigeria really work, we just have to, because despite the attempts plus predictions about us breaking up, we still remain as one, I hope everyone realises tht soon enoough .

18 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by eagleeye2: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
Where is Lord Luggard now?
Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Deltagiant: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
Interesting....Actually where Lugard signed the warrant for the largest prison ever built for black people on earth!

The ruins antiquated as the current state of the prison called Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Rawani: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
undecided

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
eagleeye2:
Where is Lord Luggard now?

The idiot dey grave. ..

1 Like

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by 1stola: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
I AM VERY SURE THAT IT IS THOSE BIA FURANS THAT DESTROYED THAT HOUSE undecided

5 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by Frankiss44(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
House of Error

8 Likes

Re: House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS by teemanbastos(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
That was where the great mistake of 1914 took place.

It shall not be well with Lugard.
severus.snape

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Reacts As Igbo Man Turns Bundles Of Dollars Into Daughter's Bed / Governor Sanwo-Olu In Church, Works As 'Usher', Greets People (Video) / Nnamdi Kanu Reveals 9 States To Follow Biafra After Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.