Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Thread For Cisco Networking - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Thread For Cisco Networking (42800 Views)

Where Can One Learn CISCO Networking In Ogun State? / Cisco Networking Devices For Sale *****SOLD***** / Learn Computer Networking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 2:09am On May 18, 2015
BTW ptoall1000, I would like screenshot proof of your finishing of the exercises.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by ptoall1000: 10:39am On May 18, 2015
Fulaman198:
BTW ptoall1000, I would like screenshot proof of your finishing of the exercises.
Yea, i notice that telnet is not working yet. Give me till end of today.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 12:31pm On May 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Please start reading about the data link and network layers. When you are done reading about the network layers, I'll give you an assignment.

Im done sir,ready for the assignment
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 3:33pm On May 18, 2015
wildchild1:

Im done sir,ready for the assignment

I'm going to type up a big assignment for you and give you some reading on subnetting and IP addressing. Plus I'm going to create a questionnaire.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 3:40pm On May 18, 2015
ptoall1000:

What are you trying to do? What is this assignment for?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Kavalier5(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Hopefully it will be good enough to do the exercises
Alright.. I'll do just that
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Kavalier5(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Hopefully it will be good enough to do the exercises
Alright.. I'll do just that
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by ptoall1000: 5:46pm On May 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

What are you trying to do? What is this assignment for?
Part of the assignement 1.1 is to be able to telnet the router, which did not work, but im yet to try it again.
I like the exercises because i am just given a task to join a network team managing cisco based network. i am used to smaller networks with Dlink and non-configured cisco switches. I have read CCNA books without practicals, so i need these exercises to get me on track and deepen my network knowledge.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 9:14pm On May 18, 2015
ptoall1000:

Part of the assignement 1.1 is to be able to telnet the router, which did not work, but im yet to try it again.
I like the exercises because i am just given a task to join a network team managing cisco based network. i am used to smaller networks with Dlink and non-configured cisco switches. I have read CCNA books without practicals, so i need these exercises to get me on track and deepen my network knowledge.

In packet tracer, you have to click on the computer then go to the tab that allows you to open up command prompt then type the IP address after Telnet to telnet into the machine.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 11:36pm On May 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'm going to type up a big assignment for you and give you some reading on subnetting and IP addressing. Plus I'm going to create a questionnaire.
I'm ready sir
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 12:07am On May 19, 2015
wildchild1:

I'm ready sir

I'll post it before Wednesday, still typing it up
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 8:35am On May 19, 2015
Fulaman198:

I'll post it before Wednesday, still typing it up

Chei,its going to be big indeed grin
#IamReady
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 3:22pm On May 19, 2015
wildchild1:

Chei,its going to be big indeed grin
#IamReady

Yeah I'll post it here sometime tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by venus4cupid: 11:09am On May 20, 2015
please is there any way i can learn from Cisco online and get the certificate?
i am from Abaji Abuja, FCT and i wont be chanced to come to your offices, but would love to learn all about it online courses if you have please contact me: sylvenus85@gmail.com.
thank you
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by AAAkinyemi(m): 12:38pm On May 20, 2015
Please can anyone explain how I can use my gtbank mastercard to pay and make purchase via paypal. It kept asking me for credit card number instead. Thanks!
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2015
venus4cupid:
please is there any way i can learn from Cisco online and get the certificate?
i am from Abaji Abuja, FCT and i wont be chanced to come to your offices, but would love to learn all about it online courses if you have please contact me: sylvenus85@gmail.com.
thank you

that's what this thread is sort of for.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 8:27am On May 21, 2015
I haven't forgotten my online students, I will post a big assignment soon. There is going to be a lot of reading and also a large IP addressing assignment in which you will have to do some subnetting. I will post it soon.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 21, 2015
So, I noticed this thread and the network engineering field in general is male dominated. What's up with that I'll be getting my BSc in Computer Science next year by God's grace and Lord knows I want to go into networking. Another thing is that people say you need to be working in the field to do Cisco. That there's no point doing Cisco if you're not working with networking systems and all that already. What's up with that too??..
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 6:06am On May 22, 2015
NeekyBerry:
So, I noticed this thread and the network engineering field in general is male dominated. What's up with that I'll be getting my BSc in Computer Science next year by God's grace and Lord knows I want to go into networking. Another thing is that people say you need to be working in the field to do Cisco. That there's no point doing Cisco if you're not working with networking systems and all that already. What's up with that too??..

We don't want it to be male dominated, please become a Network Engineer as well

I hope this story inspires you: http://www.cisco.com/web/SG/partners/emails/woman_rock_it.html

I just feel that women don't want to get involved in it. If you want to be a Network Engineer, I don't know what path you decided to go with in Comp sci, but I would recommend taking the Networking track with Security.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Kavalier5(m): 10:52am On May 22, 2015
Sir, was going through this site on the 7 OSI layers.. it's kinda different.. I'm I reading the wrong thing?
http://computernetworkingnotes.com/osi-layer-modals/osi-model.html#
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by baba11(m): 8:35pm On May 22, 2015
Fulaman198:

We don't want it to be male dominated, please become a Network Engineer as well

I hope this story inspires you: http://www.cisco.com/web/SG/partners/emails/woman_rock_it.html

I just feel that women don't want to get involved in it. If you want to be a Network Engineer, I don't know what path you decided to go with in Comp sci, but I would recommend taking the Networking track with Security.
How could one thread this path?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by enzo01(m): 9:40pm On May 22, 2015
Pls am kinda new in Cisco networking and I'll want to know how to configure a Cisco router of two networks where each network has a single switch, a server and three pc's
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 9:42pm On May 22, 2015
Kavalier5:

Sir, was going through this site on the 7 OSI layers.. it's kinda different.. I'm I reading the wrong thing?
http://computernetworkingnotes.com/osi-layer-modals/osi-model.html#

I haven't checked on it yet, what's different about it?
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 9:43pm On May 22, 2015
enzo01:
Pls am kinda new in Cisco networking and I'll want to know how to configure a Cisco router of two networks where each network has a single switch, a server and three pc's

I'll draw a diagram later and ask if that is what you want
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Kavalier5(m): 12:33am On May 23, 2015
Fulaman198:

I haven't checked on it yet, what's different about it?

I cross checked with other sources.. they're actually the same thing ... just that this was Listed and explained in reverse order [started with the 7th, Application Layer].. I'm good to go

1 Like

Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 12:36am On May 23, 2015
baba11:
How could one thread this path?

It depends on your school and the options they give for computer science. I advise seeking a career counselor and inform them that you are interested on Network engineering and inquire what path that you should take.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 12:37am On May 23, 2015
I will post the assignment later today (Saturday) I haven't forgotten.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by wildchild1: 9:13am On May 23, 2015
Fulaman198:
I will post the assignment later today (Saturday) I haven't forgotten.
Ok sir,we are waiting

Welcome onboard new students
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by baba11(m): 11:05am On May 23, 2015
Fulaman198:

It depends on your school and the options they give for computer science. I advise seeking a career counselor and inform them that you are interested on Network engineering and inquire what path that you should take.
Mind you fulaman,I'm a graduate of electronics and computer engineering with a strong passion for cybersecurity...what I mean was that how can one follow the path of networking track with security you mentioned earlier on
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 5:45pm On May 23, 2015
wildchild1:

Ok sir,we are waiting

Welcome onboard new students

For your next assignment, I'm sure you read about Layer 2 and Layer 3 already. So you are aware that at Layer 2 is where you deal with Mac Addresses and Layer 3 is where you deal with Network IP addresses (both IPv4 and IPv6) We are going to get into IP addressing before we get into subnetting. I'm going to give you some exercises to do with Binary numbers and basic IP addresses.

Before you start, I would like you to watch these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWxiXU02ZQM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUqtjb8WEUs

I would like you in addition if you don't feel that the videos are sufficient to read up on Binary to decimal conversions.

Your exercise is as follows:

1. Convert the IP address 192.168.43.1 to Binary

2. Convert the IP address 11000000.01110000.00110000.00010010 to Decimal

3. Convert the IP address 01111111.00000000.00000000.00000001 to decimal. What is the significance of this IP address? What is it used for?

4. Convert the IP address 10.10.241.9 to Binary

Based on your previous reading I would also like for you to tell me the following:

1. Define the IP address range of Class A IP addresses:

2. Define the IP address range of Class B IP addresses:

3. Define the IP address range of Class C IP addresses:

4. What is a MAC Address? how does one find the MAC address of a Windows device? How does one find the MAC Address of a Linux/Mac OS based device?

5. How many bits are in a MAC Address?

The original assignment was going to be much larger, but I didn't want to overwhelm you. This assignment is due Tuesday. Have fun and we'll see you on NL.
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 5:48pm On May 23, 2015
baba11:

Mind you fulaman,I'm a graduate of electronics and computer engineering with a strong passion for cybersecurity...what I mean was that how can one follow the path of networking track with security you mentioned earlier on

Since you have already graduated from Computer engineering, my advice for you is to go for certification if you are into Networking and Security.

1. I would start off by obtaining the CCNA and possibly eventually going for the CCNP. There is so much Networking knowledge gained by doing this.

2. I would learn about WireShark and how Network Engineers, Network Protocol Analysts and Forensics Experts use it as a Security tool, Troubleshooting tool, and other things.

3. Once you have a more solidified Networking foundation, I would look into Network Security certs like CCNA/CCNP Security, CEH, CISSP, etc. (I didn't mention Security+ because I feel like its useless and easily self-learned).
Re: Thread For Cisco Networking by Fulaman198(m): 5:51pm On May 23, 2015
ptoall1000:

Following up with you on your assignment, I hope it is going well. Please don't hesitate to ask for help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard / 21 Amazing Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.