Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? (1404 Views)

Should Couples Use Condom During Intimacy? / Timetable For Sex For Married Couples, Good Or Not? / Why Should Poor Couples Have Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? by opustjk: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
A friend of mine recently had an insane fight

with his wife over an sms he’d received from a female colleague. Here's what happened.

About a couple of days earlier, he’d bought a really nice fountain pen for this colleague of his on her birthday.Understandably, the lady sent him an sms expressing her gratitude. Harmless enough right? Well, his wife sure didn't think so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the style of a true seasoned CSI investigator/hacker,

his wife had unlocked his phone, and discovered the sms.

She basically started a riot after that.

Being a very close friend of the couple, I didn’t see what all the fuss was about.Well, that was until I saw the sms.It went like this;

“Your Pen is very nice.I am enjoying it very well.Thank you!” .As I read it, It dawned on me that she’d mistakenly typed “pen” and “is” as one word.

Enough said!

Anyway, the question is, should couples (married/unmarried) have access to each other’s phones?

This is a slightly controversial topic.I have asked several people (men/women)this question.Its just crazy the sort of responses they’ve given me.I will show you a few.

* “If my wife touch my phone I go slap am well-well!”

*”I and my husband go through each other’s phones all the time.Its no big deal!”

*”Biko,Prevention is better than cure.I must know what is in his phone at all times!”

*”Phone passwords are not allowed in my house.Period!”

*”Trouble no good.Make she no touch my phone abeg! “

*One of the major elements of a relationship is trust.I trust her, she trusts me.Our phones aren’t an issue!”

*”Mbok, I don’t want high BP.Wetin eye c naim dey spoil mind.He can keep his phone!”

Here’s my take on this.No two relationships are exactly the same.It depends on what’s comfortable for the two of you.Personally I don’t think there’s anything wrong with couples having access to each other’s phones.But like I said, it depends on the two of you.I’m very big on Honesty and trust in relationships sha.I’m also big on privacy too.Especially if your dating or married to the equivalent of an NSA field agent who’s always on the look out for drama.

Where there’schoice s to phones or not as long as there’s honesty and trust between us, it’s all good.

Like everything else in life it’s a choice.So choose wisely.Enough said.

What’s your opinion?

www.opustjkwrites..comO
Re: Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? by D9ty7(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Is this supposed to be a literature related topic or what?
This shouldn't be on the literature section.
Cc: Ishilove
Re: Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? by opustjk: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Oops!!!!so sorry.will rectify.thanks
Re: Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? by Elslim: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hesssssss
Re: Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? by Prowizy2(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
No woman is allowed to touch my phone. But I can have access to yours! Please call me selfish I will accept.
Re: Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? by asadike(f): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Pls he can keep his fone to avoid troubles abeg coz am d jealous type
Re: Should Couples Have Access To Each Other's Phones??? by mutter(f): 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
I think privacy should be respected even in a marriage.
I have access to my husbands phone and he does no lock it but it would never cross my mind to go through it.
If I can`t trust a man I cannot share a bed and home with him.
I don`t think I need a phone to tell me what kind of man I have and what he is up to.

I just would find it so degrading having o spy after my husband r partner lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

‘my Wife Delivered Our First Baby Same Day I Won Gulder Car’ (pictured) / Types Of Husband (Men: Which type of husband are YOU?) / Help!!! I Married The Monster In My Dreams. .woman Cried Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.