Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? (1751 Views)

White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) / Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by absoluteSuccess: 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
One thing I know from age seven that made me so curious about Yoruba language are the wondrous diatribes that are so beautiful for situation when rendered to shape the flow of thought in a serious or casual conversations.

I've come to understand the beauty of the Y-Language and its intellectual capabilities. Have you?

Long live the great Yoruba civilization,
Long live Africa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by espn(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
One thing I know from age seven that made me so curious about Yoruba language are the wonderous diatribes that are so beautiful for situation when rendered to shape the flow of thought in a serious or casual conversations. I've come to understand the beauty of the YLanguage and its intellectual capabilities. Have you?
the Yoruba's as a tribe are also full of wisdom..Tinubu..OBJ..are good examples.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by absoluteSuccess: 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
espn:
the Yoruba's as a tribe are also full of wisdom..Tinubu..OBJ..are good examples.
These are indeed Yoruba elders in their own right, wise and influential with utmost social capital.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by Zuluzulu(m): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Heard of how Orunmila climbed down a tiny rope from the sky, landed in Ife and a calabash of sand was all he needed to create the world?..... That's the origin of wisdom! Lol

PS: His roster scattered the sand that formed our continents......him scatter beta sand sand for America and Europe dem
Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by absoluteSuccess: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
Zuluzulu:
Heard of how Orunmila climbed down a tiny rope from the sky, landed in Ife and a calabash of sand was all he needed to create the world?..... That's the origin of wisdom! Lol

PS: His roster scattered the sand that formed our continents......him scatter beta sand sand for America and Europe dem
Cock and roster tale are meant to sell a dommy to the outsiders. Truth must be protected from men with wrong imaginations, and some informations are classified. You wont be able to make head or tail of it without a teacher. Thats the wisdom of that story.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by isan(m): 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
Not fot sale
Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by Zuluzulu(m): 12:28am On Apr 23, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Cock and roster tale are meant to sell a dommy to the outsiders. Truth must be protected from men with wrong imaginations, and some informations are classified. You wont be able to make head or tail of it without a teacher. Thats the wisdom of that story.

Hope I haven't stepped on Orunmila's toes to speak so light of what is held dearest by the Custodians from their very beginnings.......
Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by absoluteSuccess: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
Zuluzulu:

Hope I haven't stepped on Orunmila's toes to speak so light of what is held dearest by the Custodians from their very beginnings.......

Lolz,

A precept of Ifa says

'af'oun pamo nii sami ona'

...that is, its always one with a thing to hide that marks a path. When I came across Yoruba tale of creation, I just dont know how I figure it out that the ancient scribes were hiding something.

The original idea from where 'the rooster myth' about Orunmila emanated is Odu Iwori-meji which gloss over 'Okoko-niyele'. The same story has long been connected to Oduduwa, you know how it goes.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by macof(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
Zuluzulu:

Lol rants of the uninitiated

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by itstpia8: 12:14am On Oct 30, 2015
do you have wisdom?

i wouldnt say so.
Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by absoluteSuccess: 7:48am On Oct 30, 2015
itstpia8:
do you have wisdom?

i wouldnt say so.

Honestly I appreciate this.

I used to think I have an idea, but with this I seems to need a rething at the nick of time.

I will keep praying to the Lord that the Creator's Light increase me and fill all my area of lack.

How was your night? (hmn, I'm joking, I can see what you are thinking at midnight here grin)

Read James 1:5.
Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 04, 2018
Blessup
Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by Emilokoiyawon: 1:57am On May 05, 2018
Why? OP if you ask me who I go ask?
Re: Why Is Yoruba Language So Full Of Wisdom? by absoluteSuccess: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:
Why? OP if you ask me who I go ask?

Na google we go ask na.

(1) (Reply)

You Guys Thoughts On Growing Movement Of African-americans Practicing Ifa? / Benin Empire : Science And Technology / Who Is An Igbo Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.