Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money (1187 Views)

. / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Oye50(m): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
I've got a dad who is stingy giving out money. He's not broke, he's Infact a millionaire. Anything apart from cash relating to school isn't his business. myself and the eldest son help him out with his business activities even when he's out of the country. No matter the business plan you present to him (our dad) or anything that could be of help to you and make u prosper on a long run that involves him bringing out cash, which we all know he's more than capable, he'll say he doesn't have money. The question now is, we have planned to get our share by getting away with some millions on the next business we're to help him with. I've been thinking day and night if it's a cool thing to do. Don't come and abuse me or tell me I'm a this or that cos u may not understand it well enough. I'm not wayward, he trusts me cos I've neva taken his kobo but it's just getting crazy by the day. I just want to hear u guys talk. Thanks
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Jackeeh(m): 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Don't. He's testing you guys.
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by hadura29(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
Jackeeh:
Don't. He's testing you guys.

Are you hungry? Are you lacking? If no, Abeg leave his money. I second the motion of him testing you guys.

Sips palm wine. The gods are wise

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by thorpido(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
There are some rich people who treat their children this way because they feel it is the best way to make them financially savvy.They don't want those children thinking they got free money.
Op,instead of thinking of carting away his money,why don't you horn some biz skills and start making your own money?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Young03(m): 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dnt be a slave 2 ur pastor , alfa or babalawo

be wise
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Middlefinger1: 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
Op, u n ur bro shuld go ahead n help ur selves after all na una papa wey him be n na una go bury ham wen he die grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Oye50(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
I need to add, he's a polygamist. All these came up cos he had his latest wife about 8 years ago. All the kids (3) lives in Holland (place of birth) and we in Nigeria (6), he care less about us. We finally felt we've served him enough. Though we are educated but we feel this is an avenue to take our share of him Cos right now the woman in Holland who is also a Nigerian own him now [my personal thought)
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
you better do it now that you have the chance to... speaking from experience the so called father of mine now helps other people's kids and abandoned us the six of us including our mother with all the wealth we only manage to feed from hand to mouth while he lives in splendor with other kids if not for the way we were raised and our conscience he would have been history. we all left the house and don't plan on returning until we hear he is no more before going back. you can judge me if you want but just know that you have no idea what we are going through.
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Richy4(m): 2:16am On Apr 23, 2015
Oye50:
I need to add, he's a polygamist. All these came up cos he had his latest wife about 8 years ago. All the kids (3) lives in Holland (place of birth) and we in Nigeria (6), he care less about us. We finally felt we've served him enough. Though we are educated but we feel this is an avenue to take our share of him Cos right now the woman in Holland who is also a Nigerian own him now [my personal thought)

The story that comes to mind will be that of the prodigal son.......

just pulse a little and listen to yourself. in what way have you served your father enough?

if he was a poor man, won't you struggle to make your own money? please start acting like he is poor and do your own thing your own way. do not depend on him. so that in future when he tries to run your life when you are successful, you can always remind him to pack well. just let his wealth be. but if he agrees to help, fine. and good-luck

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Messilistic: 6:15am On Apr 23, 2015
You are not in d position to judge if uve never been in op's situation.

@ Op he may never forgive u. He may completely cut you off. Those are circumstances u need to consider. But then again, how well can you manage the funds u'll take. Cos its not about taking what belongs to you. Its about being able to multiply those funds so u can even be better than him. Its a tricky one tho'. Cos he may eventually will everythinh to his latest wife and by then, ull only sing "had I known". You need to think well

On a second thought, start something of urs in d same line of business u manage for him. In dat way ur preparing urself for d future. If u decide to jst sit and work for him alone, u may loose out. Just be wise

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Oye50(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2015
Richy4:

The story that comes to mind will be that of the prodigal son.......

just pulse a little and listen to yourself. in what way have you served your father enough?

if he was a poor man, won't you struggle to make your own money? please start acting like he is poor and do your own thing your own way. do not depend on him. so that in future when he tries to run your life when you are successful, you can always remind him to pack well. just let his wealth be. but if he agrees to help, fine. and good-luck
I think you've got a point, in as much as I would just look at the other way and act as though he's a poor man. It hurts to see ones father being in a positing to take you out of struggle but he's turning deaf ears, rather he's spending somewhere else. I know the Bible too, so don't compare this to the prodigal son. According to that story, the child may have been too demanding. We haven't demanded anything outrageous from him. I bet you if you were in my shoes, you wouldn't think my decision twice. My perspective to life is, the hurdles a father a scaled through in life, the children automatically overcome such. Do you know what it feels like associating with a rich man and pretending he's poor, and to make matters worse he's your dad. Everyone sees you as the most ok dude in town, yet you hustle for everything you've got yourself. I'll think about your point but I hope you get mine as well
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by soopamom: 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Do it. As long as it wont harm his business.
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by Oye50(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2015
I finally said to myself, that I've got so much a potential to live life that way. The best way to prove to an uncaring father is by making it with your own sweat. Besides I'm personally doing fine. At least, I can boast of having over a million all by myself so I practically don't need to do that to be so great in life. In the nearest future I can come boldly to him and say, I made it with or without your support. I initially got pissed with his attitude but my conscience won't allow me. Thanks everyone for your contributions
Re: Is It Wrong To Take Such Father's Money by bukatyne(f): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
Oye50:
I finally said to myself, that I've got so much a potential to live life that way. The best way to prove to an uncaring father is by making it with your own sweat. Besides I'm personally doing fine. At least, I can boast of having over a million all by myself so I practically don't need to do that to be so great in life. In the nearest future I can come boldly to him and say, I made it with or without your support. I initially got pissed with his attitude but my conscience won't allow me. Thanks everyone for your contributions

Thank God for your decision

You'll make it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Report A 419 Phone Number To NCC? / What Are The Things Men Do You What Them To Stop? / Lmao!! Confusion In A Gay Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.