Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,484 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD (41660 Views)

Open Letter From A Nigerian Lady To South Africans / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by mightycrown1(m): 6:09am On Apr 23, 2015
THE world watched in horror at the violence in South Africa, targeted at foreigners in several cities. Gangs of weapons-wielding youth descended on hapless foreigners, killing, maiming and destroying their property. Shops and restaurants were looted, and in most cases, these went on with law enforcement agents seeming to derive some pleasure from watching.

Many trace the violence to a statement credited to the Zulu King, Goodwill Zwelithini, who called on foreigners, who he blamed for the high crime rates and unemployment among South Africans, to leave.

Nigerians were a sizeable proportion of the attacked foreigners. No death was reported, but they suffered great losses – their businesses were targets. Many were injured. These attacks have been regular since 2008, the only difference each time is the increasing intensity.

They are unofficial, but the official South African attitude to Nigerians is not much different. The repatriation of 124 Nigerians in March 2012 over alleged forged immunisation cards is one. There were sufficient grounds to believe that the Nigerians suffered that fate because they travelled on a Nigerian carrier. Only months ago, South Africa botched an arms deal with Nigeria and made headlines out of it.

Nigerians are angry about the vehemence and barbarity with which South Africans attack fellow Africans even when it is obvious that there is live television coverage of the attacks. If anything, the

unwillingness of the police to act, assures the attackers that they would be immune from punishment. We recall Nigerian contributions, officially, and individually to the liberation of South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Angola. The contributions were diplomatic, financial and extended to scholarships and training for their students.

Since the collapse of apartheid, South Africa businesses have flourished in Nigeria, exploiting Nigerians, paying minimal wages, and repatriating hefty profits annually. Nigerians know these,

including humiliation they face when they apply for South African visas while nationals of countries that supported apartheid require no visa to enter South Africa.

Why are South Africans so hostile to Nigerians? We think it is in the interest of both countries to find out. The excuses about unemployment and crimes are speculations, especially when the menial jobs other Africans do would not appeal to South Africans and crime statistics do not support the crime claim.

No reason justifies the attacks. We commend the patience of Nigerians who protested, instead of attacking South African interests in Nigeria.

The Nigerian protesters warned both governments that time is running out for them to address the causes of the attacks. Our government should ensure South Africa pays adequate compensations for the losses. We would no longer sacrifice Nigerians for diplomacy. Let these attacks be the last.

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/south-africans-attack-nigerians/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by lawdiami(m): 6:13am On Apr 23, 2015
Why is south African so heartless, don't they have their brother too in foreign land, AU r u there, why silent. #wipingformybrothersdyingincoldblood#

6 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by emmyw(m): 6:15am On Apr 23, 2015
why trying to create war instead of peace?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Hersexynez(f): 6:23am On Apr 23, 2015
ok
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by SFSNIPER(m): 6:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Our boys down there are too relaxed. If only I were to be in SA, GOD knows I'd have done some serious payback.

I've discovered that some slow and shallow thinkers are not thinking smart at all and as such looking at my post as an impossibility. When I talked about a payback, I didn't mean going out to confront a mob. I meant laying ambush for the unlucky South African to walk in and be KILLED. Don't they know anyone whom they will attack? NOBODY HAS A MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE. Just weak minds too dumb to strategize and too afraid to act. Well I have a full idea of what I mean so feel free to judge with your weak mind. And like I said, I wish I were in SA.

This is one of them low-lifers:
RotrEmmanuel:
Please try and borrow some SENSE & apply it too, u sounding like on village pig on this tread.
Anyone who read your comments will begin to imagine if your ASHAWO mom breastfeeds u well or if you ever had a nursery education, its unfortunate u are born trowey grin
You sound really pained!!! Is that your best? Please try something harder. Even if I was born by a mad woman, I'd still be proud of her as my mum. NO APOLOGIES ON THAT. Now, for the second time, suck a fat man's dick.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by eleko1: 6:26am On Apr 23, 2015
What Nonsense ?They shud fight back those useless animals.Moja. Mosa ni a mu Akinkanju.Akinkanju t'o moja ti o mosa yio b'ogun lo.God help SA,there business isn't in Kano/ND area.Bastards sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by benuejosh: 6:26am On Apr 23, 2015
War Start! One Nigerian=20 south africans *in the voice of tyranny Joseph Mbu.* Africa Unite!

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by politricks: 6:29am On Apr 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:
Our boys down there are too relaxed. If only I were to be in SA, GOD knows I'd have done some serious payback.
You think being tough is by giving yourself a tough name like 'sniper'. If it were like that, i would have named myself 'terminator'. Tell me how you would have done 'some serious payback'.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by jantofubu(m): 6:33am On Apr 23, 2015
S.A shld keep calm nd find solution 2 dia woes... Inglorious blood thirsty bastards

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Rilwayne001: 6:36am On Apr 23, 2015
These people no dey fear at all, I just pray they stop their nonsense before we start our own.

Thank God shoprite is not far from my house angry

Grapes and smoozy on my mind angry

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by SFSNIPER(m): 6:40am On Apr 23, 2015
politricks:
You think being tough is by giving yourself a tough name like 'sniper'. If it were like that, i would have named myself 'terminator'. Tell me how you would have done 'some serious payback'.
Sir, I owe you NO explanation. I don't want you to even believe me to payback. I know what I can do. But if you doubt, give me your address and I will pay you a dangerous visit, Mr Terminator.

38 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by politricks: 6:53am On Apr 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:

Sir, I owe you NO explanation. I don't want you to even believe me to payback. I know what I can do. But if you doubt, give me your address and I will pay you a dangerous visit, Mr Terminator.
Oooh am getting scared already. I wonder why Boko haram still exist when we have people like you. My address is SAMBISA FOREST.

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Caseless: 6:58am On Apr 23, 2015
God, I pray you send southafrica back to their darkest moment in history. Pls, send ebola there if possible.
Make presence of suicide bomber pronounced in that land. My good God, since southafricans have forgotten what they went through in the hands of the white and the kind of big brother Nigeria was to them and have now decided to kill Nigerians just for their nationality, I pray you give southafrica the likes of ISIL, ALSHABAB, BOKO HARAM, TALIBAN, AL-QAEDA, FARC REBEL, the lord resistance army(kony) etc, in a way that's peculiar to their environment.
Useless-ugly bastards!

22 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by SFSNIPER(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2015
politricks:
Oooh am getting scared already. I wonder why Boko haram still exist when we have people like you. My address is SAMBISA FOREST.
Die there.

11 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by politricks: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2015
SFSNIPER:

Die there.
Hahahahaha are you not coming again.....Online Sniper.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Pavore9: 7:20am On Apr 23, 2015
South Africans choose to forget their history, is ok. Dem no wan siddon for school, dem no wan bend down learn handwork but vent their frustrations on fellow Africans but dem dey fear white man like Ebola. angry

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by SFSNIPER(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2015
politricks:
Mr Terminator we charged through Sambisa in February and March and nobody lives there again. Enjoy ur sleep

8 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by onyi4edu(f): 7:37am On Apr 23, 2015
SA God is watching you people oh.
I am yet to understand what these attacks are for, if u don't want us, tell us officially to leave not killing our brothers and sisters over there.
Wait oh! Did I read no death was recorded? What of the ones we read and saw online?
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by cy4cent(f): 7:51am On Apr 23, 2015
If we have taken action with the same energy, n zeal with which we sit behind our phones n laptops to threaten here, m sure d effect would have been felt in S.A.

we all sit down feeling m not the one to do it, n the supposed government is dumb n deaf on the issue.

let's not be surprised when Ghana ,cotonu or germany will start their own tomorrow knowing we can do nothing.

SMH

11 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by wiseone28: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2015
loool... terminator vs sniper

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by efilefun(m): 8:14am On Apr 23, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by khassy(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2015
I dn d eye shoprite already angry>:+

Ilorin branch take note
we are coming

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2015
when are we going to start evacuating nigerian?

i know our govt dont really care but lets act like we do.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by 5p1naz(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2015
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Bonapart(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2015
Always talking, blowing trumpet, yet no act...
Lets act now. The best way to start is to start...
Let make these Animals called south africa believe that they know no violence....
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by YurFatHer: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2015
but why
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by tolustx(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2015
E don happen again.
Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 23, 2015
politricks:
SFSNIPER:

Mr Terminator we charged through Sambisa in February and March and nobody lives there again. Enjoy ur sleep

Will you ladies plzzzzz sharrap?!

31 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by beekaymee(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2015
Gen gen he Don happen again angry. ……… the government needs to take drastic measures. Or else we'll take law into our hands ……………… where my people from…………… okay. Lemme wait small. … ASA PALAPALA grin

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Leojamesjames(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2015
GOD have mercy oooo, may the lord protect and guide them

1 Like

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by Firefire(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2015
Despite all our verbal warnings to the animals in South Africa? angry

Why are this people playing with our resolve not to apply “an eye for an eye” ?

Why are you South Africans tempting our endurance?

We Nigerians are peace loving people, but we also have the ability to apply “an eye for an eye”

You better stop now or regret later!

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD by kristisking(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2015
Ugly animals with clueless government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Donald Trump Tweets, 'North Korea Is Looking For Trouble'(Photos). / Rwanda's President Paul Kagame Approves The Retirement Of 924 Military Officials / Doug Emhoff: 10 Things To Know About Kamala Harris' Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.