Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? (23010 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / The Igbo Calendar And Its Influences On Igbo People / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 12:51am On Sep 17, 2011
Anyway, anybody else have opinions on this topic  smiley
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by pleep(m): 1:47am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

@pleep clap for yourself  grin so now i am only talking about white ppl and lightskinned? i did mention arabs who have interacted with africans LONG before whites even knew a brown man existed much less black. i did state that.

and if being mixed is nothing to be proud of then. . .you are more racist than you claim i am.
killing twins is something to not be proud of not being racially diverse. tongue
It seems like Afro-Americans and Some Arabized African groups are the only people on earth that are value their mixed blood so much, and it comes from self hate. You guys will even talk about foreign blood from 400 years ago like if it matters.

Abeg, if you like your 'racially diverse' so much keep it. But don't force it on us, you don't know our history. And we are not mixed nor do we want to be.

Anyway, If you want your argument to hold water the first thing you have to do do is explain how on earth the khoisan people became mixed.
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 17, 2011
come saiyaman let's sing oo!  grin
[size=28pt]"KUMBAYAH MY LORD!  cheesy cheesy KUMBAYAAAAAH!!!"[/size]. . .yeah yeah blah. . .  tongue

pleep:

It seems like Afro-Americans and Some Arabized African groups are the only people on earth that are value their mixed blood so much, and it comes from self hate. You guys will even talk about foreign blood from 400 years ago like if it matters.

Abeg, if you like your 'racially diverse' so much keep it. But don't force it on us, you don't know our history. And we are not mixed nor do we want to be.

Anyway, If you want your argument to hold water the first thing you have to do do is explain how on earth the khoisan people became mixed.

LOL @ 'being proud of mixed heritage is a sign of self hatred'.  grin
I guess the whole of the Caribbean/latin America are some self hating baztads!  grin  grin
now that is hilarious! stand up comedian pleep! you are almost funnier than Mike Epps! i might not be all african but i damn sure am proud of who i am and my heritage. just as you can take courses to study our history please believe we can do the same. now run off! oh before you go. . .CATCH!  cheesy

*flings a box of tampons towards pleep* cheesy cheesy

and btw you would look AWESOME with dreads. . .oh wait no! you'd probably get mistaken for a Jamo, and "lawd knowses you dont's wanna be confooosed with us self haytun nigguhz" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 2:15am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

[size=28pt]"KUMBAYAH MY LORD!  cheesy cheesy KUMBAYAAAAAH!!!"[/size]. . .yeah yeah blah. . .  tongue

I guess the whole of the Caribbean/latin America are some self hating baztads!  grin  grin
now that is hilarious! stand up comedian pleep! you are almost funnier than Mike Epps! i might not be all african but i damn sure am proud of who i am and my heritage. just as you can take courses to study our history please believe we can do the same. now run off! oh before you go. . .CATCH!  cheesy

*flings a box of tampons towards pleep* cheesy cheesy

and btw you would look AWESOME with dreads. . .oh wait no! you'd probably get mistaken for a Jamo, and "lawd knowses you dont's wanna be confooosed with us self haytun nigguhz" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol I guess you must be in the mood for singing, all I asked was for some out sources and instead you broke out in song lmao grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by pleep(m): 2:35am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

[size=28pt]

now that is hilarious! stand up comedian pleep! you are almost funnier than Mike Epps! i might not be all african but i damn sure am proud of who i am and my heritage.

We both know the bolded is true, lets not hide from the facts. undecided lipsrsealed

anyway, i've been confused for a Jamaican before, so its cool wink
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 17, 2011
saiyaman:

lol I guess you must be in the mood for singing, all I asked was for some out sources and instead you broke out in song lmao grin

yup. because i got your opinion (tho i wasn't interested in it in the first place).
it didn't change mine and rather than run in circles i called it a day.
seems you still want to chat. abeg waka pass jor.  tongue
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 17, 2011
pleep:

We both know the bolded is true, lets not hide from the facts. undecided lipsrsealed

anyway, i've been confused for a Jamaican before, so its cool wink

HEY! MY FREN!!! grin grin grin

YOU'RE BACK EH?

bolded is true my azz. you like to dish but can't take eh?
no matter i will let you slide seeing as how you nearly passed out when i gave my opinion earlier.

you've been mistaken for Jamaican before? did you cry? did you contemplate su.icide? grin
you know being "pure african" and all. im sure it pained your heart to be associated with us "mix bred trash". tongue
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 2:46am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

yup. because i got your opinion (tho i wasn't interested in it in the first place).
it didn't change mine and rather than run in circles i called it a day.
seems you still want to chat. abeg waka pass jor.  tongue

Um if you don't want others opinion I suggest you stop posting yours on the internet  grin
Ok then why are you still bothering me then, if you called a day

Like I said stop responding to my post and I'll stop responding to yours, like I said if you don't have any facts then keep it moving its not by force you have to talk lol grin
I'm glad you years of stalking Nairaland has improved your pidigin anything constructive you'd like to add? I doubt it grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:00am On Sep 17, 2011
number one how in the fug[b] [/b] grin can one stalk a goddamn forum?
miss 'supposedly black american' with the answers inform me of this.

I'm glad you yeas of stalking Nairaland has imporved your pidigin anything constructive you'd like to add? I doubt it

grin grin seems i am not the only one speaking broken english! grin grin

the last time i checked you claim to be AA and interested in Nigerian culture.
well unlike you i am not only ON here but showing my interest. You on the other hand
seek ppl out to argue while doing a horrible job masking your lies about being AA.
Do you live in the UK?? hmmmm. i wonder oo  lipsrsealed Anyway I didn't look for OR speak to you,
YOU entered the conversation.  wink

and lastly i pay my internet bills, if i want to post a video of me taking a shiet  grin grin
i have the right to do so as well as type my opinions esp. when it wasn't directed to anyone in particular.
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by pleep(m): 3:04am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

HEY! MY FREN!!!  grin grin grin

YOU'RE BACK EH?

bolded is true my azz. you like to dish but can't take eh?
no matter i will let you slide seeing as how you nearly passed out when i gave my opinion earlier.

you've been mistaken for Jamaican before? did you cry? did you contemplate su.icide?  grin
you know being "pure african" and all. im sure it pained your heart to be associated with us "mix bred trash".  tongue
White people cant tell if you mixed or pure, its only self hating people who say that.
the whites will only call u mixed if your a supermodel.

Are u trying to say there is no self hatred issues in Latin America & the caribean? that is by far, the epicenter of the self hatred crisis.  you had people calling themselves mullato, quatroon octaroon, just to not be black
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 3:04am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

number one how in the fug[b] [/b] grin can one stalk a goddamn forum?
miss 'supposedly black american' with the answers inform me of this.

the last time i checked you claim to be AA and interested in Nigerian culture.
well unlike you i am not only ON here but showing my interest. You on the other hand
seek ppl out to argue while doing a horrible job masking your lies about being AA.
Do you live in the UK?? hmmmm. i wonder oo  lipsrsealed Anyway I didn't look for OR speak to you,
YOU entered the conversation.  wink

and lastly i pay my internet bills, if i want to post a video of me taking a shiet  grin grin
i have the right to do so as well as type my opinions esp. when it wasn't directed to anyone in particular.

By being on it all the time grin
I read and comment when I feel like it  
You've been arguing with me for the past hour even though you said I was not worth your time, so who is seeking out whom grin
Spelling mistakes it happens didn't Nairaland was home of the Grammar Nazis lol cheesy
Nope born and raised in the good 'ol USA
And its the internet if you want private conversation try email grin lmao some people lol
And if you post in a public people have the right to address your comments if you want to take videos of you crapping its your choice too lol am I stopping you? grin And I don't think I ever asked who pays for your internet
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 17, 2011
pleep:

White people cant tell if you mixed or pure, its only self hating people who say that.
the whites will only call u mixed if your a supermodel.

Are u trying to say there is no self hatred issues in Latin America? that is by far, the epicenter of the self hatred crisis.  you had people calling themselves mullato, quatroon octaroon, just to not be black

riiight just like the AFRICAN WHO BLEACH, AND SEEK OUT NON BLACKS TO HAVE CHILDREN WITH?!! self hatred is PREVALENT in Africa, and all countries as a matter of a fact. that is something i would NEVER deny when it come to come of MY ppl, you are the one waving your glittery stick and having your estrogen biitch fit because i stated my opinion. Some latinos are ashamed of who they are and others are proud. what you are saying is we should be ashamed for being mixed and ashamed for being ashamed. . . if we are are? undecided OKAY JUST WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!!! grin grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 17, 2011
saiyaman:

By being on it all the time grin
I read and comment when I feel like it  
You've been arguing [size=18pt]with[/size] me for the past hour even though you said I was not worth your time, so who is seeking out whom grin
Nope born and raised in the good 'ol USA
And its the internet if you want private conversation try email grin lmao some people lol

?? errrrrrrrrm. key word WITH and second. . . i WATCHED PARTS ONE AND TWO OF A MOVIE AND YOU WERE. . .ARE. . .STILL HERE!  grin  cheesy grin  cheesy grin  cheesy cheesy grin  grin cheesy  grin cheesy cheesy grin

I SAID 'VAMOOS', 'CIAO', 'BYE', 'WAKA PASS' EVEN ASKED WHAT YOU WANTED AND YOU STILL REQUESTED A CONTINUATION of a stale conversation! grin grin

you didn't ask for my info on who pays my bills. i didn't ask for your opinion. we're even.  cheesy

seriously, fly off!
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 3:13am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

?? errrrrrrrrm. key word WITH and second. . . i WATCHED PARTS ONE AND TWO OF A MOVIE AND YOU WERE. . .ARE. . .STILL HERE!  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

I SAID 'VAMOOS', 'CIAO', 'BYE', 'WAKA PASS' EVEN ASKED WHAT YOU WANTED AND YOU STILL REQUESTED A CONTINUATION of a stale conversation! grin grin

seriously, fly off!

Yes unless I was arguing with a wall you are the with I'm referring to but on second thought the former statement might be true lol
Um yeah I log off and on every now and then, is that a foreign concept? And I doubt you finished part one of Any Nigerian movie in such short time lol who are you fooling shocked grin
Then stop responding to me then. Simple. grin Maybe I sould say this all in Korean or something lol
Lol when you start flying I'll follow cool
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 17, 2011
short time? so you've been watching the time?

anyway, i watched one and two. you're still here. pretty sad.

how about chinese?

[size=18pt]a ching choong gademit chiiing chooong koong fck off chinnng! [/size] grin grin grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 3:16am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

short time? so you've been watching the time?

anyway, i watched one and two. you're still here. pretty sad.

Yep I'm sad, next line of attack grin Instead of addressing what I said way back when you keep quick steping, that's alright though everybody's got your number its pretty clear now  grin

And even with your knowledge of other languages you have yet to master English cry pobrecita grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by MrsChima1(f): 3:17am On Sep 17, 2011
Its funny how the moderators are suddenly busy.
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by pleep(m): 3:22am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

riiight just like the AFRICAN WHO BLEACH, AND SEEK OUT NON BLACKS TO HAVE CHILDREN WITH?!! self hatred is PREVALENT in Africa, and all countries as a matter of a fact. that is something i would NEVER deny when it come to come of MY ppl, you are the one waving your glittery stick and having your estrogen biitch fit because i stated my opinion. Some latinos are ashamed of who they are and others are proud. what you are saying is we should be ashamed for being mixed and ashamed for being ashamed. . . if we are are? undecided   OKAY JUST WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!!!   grin grin
haha, this reminds me of something.
I saw someone go up to a white dude who has nappy hair and tell him he was black, the dude almost cried. I also saw a white dude with narrow eyes get called  part Asian he almost punched the guy! grin
but tell an  black american they look mixed and they say "thank you" and smile.

You guys as a people are just too obsessed with mixture, u like telling people your part indian and all this nonsense  undecided you brag about how your gran mammy got violated by a white man.  Ive noticed the ones of you who have self pride are not ashamed of their mixture they just don't act like its a good thing. Your probably like 5% mixed, but you've made it your identity  undecided

i mean if thats what u want for yourselves fine, just don't brainwash African kids into thinking like that. because its self hatred, and its not good.
especially since most Africans are not mixed.

1 Like

Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 17, 2011
saiyaman:

Yep I'm sad, next line of attack grin Instead of addressing what I said way back when you keep quick steeping, that's alright though everybody's got your number its pretty clear now  grin

And even with your knowledge of other languages you have yet to master English cry pobrecita grin

saiyaman:

Spelling mistakes it happens (I) didn't (KNOW) Nairaland was home of the Grammar Nazis lol cheesy

errm. . .

HEY CHIMA!!  cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 3:26am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

errm. . .

HEY CHIMA!!  cheesy cheesy grin

Now that we know you know how to use a computer how's about finding those sources  grin lol I love how you are busy correcting my posts yet can't do that simple task lmao, quick step away cheesy
Never seen someone dodge like that cheesy
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by MrsChima1(f): 3:26am On Sep 17, 2011
Hey suga!  I see you texting!  grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 17, 2011
pleep:

haha, this reminds me of something.
I saw someone go up to a white dude who has nappy hair and tell him he was black, the dude almost cried. I also saw a white dude with narrow eyes get called  part Asian he almost punched the guy! grin
but tell an  black american they look mixed and they say "thank you" and smile.

WIGIDYWIGIDYWIGIDYWACK!  grin grin grin

You guys as a people are just too obsessed with mixture, u like telling people your part indian and all this nonsense  undecided you brag about how your gran mammy got violated by a white man.  Ive noticed the ones of you who have self pride are not ashamed of their mixture they just don't act like its a good thing. Your probably like 5% mixed, but you've made it your identity  undecided

OH LORD! YOU ARE 'ONE OF THOSE'.

[size=18pt]"HEY JAMO! YOU AKATA, AND YOU LATINOS! YOU AINT BLACK! YOU ARE MIXED! YOU AINT AFRICAN. . .BUT IF YOU SAY YOU AINT BLACK, THAT YOU ARE MIXED, THAT YOU ARENT AFRICAN. . .GOD GO PUNISH YOU OO!!"[/size]

^^ YEP YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE! LIVE IN THE FLESH!  tongue tongue

i mean if thats what u want for yourselves fine, just don't brainwash African kids into thinking like that. because its self hatred, and its not good.
especially since most Africans are not mixed.

*sighs*  tongue
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Hey suga!  I see you texting!  grin

yerp!!! forking with Pleep. grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by pleep(m): 3:36am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

[size=18pt]"HEY JAMO! YOU AKATA, AND YOU LATINOS! YOU AINT BLACK! YOU ARE MIXED! YOU AINT AFRICAN. . .BUT IF YOU SAY YOU AINT BLACK, THAT YOU ARE MIXED, THAT YOU ARENT AFRICAN. . .GOD GO PUNISH YOU OO!!"[/size]

^^ YEP YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE! LIVE IN THE FLESH!  tongue tongue

*sighs*  tongue
grin i'm not one of 'those' you guys are perfectly black there is NOTHING wrong with being mixed. And its okay if u guys want to emphasize your 5% mixture.
All i'm saying is that is wrong to include continental Africans who aren't mixed.
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 17, 2011
riiiiight!

"cos there is absolutely NOOO chance in hell that there is a such thing as mixed african.

Not race or tribe wise cheesy. NOOOO WAY IN HELL!  tongue in fact!. . . Africans can't even procreate with other races!"

Pleep, you are so full of _______ you're _______.

fill in the blanks!  grin  grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by MrsChima1(f): 3:44am On Sep 17, 2011
If Africans are pure then why are there a lot of BIRACIAL AFRICANS? undecided undecided

African/Asian
Hispanic/African
White/African

Oh that right! One drop of African blood and you are pure huh? lipsrsealed undecided

Mz. Darkskin! I am on the American women married to Nigerian men thread and there is this one chatter who asked the dumbest question. She asked if she go to Nigeria can her man hold her against her will because she has to follow their laws.

Now correct me if I am wrong, isn't kidnapping ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE? undecided
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by pleep(m): 3:46am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

riiiiight!

"cos there is absolutely NOOO chance in hell that there is a such thing as mixed african.

Not race or tribe wise  cheesy. NOOOO WAY IN HELL!  tongue in fact!. . . Africans can't even procreate with other races!"

Pleep, you are so full of _______ you're _______.

fill in the blanks!  grin  grin
nooooooo,  tongue remember what you said? that all light skinned Africans are caused by mixture with other races? that would mean a huge number of Africans are mixed.
i'll admitt a few are, but very few in West Africa & central Africa, and they haven't changed the way the populations look.

But tribe wise, even i am mixed. Ibibio, efik & annang and perhaps igbo(more or less the same blood anyway). Both my parents are Annang, so i don't bring up 5% mixture from 600 yrs ago and call myself mixed.  wink
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Mz. Darkskin!  I am on the American women married to Nigerian men thread and there is this one chatter who asked the dumbest question.  She asked if she go to Nigeria can her man hold her against her will because she has to follow their laws.

Now correct me if I am wrong, isn't kidnapping ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE?   undecided

LOL i know its illegal in the states!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy

and btw ISN'T SADE HALF NIGERIAN AND WHITE ENGLISH?!!!!!  shocked shocked shocked MUST BE A FIGMENT OF MY "IGNIT WESTERN BLACK" IMAGINATION!  undecided
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by saiyaman: 3:50am On Sep 17, 2011
pleep:

nooooooo,  tongue remember what you said? that all light skinned Africans are caused by mixture with other races? that would mean a huge number of Africans are mixed.
i'll admitt a few are, but very few in West Africa & central Africa, and they haven't changed the way the populations look.

But tribe wise, even i am mixed. Ibibio, efik & annang and perhaps igbo(more or less the same blood anyway). Both my parents are Annang, so i don't bring up 5% mixture from 600 yrs ago and call myself mixed.  wink

Lol lord knows we've all been waiting for the 411 on that  grin
Don't hold your breath for those facts though grin
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 17, 2011
pleep:

But tribe wise, even i am mixed. Ibibio, efik & annang and perhaps igbo. both my parents are Annang, so i don't bring up 5% mixture from 600 yrs ago and call myself mixed.  wink

errrm mixed is mixed. be it race wise or tribe. if you are a combination or two or more groups of ppl you are mixed. even if it is 5 percent, that 5 percent determined whether or not you would be who you are or if you would have even existed therefore its worthy of mention.  tongue Some reverse psychology fo yo azz!  grin grin so in essence you too are a "mixed baztud".  tongue JUST LIKE MEEEE!  cheesy

and YES i am suggesting that lighter toned africans are exhibiting another part of africa's past which is black and arab/eurasian involvement. yes i am.  wink i stand by that. whoever wants to catch their hair on fire over it be my guest.  tongue
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by MrsChima1(f): 3:53am On Sep 17, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

LOL i know its illegal in the states!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy

and btw ISN'T SADE HALF NIGERIAN AND WHITE ENGLISH?!!!!!  shocked shocked shocked MUST BE A FIGMENT OF MY "IGNIT WESTERN BLACK" IMAGINATION!  undecided

Yes, Sade is half Nigerian and whatever else.  She doesn't even claim Nigeria in any of her blogs or activities.  She speaks volume about the Islands and often time wear Islands related fashions.  

Sade did a concert on my side of the world and she was rocking a Jamo tune.  I was doing the stanky legg too!   tongue
Re: Igbo People Being 'light', Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 17, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Yes, Sade is half Nigerian and whatever else.  She doesn't even claim Nigeria in any of her blogs or activities.  She speaks volume about the Islands and often time wear Islands related fashions.  

Sade did a concert on my side of the world and she was rocking a Jamo tune.  I was doing the stanky legg too!   tongue

my point exact-LEEE!  grin
just like the half jamo-naija singer barbee, she probably was told she was a "mixed bred baztud" and decided to mingle with the rest of us western "bastuds". its only a matter of time before Olusoji Fasuba leaves nigeria and goes to his mother's country jamaica where he would also be at home with us baztuds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Names Of Past And Present Attah Igala / NGWA PEOPLE: Are They Really Cannibals? / DHA 2020: Ooni Of Ife Receives Imperial Royal Father Of The Year Awards In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.