Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court (27973 Views)

FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit / FG Drags NLC And TUC To Court Over Planned Industrial Action / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by jpphilips(m): 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
help3852:

I don't blame you.

APC - always bitter, can't drive a pt without abuse, i pity your wife, children and generation.

With the way you are going, there are already doomed if you don't CHANGE

How did he get the keys to his chains? You think you can come here and spew thrash then expect people to pat you on the back? Read, you can not! study, No! go to school, no! have sense, No!! but we should just accommodate your buffoonery to be civilized, what an ambition. Ive warned you guys, if you dont know what is being discussed, shvt the fvck up, it makes this place look childish, I read other fora and there abound knowledgeable thoughts, m0r0ns like you dont deserve to hold an opinion let alone allowed to air it, quoting my post in the process makes it worse!!
I won't remind you again.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by nduchucks: 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
jpphilips:

I told you that the constitution does not expressly recommend the provisions that limit the presidential veto, NASS is right, Jonathan is right, I asked you to show me what you said in the constitution and you ran away.
Jonathan can veto it but NASS can pass it anyways!!, only the court can hold their c0cks!!

OK, it appears that way may be on the same page but semantics got in the way. If as you say, Jonathan can veto constitutional amendments, but NASS can send it to states anyway, then I do not consider that to be a veto.

But I 100% agree with you that only the courts can hold their c0cks.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by jpphilips(m): 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
nduchucks:

OK, it appears that way may be on the same page but semantics got in the way. If as you say, Janathan can veto constitutional amendments, but NASS can send it to states anyway, then I do not consider that to be a veto.

But I 100% agree with you that onlt the courts can hold their c0cks.

I knew you would get to this point when you didn't get me the constitutional provisio, I got confused at some point when you said it but I later checked and realized both of us are saying different things with the same outcome, the Nigerian presidential Veto is open ended.
Why do you think Jonathan is protecting Buhari?
Mind you, he has absolutely nothing to lose signing it!!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
jpphilips:

The election changed everything, most of the NASS members now are going and the ones who retained their seats may not retain their positions, the president too is going so it is a legislature and Executive in outgoing mode with absolutely nothing to lose.
However, if you study the amendments in details, you will see the hands of David Mark written all over it, it is a ploy to strip the presidency of its powers and hand it over to the Legislators whom we know are thieves, remember, the presidency has gone to opposition so they want to render him useless.

What I don't understand is why Jonathan is fighting for Buhari? has a deal been made to evade prosecution? Is jonathan still nursing another presidential ambition? time will tell.
Whether the proposed amendments have the insignia of David Mark or not, it's a step in the right direction to reduce the enormous powers of the Nigerian president. But I agree that the NASS should have followed due process in passing the proposed amendments. Nd I believe the president shouldn't have to sign proposed amendments into law.

I would like to see amendments that will require the heads of the intelligence, military and security agencies to be confirmed by the Senate before taking up appointment into their posts. That way, the powers of an imperial presidency would be reduced.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by nduchucks: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
jpphilips:

Why do you think Jonathan is protecting Buhari?

This is a Billion naira question.

I suspect that GEJ is trying to protect the Office of the President and Presidential powers which Mark and his cohorts attempted to reduce while selfishly bestowing upon the Senate unprecedented powers.

What I don't understand is why GEJ thought he should expose the fraud in the Amendments instead of allowing Buhari to do it himself. Something is amiss and I can't quite put my fingers on it.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Orunto: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
THIS COURSE OF ACTION IS RESORTED TO 'COS OUR THREE ARMS OF GOVERNMENT ARE SUSPECTS!!!!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by United4lyf(m): 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
ojnnaco:
Am very such dat dis story is for d godz
are u among the godz??why did u viewed the post if u knew it was meant for the godz...this is one of our problem in naija,we always taste stories meant for godz...please let's all desist from this and things will be good for us all....lol.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by HolyHero: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
dustydee:
What is the Attorney General doing?

oya mi lenu ooo
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by omolami: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jonathan is not fighting to plse buhari as someone think he is only trying to do what is right and lawful. Meaning he loves Nigeria first among other things. The law makers wany somethinf to be alterd and there is constitutional provision to be met before such alteration can be made but they want to sacomvent and fool Jonathan possibly bec he is going he will just sign it. The man is not clueless as many think. If the law makers are sure of themswelves why not wait for buhari before presenting the bill for preidential assent? The NASS want to equally usup the powers of the exeutive in signing the bill.Haba. Good move by Gej at least it will drag in court unill buhari takes over. If buhari likes let him sign his death warrant.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by hush15: 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
modath:

So Jonathan expects the court to adjudicate in this case when we know quite well he has zero regard for the judical process. Case in point.

--Justice Ayo Salami's case
--Deployment of troops for elections

dude, what's wrong with you? why are you so negative?

why do you hate the president so much?

you don't even understand what is posted and you already chastising the man. if he didn't kick back, its this same you that would be yelling impunity all over the place.

very unfortunate
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by hush15: 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
omolami:
Jonathan is not fighting to plse buhari as someone think he is only trying to do what is right and lawful. Meaning he loves Nigeria first among other things. The law makers wany somethinf to be alterd and there is constitutional provision to be met before such alteration can be made but they want to sacomvent and fool Jonathan possibly bec he is going he will just sign it. The man is not clueless as many think. If the law makers are sure of themswelves why not wait for buhari before presenting the bill for preidential assent? The NASS want to equally usup the powers of the exeutive in signing the bill.Haba. Good move by Gej at least it will drag in court unill buhari takes over. If buhari likes let him sign his death warrant.

as in... i couldn't have put it better myself. And a fool like the one I just replied will be shouting Mr.President has no respect for law..

Don't understand why people are not being reasonable and objective for once. the man bleeped up government, you voted him out and he has acceded to that, he wants to do something right and you all know nothin than to insult everything.

what he is doing, Buhari will benefit from it also, so why are people so full of hate. if he signs it and Buhari is rendered useless by law on decision making, that same buhari, you will ask for his head.
useless people
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by ukandi1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jetjacky:
Why don't they just tell us what's in alteration huh

inspite of the 29m naira monthly salary, they are seeking to approve life pensions for themselves. The first of its kind of all the nations in the world.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by ukandi1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
sharks776:
The Members of the National Assembly are TOO GREEDY!

Imagine them Proposing a law to give them Full immunity and life time pension after just 4 years of work ( 6 months in the case of Patricia Ete) when thousands of aged people are roaming the street crying for their unpaid pensions after given their life time (better years) to the service of this country.

this is also where we need d labour unions. Why are they not calling for shutdown to protest this rubbish carried out by d evil men we voted into power? Or are d unions programmed to protest only F.G policies?
These men make minimum of 29m naira monthly as senators and house of reps. What are they senating or who are they representing apart from themselves? The labour leaders are compromised. We need to protest these looting of our nation.
So who would bell the cat now that union leaders are compromised?
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
queensmith:
the only amendment i will support is a complete and absolute 75% reduction in their salaries. Those people are as useless as the most useless thing I can think of.

ONE minute man i guess!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by BraniacX(m): 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
Please am an ignoramus in this field, can someone kinDly educate me on what is contained in the proposed amendments before I jump into making Stupeed conclusions erroneously
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by BraniacX(m): 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
odeotito:

Signposts the visionless, clueless and directionless! He never gets anywhere essentially because he didn't set out for somewhere!! Unfortunate grin we were afflicted with his Presidency - he does not envision the end from the beginning - a bad leader = "Dr." Good luck Ebele Jonathan!

Am sure that by your post you know you have proven without any contest wHatsoever that all those aforementioned tags apply perfectly to you almost exclusively to my knowledge
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by BraniacX(m): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
49cents:

Can the APC government. Drag an APC doniminated NASS to court

Only if the APC government were truly democratic and not another chop I chop party
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by BraniacX(m): 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
jpphilips:

The election changed everything, most of the NASS members now are going and the ones who retained their seats may not retain their positions, the president too is going so it is a legislature and Executive in outgoing mode with absolutely nothing to lose.
However, if you study the amendments in details, you will see the hands of David Mark written all over it, it is a ploy to strip the presidency of its powers and hand it over to the Legislators whom we know are thieves, remember, the presidency has gone to opposition so they want to render him useless.

What I don't understand is why Jonathan is fighting for Buhari? has a deal been made to evade prosecution? Is jonathan still nursing another presidential ambition? time will tell.

Typical of you to come up with spurious conspiracy and other theories smeagol undecided why shouldn't the president fight against these amendments because it is not in the best interests of Nigerians? Oh! shocked but it doesn't fit into your conspiracy theories does it? Accept it or not, some people are just above your selfish and partisan level of reasoning
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by help3852: 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
jpphilips:

How did he get the keys to his chains? You think you can come here and spew thrash then expect people to pat you on the back? Read, you can not! study, No! go to school, no! have sense, No!! but we should just accommodate your buffoonery to be civilized, what an ambition. Ive warned you guys, if you dont know what is being discussed, shvt the fvck up, it makes this place look childish, I read other fora and there abound knowledgeable thoughts, m0r0ns like you dont deserve to hold an opinion let alone allowed to air it, quoting my post in the process makes it worse!!
I won't remind you again.
you are a big fool, who gave you the monopoly of abusing others, because I don't believe in what you believe makes me a dunce??
Just imagine, you think you know everything.

I don't talk to kids whose lives begin and end on social media
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2015
BraniacX:

Am sure that by your post you know you have proven without any contest wHatsoever that all those aforementioned tags apply perfectly to you almost exclusively to my knowledge

Your response is, at best, escapist! Better for you to join issues with me so we can roundly debate my position with facts and figures.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by dantti2006(m): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
nduchucks:

This is a Billion naira question.

I suspect that GEJ is trying to protect the Office of the President and Presidential powers which Mark and his cohorts attempted to reduce while selfishly bestowing upon the Senate unprecedented powers.

What I don't understand is why GEJ thought he should expose the fraud in the Amendments instead of allowing Buhari to do it himself. Something is amiss and I can't quite put my fingers on it.

This isn't about Buhari. Its about protecting the office of the president. The presidency isn't GEJ or Buhari but a symbol of authority to the nation and the international community and by d time Buhari enters NASS would have done what they wana do and be coasting if he didn't call dem out now. I guess they assumed GEJ will be bitter and allow anything that will limit the incoming president.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by BraniacX(m): 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
odeotito:

Your response is, at best, escapist! Better for you to join issues with me so we can roundly debate my position with facts and figures.

Join issues with you?

Aaaaaw c'mon undecided

Like you actually tabled any issue, all I saw/read. Was name calling/invectives
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by BraniacX(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
help3852:
you are a big fool, who gave you the monopoly of abusing others, because I don't believe in what you believe makes me a dunce??
Just imagine, you think you know everything.

I don't talk to kids whose lives begin and end on social media

You ain't familiar with that twerp then, with him there is only one point of view, only one type of reasoning his, and if actually really get his attention by pointing out the obvious lack of flexibility in his reasoning process, he filibusters

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by blank(f): 11:11am On Apr 25, 2015
modath:

So Jonathan expects the court to adjudicate in this case when we know quite well he has zero regard for the judical process. Case in point.

--Justice Ayo Salami's case
--Deployment of troops for elections

I don't know the facts of the matter for Ayo Salami's case but for the troops, he kept to the judgement. The judgement was that troops should not be within 300metres of any polling unit and he did so. Did you see any military personnel at the polling unit? That's why thugs had the temerity to snatch ballot boxes.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
BraniacX:

Join issues with you?

Aaaaaw c'mon undecided

Like you actually tabled any issue, all I saw/read. Was name calling/invectives

"all I saw/read." Oh, now I have a better understanding of your thought pattern. If you don't mind, could you pick up a copy of Steven Covey's book titled - "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and read it in case you are yet to do so. You'll, hopefully, come away with a beneficial paradigm shift! So long my friend! Its been some Eye-opener logging on to you!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by BraniacX(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
odeotito:

"all I saw/read." Oh, now I have a better understanding of your thought pattern. If you don't mind, could you pick up a copy of Steven Covey's book titled - "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and read it in case you are yet to do so. You'll, hopefully, come away with a beneficial paradigm shift! So long my friend! Its been some Eye-opener logging on to you!

Steven covey shared his own personal opinion on what highly effective people do, his own personal opinion...............and that is what his book is, i have my own opinions while not necessarily different, they are unique to me in certain aspects and these opinions i am entitled to but you won't ever see me force them on you so while i take it that you experienced a beneficial paradigm shift on reading steven covey's book, i will maintain that covey is not the or only authority on this issue so i'll pass, thanks anyway.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
BraniacX:

Steven covey shared his own personal opinion on what highly effective people do, his own personal opinion...............and that is what his book is, i have my own opinions while not necessarily different, they are unique to me in certain aspects and these opinions i am entitled to but you won't ever see me force them on you so while i take it that you experienced a beneficial paradigm shift on reading steven covey's book, i will maintain that covey is not the or only authority on this issue so i'll pass, thanks anyway.

Oh, fine! So long!!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by jpphilips(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
CFCfan:

Whether the proposed amendments have the insignia of David Mark or not, it's a step in the right direction to reduce the enormous powers of the Nigerian president. But I agree that the NASS should have followed due process in passing the proposed amendments. Nd I believe the president shouldn't have to sign proposed amendments into law.

I would like to see amendments that will require the heads of the intelligence, military and security agencies to be confirmed by the Senate before taking up appointment into their posts. That way, the powers of an imperial presidency would be reduced.

You dont get it do you? it is not about asking a local dog to stay away from shi!t, it is what you intend to do with the sh!!t that matters.
Let me for the sake of argument agree with you that the presidential power should be reduced, who should keep it?

The National Assembly? bros!! do you know these people? I dont even know what my senatorial district is called let alone who occupies it.
Most of them have their constituency office under lock and key unaccessible to the people they represent, they sit fat in Abuja waiting for the next election to return to their constituencies, most of them don't even have a single bill or vote in the direction of their people's interest, are they the people you wish to hold on to the executive powers in Nigeria?

With a straightened electoral system, a president can be removed, how do you intend to remove all the senators when the chips are down?

lastly,

Do you know that office of the Attorney general bifurcated from the Minister of justice by implication gives the Senate the sole power to remove the president.
why I told you that mark has his fingers on it is because while the president was his friend and doling out enough bribes, influencing the PDP to zone the Senate presidency to his geopolitical zone, (never mind that PDP reserved that slot for the SE before now), he never saw the need to withdraw the presidential powers, immediately the opposition is in charge, he just wakes from coma!!

you guys should read the handwriting on the wall.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by jpphilips(m): 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
dantti2006:

This isn't about Buhari. Its about protecting the office of the president. The presidency isn't GEJ or Buhari but a symbol of authority to the nation and the international community and by d time Buhari enters NASS would have done what they wana do and be coasting if he didn't call dem out now. I guess they assumed GEJ will be bitter and allow anything that will limit the incoming president.

Why should Jonathan care about what happens in that office after May 29th? The only reasonable answers are;
Cutting a deal with Buhari to help him now he has the chance or he has another presidential ambition, in the absence of these, no other example is reasonable.

It is preposterous to think that he sincerely cares for that office, only time will tell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case / VIDEO: Gunmen Kidnap School Pupils In Ekiti Community / What Is Your Take On President Buhari's Independence Day Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.