Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? (14519 Views)

What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? / If The Tribal Game Continues - We Might Never Have An Ibo President. / 3 Reasons Why Plateau State Must Produce An Apc Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
EzioAuditore:
It's impossible! The whole Igbo race has been cursed by Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. Or so I've heard?

If true, well can't this curse be broken?
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by djfaithy: 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
pazienza:

I see, if Ndiigbo refuse to vote for their own, they are naive and not united, but if they do, they are tribal and vindictive, and still holding on to past grievances. You lots should make a decision and stick to it. Enough of this goal post changing.
but if ngigE and rochas are with apc, they are outcast but obi leaving apaga for pdp and ibos supporting jonathan is a good thing abi? Talk of goal post changing, I think that's one reason igbo may never produce a president.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by xtayle(m): 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amazo:

Every reality was once a "dream". Now, the thing is we don't want the ibos dreaming too long. So what practical steps can they take to make this dream happen? Just like with all other tribes, they (ibos) are a vital part of the BETTER NIGERIA dream.

I like your objectivity and empathy towards igbos. but you must have seen from their responses to issues being raised by many here that they are not realistic people. in their thinking, they wiser and better than everyone else. to them, we are all fools. so whatever we suggest honestly to help them, they are going to pick holes in them till jesus come. Stop wasting your time.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
tlops:

That is the problem! they need to make ally with other tribes to be able to win presidency. I love a quote from Chuba Wilberforce Okadigbo, he said and I am paraphrasing "there are many roads to the FCT but the northern route is the fastest". meaning for him to make it to the state house he should pally with the North.

I think it's common sense for any zone or tribe aspiring for presidency to have a good political rapport with the North as a political entity, considering this is the most populated region and elections are won by numbers

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
Future impossible tense..... except they accept Okorocha as one of their own and fully support him to make the difference.
He's loved by everyone except his brother and sisters in the East.

We love you Igbos and we wish to taste a government led by an Igbo man.
But are you guys ready?

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
PassingShot:

Are you saying late Okadigbo was never a running mate to GMB?

What's your point pls?
you said 2007 undecided
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amazo:

If true, well can't this curse be broken?

I don't know mate.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by handsometokunbo: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jonathan was an Ibo president, so there is no need for this thread
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Serex66:
Actually Rochas would contest in 2019 and i think he would win....he said Buhari promised him if he supports him this time that he too would support him in 2019 and I know Buhari is a man of his words.
So, APC will hand over power to the guy whose Region worked the hardest to destroy the party right from inception?

Ibos will not see that seat in the nearest future, not because others don't want to give it to them, but because they know the Eastern Region will hand them a poisoned chalice in return for a kiss. There's no doubt in my mind that if APC puts up Rochas as its Presidential candidate in the next election, Ibos will see that as an opportunity to finally destroy APC and ---instead of Supporting his candidacy---vote massively against him.

Ibos are the architects of their own misfortune.

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by handsometokunbo: 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
tlops:

That is the problem! they need to make ally with other tribes to be able to win presidency. I love a quote from Chuba Wilberforce Okadigbo, he said and I am paraphrasing "there are many roads to the FCT but the northern route is the fastest". meaning for him to make it to the state house he should pally with the North.

I doubt it if Northerners would vote Igbo candidate regardless of his national appeal unless his VP is someone that is well known in the North.

Northerners can't stand Igbos.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
xtayle:

I like your objectivity and empathy towards igbos. but you must have seen from their responses to issues being raised by many here that they are not realistic people. in their thinking, they wiser and better than everyone else. to them, we are all fools. so whatever we suggest honestly to help them, they are going to pick holes in them till jesus come. Stop wasting your time.

I see what you're driving at and you truly have a valid point. However, I think we need to get the facts out there in the open for all to see that if in the current democratic dispensation of Nigerian politics the ibos can't produce a president via the ballot, other tribes are not to blame for it.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by handsometokunbo: 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Whether the Igbo will produce the next Nigerian president lies largely with Buhari. You never can tell the way the hearts of kings function but Buhari will take a special place in Nigeria's history if he can facilitate this request and hand over to the Igbo.

If Buhari should present any Igbo candidate to his people they will accept the person without asking questions, he is like a demigod in the North.

Pathetic!!!

Hand over to who.............. Stop being ridiculous
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Smooyis(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hmmmm. God dey or rather diaris god oooooo
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by PassingShot(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:
you said 2007 undecided

He ran in 2003 with Okadigbo and with Edwin Ume-Ezeoke in 2007.

Next time just point out the error and not this childish style.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by realjoker(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:
Hausas and Yorubas are very pathetic especially Yorubas..We supported OBJ no problem, we supported yaradua no problem, we supported GEJ and it became crime.. angry..Very pathetic people..The north that has been ruling from time immemorial, are their life better than Igbos in all ramifications? You people should solve your problem and allow Igbos to solve theirs..rubbish sad
You supporting Goodluck is not the crime but supporting him at the time when him and his party has failed woefully AND ITs glarring that they (PDP) has failed THE NATION is the crime, and tagging anybody who support the opposition as betrayal and bastard ie ngige, okorocha and amaechi and co, and deep down in your minds you know that PDP has failed this nation but do to prejudice you opt to support their presidential candidate that is the most failure and the nemesis is here already in ABIA STATE, T.A ORJI IS TRYING TO RIGG HIS WAY BACK TO THE STATE COFFER BY PROXY, i am not from that region but i love ALEX OTTI SO MUCH, I WHATCHED HIS INTERVIEW ON CHANNELS TV even though he also make the same mistake the entire zone is making by campaigning openly for GEJ POlitically wise.

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
PassingShot:

He ran in 2003 with Okadigbo and with Edwin Ume-Ezeoke in 2007.

Next time just point out the error and not this childish style.
but Igbos chose to support a Yoruba man and a Hausa man respectively, so why accusing Igbos of being political intolerant? You people are just pathetic set of ediots
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
realjoker:
You supporting Goodluck is not the crime but supporting him at the time when him and his party has failed woefully AND ITs glarring that they (PDP) has failed THE NATION is the crime, and tagging anybody who support the opposition as betrayal and bastard ie ngige, okorocha and amaechi and co, and deep down in your minds you know that PDP has failed this nation but do to prejudice you opt to support their presidential candidate that is the most failure and the nemesis is here already in ABIA STATE, T.A ORJI IS TRYING TO RIGG HIS WAY BACK TO THE STATE COFFER BY PROXY, i am not from that region but i love ALEX OTTI SO MUCH, I WHATCHED HIS INTERVIEW ON CHANNELS TV even though he also make the same mistake the entire zone is making by campaigning openly for GEJ POlitically wise.
the same way ACF/NEF declared northerner supporting Jonathan as enemy of the north..

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
handsometokunbo:

I doubt it if Northerners would vote Igbo candidate regardless of his national appeal unless his VP is someone that is well known in the North.

Northerners can't stand Igbos.

I think it's rather obvious ibos really have their work cut out for them in terms of inter-tribal relations. And this is a crucial area that must be addressed and improved upon if the ibos are to even stand a chance to win the presidential nomination of any major political platform that holds a pathway to winning the presidency. Right now, the ibo tribe don't get along well with other tribes. Where it seems they are, if you critically examine it closely, you'll discover they're merely being tolerant and the perceived "mingling" is halfhearted.

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
Like I said, let Buhari solve the problem of his Arewa brothers, then we are good to go..Don't bother about Igbos, we are doing very fine.

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by aresa: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:
Hausas and Yorubas are very pathetic especially Yorubas..We supported OBJ no problem, we supported yaradua no problem, we supported GEJ and it became crime.. angry..Very pathetic people..The north that has been ruling from time immemorial, are their life better than Igbos in all ramifications? You people should solve your problem and allow Igbos to solve theirs..rubbish sad

Unfortunately for you, all the folks you listed are all the same useless PDP, they are all PDP regardless of tribe.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
handsometokunbo:
Jonathan was an Ibo president, so there is no need for this thread

Jonathan was, is and always will be a SS President from the ijaw tribe. The "Azikwe" part of his name seems a political scam grin

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by realjoker(m): 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:
the same way ACF/NEF declared northerner supporting Jonathan as enemy of the north..
NO They are not enemy of the north but they are enemy of the whole nation, Because am sure they do not did that for the benefit of the ordinary masses but for their selfish interest.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by MalcoImX: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:
The problem is you and GEJ made yourselves and his leadership an SE/SE affair, and fought everybody that wasn't ready to support his re-election.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:
Like I said, let Buhari solve the problem of his Arewa brothers, then we are good to go..Don't bother about Igbos, we are doing very fine.

The coming restructuring of the political framework of this country, which will likely endure for a long time that will likely effect the political isolation of ibos is not what you should term "doing very fine"
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amazo:

The coming restructuring of the political framework of this country, which will likely endure for a long time that will likely effect the political isolation of ibos is not what you should term "doing very fine"
you are not God so shut the fvck up angry
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Future impossible tense..... except they accept Okorocha as one of their own and fully support him to make the difference.
He's loved by everyone except his brother and sisters in the East.

We love you Igbos and we wish to taste a government led by an Igbo man.
But are you guys ready?

The ibos aren't ready now! When will they be? That's the question ibos need to answer.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:

Hahahahahahaha, did I say I was grin ? Religiousity is not a license for stupidity. Last time I checked, angels don't vote - people do! Let's see how well you intend to fair off without other tribes in Nigeria.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 8:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
When I read some comments here, I
Only laugh at some people's hypocrisy and ignorance cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
So, APC will hand over power to the guy whose Region worked the hardest to destroy the party right from inception?

Ibos will not see that seat in the nearest future, not because others don't want to give it to them, but because they know the Eastern Region will hand them a poisoned chalice in return for a kiss. There's no doubt in my mind that if APC puts up Rochas as its Presidential candidate in the next election, Ibos will see that as an opportunity to finally destroy APC and ---instead of Supporting his candidacy---vote massively against him.

Ibos are the architects of their own misfortune.

Another valid point: self-sabotage!!! Are the ibos listening?
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amazo:

Hahahahahahaha, did I say I was grin ? Religiousity is not a license for stupidity. Last time I checked, angels don't vote - people do! Let's see how well you intend to fair off without other tribes in Nigeria.
is your life better than Igbos?.. Igbos will continue to fare better than northerners in all spheres of human endeavor even if the rule the country for hundred years so deal with it
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by xtayle(m): 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amazo:

I told u not to waste your time. they are pompous, unrealistic and unworthy of our empathy and love. leave them to their political failures.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by MalcoImX: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
CyerSeries:
And what's wrong in what he said? It is godly to think positively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Month End – Fashola / Peter Obi’s Interview With BBC - Security Is The Priority. / Bassey Akpan Seeks Amnesty For Looters Of Government Coffers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.