Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari (36848 Views)

Buhari Walk The Talk (apc Manifesto At A Glance) / APC's Manifesto, Unrealistic And Full Of Deceit - PDP. / APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by anwo247: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
APC Campaign Words and Manifesto are not Words from Quran or Bible, they are subject to Change ---- Buhari

The President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buhari disclosed that the promises that the All Progressives Congress, APC, made during the nationwide presidential campaign which were contained in the Party’s manifesto were not words from the Quran or Bible, adding that the pledges are subject to change.

Buhari who stated this during an interactive session with journalists on Television Continental, TVC reiterated that the party’s manifestos were subject to modification.

The Buhari-led APC had promised fundamental political reforms and improvement in governance, more transparency and accountability.

The party also promised to urgently secure the territorial integrity of the nation. It said it will never leave the defense of the nation in the hands of hunters, children, and civilian JTF.

The APC presidential candidate had also said that he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the Dollar in value, if elected president.

During the interview Buhari emphasized that on ministerial appointment, the party has a great role to play.

“I would ask Nigerian political observers to study our manifesto; it is not a Bible or Quran which you can’t change.

“Our manifesto was made by very experienced Nigerians but it’s subject to modification.

“It took several months to arrive at it, so whatever we said in our manifesto, people must accept the fact that we have to modify it.

‘’On my choice for ministerial appointment; my party has a role to play, but most importantly we need seasoned technocrat, people of professional and personal integrity.’’

In reaction, an advocacy group, Lawyers for Change, has charged the President-elect to focus on his campaign promises, especially with regards to recovering the Chibok girls abducted over a year ago.

National Coordinator of the group, Mr. Adesina Ogunlana added that Buhari must not take Nigerians for granted, but have to live up to his earlier promise adding that his comments after the general elections contradicted his promise before the elections.

On President Jonathan calling to concede defeat even before the announcement of result by Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Buhari stated “What the President did by calling me even before the announcement by INEC, shows a remarkable statesmanship and that has stabilized the politics of this country.”

www.post-nigeria.com/apc-manifesto-not-quran-or-bible-subject-to-change-buhari/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by babajero(m): 11:32pm On Apr 23, 2015
One chance

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
Baba one chance. grin grin grin

160 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by A7(m): 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2015

3 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
PDP to present Namadi Sambo for president in 2019

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Baba one chance. grin grin grin
This one na real Baba One Chance grin grin grin

Nigerians have been scammed!

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by imbless: 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
.that's , how it should be
Some thought that APC manifesto is Based on quoran

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
This one na real Baba One Chance grin grin grin

Nigerians have been scammed!
Greatest scam of the millennium. kiss

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 11:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
A7:
Full text of interview : www.nairaland.com/2273674/full-text-video-tvc-interviews#2273674.18

Thanks for the link, I've seen where he made the statement. Here's the excerpt:

Buhari: And i will ask Nigerian political observers to please study our manifesto, it is not a Bible or the Quran, because you cant change the Quran, whatever is there you take it or you leave it, same thing with most part of the Bible. So, our manifesto was made by very very experienced Nigerians, they took several months to arrive at it but it's subject to modification. As soon as we are in govt we will highly respect the role of the other two pillars of govt, the legislature and the judiciary, so whatever we said in our manifesto people must accept the fact that we have to modify certain things according to the law and constitution of the country.

#BabaOneChance grin grin grin

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
He doesn't mean that he will not govern well.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 24, 2015
I hope say we never enter one chance... this one that he is already saying this! It is too early for him to be talking like this.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 12:07am On Apr 24, 2015
Chai, chai chai, them don scam us oooo.
One chance baba agbaya,
Well, what do u expect from a man who is embedded in a party who 's foundation is built on lies n propaganda...with time, we shall know who they really r, n trust me, they will not go scot free.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 12:08am On Apr 24, 2015
This op doesn't know how to post things properly. He said the Qur'an and the bible cannot be changed......
You need to give us what he said completely

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2015
ellechrystal:
Chai, chai chai, them don scam us oooo.
One chance baba agbaya,
Well, what do u expect from a man who is embedded in a party who 's foundation is built on lies n propaganda...with time, we shall know who they really r, n trust me, they will not go scot free.

My eyed were already falling. They started glowing as soon as I saw your comment. ...

I've being waiting for you! You now pay more attention to paedophile Grandpa than me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by A7(m): 12:17am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

If that's the only thing that stood out to you i pity your life. Tons of issues are discussed in that interview, vital issues essential for our transformation for the better, unfortunately your interests are inclined towards resisting change especially the positive kind presented by the Apc.

There are certain factors, like true state of things after taking over that will warrant modification of the manifesto if necessary, and before implementation some processess must be duly observed. To spealt it out bluntly for your stagnated mind, Apc do not limit itself to only campaign promises, they embrace positive initiatives and by extension all kinds of development.

So now as i wrote earlier "take the senseless bitterness and shove it down your b**t ".

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 12:25am On Apr 24, 2015
A7:

If that's the only thing that stood out to you i pity your life. Tons of issues are discussed in that interview, vital issues essential for our transformation for the better, unfortunately your interests are inclined towards resisting change especially the positive kind presented by the Apc.

There are certain factors, like true state of things after taking over that will warrant modification of the manifesto if necessary, and before implementation some processess must be duly observed. To spealt it out bluntly for your stagnated mind, Apc do not limit itself to only campaign promises, they embrace positive initiatives and by extension all kinds of development.

So now as i wrote earlier "take the senseless bitterness and shove it down your b**t ".

Buhari is changing goal posts. He now realised he made bogus promises and have been trying to give himself a soft landing. Too bad for him, Nigerians are now more aware than before. If he fails to deliver his campaign promises, he'll be abused and embarassed. The fact that he is senile, certificateless and clueless would worsen his situation for him when the abuses starts coming grin

112 Likes 15 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by Dennybouy: 12:41am On Apr 24, 2015
Piece of land for sale, don't be surprised am from Edo selling of people's land is my hobbies cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by ifyan(m): 12:47am On Apr 24, 2015
Mr President Elect, go and work live talk for jakkass.

Nigerians want to start working.

You know. ......

5 Likes

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by jimi4us: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2015
[size=18pt]we've been scammed oooo. baba one chance, he don already dey shift goal post while match is about to go live[/size]

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by A7(m): 1:04am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari is changing goal posts. He now realised he made bogus promises and have been trying to give himself a soft landing. Too bad for him, Nigerians are now more aware than before. If he fails to deliver his campaign promises, he'll be abused and embarassed. The fact that he is senile, certificateless and clueless would worsen his situation for him when the abuses starts coming grin

Satanis.ts dont seem to ever strategise and get things right.

When the progressives pointed Jonathan cluelessness, ineptitudeness, docile nature which of course is calling a spade a spade you take that as insult or abuse as you put without digging to see the deeper premise their claims are based on, instead you bring all your arsenal and launch a smear campaign against any non satani.sts, the series of senseless utterances, calumnious publications and slanderous documentaries coupled with Jonathans greed is what rightly places you as the opposition right now, and as dumb as you will forever remain, that same stu.pid tactic is still what you pledge to forever cling on. Honestly dude, your ilks embarasses me as a co-citizen.

You will Insha Allah live to watch as GMB/APC deliver their promises accompanied by tons of other yet to come productive schemes to carter for all and sundry.

And if you continue to allow every fibre of your being to hate anything good and continue to cling on banal behaviors, your heart will undoubtedly explode like balloon someday.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by okpamson15(m): 2:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Anytin that hapen to this con3 all of u that voted him in2 power wil be held responsible. My hands are clean.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by major466(m): 2:22am On Apr 24, 2015
The Daura Magician must fulfill all his campaign promises. Top on the list: make N1 = $1

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by appini: 4:19am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

Oshobay...correct!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by appini: 4:20am On Apr 24, 2015
Operation one chance activated!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by PassingShot(m): 4:26am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

Did you read and understand what you quoted?

Do you expect the manifesto to be 100% complied with without tweaking it as necessary?

Keep wallowing in your frustration but remember that four years is not four weeks.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by baybeeboi: 4:59am On Apr 24, 2015
good thing I don't always find mysef inside those ''one chance buses''.
We don't have them here in France.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by efilefun(m): 6:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Those of you spewing trash needs to watch the interview where he made the statement before saying rubbish... "It's subject to change cuz we have a judiciary and legislative arms of government who may not agree to such policy" if he tries forcing his way this same clueless TANOids would be the first set of Robots crying on the Internet

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari by efilefun(m): 6:15am On Apr 24, 2015
major466:
The Daura Magician must fulfill all his campaign promises. Top on the list: make N1 = $1
Get a video link of where he made that statement ode

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Musa Yar'adua With His Sons Umaru And Shehu Yar'adua: Throwback Photos / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / Imo PDP Beat, Attack Residents, Want Ihedioha Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.