Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf (2263 Views)

. / Dapfor Wpf Gridcontrol / Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by ishekinah1(m): 10:29am On Apr 24, 2015
Hi, all
I need your help for an ebook for Windows Presentation Foundation with C# as the programming language.

I have been using "Pro WPF in C# 2010: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 4 (Expert's Voice in .NET)Mar 31, 2010
by Matthew MacDonald"
but when my hard dive crashed i lost it and have not been able to find it online to download.

I will be very grateful if anyone could help me with this ebook or any other ebook for WPF or a link from which i could download WPF ebook
Thanks for your quick response.

My email address is shekinaholaleye@gmail.com
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by kudaisi(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2015
There are loads of them here, some are as recent as 2014. http://www.it-ebooks.info/tag/wpf/
Happy reading.
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 24, 2015
ishekinah1:
Hi, all
I need your help for an ebook for Windows Presentation Foundation with C# as the programming language.

I have been using "Pro WPF in C# 2010: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 4 (Expert's Voice in .NET)Mar 31, 2010
by Matthew MacDonald"
but when my hard dive crashed i lost it and have not been able to find it online to download.

I will be very grateful if anyone could help me with this ebook or any other ebook for WPF or a link from which i could download WPF ebook
Thanks for your quick response.

My email address is shekinaholaleye@gmail.com

That musnt be the only book to teach u that, there are tons of them

Have a look at this
http://pdf.th7.cn/down/files/1312/pro_wpf_4.5_in_c_4th_edition.pdf?yundunkey=1fef3d4b4935090e0fc85e49577942da61429868994_405894859

Even youtube can help u further.
Have fun
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by ishekinah1(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2015
HELP pls
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by ishekinah1(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thanks i have gotten it
I really appreciate
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
am curious why are you learning WPF ? am not discouraging oh am just curious, I was learning it before but i couldn't see the application of it in Nigeria
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by kudaisi(m): 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
pcguru1:
am curious why are you learning WPF ? am not discouraging oh am just curious, I was learning it before but i couldn't see the application of it in Nigeria
The application of WPF includes Nigeria but way beyond just Nigeria. I encourage you to revisit. I hardly do any Microsoft project without WPF. I've even converted almost half of all my old Microsoft project to WPF. One of it's major advantages is the data binding capabilities built into it. UI design with WPF is flawless. A none programmer who knows how to use Photoshop can design a UI in Microsoft Blend (Photoshop like app that produces XAML equivalent of the graphics designed) hereby separating responsibilities between a UI designer and the programmer.

Have you ever tried to create a custom control with WinForms ? If yes trying creating the same control in WPF and u might never use WinForms again. From visual studio 2010 upwards the entire IDE Shell (UI) was written with WPF and C# that's why you'll notice the more sleeker look from 2010 upwards. Even expression Blend was written with WPF.

You can change the Theme of your UI dynamically. The UI relationship is now more like css and html while your C#/VB.net will be the equivalent of PHP/Java or whatever backend language you chose to use.

If you use a 3D modelling tool such as Blender. You can easily create 3D models and export them as WPF (Or you can choose to code it out youself). This means creating 3D applcations including games has never been much more easier on the Microsoft platform.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 27, 2015
kudaisi:
The application of WPF includes Nigeria but way beyond just Nigeria. I encourage you to revisit. I hardly do any Microsoft project without WPF. I've even converted almost half of all my old Microsoft project to WPF. One of it's major advantages is the data binding capabilities built into it. UI design with WPF is flawless. A none programmer who knows how to use Photoshop can design a UI in Microsoft Blend (Photoshop like app that produces XAML equivalent of the graphics designed) hereby separating responsibilities between a UI designer and the programmer.

Have you ever tried to create a custom control with WinForms ? If yes trying creating the same control in WPF and u might never use WinForms again. From visual studio 2010 upwards the entire IDE Shell (UI) was written with WPF and C# that's why you'll notice the more sleeker look from 2010 upwards. Even expression Blend was written with WPF.

You can change the Theme of your UI dynamically. The UI relationship is now more like css and html while your C#/VB.net will be the equivalent of PHP/Java or whatever backend language you chose to use.

If you use a 3D modelling tool such as Blender. You can easily create 3D models and export them as WPF (Or you can choose to code it out youself). This means creating 3D applcations including games has never been much more easier on the Microsoft platform.

Was reading it but the prism material had a complex design pattern I know WPF code behind file but make I no lie the MVVM broke my mind. Sadly the only standard pattern was my microsoft PRISM and was too complex. I wanted to move beyond web but haven't seen anyone to convince desktop app still thrive.
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by kudaisi(m): 1:53am On Apr 27, 2015
pcguru1:

Was reading it but the prism material had a complex design pattern I know WPF code behind file but make I no lie the MVVM broke my mind. Sadly the only standard pattern was my microsoft PRISM and was too complex. I wanted to move beyond web but haven't seen anyone to convince desktop app still thrive.
Yes! at first MVVM it usually seems like that, it took a while for it sink in for myself. PRISM is not a standard, it is just a framework for achieving MVVM and loose coupling (not limited) more efficiently. However, there are plenty alternatives to PRISM. Personally I use Caliburn Micro because I find it straight forward and easy to implement. There are other frameworks such as Unity, Reactive UI..... In fact you shouldn't learn these frameworks while learning WPF. PRISM is comprehensively complex, and for a good reason because it does a good job covering almost all aspects of the WPF code development circle.

It is important to note that it is not compulsory to use any of this frameworks while developing. I have developed applications without using any of this frameworks in the past. Note also that it is not a most to use the MVVM pattern while developing in WPF as it is possible to code the WinForms way in WPF. WPF was built around data binding and to take full advantage of all WPF features it encouraged and necessary to stick to the MVVM design pattern.

My brother, if you plan to keep developing for windows there will come a time where WPF will be the de facto standard. Silverlight web can even run WPF apps, Windows 8 apps are developed in WPF a even Windows Phone is migrating. At a point you have to learn it, why not now?
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by Nmeri17: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2018
The only mention of prism mvvm on the whole of Nairaland. na waya o cheesy

Master Kudaisi teach me your ways embarassed
Re: Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf by Legolast: 10:02am On Sep 16, 2018
kudaisi:
Yes! at first MVVM it usually seems like that, it took a while for it sink in for myself. PRISM is not a standard, it is just a framework for achieving MVVM and loose coupling (not limited) more efficiently. However, there are plenty alternatives to PRISM. Personally I use Caliburn Micro because I find it straight forward and easy to implement. There are other frameworks such as Unity, Reactive UI..... In fact you shouldn't learn these frameworks while learning WPF. PRISM is comprehensively complex, and for a good reason because it does a good job covering almost all aspects of the WPF code development circle.

It is important to note that it is not compulsory to use any of this frameworks while developing. I have developed applications without using any of this frameworks in the past. Note also that it is not a most to use the MVVM pattern while developing in WPF as it is possible to code the WinForms way in WPF. WPF was built around data binding and to take full advantage of all WPF features it encouraged and necessary to stick to the MVVM design pattern.

My brother, if you plan to keep developing for windows there will come a time where WPF will be the de facto standard. Silverlight web can even run WPF apps, Windows 8 apps are developed in WPF a even Windows Phone is migrating. At a point you have to learn it, why not now?

Can I get ebook for c#, wpf and winform? Thanks in anticipation

(1) (Reply)

Javascript Source Code For GPA Calculator / Becoming An Apple Developer / What Will It Cost Me To Start A Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.