Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider (13283 Views)

Which Is Preferable; Whogohost Or Web4africa? / WHOGOHOST: Why I Will Never Use A Nigerian Host Again / What Are The Challenges Faced By Nigeria Web Hosting companies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by PenSoftCorp(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
please i want to start hosting on a nigeria hosting platform, no longer want to continue using ipage, please what company offers the best hosting service in Nigeria
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by dwebdesign(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yes, there are very reliable, secured and customer friendly.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by ige101(m): 11:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Question for the gods

Haven't used them though, but from my experience with 9ja host,never again will I waste my money hosting with them

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by chillykelly86(m): 11:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Best is a big word!
Are you talking:-
1. Reliability
2. Customer Service
3. Up time
4. Disk size
5. Bandwidth
6. Brand appeal
7. Size of Webhost(number of websites they host)
8. Ease of transaction
9. Acceptance of payment in Naira
10. A combination of or all of the above?

For the records, Whogohost is the largest web hosting company in Nigeria.
I host with them.

Google Whogohost to learn more about the company.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Sunymoore(m): 11:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Cloud fare
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by wn567: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2015

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2015
I have been using them for 2 years now and I have never regretted. not once.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by chynie: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2015
smiley
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by groovie(m): 11:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Ive used web4africa. They seem ok

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by seunfly: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2015
No idea, may be you should ask seun, he is one of the most successful internet guru we have around
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by free2ryhme: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by chillykelly86(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2015
For the records I use them and they're the biggest web hosting company in Nigeria.

You can Google WhoGoHost for more information on the company.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by lovinhubby2wife(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2015
no I don't think so, try web4africa

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Ymodulus: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2015
why don't you go for better foreign host that gives you privilege to do whatever you want.

You can install any server you want, do anything without limitations. I suggest Ocean Drop. Google search it, lowest plan is $5 a month roughly #1000

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by zigger(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2015
Well i have nothing to comment. Good luck op
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by julybaba(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2015
Am an avid webmaster, I used whogohost for all my clients like: www.askpentagon.com www.nbc-nlbc.org, and others. They are wonderful.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by musicwriter(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2015
I often wonder how Nigerian web hosts run their business in this country where electricity isn't guaranteed for a day. This business requires 24/7 power supply 365 days a year. I strongly believe this's the most awkward business someone can do in Nigeria, unless the hosting could be outsourced overseas.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Inception(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2015
smiley
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by mj(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2015
Yes, they are. I have used several Nigeria host company, be rest assured that your are safe with WhoGoHost.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by kingthreat(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2015
Whogohost hosts 30 of my websites. All live and kicking.
Within webhosts for me, its in between whogohost and Smartweb. The latter could just shut you down for no reason. Experienced that twice.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by danielblessing(m): 11:29am On Apr 25, 2015
I will advise you to use syskay for your web hosting. Visit www.syskay.com for their plans. They have an excellent customer support.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by SpringWebHost: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2015
Hi,

From your post I know you have limited knowledge of how the website hosting services work. For clarification sake, we do not have hosting servers in Nigeria and non in Africa at the moment.

What we do here is, we resell web hosting services of those guys abroad. Technically, we are marketers of some foreign services. Quite a number of Nigerian host are very effective and reliable.

Before we started the hosting business, we've tried some Nigerian host and they were pure mess until we met a hosting company called www.syskay.com. The owner is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge and experience about website hosting. But as our business grew, we felt the need to be more independent and have more control over our hosting service, hence we established http://SpringWebHost.com that now has over 300 client base.

To be very honest, the most terrible experience we got was from one Indian hosting company. We lost some clients after the incidence and even refunded some their money in a bid to keep our reputation.

So, when you want to consider a Nigerian host, which I'll always recommend especially to a newbie in the website business, please note the following.

1. Customer service. Talk to live person or email to know how quick their responses are to inquiries.
2. Testimonies: Ask in a forum like this to know how credible a particular company is.
3. Ask a friend or someone you trust to make a referral.
4. When in doubt, try with the minimum package a host offers and probably use a site that's not so serious.
5. Age of a company matters a whole lot. You can check how old a hosting company has been by simply checking the WHOIS of the website. You can do this by going to www.whois.ws.
6. Google the website hosting company's name, you'll be amazed, what you'll discover.

musicwriter:
I often wonder how Nigerian web hosts run their business in this country where electricity isn't guaranteed for a day. This business requires 24/7 power supply 365 days a year. I strongly believe this's the most awkward business someone can do in Nigeria, unless the hosting could be outsourced overseas.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by emmyw(m): 11:35am On Apr 25, 2015
What about syskay.com
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by dozymars(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2015
Yes they are the best. I have 4 website hosted by them. They have very good customer services too.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by adeblow(m): 11:36am On Apr 25, 2015
try springhostweb.com
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by solaugo1: 11:36am On Apr 25, 2015
To OP: I was formally with whogohost....but ther server can't run my application.....immediately I port to Smartweb...the cheapest and probably the best web host in Nigeria....and my reply: web host in Nigeria only use one laptop to monitor and manage your web host....all other services are carried at the web server data center in US UK, Germany...etc. Web host is the cheapest form of business to start...I have a comprehensive manual on that, but you must be highly IT literate most especially you must be an IT security expert
musicwriter:

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2015
i use "Somee" and "Godadday", i dont know how reliable Nigeria Hosts are. sad
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by Jetland(m): 11:39am On Apr 25, 2015
chillykelly86:
For the records I use them and they're the biggest web hosting company in Nigeria.

You can Google WhoGoHost for more information on the company.
whogohost is more than being reliable. currently I host a website with them and the have 24/7 customer support. Their Aspire hosting plan (the lowest plan) is 2500 annually. imagine the affordability.
Re: Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider by musicwriter(m): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2015
solaugo1:
To OP: I was formally with whogohost....but ther server can't run my application.....immediately I port to Smartweb...the cheapest and probably the best web host in Nigeria....and my reply: web host in Nigeria only use one laptop to monitor and manage your web host....all other services are carried at the web server data center in US UK, Germany...etc. Web host is the cheapest form of business to start...I have a comprehensive manual on that, but you must be highly IT literate most especially you must be an IT security expert

Sorry, I'm talking about .ng domains not .com. Not even .com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Cheap Data Bundle Plan for Android and iOS (N300 Montly) / Blogger Laila Ijeoma Celebrates 8th Wedding Anniversary / Beware Of Some Internet Frauds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.