Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo (42139 Views)

Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Meet the Five Architects Of Jonathan’s Defeat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Ekugbeh(m): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2015
onatisi:
jonathan acceptance of defeat. It is a good example for other african countries and african leaders
dis guy z d problem of dis country o
seriously
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by emmasege: 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
Who regards the words of an elder who has no stable family & who's openly disgraced by his own children anyway.
Only fools regard the words of a fool as wisdom.
Obasanjo is the greatest enemy of Nigeria as at today. He started fighting yaradua soon after he assumed office & long before his ill health. He also fought GEJ & will most likely fight Buhari also.
On a serious note, iyabo & Gbenga should put their father under house arrest, seal his lousy mouth & get him a pastor to start preparing for afterlife.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by obinto: 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Novaworld:
Former president, Olusegun obasanjo, on Thursday said countries across the african continent are happy over the outcome of the presidential election in Nigeria, which saw the defeat of incumbent president Goodluck jonathan.

Mr. obasanjo said his checks in a number of african countries suggested they were as happy over the result of the election as majority of Nigerians are.

He referred to president Goodluck jonathan as a moving train who was providentially stopped from collapsing Nigeria.
“I have visited six countries since the election, they are as happy about the results as we are in Nigeria. It is good not only for Nigeria, it is good for Africa and I believe it is good for the world.”

Mr. obasanjo, who led the african Union Observation Mission to the April 2015 General Election in Sudan, spoke on Thursday at a Washington DC event.

The former president described Nigeria as a country that obsessively plays “a dangerous game of moving close to the precipice”.

He said the country came close to disintegration in the run-up to the 2015 elections but switched swiftly to the path of redemption after the polls.

“I hope we will not fall over one of these days,” he said.

He said one month to the election, no one believed “we will have a peaceful election that is reasonably free and fair.”

Describing his role in the election as that of a person standing on the track of a moving train, the former president said during the countdown to the elections, he faced the option of “jumping off” the tracks or “be crushed” if the train did not providentially get “derailed and stop.”

He said he did not jump and was not crushed adding that “at every stage, there must be leaders imbued with sufficient courage and will to stand firm when you have to stand firm.”

He described the results of the elections as what Nigerians “deserve” though some Nigerians “did not want it”.

Mr. obasanjo was the featured speaker at the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) event titled What is Right with Africa: Reframing Africa’s Leadership Challenges.

He made these remarks in response to a question by Princeton Lyman, a former ambassador to Nigeria.

Mr. obasanjo observed that Nigeria’s tendency to flirt with near-death experiences stretches back to colonial times when it almost cost the country the chance of gaining political independence from Britain.

Recalling colonial-era disagreements over self-rule, the former president said at a stage, advocates of self-rule from the Eastern and Western Regions decided to “let the North go” since their leaders were reluctant to accept regional autonomy back then.

“But reason prevailed,” he said, “East and West got internal autonomy in 1957, North got same in 1959 and the whole country got independence in 1960.”

Listing the 1964 post-election violence in the south west and the 1966 coup d’etats which led to “pogrom and civil war” as other self-destructive phases in the country’s history, the former president remarked that Nigeria emerged from all of these as “one entity” in spite of contrarian speculations.

“Not only did we survive the civil war but, within nine years, somebody from the rebel side, as we called them, and somebody from the vandal side, as they called us, became president and vice-president of Nigeria. Not many countries achieve that,” he said.

president obasanjo described the 2015 election as “almost in the same category” as other near-death experiences in Nigeria’s history.

He said one month to the election, no one believed “we will have a peaceful election that is reasonably free and fair.”

“I think we are now building institutions that can withstand what we may see as danger to good governance in Africa. The election has moved Nigeria one very important step up in our democratic dispensation, process and practice.”

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181970-african-countries-happy-over-president-jonathans-defeat-obasanjo.html
Because GEJ refused to be used by OBJ. This man should go to bed cos he reminds us of everything bad about this country. If GEJ had submitted to his devious wishes, he would not be finding faults with him. Power hungry and power crazy old fellow.GEJ thankfully isnt as desperate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by 1stola: 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
close your brown dirty teeth. The only functioning cell in Ur head is spermatozoa. Look at an old betrayer like this talking shit. Who's hating? He's busy hating GEJ. At his age it is uncalled for. We don't expect an old man of a statesmanship caliber to echo words of such insanity. What's he got to prove with those words? When an old man talks like a child he will get the slap a child receives unknowingly. He created PDP n formed a ring of hoodlums for his political ambition. He left PDP cos GEJ isn't succumbing to his sheet. Now he's hating the man for losing. The man isn't power mongering like him.

And don't u ever quote me. Ok If u ever dare it I'll slap your left ear into extinction. Nonsense.
I don't argue with retardéd people..
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by millionaireman: 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
nortcentrallord:
This man forgets so easily. Hehehehe, if he looks at these picture, he should just be gr8full to God and go make peace with his creator instead of fueling internal crisis.

It seems Obssanjo wants to set Nigeria ablaze before he finally departs.
He said he fought for Nigeria's unity, but it seems that since Nigerians denied him Third Term in office, he lost faith in Nigeria, hence his endless inciting statements.

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by juman(m): 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
Despite jonathan's performance is not good, he performed better than that old cargo.

4 Likes

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ekugbeh:
dis guy z d problem of dis country o
seriously
he will soon be disgraced

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by 49cents(m): 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
66 countries across the 6 continents were very happy when his third term agenda was threw away in the dustbin of the National assembly by the dogged and no nonsense senate President, ken Nnamani, who refused the hard currency, Abike Dabiri confirmed was passed round the upper and lower chambers of the NASS

Obasanjo remains a disgrace to fatherhood and , to how old men should behave; is he the only stupid elder in Nigeria, the evil gap tooted general of Minna know what's up but he is just letting peace reign

From the old man who is sleeping with his daughter-in-law as confirmed by his own son, Gbangga; and who is disowned by his own daughter who did so in public space and domain

Obj shows he is an empty restless and useless man who has no family no son that respects or daughter that loves him,( was it not IBB that was celebrating his grand daughter. This week, Atiku son's wedding was this year or did we not see GMB reconcile with his grandson after the rigourus elections)?
that is why he venting his miserable existence after 77 years on GEJ

Of all the piscean leaders Nigerians ever had, from awolowo to shagari to Jimi, he is the worst

My 49 cents

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by espn(m): 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
A true statesman that wasted billions of dollars on power and kept hundreds of Nigeria's millions for supposed "safe-keeping".
You are a clown.
u r d biggest clown..nd GEJ wasted trillions on NOTHING. So who is d stupid one here now?
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by pcaliphate(m): 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
grin grin Pls what's the square root of 2! I want to confirm if my sub would soon end?
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by foura: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
VickJames:
I think one of the things Buhari should build in his infrastructural change is an old people's home.

This man's mouth runs faster than a public leaking pipe.
buhari should also build young people's home for you,obj said he travel to six african countries and they are happy the same way we are happy and that is true,out of the six region in nigeria only two regions ss and se are sad that gej lost but four regions are very happy,imagine a president defending corruption,now NNPC have started paying bad part of the stolen money,as an importer i wept last year because of the state of dollar to naira including high custom duty in a country with a president,boko haram was killing people like foul,all labour of the christians in the north including churches built before GEJ was born were completely destroyed and you think GOD is happy with GEJ,if has a christian he cannot protect the interest of nigeria and the christians in the north then what is the big deal removing him
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by stronger: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
light004:

Stupidity doesn't have a cure. Someone of you insulting the president may never attain his position in your lifetime.

Okay. Seen. can you tell us how much you have spent on tissue ever since GEJ lost woefully?

Must have really hurt eh? Please don't hurt yourself. You need to get to your career peak as the CHIEF SEWAGE DISPOSAL AGENT of your community. You community needs you alive. Don't hurt yourself please.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by ojsmscom(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dats true and same way we all jubiliated wen we heard u didnt meet up with your third term agenda.
B
U
H
A
R
I
RUN FOR UR LIFE I SMELL GREEDYNESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by godwin120alex: 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
OBJ(Uncle junior) a man without honour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:
No matter what one must commend OBJ's tenacity in saying the truth and daring the consequences once he holds unto an ideal.
Very few leaders in the world would come out and say they made a mistake in their imposition of a ruler(though fostered too by circumstances), and would go the full hog to reverse that mistake.
At a point in time before the elections one could perceive that for OBJ ensuring that GEJ does not return to totally wreck Nigeria, was one battle he was ready to give his life for.
I think OBJ was one of those who used his vast international influence to ensure that the major foreign powers openly spoke out,warning GEJ of dire consequences of derailing the process leading to the elections and interfering with the outcome once his loss was all but confirmed.
Baba well done. U are indeed a true statesman.

An elder statesman indeed. An elderstateman who conveniently drops his fault on a younger man just in order to claim innocence. After all the nonsense leadership of 8 years. Come to terms with reality, it wasn't about GEJ, it was about PDP so he should stop trading blames because he knows if truth be told he would be @ the centre that's why he just keep singling out GEJ as the black sheep.
Come to think of it, how many of his purported accusations came near truth. Soon, it will all come to light for those with no foresight to see. Nothing hides for ever.

2 Likes

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by xtervaganza(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
We were taught back in school that old ppl r full of wisdom. And that their words r well scrutinized before being spoken... But, today I question the veracity of those words
your opinion of Obj means nothing to your betters who invited him for an event at Washington DC
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by CSTR2: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:

Baba OBJ and GEJ are miles apart.
A president who could allow thousands of people to be murdered and almost a million displaced by an initially rag- tag army that later became a formidable force under his implicit and rumored help and lost a portion of our lands for several months;is a prime candidates for the ICC.
For you to even be trying to put GEJ that cost us thousands of lives,apart from many other atrocities,to OBJ whose only shortcoming might have been d colossal sum of money spent on well intended projects,has convinced me you have clearly lost all sense of rational thinking.I pity you.
You are a lunatic.
So GEJ is a prime candidate for the ICC because his govt was plagued with terrorism-a rising global concern?
OBJ the monster who carried out the genocidal slaughter of Nigerians in odi and zaki ibiam is your model of a true leader who should be knighted.
You deserve 10 years working the russian mines of siberia ,and that is after a full brain surgery.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by lukxman(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
My role model kenan... We poo and admit we did it and proceeded to clean it. Taking it in a keke NAPEP on the 29th of May to deposit the poo in a thrash can called Otuoke. Let it be there, and if the thrash bin burst, let it collaborate with bursted pipeline, like a Terry G. and Timaya's collaboration, to pollute the Bayelsa waters. We, Nigerians are tired of perciving this poo. OBJ give them some more
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Sobeautiful: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
onatisi:
I am not a fan of obj ,but I think he was quoted out of context and the press actually twisted his words .
Hope so.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Btoyob(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
This Baba no dey tire?what does it want from Gej again!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by jascon1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
xtervaganza:
your opinion of Obj means nothing to your betters who invited him for an event at Washington DC
at least I have an opinion. Compared to u who can only comment on my opinions. Am facing OBJ u r facing me. Cant u c I outclass u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by openmine(m): 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
This is what will end "bobosonjo's" silly life.

@ picture make sure you remove his JOHN THOMAS.
bro dat pic is scary...u want person 2 get bad dream dis nite?? tongue angry tongue
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by jascon1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
1stola:

I don't argue with retardéd people..
u can't even argue with. U r a non entity before me. Get out my sight, earthworm
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
Very true. Tanoids will know better after May 29.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by jascon1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
awejulius:
and you're not too senseless like people that like your Post.
u way be say if I open Ur brain Na so so kpangolo go fall comot from inside, Na u won still talk? Abeg go drink water make dehydration no kill u. No be me day do u Na hungry
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Angel1977: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
For the sake of the Office that GEJ occupied, which OBJ himself occupied at sometime, for the sake of our national pride as Nigerians, I think it is about time OBJ is called to order. In spite of their fierce contest, even GEJ and GMB did not throw personal attacks at each other before, during and after the elections, there has been this mutual respect for each other. Why this endless desecration of the exalted Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? Is OBJ jealous of the name that GEJ has made for himself by peacefully conceding rather than trying to use unconstitutional means to perpetuate himself in power like trying to manipulate the populace for a 3rd term, like he OBJ did? We have not forgotten his infamous attempt at getting a third term . . . .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by jamace(m): 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
This shameless daughter in law fuvcker has come again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by 1stola: 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
u can't even argue with. U r a non entity before me. Get out my sight, earthworm
You need a doctor asap. You bloody cretinous morôn.

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by foura: 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Welrez:
Now I know that foolishness has no age limit.
you should know that obj was addressing a group of people that are also happy that GEJ lost infact i am happy too,GEJ said all is well with NNPC but NNPC is paying back part of the missing money today,truelly stealing is not corruption
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Rotimi47: 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Obasanjo keep saying the truth even if heaters keep hatting because they only want what favor them & their people only. Tribalist.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 8:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
kay1one2:
This is the same old poke noser who went to Zimbabwe to observe elections for the AU and said they were free and fair! Zimbabwe! International observers had a different view!

AU seems to be a joke even. How many credible elections did the confused Obj had while he was the president of Nigeria? Or did they send him there to teach them how to rig elections? Hahahahaha. I am sorry for that country.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by jascon1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
1stola:

You need a doctor bloody cretinous morôn.
so y r u posting pics of Ur elder sister on nairaland? I just day pity u cos Na only breeze I go just blow u u go just fly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition / BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.