Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo (42140 Views)

Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Meet the Five Architects Of Jonathan’s Defeat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Litmus: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
If Africa is pleased Nigeria should be worried i would've thought since i don't get the impression Africa wants the best for Nigeria.

With OBJ lurking in the background, in the halls of power, I'm beginning to worry that Buhari may return Nigeria to old ways of doing things when what we need is to drag Nigeria into a new era the way Johnathan was doing.

One gets the impression that Buhari would think Biometrics belong to the back of those old Nigerian exercise books along with the high jumper, times table, feet and inches.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
49cents:
66 countries across the 6 continents were very happy when his third term agenda was threw away in the dustbin of the National assembly by the dogged and no nonsense senate President, ken Nnamani, who refused the hard currency, Abike Dabiri confirmed was passed round the upper and lower chambers of the NASS

Obasanjo remains a disgrace to fatherhood and , to how old men should behave; is he the only stupid elder in Nigeria, the evil gap tooted general of Minna know what's up but he is just letting peace reign

From the old man who is sleeping with his daughter-in-law as confirmed by his own son, Gbangga; and who is disowned by his own daughter who did so in public space and domain

Obj shows he is an empty restless and useless man who has no family no son that respects or daughter that loves him,( was it not IBB that was celebrating his grand daughter. This week, Atiku son's wedding was this year or did we not see GMB reconcile with his grandson after the rigourus elections)?
that is why he venting his miserable existence after 77 years on GEJ

Of all the piscean leaders Nigerians ever had, from awolowo to shagari to Jimi, he is the worst

My 49 cents

Hahahahaha, you just finished him with that fatality punch. Thumbs up bro.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by openmine(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
You are a lunatic.
So GEJ is a prime candidate for the ICC because his govt was plagued with terrorism-a rising global concern?
OBJ the monster who carried out the genocidal slaughter of Nigerians in odi and zaki ibiam is your model of a true leader who should be knighted.
You deserve 10 years working the russian mines of siberia ,and that is after a full brain surgery.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin *Falls of the chair*
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by awayeyebundle: 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
OBJ is a elderstateman that should be given kudos,he warned Gej that he promise him one term but he and his cohort refuses that he should die there.Jonathan's administration has failed Nigerians with huge deficit and all his ministers are roque,thieves....I know that Obj is not a saint but comparing Obj and Gej administration,difference is clear OBJ bring Phone to we Nigerians......sorry readers what did Gej bring to Nigerians?.He would av been d best President if he listened to Obj,don't forget Abdulsaalam Abubakar give the democracy we Nigerians are enjoyin today.

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
I have completely lost faith in obj. Please delete him from list of eminent personality.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
omenka:
Baba, Omenka is happier than anyone else or country could be over his defeat.

Even Plankton couldn't be as happy as I am when he eventually succeeds in stealing the Crabby Paddy's Secret Formula from Mr Crabs. (Those who watch Spongebob would understand me better. grin)

spongebob as in sponge_brain,huh? grin
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
millionaireman:

A phyrric victory - if Obssanjo still has sense.

Here Obssanjo talked about SW and SE regions getting autonomy from Britain when the northern region was refusing autonomy.
But where are those autonomies now?

After independence, the SW, SE, and northern regions had regional governments, until Ironsi brought a closer and mild form of unitary government.

But after Ironsi, north ballooned the unitary government system, such that all those autonomies the SW and SE fought hard to obtain before and after independence, are now denied them by Nigeria through a 1999 constitution - a constitution supervused by northern soldiers for unitary government which gives north over -dominance of Nigeria's political process, as well as takes most of Nigeria's revenues to north.

Obssanjo pursues what interests him only.
i love ur analysis but its useless nw u knw y? If nt forwarded to Obasanjo 4 explanation and details, it wil just b lyk crying a river. .
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by ChikezieU(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:
No matter what one must commend OBJ's tenacity in saying the truth and daring the consequences once he holds unto an ideal.
Very few leaders in the world would come out and say they made a mistake in their imposition of a ruler(though fostered too by circumstances), and would go the full hog to reverse that mistake.
At a point in time before the elections one could perceive that for OBJ ensuring that GEJ does not return to totally wreck Nigeria, was one battle he was ready to give his life for.
I think OBJ was one of those who used his vast international influence to ensure that the major foreign powers openly spoke out,warning GEJ of dire consequences of derailing the process leading to the elections and interfering with the outcome once his loss was all but confirmed.
Baba well done. U are indeed a true statesman.
Dude ur anus does the thinking while ur brain does the expulsion
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by DeeMain(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
OBJ should bury himself in shame. He single-handedly brought Nigeria to the precipice with his greed, pettiness and lack of vision.

Choosing the two most unqualified persons of Yaradua and GEJ in the whole of Nigeria to rule us was the genesis and pivot of all these problems we've been bedevilled with.

A very sick Yaradua, who almost died during his campaigns and an incompetent GEJ who's only positive was his unalloyed loyalty to Alams and laid-back attitude.

The SS didn't choose GEJ. In the whole of the South-south, he could not find one competent person to represent the region, not Donald Duke, not Tonye Princewill, no technocrat, nobody with proven mettle?

The choice he made for the SS is the problem. That choice changed everything.

How can any sane person make the choices he made except the person is egomaniacal and self-serving? OBJ abeg go and sit down joor.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by anigold(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
jascon1:
We were taught back in school that old ppl r full of wisdom. And that their words r well scrutinized before being spoken... But, today I question the veracity of those words

Truth..

Very soon baba and tinubu will fight..
I guess Africans are happy because GEJ did not triggered a civil so that 100m Nigerians will swamp other African countries as REFUGEE....
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Ofornaira: 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
OK
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by stronger: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
nerilove:
I R[/b]eally pity the breast that [b]gave U suck. GEJ is not competent and he was choosen by d general. The general talked about the election been free and fair but D[/b]uring his time [b]is the election free and fair? If U don't know, UN is proposing to give him(GEJ)an executive position. Tell urself the hometruth. The general who instigated rigging is now calling pot black. Don't worry, Buhari will gv him his position when time comes. Mtcheew!

I just wasted 2 minutes highlighting your grammatical errors. If you paid attention in school rather than learning sewage disposal and chasing prostittutes, this should not have happened!

Now run along and go do your english assignments and your chores, okay?
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by specco(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
This man is too petty. And he is full of envy having seen the handwriting on the wall. Very soon Gej will replace you as the Nigerian nay African statesman, having made a name for himself as a champion of demacracy and the world would no more have need of you to deliver lectures and give talks on democracy.Very soon it'll hit you like a thunderbolt and you would just pale into insignificance. You cant cover the moon with your hands, its impossible. Gej is still rising.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by anigold(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
stronger:
This is obvious na.

GEJ was no even competent enough to be a local govt chairman. . not to mention President. So, clearly, he was NO LEADER for Africa. The clown didn't even know about the Morocco scandal until Wole Soyinka told him. The clown had to go begging Chad and Niger to fight Boko Haram for him.

Together with Jacob Zuma, they were a pathetic duo (In stark contrast to the AFRICAN LEADERSHIP of the Obj-Mbeki duo)

Good riddance!

bros what are u saying.. did you read the title of this thread...

mtcheew...

WHY DONT YOU START "I hate GEJ on your own forum"

Politics is no war.... oga
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Chars1289: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
Baba has spoken the truth,visit sambisa to vent ur anger if you feel otherwise
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
foura:
buhari should also build young people's home for you,obj said he travel to six african countries and they are happy the same way we are happy and that is true,out of the six region in nigeria only two regions ss and se are sad that gej lost but four regions are very happy,imagine a president defending corruption,now NNPC have started paying bad part of the stolen money,as an importer i wept last year because of the state of dollar to naira including high custom duty in a country with a president,boko haram was killing people like foul,all labour of the christians in the north including churches built before GEJ was born were completely destroyed and you think GOD is happy with GEJ,if has a christian he cannot protect the interest of nigeria and the christians in the north then what is the big deal removing him
mumu, wat concerns christians wit ds post... if u think God has anything to do wit Islam, den u re blind.. and moreover how does Gej being a christian make a good leader, d terrorist idiots in d M.E killing christians, so God is happy wit deir moslem leaders..... ode
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by anigold(m): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
socialmediaman:
Though he didn't have to make it obvious, what he said is true, Most Nigerians are happy the incumbent got defeated, it's not about him, it's about the future and welfare of Nigerians. I do not think there is need to overblow the issue anyway, we have to move on and work together to rebuild a badly managed nation.

so now tinubu and Amaechi are the future.. I pity the future of Nigeria when 90% of our socalled youths have stopped thinking...

1 Like

Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by mykemiley(f): 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
stronger:

Wait, they now allow prostittutes on Nairaland? Oya your customer is waiting for you ehn? Do am well well o.
well... Na me and ur mama na dey am 2geda na...hahahahaha
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by emeka762001(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
Obansajo always seeking for attention. baba if I were u, I wld rather be thinking of my last days on earth instead of all busy body u re doing.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by anigold(m): 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
doctokwus:
No matter what one must commend OBJ's tenacity in saying the truth and daring the consequences once he holds unto an ideal.
Very few leaders in the world would come out and say they made a mistake in their imposition of a ruler(though fostered too by circumstances), and would go the full hog to reverse that mistake.
At a point in time before the elections one could perceive that for OBJ ensuring that GEJ does not return to totally wreck Nigeria, was one battle he was ready to give his life for.
I think OBJ was one of those who used his vast international influence to ensure that the major foreign powers openly spoke out,warning GEJ of dire consequences of derailing the process leading to the elections and interfering with the outcome once his loss was all but confirmed.
Baba well done. U are indeed a true statesman.

even the devil has followers and worshippers.

adolf hitler had followers and worshippers.

so am not surprised that some folks now see OBJ has SAINT OBJ.

LOL....
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by goodgood2(m): 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
VickJames:
I think one of the things Buhari should build in his infrastructural change is an old people's home.

This man's mouth runs faster than a public leaking pipe.
Yes, I buy this idea; lest he starts distracting buhari like he did Gej.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by anigold(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
[b] undecided

WE TOLD THEM GEJ IS CLUELESS TANOIDS SAID GEJ TILL 2019 grin

WE TOLD THEM HE IS THE MOST CORRUPT PRESIDENT IN THE WORLD TANOIDS SAID HE TRANSFORMED TRAIN AND THEIR BRAIN BACKWARDS undecided

WE TOLD THEM HE ACCEPTED DEFEAT COS HE FEARS ICC TANOIDS CALLED HIM A HERO grin

WE TOLD THEM IF HE LOOSE THE ELECTION NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, TANOIDS SAID THE MILITANTS WILL BOMB ALL THE PIPELINE grin

WE TOLD THEM BUHARI IS A MOVEMENT, TANOIDS SAID HE HAS BEEN LOSING SINCE 2003 grin

WE TOLD THEM THE NORTH AND SOUTHWEST ARE THE POLITICAL GIANTS OF NIGERIA, THE MUMU'S SAID WE ARE NORTHERN SLAVES grin

WE TOLD THEM AMAECHI IS AN AGENT OF CHANGE, TANOIDS SAID HE'S A DRIVER AND AN ERRAND BOY cheesy

WE TOLD THEM TINUBU IS THE BEST POLITICAL STRATEGIST IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA, Igbos SAID IT IS THEIR COWARD WAR LORD WHO RAN TO IVORY COAST grin

WE TOLD THEM PDP IS DEAD AND BURIED TANOIDS SAID THEY ARE COMING BACK IN 2019 grin

MORAL OF THE STORY IS : SAI BUHARI tongue

#no matter how bitter you are, the certificateless illiterate will rule you and your family till 2023 tongue[/b]

if you say GEJ is the most corrupt that means that to YOU Abacha and IBB were the best leaders.

hahahahahah...
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by goodgood2(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
VickJames:
I think one of the things Buhari should build in his infrastructural change is an old people's home.

This man's mouth runs faster than a public leaking pipe.
Yes, I buy this idea; lest he starts distracting buhari like he did Gej. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
[b][size=13pt]The washing of GEJ's image continues under close supervision from his American masters.

You would have realised that since "conceding defeat" in the polls GEJ has not made any live unscripted statement or given interviews or taken any journalist questions. In short, the normally clumsy Jonathan has not put a foot wrong.

"When a man's behaviour becomes unusual, it is probably because the unusual is happening to the man."

America cannot trust him not to make a gaff and expose their evil plans for Nigeria, so the mind boggles what type of global position they could entrust to him. The truth is that all this is part of laundering GEJ's image.

It is important for America to ensure that Nigeria believes GEJ is genuine about his plans to handover, so that he could be free from any suspicion when something unfortunate occurs to stop Buhari from fulfilling his mandate.

America is hoping that GEJ's laundered image would assist Nigeria to accept the person America tells GEJ to announce to us as the Interim President after Buhari's removal from the arena;

There is every possibility that the reason America's most loyal stooge, Thief Obasanjo is smooching up to the APC is because America is likely to choose him (to be announced by GEJ) as the Interim President who would promise a rapid return to democracy, but who's real role is to preside and allow America to disintegrate Nigeria.

Let us not forget the great job Thief Obasanjo did for America in breaking up Nigeria before he had to leave office:

1. Gave away Bakassi

2. Allowed the formation of Boko Haram, Odua People Congress , MASSOB etc.

3. Degrading Nigerian military.

4. Opening up Nigeria's military to America

May the Gods of our land stop all evil planned against us and the President elect. [/size][/b]
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by tete7000(m): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
If Nigeria went close to the precipice during the countdown to election, Obasanjo with his many lies was one of those who took us so close. Is it the snipper lie? the coup talk? The interim government propaganda and the talk of Jonathan planning to hand over to the military? All these were lies told by Mr (or is it Chief?) Olusegun Okikiola Obasanjo.
The man really has penchant for telling lies. He planned a third term bid, wrote to deny it and won't mention it as one of the periods in Nigeria history we have also been very close to the precipice. What a man? What a lie?
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Chars1289: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
specco:
This man is too petty. And he is full of envy having seen the handwriting on the wall. Very soon Gej will replace you as the Nigerian nay African statesman, having made a name for himself as a champion of demacracy and the world would no more have need of you to deliver lectures and give talks on democracy.Very soon it'll hit you like a thunderbolt and you would just pale into insignificance. You cant cover the moon with your hands, its impossible. Gej is still rising.
champion of democracy my foot.The man that almost descrated all government institutions for personal aggrandizement.
I know you all brag abt him conceding to defeat.Hello,for records, btw 2000 and 2002 four African countries<senegal,Mauritius,Ghana and Mali> had peacefully handed power to victorious opposition parties.
So it is not new.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by anigold(m): 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Novaworld:
Former president, Olusegun obasanjo, on Thursday said countries across the african continent are happy over the outcome of the presidential election in Nigeria, which saw the defeat of incumbent president Goodluck jonathan.

Mr. obasanjo said his checks in a number of african countries suggested they were as happy over the result of the election as majority of Nigerians are.

He referred to president Goodluck jonathan as a moving train who was providentially stopped from collapsing Nigeria.
“I have visited six countries since the election, they are as happy about the results as we are in Nigeria. It is good not only for Nigeria, it is good for Africa and I believe it is good for the world.”

Mr. obasanjo, who led the african Union Observation Mission to the April 2015 General Election in Sudan, spoke on Thursday at a Washington DC event.

The former president described Nigeria as a country that obsessively plays “a dangerous game of moving close to the precipice”.

He said the country came close to disintegration in the run-up to the 2015 elections but switched swiftly to the path of redemption after the polls.

“I hope we will not fall over one of these days,” he said.

He said one month to the election, no one believed “we will have a peaceful election that is reasonably free and fair.”

Describing his role in the election as that of a person standing on the track of a moving train, the former president said during the countdown to the elections, he faced the option of “jumping off” the tracks or “be crushed” if the train did not providentially get “derailed and stop.”

He said he did not jump and was not crushed adding that “at every stage, there must be leaders imbued with sufficient courage and will to stand firm when you have to stand firm.”

He described the results of the elections as what Nigerians “deserve” though some Nigerians “did not want it”.

Mr. obasanjo was the featured speaker at the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) event titled What is Right with Africa: Reframing Africa’s Leadership Challenges.

He made these remarks in response to a question by Princeton Lyman, a former ambassador to Nigeria.

Mr. obasanjo observed that Nigeria’s tendency to flirt with near-death experiences stretches back to colonial times when it almost cost the country the chance of gaining political independence from Britain.

Recalling colonial-era disagreements over self-rule, the former president said at a stage, advocates of self-rule from the Eastern and Western Regions decided to “let the North go” since their leaders were reluctant to accept regional autonomy back then.

“But reason prevailed,” he said, “East and West got internal autonomy in 1957, North got same in 1959 and the whole country got independence in 1960.”

Listing the 1964 post-election violence in the south west and the 1966 coup d’etats which led to “pogrom and civil war” as other self-destructive phases in the country’s history, the former president remarked that Nigeria emerged from all of these as “one entity” in spite of contrarian speculations.

“Not only did we survive the civil war but, within nine years, somebody from the rebel side, as we called them, and somebody from the vandal side, as they called us, became president and vice-president of Nigeria. Not many countries achieve that,” he said.

president obasanjo described the 2015 election as “almost in the same category” as other near-death experiences in Nigeria’s history.

He said one month to the election, no one believed “we will have a peaceful election that is reasonably free and fair.”

“I think we are now building institutions that can withstand what we may see as danger to good governance in Africa. The election has moved Nigeria one very important step up in our democratic dispensation, process and practice.”

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181970-african-countries-happy-over-president-jonathans-defeat-obasanjo.html

This is a man that GOD gave presidency on a plater of Gold.

and this is the same Man that wanted THIRD TERM IN ASO ROCK, sorry FOURTH TERM..
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by lyricalz: 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
E don dooooooooooooooo, d man has lost and conceded defeat, what all this still about? We don hear, make buhari enter n start him miracle.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by stronger: 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
anigold:

bros what are u saying.. did you read the title of this thread...

mtcheew...

WHY DONT YOU START "I hate GEJ on your own forum"

Politics is no war.... oga

Okay Sir. Sorry sir. Have a good evening sir.
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by Perceptor(m): 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
CSTR2:
A true statesman that wasted billions of dollars on power and kept hundreds of Nigeria's millions for supposed "safe-keeping".
You are a clown.
You ar a die hard fool, he wasted billions of dollars but he saved trillions in external reserve wch jolanta wasted!
Re: African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo by specco(m): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
Chars1289:

champion of democracy my foot.The man that almost descrated all government institutions for personal aggrandizement.
I know you all brag abt him conceding to defeat.Hello,for records, btw 2000 and 2002 four African countries<senegal,Mauritius,Ghana and Mali> had peacefully handed power to victorious opposition parties.
So it is not new.

It is equally on record that no Nigerian leader before him has ever conceded defeat. Your Buhari contested for president (2003, 2007, 2011) and failed each time and on no occasion did he conced defeat and congratulate the winner. Did you remember what he said would happen to monkeys and baboons if he lost again in 2015? Man, be real and give honour to whom its due.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why / Wike And Fubara Compete Through Bags Of Rice Distribution In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.